YEAHHHHH BUDDDDDYYYYY

>YEAHHHHH BUDDDDDYYYYY
Keep lifting heavy, bros, all those heavy squats, arched overhead presses, and deadlifts are surely the way to go.

YEAHHHHH BUDDDDY RPE 10.5

the average person on Veeky Forums is never going to approach the lifts that ronnie did. you're not gonna destroy your spine by squatting 405

he was also squatting 600 and pulling in the 8s like 6 months after that wreck so uh

Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy.

He won Olympia 8 fucking times you retard.

injuries are caused by stupidity
young guys in there 20s go 100% every time, grind reps, use loose form, every time they step in the gym and just assume they're gonna be able to do this for years scott free. it all catches up to you in the end

you wanna know how i train squats? i do my warm ups and then choose a weight from 405-455ish and do easy, perfect form triples for 5-10 sets depending on how im feeling. no struggling. no grinding.

>you wanna know how i train squats?
Nope.

lol ok. stay in your dogmatic mindset.

> ohh lifting will injure you bro better stop lifting

>triples

how many times a week do you guys bench

Once, on chest day

Twice, PPL.

a set of 3

when it doesnt hurt

How can I do same as you? ?

OP probably lifts with shitty form, doing 5-6 pushing exercises in the sagittal and coronal planes and maybe two pulling exercises, and besides from being a weak bitch most likely has terrible posture and poor flexibility and will have enormous back pain later in life.

Meanwhile Stuart McGill teaches the squat and deadlift as a way to rehabilitate and condition the back.

Human beings just aren't adequately put together to be the size Ronnie Coleman was. That's what will fuck you up.

you want a simple answer? patience and practice

when i was starting out i would do 3 sets of 5 and over time work up to 3 sets of 10 with the same weight with perfect form and build from there

yup, i know that whenever i ditch squats for a bit my back starts acting up

>implying OP advocated against squats or deadlifts

>a guy who roided himsef into oblivion and squatted over 1000 lbs fucks up his spine and it somehow affects the average natty lifter

In all fairness, Ronnie deadlifted retarded heavy weight with absolutely garbage form. It's no wonder it's come back to bite him in the ass.

It's all relative. Many kids deadlift 4-500 with terrible form as well because their meme programming says so (muh RPE from coach)

this. two times I've tweaked my back deadlifting. The first time I followed Veeky Forumss advice of taking a week off and deloading. All that happened was I detrained on the deadlift and my back hurt even more when I started back
the second time i did it years later, i spent 2 sessions doing lowbar squats with just the bar, RDLs with just the bar, and tempo deadlift singles with 135. The pain disappeared after that. My doctor told me that there was no reason to stop strengthening my back just because of a little pain. Coincidentally, he also lifts and told me to do what I did.
never listen to Veeky Forums on medical advice. ever

Take his spine out?? How does that even work???

> almost 2018
> not being an invertebrate

>I have too much scar tissue in my back from previous surgeries
fucking hell, sounds like a trainwreck, even roids cant fix scar tissue

roids are what caused all this damage in the first place.

approaching the spine through the abdominal wall for a laminectomy is pretty common t b h.

likewise, they go through your neck to get to your cervical spine.

Deadlifts from what I've seen/experienced are fastest way to snap city.

I switched to RDL's as well. Holy fuck they are so much better for my back. Less likely to lift beyond my means or strain anything.

It's a shame because this is Ronnie's peak right here.

No need to use steroids

>never listen to Veeky Forums on medical advice. ever
They're spineless people, really.

lol

twice

> No need to use steroids
Knot sheriff cereal

your doctor is a fucking retard

That's about peak natty

using candytoe's routine so I do every lift twice per week

>candytoe's routine
i literally googled this because i have never heard of this routine before, jesus christ im stupid

>anonymous user on an anime image board knows better than a doctor who has spent years studying the human body
he literally said he followed his doctors advice and the pain stopped you goddamn brainlet

None of us are lifting Ronnie coleman numbers the fuck kind of argument is this?

once every few weeks, my routine is the following:
>calves
>traps
>quads
>anterior delts
>hamstrings
>posterior delts
>upper chest
>spinal erectors
>lats
>abs
>chest
>biceps
>triceps
>forearms
>rest
>repeat
is this optimal for aesthetics?

i'm sure the years of steroid abuse had nothing to do with his current complications.

Why, exactly?

dont change a thing

he told him to deadlift after he hurt himself deadlifting

oh my god youre actually clueless

yeah if you roid

>tfw forgot to compensate my push movements in the astral plane

>leg press several thousands of pounds over the years
>idiots on Veeky Forums surprised he has to have surgery due to injuries / strain
>idiots on Veeky Forums think they are anywhere near lifting anything like Ronnie did

nah dude, I'm natty

fake weights

Every day. Because every day is bicep and chest day

Enjoy your lifetime of having your shoulders roll forward to the nth dimension you neanderthal.

and now he is going to get his intestines and spine removed

While we're on the subject - can anyone recommend decent exercises for glutes/ quads/ leg day in general that are safe to do with a knee injury / generally fucked up knee?

My left knee has been fucked ever since august and I'll have surgery for it sometime soon. Deadlifts and squats are impossible to do because of the pain and the instability. Only shit I found to be tolerable so far is leg extensions.

I agree 100% with not listening to Veeky Forums. Most people here are absolute retards. But listening to your doctor isn't the smartest strategy either in most cases. Go listen to stuart mcgill or read his books. If it has to do with backs he knows. And if he doesn't, no one does.

Used to do it every day for 1 hour non-stop for 1.5 years. Now I don't touch that.

Whats safer for long term joint health?

High rep lower weights or fewer reps at higher intensity

Just don't do roids. Notice nearly every vid you see of someone tearing a muscle is on gear.

Autism

We’ll only the strong survive

You’re picking cherries becusse you can’t get to the grapes.

underrated post

JUST

Depends on the exact value of the number of reps and amount of weight - you can use Paris Erdogan's law to attempt to determine the true maximum number of reps a ligament or bone can take and how many cycles it takes to propagate a pre-existing crack across brittle surfaces. Overall, it isn't something that is easily quantifiable, with proper conditioning you can live and lift a long time without fucking your shit up; however, if you lift PR heavy weights very often then your stabilizing muscles and cartilage will take the brunt of the damage and you'll get your shit fucked up. You should probably taper in each of your mesocycles from high rep light weights and slowly taper down to high intensity low rep training in a controlled manner then deload and rinse and repeat, as most athletes do.

just one time you're off . .

ironically enough this injury saved his life, forced him to give up bbing and all the shit he was shoveling into his system that killed guys like Nasser & Dallas McCarver and ruined Ronnie Coleman.

except hes still on it

what the fuck

????????
if he was still on this much gear he'd be fucking dead
he quit like 6 months after this pic was taken

this desu u need to lift for a couple years as a young guy before you figure out how it wokrs

then:
>be 16
>start lifting
>do SS
>Veeky Forums fuels my giant insecurities about my body
>think i should be hitting 1/2/3/4 after 6 months
>going balls to the wall dieting and squatting
>if i dont get linear gains on my squat i literally go in my room and cry

now:
>enjoy my workouts
>never get injured
>laugh at Veeky Forumss standards

Tuesdays are regular bench, Thursdays are close grip.

>you wanna know how i train squats?
>i don't follow a program, here's what EYEEEEEEEEE DO!

I'm almost at 1/2/3/4 after two years :(

Cool, people die for less and don't accomplish shit. Yeah it sucks, but he'll live and be a legend anyway forever.

there are two kinds of men, and two kinds of paths to take when you fail to reach a standard you had for yourself

>strengthen your resolve, and try anew

>move the goalposts, embrace mediocrity

also,

>caring about strength, ever

lol

Retards taking the b8

muscle is a biproduct of strength you. A training split needs to have the right amount of heavy lifting and volume.

honestly what was JP Fux even thinking.. using real weights for the photo shoot like anybody except the few people there would know the god damn difference, what a waste of genetics man.

Why even do leg presses? Not worth the risk imo

why even train legs breh?

Agree. It's not like I am some shorts wearing faggot.

in all honesty 405 squats arent really that much.. dont get me wrong but the average person who put some time into squats can do 405. Ronnie was doing shit like 800x2... thats the kind of shit that really wrecks a guy. Just stay off the roids and you probably wont get strong enough to break yourself like he did.

Lmfao

Heavy lifting is a fucking meme. If you just want to look good like 99% of people who come to this board, there's no point in squatting heavy.

>wanting to be idolized for picking something up at the cost of your functional body

ehhh I was 33 when I started and I was able to hit 1/2/3/4 after about 6 months.. but also I am a construction worker who used to work with glass... seriously the 1st time I pulled I hit 315, dl's took only 3 months to hit 4 pl8, squats were about 4.5 months to hit 3 pl8.. bench and ohp lagged like hell for awhile.

>lifting heavy things
>accomplish shit

Ye him and thousands of gorillas.

>the average person who put some time into squats can do 405

Less than 0.001% can squat 4 plates

Lol, whatever helps you sleep at night

biking every day so you can skip leg training and extra cardio

>net worth of 10 million; literally earned millions of dollars with his body before it gave out
> autist on a soylent dick mashing forum chuckles, "hurr durr, look where it got him"
user...
>artists get arthritis
>football players get concussions
>bodybuilders mutate and die
>but we all gotta die mate
Just make sure you get something out of your time

> trying to hit 1/2/3/4 while dieting
Lemme sign your permission slip kid, you definitely belong here.

this is true. Search "leg press rib injuries" and see how many people get seriously hurt at full ROM. It's pretty hard to laugh at people quarter repping leg press after reading all that.

>every single hobby will lead to an injury
Stop being retarded.

woulda been 100% fine if he had safeties too

why do people squat or bench without safeties?

It's not so much the doing 800x2 that wrecks him

It's the DECADES spent doing it, and then its hitting 40, 50+ still trying to do heavy lifting, on steroids, possibly with minor form issues that accumulate problems.