QTDDTOT:

Stalling big time on bench and rows on PPL. should I switch to nsuns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zm2jXwbkPoI&t=103s
youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did I find something I wasn't supposed to?
Page 11?

Check form
Get enough sleep
Eat enough
If that doesn't help, switch

Can I replace Pullups with DB Rows? Currently I don't have a Pullup bar.

nsuns doesn't have rows

My cardio fucking sucks, I got a bike, and I had a really great day riding it today despite getting very tired. I wanted to ask, after how many weeks of regular biking, between 3 and 5 times a week, for between 30 and 60 minutes each time, do you guys think one might notice improvement in cardiovascular health?

get a treadmill, i can ride 30km in 45mins and can't run 2k, cycling sucks for functional cardio

This is just my opinion, so disregard it if you want. Ditch strict programs. Remember this meme?
>mindset over routine
It's not really a total meme. There is actual truth to that. I will recommend planning out and strategizing to reach quotas and goals, not using strict routines like a beginner.

Personally, I make a plan to hit every major muscle group twice in a 7-8 day period, alternating rep schemes and testing maxes once every two weeks to a month. Sometimes I do something simple like a 5 X 3, and a few weeks later I will switch to pyramid sets of 10,8,6,5,3,1, etc. Or ill change it after a week.

Some weeks maybe I BB bench twice but work legs once, another week maybe I bench once but work legs twice. You get the idea.

As well, do accessory exercises on the side to supplement main lifts. Ex: Rack pulls will help with deadlift, flies and military press will help with bench, glute abduction and jumps help with squat, etc. You get the idea.

Remember that less is more. Maybe not doing a lift for a week will actually raise it. That happens to me often.

Also:
Got an occasional shoulder pain these days. Description of it:
>previously had rotator cuff damage I allowed time for recovery for
>the pain was more internal than this one
>occasional stinging pain on outside of delt
>actually goes away when I train chest, but comes the day after and lasts a few days
>fades after 3-4 days usually if I avoid chest
>when I raise arm up from side 45-90 degrees, a small stinging
>minor clicking sometimes, sometimes slight squishing noises

What gives? What is the deal? Bursitis?

Sort of but not really. No real sub for vertical pulling, but rows are better than nothing.

Are test boosters a shill or do they really give you a increase in performance and libido?

>pic related is what my brother suggested

I’m going through something similar, the tendons connecting my pec major to my sternum have been hurting and also my rotary cuff has been. I did a hard cheat day one day a few weeks ago and it’s just been a dull pain that hasn’t gone away. Just go light on chest and shoulders and Baby it a little.

>uni gym closed for break
what do 4 body weight shit

Chest day*

just swim it's better for you

Heres whats weird man: Like I said the pain goes away after a few days, and is not there or disappears when I hit chest hard. It comes back the next day but fades quick. No pain at the internal areas- joints, tendons connecting my pec to the outer areas, or in the pec. Squishing and pain on the outside.

Oh well, Guess youre right user. Gotta be careful with chest.

How is this while lifting for maintenence? Alternating MWF, used to run push/pull twice a week but I don't have time anymore. Hip injury prevents me from doing squats/deads/lunges.

Push
Incline Barbell Bench Press 5x5
Dumbbell OHP 4x8
Dips 4x8
Cable Crossover 3x12
Lateral Raises 3x12
Leg Press 5x5
Quad Extension 3x12
Cable Crunch 3x12
Exercise Bike/Sled Push (Cardio)

Pull
Weighted Pullup 5x5
One Arm DB Row 4x8
Seated Wide Cable Row 4x8
Face Pull 3x12
Bicep Curls 3x12
Barbell Hip Thrust 5x5
Hamstring Curl 3x12
Calf Raisers 3x12
Row Machine/Sled Pull (Cardio)

It probably goes away for 2 reasons on chest day(completely a guess)

1. It is streching your shoulder a certain to the point you won’t feel it

2. It has so much stress on it that the body’s naturally inflammatory hormones shoot to it to stop intense pain

Most test boosters just contain supplements you can buy over the counter like zinc, vitamin d, etc. Just read the label beforehand

Theyre overpriced trash usually
See
The stuff in it that makes any difference can be bought or eaten with a balanced diet and lifestyle. Memes aside, onion, copious greens, lamb/mutton, liver, heart, ginger, and garlic are actually good for test production.

If you want to legally lower estrogen which can indirectly cause higher test, there is androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione. Look on Amazon.

>injured
>doing what I can to keep beating the shit out of my body

>Trying to make a decent all body work out without using barbell/dumbell rows

Bench Press 3x10
OHP 3x10
Barbell curls 3x10

Standing T-Bar Row 3x10
Wide-Grip Seated Cable Row 3x10

Hanging Leg Raise 3x10
Horizontal Seated Leg Press 3x10

Are these enough exercises to hit every muscle group? Anything I should add while avoiding deadlifts/squats/rows?

coming from a PL background, what kind of routine should I do for aesthetics? I want to mix things up a bit and do a cycle of some bro stuff

would some PPL routine be good and which one do you rec? thanks lads

>Are these enough exercises to hit every muscle group?
From a bodybuilding standpoint, I guess.

Here are some things that you haven't included:
Single leg work
Oblique work
Rear + side delt work
Triceps isolation
Calf work
Posterior chain work
Forearm isolation
- Not saying you necessarily need these things though.

Also, if you're having low back issues, first be sure not to go so deep on the leg press that your low back rounds.
Second, actually doing deadlifts and/or squats MAY be exactly what you need, if only you get the form down and start out extremely light, and only progress very slowly.

You may want to look into one of the Renaissance Periodization templates.

>Renaissance Periodization
thanks mango, I will

What is the absolute best for back width? My entire body is progressing nicely except for my lats. My back thickness has improved a lot but I'm still staying narrow. How do I fix this?

bro-splits

How much weight do you normally put on in a bulk?

You bulk until you get to either
a) body-fat % that is unacceptable to you
b) a target weight
c) a target strength

Where did the the Press™ meme originate?

Is there a recipe app that can calculate the nutritional information using the ingredients I have at home?

Myfitnesspal

Starting Strength, you should read it

Wide-grip pullups

I have the opposite problem here. How do I get back thickness? Post your back routine

Priority for short term is to drop the fat. Goal for long term is to get a cute butt, abs, arms and pecs. I'm planning to drop about 20lbs through pretty extreme diet at least (I'm 6ft, currently 195lb), at what body fat % do you recommend I change to maintenance calories for lifting results?

Does anyone have this with good quality?

Nevermind
Seems like the quality only sucks on my phone

Extreme dieting is only going to make your bulking that much harder due to all the lean mass you're gonna loss. And if you're looking for aesthetics than it depends on what BF% you ultimately want to maintain or bottom out at. That usually changes based on your lean mass.

Sorry for posting my routine all the time, but I really want to perfect it as much as I can

What would happen if I took compounds and instead of 3x6 did 5x5? Goal is strenght. Day C is for explosiveness, I'm mostly wondering about A B and D. Thanks!

Is that based out of Candito's template? 5x5 is generally meant as a linear progression to take advantage of noob gains, drill form, and compensate for way lower weights compared to full max. But I'm assuming you're 5+ months in so at this point it's more about the overall programming, not necessarily the rep ranges.

>bought nephew a couple of lego sets
>spent this morning on the floor with him building them and playing about
>back is kill

HELP

Stretch bruh

I'm 2,5 months in, does that change anything? And yeah, it's CLP.

You should probably trust Burrito's advice more than mine or anyone else on fit DESU. I doubt there's anything significantly special about your case to justify adjusting the program at 4 months of experience.

What are your current maxs?

40kg OHP
60kg BP
100kg squat/diddly

guess I'll keep the 3x6 system then

Yeah you'll be fine. You're at the point where shit like SS and SL would start moving to lower set ranges anyway.

okay, cheers!

ye basically what Fatlet said, i'm on 1 month

Sq:60
Bench: 50
Row: 60
OHP: 40
Dead: 90

and I switched up to 3x5 last workout, if you take a long time to rest then it's ok to do less sets imo, otherwise you're just spending too long in the gym

sq: 65 sorry

Don't get me wrong, at some point if you're eating enough and programming well enough you can start upping the volume via sets and rests again, but it's more toward the advanced end of the spectrum when programming becomes much more specific to personal genetics and goals.

Weighted chins

heavy dips and inclines will fix that

Can you gimme a link to bodyweight programs/exercies to train a girl?

I agree but you are also not trying to progress every workout at that point, so it is another way to increase intensity/volume without increasing the weight

If she is a normal weight girl (i.e bmi of less than 20 ) and not a hambeast then you will struggle to do a body weight program for girls especially if you don't have bands, since msot won't be able to do dips, chins, pull ups, even push ups for some.

I have been getting sharp pains in my right wrist (a wrist that i broke when i was younger) after doing my heavy deadlift and ohp days. Is this normal or should i go to the doctor?

Bone heals within 6 weeks, and if you had issues with that wrist they would present earlier.
It's most likely your OHP/Squat or bench are applying pressure to wrist.
Clean up form in all three and consider wrist bands.

Can i do canditos lp strength/hypertrophy routine if im not expect/probably not going to get linear progression

I cant remember the name of the bone, but its one that doesnt receive alot of blood, and the doctor said I could have problems with the wrist in later life.

I've been using that athlete tape while working out and reduced it a little.

Most basic routines aren't sex specific. If anything just consider what the accessories would be, since guys usually add a ton of upper and back stuff, and women usually add a bunch of extra lower work.

Yes. He talks about that in the write up I think, you just start running a 5/3/1 style long term progression.

If you're using athlete tape and it's reducing it then that would imply you're flexing them.
So I would buy wrist wraps if I were you they're cheap, last for long time, and they make sure your wrists are in a cast-like state, making it more efficient to transfer force and less likely for shit like this to happen.

thx man

Are there any legit places to buy adderall online?

Not really fitness related, but one of my testicles will occasionally ''ascend'' to just above my crotch if I sit or lay on it in certain positions and I have to push on it to make it fall back into place, would say it happens about once per fortnight, though there isnt any pain. Should I talk to a doctor about this?

Can I bulk on all the chocolate I got for Christmas?

ye one of my workmates had their ball completely ascend into their body and now he cant get it out

I did 531 bbb for half a year and the volume became too much for me so I gave up, also got kinda bored of doing the same shit over and over as well. Wasn't too much of a fan of how 531 worked either because you literally put everything into one set and if u don't do too well in that peak set you gotta wait and try again another time or some shit.

Doing a 4-day routine (upper/lower). Can I add in a 5th day where I work on my weaknesses (abs and legs)?

I have the time and I really just want to train more

You can mention it but it's pretty normal for your nuts to journey, next time it happens see if it adjusts later in the day or something.
Wendler talks about using Jokers and not being completely strict on the week by week standard. You can repeat your 1 set week if you feel like something happened, or reset all your lifts except one and what not. Wendler's philosophy is that 5/3/1 is more for overall health and very long term progression via both volume work and new maxes.

If you're strong or experienced enough, sometimes you have to make a judgement call on your own ability and temperament.

so ugh im thinking of bulking in winter and cutting in spring/summer. conflicting thing is I got uni and can only go 2/3 times a week to the gym while on summer i could hypothetically go more since im off.
Should I go more to the gym when im cutting just cause I can? would it make a difference or can I not gain any muscle while cutting at all?

You can't dedicate an hour between classes or something? You probably do need more "gym" time on a cut just from daily cardio and shit.
And your goal on a cut is to minimize lean muscle loss, with the best case scenario (re: boarderline impossible) being 0 lean muscle loss and 100% body fat loss. If you're 6+ months into lifting and you've bulked for 3+, you're probably not gonna get any lean mass while cutting.

your tellimg me as a university "never do anything, only go to classes 10% the time" student that you dont have time to go to the gym for an hour?

gtfo you piece of shit, there's a few routines in the STICKY that are 3 days a week

i’m up from 135 to 165 lbs but still DYEL. my body fat is high enough that i want to cut but i don’t want to cut while DYEL. What do?

kys fags im older than both of you here i dont need advice
thats not what im saying
im saying can u put on muscle as intermediate lifter on a cut? is there a difference between going 2-3 or 4-5 times a week on a cut? not cardio just exercise

>missed gym today

Am i going to lose my gains with two day's rest?!

yes, every single one of them

bamp

>missed gym
That was your rest day.

No matter how many crunches/sit-ups I do, I can never feel any burn in my abdomen. Am I doing them wrong?

Yes, situps work hip flexors more, do Russian twists, and I like the seated upright ab machine, takes your legs out of the equation

What's the most comfy fitting jock itch preventing underwear.

I think I finally got jock itch. Shit sucks. And I either got it from running 6 miles earlier in the week. Or because my underwear is too tight fitting.

Apparently squats have made my ass bigger and now the briefs crush my junk all day.

How to prevent?

I'm feeling pretty lost on diet. I'm 5'11" and 165 lbs. I'm trying to get 150+ish grams of protein in and eat around 2300 calories a day? Mainly eating turkey, chicken, rice, brocolli, cottage cheese, peanut butter, milk and whey. Had to give up eggs because they started hurting my stomach. I'm still in the noon gainz stage of SS. should I be eating more, less? Do I need to find my body fat percentage? I'm not sure if it's bloating or what but lately my pants have been fitting less and I'm worried I'm just getting fat. I work a desk job and don't do much other than lift.

I know 100 lbs is really low but I'm just starting out. Right now I'm only benching because I don't have a power rack. If I can only lift the bar three times to completion with good form, is it better to do 100 lbs or should I go down a bit?

Why does squatting hurt my back so much? I do ATG and I'm following Rippletits' advice where the back does the 45 degree angle thing. Should I be keeping my back straight?

>kys fags im older than both of you here i dont need advice
>going to university at 25
perhaps you're the one who should kys

No i already had a rest day! The gym closes before i can get there.

>I do ATG
>I'm following Rippletits' advice where the back does the 45 degree angle thing

ONE OR THE OTHER FUCKWIT

if you're doing High bar ATG you have to keep your back as upright as possible

if you're doing low bar follow rip tits

if you dont know what you're doing go learn some shit, EVEN NORTH KOREA IS BETTER EDUCATED THAN YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=zm2jXwbkPoI&t=103s

youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0

there used to be a link to building your own gym in the sticky but i cant find it anymore

does someone have the original link or one that I could use?

this one had links to a bar/weights/bench/squat rack/gloves/everything. It was very thorough and now I can't find it.

Does technique really vary that much for a 8cm placement of the bar?

Is there any point in trying for 1rm PR's as a novice? When do you schedule them?

Also the korean dude is doing a low bar squat but his back is super straight?

that's high bar, it's on his traps still, dont go thinking high bar is placing the bar on your spine

it varies between how it's learnt, there's basically 2 squats atm,

rip/PL, bar is lower, bent over, only have to go parallele where stretch reflex ends

oly/highbar, you squat that shit as straight as possible, reach full depth, your knee joint should be fully closed, it wil require shoes as you need your knees to track forward as far as possible,

Oly is the best looking by far but PL will get you moving the most weight, you should watch Rip's videos about the squat and read SS, I have a book by Greg Everett that teaches Oly stuff which is excellent but he explains how to do it properly

you will usually see people with strange Squat/DL ratios and 50% of the time it's because of difference in squat and 50% is because they have shit form and just manage to move weight

the only question is which squat do YOU want to do?

I have a grill I want to impress in one week. I have lots of spare time in that week.

What can I do to gain muscle and lose a little bit of weight in one week?

was going to gym for 3 months after that i stop for 3 months because of personal reasons. meanwhile at home did nothing but pushups and pullups 3 set to failure twice a week.
went to the gym today and i could lift more that i did in evrey single exercise

body whight training > gym?

You will at least know where you started at many years from now.

When you're new, yes. Good for you for sticking with it.

what are your stats?

>Doing reps until fail on machines
>Don't feel any real muscle fatigue, but I can't complete another full rep
>I could do 5 or so half reps to get my muscles burning

Do I do these messy fraction reps at the end? Or do I not?

Lift lots of heavy things and starve yourself

Maybe in final set if you want and you don't run the risk of injuring yourself. Don't use wack form.