Redpill me on deadlift straps Veeky Forums

redpill me on deadlift straps Veeky Forums

They're good if you're grip is too weak to hold on to the bar, in which case you should do exercises to increase your grip strength, or if your hands are injured so you can still do pulling, like if you've torn a callous or something.

Or if you're doing a shit-ton of pulling volume and need to spare your hands. Or if you're gonna be doing more specific grip work later and would rather save strength for that. Or if you're doing certain movements where your grip is just never going to be strong enough to match everything else.

i go double overhand for everything sub 315, once i go over 3 plate I use them. i see people all the time using mixed grip for 1 plate and it's retarded.

good because I don't trust over-under (muscle asymmetries and risk of biceps tear). i just do double overhand grip til it's too heavy then put straps on. not sure why people who don't compete would do otherwise, but i'm not a deadlifting expert or anything

Straps doesn't train your grip at all.

Either do mixed or BETTER learn hookgrip. Hookgrip is amazing.

Or you could do what the people with the strongest grips in strength sports do - strap up for pulling when necessary (both mixed and hook have their own limitations and downsides) and do actual fucking grip work.

i don't really think i need to train my grip in excess of using strict double overhand when straps are unnecessary and then doing the rest of a normal routine (pullups, hammer curls, etc.). and if i did, why would i prefer not to just spend 5 minutes doing static holds every so often rather than take unnecessary risks?

Hookgrip has no limitations. Search cailer woolam video explaining why hookgrip is the best.

Will i look like a DYEL if i use these with sub-3 pl8?

They're useful.

I use them on heavy deadlifts since I fucking hate mixed grip.
They can be used for heavy back work, so you can get a better focus on your back and actually get some extra reps.

I find 8 straps to be better than the ones you posted.

All the people shitting on straps because "muh forearm development" are admitting that they are willing to let their grip strenght progression (which is generally rather slow) be the limiting factor to their back development. Which is fucking stupid.

If you want some massive forearms, do some manual work. If you want to lift heavy, use straps when you need them.

Yeah I totally agree with that. Using mixed grip for anything under three players is dumb af and you're just cheating yourself.

Straps good for heavier bent over rows
Straps good for bb shrugs
Straps good for bodybuilders
Straps good for strongman
Straps good for those shitty chinese bars that are slick as fuck and like 34 mm diameter
Straps good for keeping grip on your ankles while your bf ass fucks you silly

you'll look like a faggot. you shouldn't even own straps if you're that weak. force double overhand and get that faggot-tier grip strength up.

why do you have so many opinions about things that don't actually matter

Good for when you're doing back work and don't want to be limited by your grip

Dude I did it. Who gives a fuck. Increse your deadlier while training grip on the side. It still works grip with straps just to a lesser extent

>being this retarded
bro just use them when you can deadlift more than you can hold

Yeah once again retard, hookgrip doesnt train forearms

Dont use them if you want to compete. Otherwise might as well use them.

just use mixed grip

just use HOOK grip you mean, mixed gives you imbalances, and more risk on your body

Holy shit redpill me