Chad Majors

I seriously hope you don't lift weights without attempting to lift your life.

OFFICIAL CHAD MAJOR POWER RANKINGS

1) Finance
2) Economics
3) Pre-Law
4) Pre-Med
5) Human Resource (to fuck all the sorority thots)
POWER GAP
9000) Computer Science
9001) Any form of Engineering
9002) Math

Chad does not have any care in the world for the rankings of virgins like yourself. Chad will pick whatever damn major he pleases, because he is Chad and does whatever he wants.

i'd rather be in CS than finance if i were chad desu...

CS:
>can be a retard and do the minimum and still end up with a job making 70k at the end
>leaves plenty of time to lift and hang out with girls if you choose an easyish plan of study
>summer internships leave you paid for the entire school year

finance:
>have to REALLY be on top of shit to actually get a good job if you're not at a target school

thats not how this shit works. you become chad by doing what life wants you to do, not by doing what you want to do. thats why we consider jacked successful guys who are popular with women to be "chads" rather than chris-chan.

philosophy, because chad doesnt need any justicfication why hes qualified for a job and chooses possibly the easiest major so he can spend more time partying in his frat

>pre-law

YEAH A LARGE CURLY FRIES AND A WHOPPER JR WITH NO ONIONS PLEASE

>Engineering not 1

Buddy, this ain't the right board for you.

>tfw economics and math double major

Protip: the kids who get bulge bracket ibanking internships don't major in finance. They study whatever the fuck they want, like PPE or Math, and then put in a fuckton of hours to get an analyst position at the end of their internship.

t. Stanford student who worked at JPMC

planning to do an econ ph.d ?

Pre-law is an awful major for getting into law school, and I'm talking about a good law school, like Ivy League tier. They hate getting people who think they know law just because they studied it for a BA. Anyone who takes pre-law or political science for getting into a good law school is seriously deluded and hasn't done their research.

pajeet pls leave

Is it true that History or Philosophy are the best majors if you wanna do Law?

Here's your list 5 years after graduation

Office drone
Unemployed
Ambulance chaser
Good chance they never made it to medical school
Office drone

Meanwhile STEM majors are moving up ladders getting raises and more responsibility on projects they are hired for.

>implying Chad needs to do what society tells him
>implying Chad doesn't do whatever he wants, and it ends up as planned in the end
>implying Chad has to become a mindless drone of society to be Chad

Good luck getting a job with your "chad" major.

Now bag my groceries, grocery boy

Music.

>Economics
>Hard, let alone Chad tier

lmao'ing at your life

Purely by ROI, STEM became TEM then TE then T and now you can’t even justify that since you can DIY it all in a year.

everyone on fit is a chad and everyone on fit is a computer programming or engineer or doctor

or as usually geniuses like this guy
who go to ivy leagues making millions in banking

checkmate

1.english
2.history / philosophy (phil does best on lsat)
3.anything
9999. Poly sci / pre law

source: emory law class of 2016

yes, i tihnk that makes me a non chad

I have the biggest dick ITT

Does it really matter?

i hope youre not reading ejmr and preemptively developing an inferiority complex :p

Actually, I left banking after I realized that I was putting in 70 hour weeks for comparatively shit pay. This was in 2012, just after Goldman slashed their analyst pay from high 100s post-bonus to about 110k and all other banks followed suit, and 110k is fucking peanuts for the work you're putting in, considering the ancillary expenses of living that life (suits, alcohol, living in Manhattan, buying MDs dinner, shit like that).

Frankly, if all the LARPers on Veeky Forums who brag about being in high finance actually did it, you'd hear a lot more stories of how shit it really is.

you are wrong. my father and uncle are the head of their respective banks and they both majored in finance and economics

probably retail banking lmao

philosophy, undoubtedly, but history also helps to understand the importance of fact patterns

Computer Engineering Chad here. Can honestly say I'm the only one in my entire major (about 24). Have good relationships with my classmates, but they are autistic as fuck; I find this to be heavily intertwined with CS and CE .

I'd argue Economics is the most Chad major

>hard

who gives a fuck, lmao? Only insecure STEM fags care about how hard a major is.

Read about the replication crisis and try to find more info about the academic job market. The median time to degree back in the late 2000s stood at 6 years and increasing. Wouldn't be surprised if it were 7 by now.

Keep going on with your double major, user, regardless of what you do it is going to be useful. Especially if you want a more quant-ish job rather than a BS-ish one.

>t. non-American masters in econ (basically did the PhD core) who then worked in the real world and is currently doing a masters in stats partly because of this.

kek

If you're at a school that offers 'finance', 'pre-law' or 'human resource' as majors then you know you go to a shit school and have no future.

One and only exception is if you're at Wharton undergrad doing finance. No other respectable school teaches such a vocational subject.

Real chads double major in econ and CS at Harvard.

Chad is perhaps in a private or public (aka community college) trade school with a full ride on both of them, but the type of Chad picks as he desires.

Oh and I remembered Exercise science major exists, Veeky Forums. Literally your major but you gotta be a good sportsman.

>Be Chad
>Enroll in a top Exercise program while making all those scores with a sportsman full ride
>Even with training, get a good 3.5+ GPA
>Keep on playing in NFL or w/e you want until you're like 40
>After 40, enroll in a PhD program in Exercise Science with a full brilliant idea due to experience
>Get PhD, EASY AS FUARK and done in 1 year
>Go to any big uni with sports and have a million dollar salary, a.k.a. your good ol' fun retirement making kids train hard and doing what you love to do in the end
>???
>Profit!

Know the feeling, dual major, comp sci and finance. I just end up getting along with finance majors or gf's nursing major friends better.

probably unique for Veeky Forums but im environmental science and gis mapping. i overwhelmingly prefer studying something im actually interested in than trying to make it with econ or math.

>environmental science
Oh man.
You better think of doing a master's in another thing that is not this.

> not combining STEM + Commerce
LMAOing @ ur lives
Finance/Economics dual major + Civil Eng masters here

> offered 90k straight out of uni at an investment bank
turned it down because I actually want to help contribute to the world and build something, instead of suck the life out of it as an analyst somewhere

why would an attractive guy give a shit about what other people think about his major? he's attractive, he won't have any trouble finding work and being promoted. Sorry

Does being Veeky Forums help in getting a job and in career progression?

im still in the process of figuring out goal degree but it’s my thinking that gis mapping is similar enough to comp sci in my field that it will be seen as a valuable skill that puts me ahead of my classmates. legit in my classes im one of maybe 10 env sci, compared to the 70ish people doing env studies who want to work for nonprofits somehow.

Hopefully you take more GIS classes, I do not think the environmental jobs will last that long.
Yet you also could do a MS in any STEM subject.

Just saying since I did some research on environmental majors and masters and the MS in stuff like Environmental Systems has a pretty low salary for a MS.

>studied economics
>doesn’t know what salary is for

Know how I know you have a shitty education.

>tfw can't make it in finance without good interpersonal skills or doing a masters at a top uni
>tfw only 1 semester left in my bcom and am starting to wonder if I'll ever make it after uni because I don't network and instead focus on exams

user, you could've took the job and become a city designer or some shit in the weekends.

GIS is definitely an employable skillset. It will be probably tough to break into decent work though. Consider targeting consultancy companies for employment as it is likely to be where the most work is available.

i honestly don’t know if half the people on this board are larping when they claim they’re deep in a stem field, but i just want to admit that im honestly not prestigious enough to pursue one. i absolutely struggle in math and chemistry and everything goes way too fast. how bad is really bad when it comes to yearly salary when it comes to Veeky Forums standards though? also what’s the pay looking like from your research?

In my opinion there is not too much point in selecting a major based upon the mean salary of graduates. You will be in the workforce for a long time, other factors are going to play a bigger role in your career earnings than the salary you started out on.

There will always be environmental jobs, however some jobs within that field are pretty vulnerable to changes in government policy and funding. GIS is not a specifically environmental skillset and it has applications across multiple industries.

> 1) Finance
bean counters dont get women wet, not to mention every finance major I've ever met is a vapid douchebag.

> 2) Economics
good luck getting a job unless you graduated magna cum laude

> 3) Pre-Law
statistically some of the least competent students

> 4) Pre-Med
see above

> 5) Human Resource (to fuck all the sorority thots)
yeah bro all women grow up dreaming about being with the HR guy

t. state school brainlet

I'm in horticulture. I love farming and can work anywhere in the world. Might try to manage a vineyard after graduation, but I'd work in a greenhouse or a tree farm... dunno, I'm just going to travel the world. I hate office jobs, being /out/ is much more fun (and chad).

oh wait flowers are gay whoops

and the hottest women are in my program just saying

i like you, user.
same way here, being /out/ is my preferred lifestyle.
you keep on doing you.

This is quite possibly the most pathetic thread I’ve ever seen. ‘Chad’ is just an abstract concept that you autists are sperging over. No one here is anywhere close to a Chad, probably never will be

Why is an abstract concept off limits to discuss? If it motivates people to achieve a status they've defined, that's my idea of a good way to better yourself. Maybe you're just an Oswald.

being surrounded by nature is a great way to live if you ask me

I want anime about this university.

>but i just want to admit that im honestly not prestigious enough to pursue one
Depending on the MS, you can actually do one but you gotta git gud on important core subjects that are the ones you're struggling or do more research about what you love to do. Since there is a reason why people always say that you should pursue on what you love with all your life (adding: and may give you a job).
On my MS you have one part as homework, but as the user below you said, some fields are vulnerable and can die in any moment.

I do not want to estimate on the environmental industry, but the jobs salary will get lower, starting salaries will become ~45-60 instead of 77+.
Since there is an increasing amount of jobs in this industry, similar to the programming ones where the more programming jobs are, the lower the salary will be.
Of course, you can always get more skills and don't have a shit job.
True, but you shouldn't just get the first shitty job you're offered. You must know what kind of skills you got that can make you more worth than the shitty starting salary you're being offered or is typically offered as the average starting salary.
For example, the people that are having a shitty salary after majoring CS are the people who only know one programming language (Java) and nothing more and getting paid minimum wage.
But those who majored the same major and in the same school and learned other programming languages that were not taught in school like statistical programming languages, have way higher starting salaries due to the skills learned and proving it with a certificate.

You're correct on the GIS, but the other user should learn other programming languages just in case.

Invest in onions.

GIS is pretty dope user. I am a recent geophysics graduate and did a really awesome report on landslide susceptibility in the riverside county for California. Applied for 3 jobs so far and hoping to hear from them, I dont want to go back to construction :(

Fuck off with the semantic noise, nerd.

t. Raj

>worked at Chase
I think you mean semitic nose

I major in finance and workout after lectures with My finance bros. We are some of the most aesthetic people there.
Chad life is pretty good, is just fun when i fuck a girl and she realizes im autistic af.

is it lame for a girl to do engineering too?

t h i s

What if I'm doing a finance/math double degree? (I actually am)

This.

srs, starting your own business is like 100 times better and easy to figure out you just need some money for a start and take a loan for the rest loan.

Statistician masterrace checking in.

wdymbt
theres more to life than money

would prefer to take a pay cut and do something I enjoy doing desu
money is still great as a civil engineer where i live anyways

internships?

Pic related Chad is in CS.

CS or Math is Chads proffesion, at the same time he is hot, buff and smart.

I'm going the computer engineering undergrad + finance masters route myself

Lol. Not true, the biggest chads at my school major in BULLSHIT because they’re stupid. I am a cs/pure math double major and everyone in BOTH dpmts are betas. Save for one Ukrainian guy in cs, he’s ripped.

I'm a doctor, but I don't consider myself a Chad, not virgin either.

>chad power rankings
>#1 things I like/do
>#999 things I don’t like/do
lel Veeky Forums is the definitely the saddest board on this site, everyone tries so hard to impress strangers on the internet. apparently all the world’s 6’4 10 inch dick Chads a come to 4chans health and fitness board

Sheesh, w-w-what about Psychology or Criminology?

If you were a hiring manager choosing between two candidates with mostly equal qualifications, would you choose the fit guy or the skinny numale/overweight slob?

There are basically no downsides to being physically fit. It disciplines you mentally, makes your body more useful and efficient, and outwardly demonstrates that you are at LEAST disciplined enough to regularly do something hard to take care of yourself. Even if you are ugly, poor, and stupid, it's better to be those things +FIT than to be those things +WEAK.

>There are basically no downsides to being physically fit.

>Veeky Forums
>people think youve trained your feels like you did your body
>people think youre some meathead
>cant be autismo or people think youre straight up retarded

there are downsides if youre an autist but its better than being fat

I should've noted that being fit will not make up for your other character flaws.

If you're autismo before being fit, you're going to be autismo after being fit. I'd still rather be a fit autismo than a weak ass pale autismo.

>people think you're some meathead
These people are the kinds of people who don't matter anyway. If you're fit and that's the only thing you focus on and you're still an idiot, that's your own fault. But if I was an idiot, I'd rather be a fit idiot than a pale weak idiot.

Depends if the guy doing the hiring is fat or thin. Fat guys are just as catty and insecure as fat women, they just hide it better with fake laughs.

So don't work for a fat ass, problem solved.

I know I won't do it, I don't give a fuck. Major in something good enough that YOU choose where you work.

Another virgins opinion

Chad studies marketing then drops out after no more than 3 semesters to work at some "start up" which enables him to get picked up by a real company at which point he becomes a millionaire at 21

>he thinks that stem fags dont work office jobs
You aren't going to be tony stark, bucko.

Economics, at least in the UC system, is pretty much the male equivalent of psych: it's the easy (but not microcephalic-Wojak easy like communications) major you do when you don't know what you want to do.

ayy
t. first-year econ phd (and undergraduate econ major)

>pre-med
>pre-law
pre-anything means nothing faggot, how about you actually get into the field of study first

>Chem major + premed
>Realize I hate it

Is there any chance for me to get into corporate world with a STEM degree? I know some CS too

>pre-med
Top lol. 80% don't even go to med school and end up dropping or working a minimum wage bitch job.

NOT
AN
ARGUMENT

Good goy

Engineering is filled with skinny beta white guys, Pajeets/Muhammads, and also Changs.

Which will impress people more, math or physics ?