I've been taking a multi...

I've been taking a multi, D and fish oil but the multi is almost $200/yr and I don't feel like it's really doing anything.

What supplements do you guys take?
What supplements do you think are bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/orangetriad.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B00GT42EAA
amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5SQ0OB
amazon.com/gp/product/B016XGDVVO
lewrockwell.com/2017/07/bill-sardi/making-genetic-flaw/)
amazon.com/gp/product/B00AYIM9Y8
amazon.com/gp/product/B000F4VCUI
alligga.com/conversion-of-ala-into-epa-and-dha/
amazon.com/gp/product/B004CCP7SW
amazon.com/gp/product/B00E7GESKG
amazon.com/gp/product/B012T97SDQ/
amazon.com/gp/product/B00TUDDCJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Creatine
Vit D in Autumn/winter
Fish oil 2x (550mg EPA &DHA) daily

Country?
What multi is it?

US, orange triad

multivits are mostly bs desu, a lot of minerals have counterparts that need to be consumed to be digested optimally and then some metals and minerals block each other from being absorbed and then the rest you just piss out

Preworkout is another bs supplement all you need is some caffeine 30min-1 hour before you start and you'll be ready to go

I buy an organic whole food multivitamin, a fermented cod liver oil, vitamin D, biotin, CoQ10, spirulina, and then a green foods dehydrated pill that you take a bunch of with water.

the fuck is spirulina for

I take:
Creatine
Ginseng
Ginkgo biloba
Fish oil
Vitamin D

Will start taking B12 when I go vegan

for fun and slight health benefits

I take a bunch of things for fun, I like spending my money on organic supplements. Ginseng and Ginkgo are nice, Bilberry and Turmeric, Saw Palmetto for muh dik, St Johns Wort for my life is suffering feels, oil of oregano and apple cider vinegar as needed

Dunno I feel great taking what I take, just a bit of money.

Just fish oil.

Most of that stuff is junk or placebo. My dad used to swear by Ginsing, but double-blind clinical studies show pretty clearly it doesn't work.

In fact, I haven't seen convincing evidence that really any of them work. Even if they did, there's no guarantee you aren't getting a sugar pill.

Protein
Creatine
Glutamine
BCAA
EAA
Carbs
D3
Zinc

The D3 and zinc has helped my boners,

ah yes the old "it works bro, it makes me feel better" advice

desu unless something is clinically proven to work it's probably just a fad

Is Zinc useful?

There's so much broscience out there, it's no wonder we get so many people coming in here totally confused about stuff.

it's not broscience

it's advertising by pharmaceutical companies

whey protein powder after workouts, multivitamin with coenzyme q10 and omega-3 fish oil

I don't buy the cheapest version, and you're right with ginseng (and ginkgo and some others), but I take it just because I can afford to and it's not hurting me. I buy organic, so it's not gonna be some disgusting garbage doing more harm than goo.

>Whey (mainly for the BCAA)
>Zinc
>Creatine
>B-vitamin complex
>D3
>Beta-Carotene

What else should I add
>inb4 Test-E

Why the FUCK would you take beta carotene? Its so easy to get

Nigga you might as well just swallow money

Maca is good for a caffeine replacement for me. Supposed to help benis :DD too but im not too worried about that

Only if you want mighty big cums. I take zinc, l-argenine and lecithin and I shoot like I stepped on a bag of Elmer glue

>and I shoot like I stepped on a bag of Elmer glue

heeheehee

As a friend of mine who is studyhing body chemistry and health told me "Multivitamins are the most expensive pee you will ever have"

please no

Magnesium

>Not going to do any harm

Being labeled organic isn't any indication of how harmful a product could be. Many poisons are organic, many organic compounds are harmful in higher than natural concentrations. I still think what you're taking is generally harmless, but your reasoning is historically harmful to the truth.

Why?

I live in a country with strict laws about what is and isn't organic. If you want to get further pedantic, then you're only going to be trying to get me to say that whatever compounds you're describing ought to be banned for not being organic. The burden of health is on the board certifying these, not me.

Whey
Fish oil
ZMA
Caffeine
Vit D
Creatine

Look up ZMA

>the multi is almost $200/yr
>US, orange triad

The fuck you on about nigger? It costs $29 and lasts 270 days!!

bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/orangetriad.html

I don't think that answers my question

so my kidneys will filter out the excess and my body will assimilate what it needs? good, seems like that's how the body should work.

note: talking about whole food vitamins here not mineral supplements

I take fish oil or algae oil, whatever I have on hand, because I don't eat a lot of fish. I get about a gram of EPA+DHA from that. Creatine, 3 g/day. Protein when I lift. D3 a few times a week from September through May, but I've been thinking about going tanning once a week instead. (Have to find an OK place that has high-UVB booths.) Magnesium citrate, usually about 200 mg/day. Zinc a couple of times a week.

Vitamin C, up to 5 grams a day on non-training days, less when I lift. More on days when I drink alcohol.

I avoided C for years due to concerns about it reducing the effects of exercise, but now I just make sure to take it at least a few hours before or after the session. Four or five grams is roughly the human equivalent dose of what male guinea pigs received in a study about ethanol consumption and vitamin C. Vitamin C helped reduce the effects of alcohol on testosterone levels and it even increased the testosterone of the healthy guinea pigs by about 25%. (Guinea pigs are like people in that they don't produce their own vitamin C. The animals in the study consumed a normal diet, i.e., one with enough vitamin C to prevent scurvy, similar to a typical human diet.) Whether it has this effect on men, who knows, probably not, but I look forward to finding out in myself. If the results are positive, perhaps the C-men will be the next cult around here.

Vitamin D
Vitamin K2
NAC
Vitamin C
ALCAR
Creatine
Magnesium glycinate
Zinc l-monomethionine
Citrulline malate
Yohimbine
Niacin
Melatonin
mk677
Sometimes piracetam with alpha-gpc and cod liver oil

>tfw it’s all placebo

look at the serving size lad

I take zinc but its for my bacne and its doing ok so far.

whats CoQ10 and spirulina for?

i dont take any. just eating properly is enough.

Multivitamins are dosed extremely high, usually at over 400% the RDAs, some as high as 5000%. So even if your body can't absorb it well, it'll usually absorb some of it and that'll cover your basic daily vitamin requirements. Also there are supplements you can take to improve the absorption. Organic multivitamins with fermented compounds are more expensive but way easier to absorb than the more popular, synthetic ones.

only reason I take a multi is more vitamin D, C, and Zink. I don't really eat a lot of natural Zink sources, so.

Zinc is definitely not a placebo. 30 mg a day made a huge difference in my sex drive, erection quality and cum load. Also my skin seemed to improve.

Post your days eating schedule.

I eat ass, all day every day

Performance multivitamin (alternate between opti-men, orange triad and animal pak whichever is on sale)

Fish oil (usually take the cheapest one but make sure to check for reviews/ratings/labdoor rankings, the goal is at least 1500 mg DHA / 3000 mg EPA daily)

Beta alanine (3g 2x daily)

TMG/Betaine (3g daily)

BCAA (5g before training 5g after training)

L Citrulline malate (3g before 3g after training)

Caffeine anhydrous pills (100-300 mg before training depending on tiredness levels)

CoQ10/Ubiquinol (200-300 mg daily)

Taurine (1.5-3g daily)

Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM joints stack

It’s all mostly dismissible but to each their own right?

There are some studies out there (google ncbi studies on CoQ10) recording its influence on ATP production and heart health. It’s worth it IMO, although kinda expensive. You should take ubiquinol instead of the most commonly found source (ubiquinone) which has higher bioavailability. Aim for a minimum 300mg daily.

fish/ krill oil
Zinc
Magnesium
D3 (1000 UI)

Please don't tell me you really take 6 multivitamins a day!?!?

It is okay for a 20 year old to be taking suplements?

take 1 capsule per day

If your mommy says its okay

Don't take it jeez

Props user. Probably the most legit company with the most science to back it up out there.
Some of the best docs I know support this brand.
Pricy though.

>modafinil
>Activated b complex
>Magnesium bisglycanate
>Zinc
>Homemade lliposomal vitamin C 6 grams per day
>Brocolli sprouts
>Ashwaganda
>CoQ10
>Gelatin powder
>Fish oil
>Longvida turmeric
>Melatonin

Does this actually extend your life

depends on when i wake up and when im hungry but i have lived like this for years and im still alive and feel good so i must be getting everything that is important.

Pricy? I don't think so, compared to pic related which is even better or thorne, life extension is pretty cheap.

No

This is the most stupid statement I ever heard and I sincerely hope that you are just baiting.

Why does it say life extension then

Yes

It's the name of the brand.

Because it extends your life

Vit D / B12

For everything else I just eat a lot of fruit, vegetable, nuts and shit. Don't get jewed, man.

Oh, I bet you eat a lot of nuts

Isn't that false advertising

no

there is literally nothing wrong with taking multi vitamins so long as they are time released. if they arent then your body is just going to piss them out. this does not rule out eating vegetables

Maca for caffeine? I thought this was for limp dic and low test.

>My dad used to swear by Ginsing, but double-blind clinical studies show pretty clearly it doesn't work.
That shit makes me so dizzy. It entirely depends on the person, thats why its so hard to pin down any clear results.

whey isnt a supplement its food

Maca has a range of benefits, it’d pay to read up on it some more. It’s a woeful replacement for caffeine.

multivitamin when bulking (i don't eat that many veggies/fruits when bulking)
whey
L carnatine (during IF)
Arginine+citruline+beta alanine (15g total pre workout)
500mg/week test e + 300mg/week deca + 40mg/day anavar
0,5mg/week letrozole (almost zero estrogen bitches)

>counterparts
..Vitamin C, which is shown helpful in large amounts (eq. 15g / gal. water) anyway.

>preworkout
>caffeine
How about some protein..

(OP)
The local general/dollar/super/pharmacy store plausibly has generic chewables or something -- here they're $5.

See the following:

>What supplements..?
L-tryptophan (metabolizes into serotonin, melatonin, B3, etc.) -- esp. vs. or in addition to the Nicotinamide Riboside / NMN supplements for NAD
>amazon.com/gp/product/B00GT42EAA

Mucuna pruriens (has extracts ranging up to 99% L-DOPA)
>amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5SQ0OB
>amazon.com/gp/product/B016XGDVVO

Many grams of vitamin C (lewrockwell.com/2017/07/bill-sardi/making-genetic-flaw/)
>amazon.com/gp/product/B00AYIM9Y8

Cloves of garlic (onion family with potentially the same benefits [pic])
>the grocery

200g+ protein (often 120g whey, in 40g doses for activities, and 100g casein before bed).. It's been a primary sourcing for calories, as it's keto; but peanut butter has made its way into meals, mostly because of how tasty (but expensive) almond butter is.
>MyProtein unflavored* (often $50-ish - $60 per 11lb. for whey.. $5 shipping on whole orders)

Flaxseed oil, ~24oz./wk.. Has the potential of fulfilling a lot of calories for fats, but getting a decent-tasting version is somewhat elusive.
>amazon.com/gp/product/B000F4VCUI
>muh conversion rates
alligga.com/conversion-of-ala-into-epa-and-dha/

--

The following as found helpful for specific processes (testosterone production, etc.).

Vitamin K1, because >canned greens
>amazon.com/gp/product/B004CCP7SW

L-theanine (rarely-found amino acid, mostly from green tea)
>amazon.com/gp/product/B00E7GESKG

Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and B as well as an occasional multi for the other micronutrients.
amazon.com/gp/product/B012T97SDQ/

Whey
Caseine
Creatine
BCAAs
Glutamine
Zinc
Vitamin D
Omega 3
Multivitamin
Caffeine
Magnesium
Dextrose

Was taking Ashwagandha

amazon.com/gp/product/B00TUDDCJ4

Which kind of zinc do you guys take ?

Saying proudly, almost zero estrogen... you really haven’t done much research.

And you still look like shit, right?

Should I supplement boron? My organic multi doesn't have it.

One that has copper as well. It's a blue bottle. I can't remember the brand.

not bait. it works fine now and i dont really have any need to live much over 10 years so its only good if i die because i dont eat like some recommend.

you missed the almost right? while taking enanthate, its easy to aromatize and feel some gyno starting, by drasticaly decreasing your estrogen levels your gyno fades

Am I wasting my money on anything?
Creatine
Zinc
Fish oil
Magnesium
Vitamin D (I live in mn)
Vitamin c so I don't have to get it from sugary fruit.

Those are all essential must-take supplements. Throw in a good multi.

I've read on here that ZMA is stupid because reasons and that I should just take a separate Zinc and Magnesium supplements. Does this hold any water?

don't take a multi every day. as long as you are eating right you don't need to supp that. if you are eating poorly (no variety in diet, no veg) then maybe supp a multi once or twice a week). i take zinc citrate, magnesium citrate, d3, and fish oils. also take some creatine with my daily whey smoothie (one scoop, ice, milk, oj, and a cup of frozen strawberries & bananas)

Should I get Vitamin D supplements even if I live in an Atlantic island?

Optimen (just 1 out of the 3 pills though is enough)

Vit D 10000 IU

Onions

That's not the case with ZMA.

>don't take a multi every day. as long as you are eating right you don't need to supp

Not true. It's impossible to get all the recommended nutrients through a normal diet, even if you're actively trying to eat healthy. People don't have the time and money to drink kale shakes and fruit smoothies every single day.

Maybe because the son of the doctor gave you the bonsai root instead of ginseng?

tfw genetic nonresponder to modafinil

Mulit
Fish Oil
D3 (5,000 IU)
Ashwaghanda

Why are so many guys supplementing with Zinc specifically?

Zimbabwe

It's one of the things that helps produce testosterone. Vitamin d as well. I get hard all the time now and cum buckets.

>It's impossible to get all the recommended nutrients through a normal diet
Maybe if you eat fucking KFC for every meal. If you eat real food like vegetables you can get all your nutrients with ease

since you started supplementing zinc?