Why is low bar squat so vastly superior to high bar squat?

Why is low bar squat so vastly superior to high bar squat?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bcaz7TTDtjg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2018
>training legs
lel what a loser

Post legs

post legs first you high bar soyboy

For the simple reason that it's a more mechanically advantageous position to be in when performing a squat. Especially if you have longer femurs. It has great carryover to powerlifting and is used by a majority of the lifters. For weightlifting it isn't as good because leg drive rather than hip drive is what is required due to the upright torso needed to maintain balance.

>not as good for weightlifting
>weightlifting requires front-squat for recovery from clean
>front squat depends on having very strong glutes (to initiate ascent) and very strong hamstrings (to help maintain vertical back) but is a poor exercise for hamstring development due to mechanical disadvantages
>likewise high bar squat
>so why not do lowbar, which also mimics the recovery position for the bottom of the snatch more closely than high bar?
Really makes you think.

Hamstring strenth is developed by doing heavy pulls. Clean and snatch pulls are key lifts in weightlifting training.

> lowbar, which also mimics the recovery position for the bottom of the snatch more closely than high bar?

No.

No squat is a good hamstring developer. Your hamstrings stay the same length through the duration of the squat, no matter the bar position and act as a stabilizing muscle allowing the glutes and quads to do the work.

Regardless of bar position, your quads are maximally challenged at the bottom of the squat, your glutes do the rest of the work to get you up.

Your hamstrings are contracting isometrically throughout the descent to maintain back angle, and work actively to extend the hips at the bottom while your quads work to extend the knees.

>Especially if you have longer femurs
long femurs here, lowbar feels much worse

i can lift more with it of course, it just feels like fucking shit because it exaggerates long femur forward lean even more

You nonce, your hamstrings are antagonistic to your quads, if your hamstrings are working to extend the hip they're also working to contract the knee, which means they're actively fighting the work your quads are doing to extend the knee.

Your hamstrings keep tight to keep you stable, your quads extend the knee and your glutes extend the hip when you squat.

instagram.com/p/Bcaz7TTDtjg/

Video is simple and misses a few things but it explains basically what happens.

I have average femurs and a long torso. I'm way better with high bar and feel extremly strong with that stance. I'm also a decent frontsquatter. My max backsquat is 140 and max frontsquat is 120. Then I again, I actually train back squat quite rare because I do front squats all the time.

I find it has good carryover to the pull, more so than highbar.

Leverages.

>front squat required for recovery for clean
>lowbar squat most closely mimics the front squat recovery position for the snatch

no you dolt the front squat position most closely resembles the front squat recovery position required for the snatch

>high bar squat for a year
>get up to 265 lb atg max in about 6 months
>can't squat more without hips flying up and doing a goodmorning squat
>stuck forever, try all sorts of remedies and form modifications
>never able to keep torso vertical
>learn about how lowbar squat doesn't fuck with a vertical torso, uses HIP DRAAHVE
>smash PR after lowbar squatting for 2 weeks

I'm gonna make it brahs

It's not

If you had worked on your quads, you would've avoided this problem in the first place.

>squatting
LMAO, no thanks I don’t wanna be in a wheelchair at 40

Lowbar is better for long femurs because long femurs necessitates a lot of forward lean, regardless of bar position. Low bar will move the bar closer to your hips, which will reduce the moment arm on your lower back from all that forward leaning you're doing. In other words, it makes the squat easier on your back.

Didn't think so

>i lift more weight using leverages instead of muscle
>im gonna make it

Ever notice how many powerlifters with 600+ squats have average tier legs?

Find me one person who squats 600+ and has average tier legs

Because it utilizes more of your posterior chain, both making you stronger and also building a thicc boipucci