Why is equipped powerlifting literally the worst thing ever?

Why is equipped powerlifting literally the worst thing ever?
youtu.be/hSEaAMpyrSI

can't believe people take bench shirts seriously

they actually move the weight for you

I even think wraps are fine but bench shirts are a whole 'nother level

this comment on the video sums up my thoughts exactly

Nothing wrong with wrist straps/wraps. Elbow and knee wraps are definitely cheating. Belt is a stretch.

belt is not a stretch because belts don't store kinetic energy. Belt+wrist wraps+knee sleeves (not wraps) is fine for competition

>belts don't store kinetic energy
First of all you can’t store kinetic energy, brainlet
And second they do store elastic energy when you wear them tight thus assisting in bracing your core muscles. It’s true that belts are not a big of a joke as bench shirts

>First of all you can’t store kinetic energy, brainlet
Im pretty sure you dont know wtf youre talking about

Everyone thinks equipped lifting is gay until he actually gets strong. There's no reason to let your anatomical weakest links limit you. Pretty much everyone's back will deform on a squat before his legs run out of pushing power. So throw a belt on it. Chesticles aren't very strong and will eventually stop your bench max from increasing when your delts and triceps could handle more weight. So use a shirt.

Hey, I'm not a powerlifter, I wrestle and will only ever lift raw. But I totally get why competitive lifters go equipped once they're at or near the top of the curve.

You can store kinetic energy, it's just that once you store it it's no longer kinetic, it becomes potential, whether that's elastic or some other form

>First of all you cant store kinetic energy
>calls someone else a brainlet
wew

You can store it in a flywheel

Not him but you can, it's called potential energy. Seems very simple but you're arguing semantics so know that he is basically right

This sounds anime as fuck.

you brainpower will surpass any muscle, so why not cut your brain out, put in a robot and lift gazillion tons instead ? don't let your brain limit you senpai

Finally someone with sense. Do the rest of you faggots not enjoy the feeling of moving weight that you know will fuck you up if you make a mistake. Keep benching lmao2pl8 for reps for aesthetics or whatever bullshit reason you come up with instead of realising how strong you can possibly be

I used to think this too. I've even competed single ply, but got red-pilled by guys like Kevin Jäger getting 200 kgs from their shirts. Upper ROM strength helps, but its mostly about leverages and amount/distribution of bodyfat.

thats why you have to be good and strong to not fcuk up, if you can't lift a certain weight or you fuck yourself up attempting to lift a certain weight, it means you're weak and cannot handle it, using equipment is like cheating in a video game, you just cannot do it so you cheat to feel special

>human physiology evolved to run long-distance, manipulate tools with precision and efficiency, throw with accuracy and velocity, and to grapple/strike.
>retards believe picking heavy shit up and down is a sport

>1439 AH Islamic year
>Wanting to go above 2pl8 Bench

At 2pl8 you're benching more than 90% of the male population barring athletes, to have reached that point you probably would have made some decent chest gains.

There is literally no point, aesthetic or strength wise to go above 2pl8 bench.
You're just asking to snap your shit up just so you can impress some lard assess with:
>MUH HUVY WEIGHT

>Enough of a difference to make a scale say "FULL'
>from a shirt
Holy shit, this is bench? Even if that's in multi-ply suited Monolift squatting it's insane

If your leg strength is outpacing your back strength, then switch to split squats or another unilateral leg exercise. There's nothing dumb about wanting to get stronger, but there is something dumb about chasing numbers on 3 beginner lifts.

Lol I do 10x2pl8 to cool down after my 3pl8 work sets and I lift like once a week and smoke dudeweed. Genelets gotta cope somehow, I guess

just like my japanese animes

If you stretch a rubber band and hold it you are storing energy you fucking retard.

Why? Wouldn't those isolate the legs from the back and exacerbate the problem?

I guess I could see doing those if the plan was to stop squatting, switch legs into maintenance mode, and bring up back strength with back extensions and diddly.

Consider necking yourself