If I want to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time, and I’m currently 5’8 230lbs...

If I want to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time, and I’m currently 5’8 230lbs, would 141g of protein daily be sufficient?

>will this arbitrary protein number

Just answer the fucking question, bitch

aim for .8g per LEAN lbs of bodyweight

dont shit the bed if you cant reach that number unless you workout A LOT

probably more than sufficient, tubster

weak bait

that or you're a lazy illiterate retard

if he has never done exercise, he probably doesn't have much lean body mass, so 140 is fine for a beginner

read the fucking sticky
every fucking new year there's a flood of people looking to not be a fatass anymore which is fine. the problem is chompskyhonks such as yourself that don't want to put in any of the work or learning to do so and come here to let others do the work for you. read the fucking sticky and do your own work and then you'll make it , until then you'll be a fat manlet

> would 141g of protein daily be sufficient?
>141g
are you fucking retarded or something? i hope you calculated that number with one of those mid-50-women-magazine calculators, because you aint gonna see anything at all with that bitch ass low number. fucking NYRs

Alright I’m SICK and fucking TIRED of you obnoxious fucking stickyfags. FFS I’ve been here for 2 fucking years, I’ve literally lost 120+lbs already don’t you DARE call me a fucking newfag ever again, you slimy little troglodyte. I’ve read the stupid fucking sticky multiple times, suck my fucking cock. I’m literally just trying to fucking confirm if I’m doing this shit right because I’ve had to change my diet to accommodate my new goal, and I need to deal with cocksuckers like you. Why the fuck do you even care? Who the fuck do you think you are, the Veeky Forums police? Fuck you.

>I’ve read the stupid fucking sticky multiple times
no you haven't, else you wouldnt ask question as stupid as this thread

>Alright I’m SICK and fucking TIRED of you obnoxious fucking stickyfags. FFS I’ve been here for 2 fucking years, I’ve literally lost 120+lbs already don’t you DARE call me a fucking newfag ever again, you slimy little troglodyte. I’ve read the stupid fucking sticky multiple times, suck my fucking cock. I’m literally just trying to fucking confirm if I’m doing this shit right because I’ve had to change my diet to accommodate my new goal, and I need to deal with cocksuckers like you. Why the fuck do you even care? Who the fuck do you think you are, the Veeky Forums police? Fuck you.

New pasta? Or old pasta?

read the sticky you fag

>New pasta? Or old pasta?
delicious, either way. holy fuck this thread.

lol.

my first thought too
saved to my pasta folder either way

Protein is a meme

At 5'8 if you were lean you would be 150lbs (and that's generous) which means around 70kg, do one g per kg ad you'd be fine eating 60g-80g, and still building muscle.

You can only build so much muscle at once and carbs provide the body the energy to do so. Protein is mostly wasted, anyway

this

>muh 1g/lb
>muh whey protein

fuck outta here

this (- the reddit spacing)
take a gram per kilo since an overload of protein will tax your kidneys.

yikes, fuck off to your blog you whiny bitch

>"read the sticky!"
>people post stuff that goes against the sticky

>5’8
Your manlet status explains your irrational behaviour. Just read the fucking sticky.

Protein makes you gain fat

m8 you need AT LEAST 2g protein per lb. of bodyweight on a cut. DO NOT trust these 150 lb. "ripped" kids who cant bench lmao2pl8
This puts your daily intake around 460, aim for 400 then work your way up

>lose weight
>gain muscle

pick one and learn how do it right.

Your protein is close to 0.5 x bodyweight in lbs is like bare minimum. Ideally 1 gram per lbs and if you want to BUILD muscle lift accordingly and eat 1.5 or greater a day.

>gets all his information on a topic from one source
>doesn't want people to discuss Veeky Forums topics on Veeky Forums

Nah you're right side, we need another fucking manlet/ lanklet thread, it sip thread or goal body thread or how do I become trap thread or some other fucking non-Veeky Forums topic.

Not even OP but I prefer this thread over the majority of threads I see on Veeky Forums.

jesus christ I hope you aren't serious

The reason he used that number is because its roughly the amount of protein in a pound of chicken breast, this man plans to only get his protein from 1lb of chicken breast every day and nothing else.

>2 years
>obnoxious CAPS
>muh how much proton

you're either baiting or a special-ed kid
one solid comprehensive source is more than enough for basics
this one source gives you reference to the studies, so it's actually several different sources

If you didnt'know this yet, and if you think your question is advanced enough to warrant a thread I suggest reading the fucking sticky

literally all this cunt has to do is type into google "macro calculator" stop wasting shitty threads on this garbage

I'm not the same fucking guy you were complaining to dickhead. I'm pointing out that out of the 100's of threads on Veeky Forums that are bullshit threads you chose this thread to bitch about, where someone was actually asking for advice.

I get that it gets annoying seeing the same god-damn thread for the billionth time but you know what? it's still better than all the non-Veeky Forums topics that continue day in, day out.

and you could have just ignored the thread if you didn't want to answer it but that's not what your post was about. you wanted to feel superior to OP. This is the problem with children.

I remember when people used to actually help people on this board but now it's turned into this.

Maybe you should actually read people's post before responding to them.