Do you do BB Row with the bar on the ground or in the air?

Do you do BB Row with the bar on the ground or in the air?

ground

Air

ground supinated is the best row

There’s no one best row...

OP you should do both explosive pendlay rows from the ground as well as more traditional BB rows with a larger angle and from the air.

But that’s just me... repeating the old advice to train comprehensively...

According to EMG the bent over barbell row is the best exercise for lats

I alternate between these 2 every rep

EMG doesn't prove shit.

I just do seal rows. Much safer on lower back.

seal row

Pendlay rows are meme rows from meme coach who has meme results and hangs out with other meme coaches.

air, only faggots row off the ground

>harder exercise is for faggots
exactly the opposite sissyboi

This. Everyone else is retarded. Explosive Pendlay rows and heavy Yates rows (both with an overhand grip). Add some cable rows, pulldowns, Australian pull-ups, pull-ups, landmine/T-bar rows, seal rows, rack pulls, and deads and you've got yourself a fucking bulletproof back. Alternate arms/presses and legs/calves, but every day is back day.

try underhand smith machine rows

you'll have to adjust your stance slightly but it massively cuts down on using momentum

inb4 some faggot who's been running SS for three weeks tries to talk shit about smith machines

>yeah man just add 48373 back exercises and you'll have a good back

I do air, supinated, works for me atm

Do both. Stop treating everything like it's an either-or competition. Both are good lifts with their own benefits and drawbacks.

He's not saying to do all of that in the same workout you fucking retard. You need to alternate between those lifts whenever you stall or get bored with one.

you sound like you're really well-informed on the subject

What's an Australian pull-up — do you just mean a shoulder press?

i use superior T-bar

Is wide(st) grip a good enough rear delt exercise?

Both. Really depends what I want to work.

kek

patrician

>do almost every back exercise in existence and you'll have a good back

really makes you think

Why not just focus one one or two back exercises and focus on progressive tension overload to get bigger and stronger? Being bored of lifting comes from you lifting baby weight and never progressing and doing a bunch of different shit to cure your boredom in the gym just makes you a twinkcel.

>do every known back exercise and train back every day to get a good back

People who train for """aesthetics""" would rather do a million different easy exercises to "hit different parts of the muscle" than actually put some work in and actually lift heavy weights.

Doing different lifts activates your muscles in different way, i.e. different angles shift the emphasis to different fibers which induces greater growth. If you're new to lifting then sure, just do a pull-up and a row variation. But if you've been lifting a while, changing up your routine will produce greater results than just trying to do the same shit over and over again. Eventually you will stall, at which point you should switch it up. Say your main row is heavy Pendlays. Doing some heavy Yates rows or cable rows will work your muscles in a slightly different manner, they'll adapt to the new stress and grow, and that'll actually translate into a stronger Pendlay row. That's why you see powerlifters doing multiple bench, squat, and dead variations, even though they only compete using one form. Eventually to get stronger you need variation. If you do the same movement and only that same movement, you will get stronger, but eventually your body will stall or stop growing. Variation induces greater growth and strength.

Ayyy

Ground
in case you fags didn't know...

>Ground better for strength gains because it an accessory for DL.
>Air better for a e s t h e t i c gains because of prolonged tension.

I yates row, so the bar never touches the ground during the lift.

people who train for """strength""" would rather do 3 exercises just to brag about their numbers to other gymcels instead of actually lifting for their health and aesthetic beauty

pendlay row are a fucking meme

Is this truly superior to cables, machines or those better machines where you can place plates and do each part separately if you wanted? What are those kind of machines called? I rarely do bent over rows with a barbell. I just do cables or what I described instead since I feel it works just as well.