/ghg/ - Grain Hate General

Let's get some grain hate up in here. Anyone else hate grains and think they were never meant to be eaten by humans?
>Historically, grains were only given to the peasant classes to keep them from complaining, as well as being emergency stores for the winter. Grains were never meant to be something you just "ate" for meals.
>Grains have to be boiled in water for them to even be edible. What the hell, nature?
>Grains still aren't a good food choice for humans as they cause insulin spikes and even intestinal damage
>Be honest, grain lovers, you wouldn't consider pic related even edible unless someone trained you to think otherwise. It looks dead and lifeless as prairie grass, and it might as well be nutritionally.
>Grains can be produced cheaply en-mass, perfect for peasants
"But muh vitamins and minerals!"
Well, tree bark has vitamins and minerals too and is in the same supply as grains are as well. Why aren't you eating tree bark user?

Why are you going to eat grains in 2018? Give me one logical reason why it's a good idea to eat these peasant-tier "foods".

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20060863
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trencher_(tableware)
youtube.com/watch?v=jipcc8vMuN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>cause insulin spikes
like all other foods

There is literally nothing wrong with eating bread

Not necessarily. Eggs won't spike insulin, no carbs.

How do you get livestock nice and fatty? You give them grains or sugars. Think about it.

Again, bread was traditionally used as plates or sponges to sop up the actual food, and then fed to peasants or dogs afterwards. Until one day a clever merchant decided he can just sell people bread-plates directly and skip the whole dog thing.
And people actually fell for it.

Do you have a source for that?

wrong
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20060863

Here we go again.
Do you know how foie gras is made?
Nice study. I'll ask in a different way, do you know why its okay for diabetics to eat eggs but not grains or sugar?

Oh, I meant the last part of that reply, about the bread.

I do know how it's made, force feeding them through a tube.

meat causes larger insulin spikes than grains

So don't eat them, but why do you care so much that other people do eat them?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trencher_(tableware)
>A trencher (from Old French tranchier; "to cut") is a type of tableware, commonly used in medieval cuisine. A trencher was originally a flat round of bread used as a plate, upon which the food could be placed to eat.[1] At the end of the meal, the trencher could be eaten with sauce, but was more frequently given as alms to the poor.
There it is. Also, to make foie gras is made by force-feeding the ducks grains, as they make the liver fatty.

I don't necessarily see the problem with eating bread.

Also, your quotation doesn't support your claim at all that bread was originally used for the peasants and bowl thing. Bread has been around a lot earlier.

Also, why does it matter if it was eaten by peasants? Lobster (bisque) used to be widely eaten by peasants and now it's viewed as a luxury

It is very possible the main reason our brains grew as much as it did is mainly because of grains. Grains are straight tho the perfect food for humans. Any population which eat a shitton of whole grains were a lot healthier then pretty much any non grain eating pouplation

clearly not because of the insulin spikes lol

You realise bread used to mean MEAT?

youtube.com/watch?v=jipcc8vMuN8

>needs to be boiled in water to be edible

Go ahead and tell me how your steak and potatoes taste without cooking them.

what about sourdough ?

>be peasant
>work on fields for 14 hour days
>barely enough food to support family on a good day
>harvesting grains one day
>Alpha Chadonian rides up on us steed and drops a bucket of sloppy bread at my feet
>you will never know those feels of being able to feed family
>Alpha Chadonian slaps my wife on the ass and rides away
>don’t even care cause family tree can keep growing

1600 years later

>be great-great-great-great^10th grandson of peasant farmer
>be a massive beta cuck minimum wage worker in a kitchen
>Alpha Chad boss walks up to me after shift and drops a box of leftovers for me to take home
>mostly dinner rolls and croutons from the salad bar
>get filled with so much rage
>drive hope immediately
>open Veeky Forums
>”GRAIN HATE GENERAL”

without grains there would be literally nothing

you're retarded or a coka cola shill.

no, it's meat.

raw meat zerocarbers are doing great. raw horse is delicious. taters are carbs, dickwheat. that's why that hobbit was fat.

>what did she mean by putting a bulb in his ass?

>eat sugar and carbs for first time in years
>back thrown out due to inflammation
>can't lift because no back
Fuck carbs and fuck sugar. Never again.

And?

>Historically, grains were only given to the peasant classes to keep them from complaining, as well as being emergency stores for the winter. Grains were never meant to be something you just "ate" for meals.
Not true.
>Grains have to be boiled in water for them to even be edible.
Not true.
>Grains still aren't a good food choice for humans as they cause insulin spikes
If you only eat grains without anything else. Most people eat grains with meat, oil or butter, vegetables etc. which slows down the absorption
>and even intestinal damage
Not true in the vast majority of people.
>Be honest, grain lovers, you wouldn't consider pic related even edible unless someone trained you to think otherwise.
Not true.
>Well, tree bark has vitamins and minerals too and is in the same supply as grains are as well. Why aren't you eating tree bark user?
Tree bark breads are sold in supermarkets where I live. Traditionally it was eaten only in times of need because grains are easier to prepare and contain more energy which is needed to do work.
>Why are you going to eat grains in 2018?
Because they are nutritious and taste good and give energy.

>taters are carbs, dickwheat. that's why that hobbit was fat.
Skelly gollum was able to overpower 2 hobbits on multiple occasions.
Lol good post, had an insult, written in old time talk. Only note
>Lord chadwyck

Untill we get any proof of a real low /nocarb athlete I won't touch that shit meme .
It's always "search on google there is a lot of lowcarb athlete" , or that shity timothy video , and those people don't even know the man , he slam down sweet taters and banana during every ultra he do .