Vitamin D

>start lifting
>taking Vit D3 because everybody says it's the shit
>fast forward 1.5 years
>made some gains and not that autistic about lifting and dieting anymore so stopped taking any supps, including Vitamin D, just eating real foods
>summer passes, winter comes along
>always tired
>really sleepy after sunset at 5pm
>remember I still have some Vitamin D lying around
>start taking it
>never tired
It's fucking better than caffeine. Why aren't you literally vitamin D pilled yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Stacked/comments/2fu9h3/zoeleecc354_pics_here_3_videos_in_comments/
academic.oup.com/jcem/article/96/7/1911/2833671
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why aren't you pregnant yet?
I can help you.

Wait until you discover B12 injections

How many IU did you take?

Take it during winter, that's when i'm deficient.

How much per day ?

10000 IU/day master race here

Yes, sunlight gives you Vitamin D, and it keeps you awake. You take it when it's dark often

This is common knowledge for most northern countries.

redpill me on vitamin D3 guys. People talk about it like it's the second coming for jesus. why should i take it

Try it out. A bag with 50 of them costs like 5 bucks on ebay. If it helps you, keep taking them, if it doesn't, it was only 5 bucks.

Hope you're not doing nofap
reddit.com/r/Stacked/comments/2fu9h3/zoeleecc354_pics_here_3_videos_in_comments/

I have been taking D3 for 7 months in addition to a lot of other supplements.I can't say for sure that it's the D3 and not B12 but I definitely feel like crap without my sups.

Fat whore lmao

Are you black or something? How do you get vitamin D deficit unless you never go outside. Even if your a social recluse go out into nature or something.

>cold weather
>cover your whole body except for hands and face when going outside
>limit time outside because it's so cold
>barely any sun penetrating through the clouds, sky always grey
>end up Vitamin D deficient
It's a real mystery

are you black tho

>supporting big pharma and taking synthetic supplements

Why don't you just eat some salmon or tuna you cheap ass? Also you're definitely black if you live in the west and can't naturally produce enough vitamin d.

No.

no but really, you can tell us if you are

>eating 1kg of salmon or 7.5kg of tuna every day
I think I'll pass.

>supporting big pharma by spending 20bucks every 2 years for a pack of 500 pills
>everyone who lives in the western hemisphere always has high enough Vitamin D levels, which is why suicide rates are highest during winter

Your whole post reeks of bait.

what are the essential Veeky Forums supplements? I want to up my vitamin gains.

What is milk?

Ashwaghanda
Magnesium
Zinc
D3 2000IU or more
Multi to fill in the gaps

zinc
magnesium
D3 / calcium
multi
fish oil
creatine

Ashwaghanda is really hit or miss for individuals, try it for yourself and decide

>synthetic supplements
its literally the same chemical substance you dumb shit
>muh appeal to nature momscience nonarguments

Okay, something tells me that you want to believe what you want to believe, but I'll still try.

>eating 1kg of salmon or 7.5kg of tuna every day
Where are you getting this? 100gs of salmon or mackerel is more than enough vitamin d for the day. Do you actually know that vitamin d is an animal hormone and not an actual vitamin right? You do also know that it's also a fat soluble vitamin right?
This means that the best source of it are simply animal products; eating raw milk, fresh raw eggs, raw cheese, and fresh raw salon is more than enough vitamin d for anybody.

>supporting big pharma by spending 20bucks every 2 years for a pack of 500 pills
Do you actually think some pill is a legitimate substitute for all these whole foods? You realize when a food is whole it actually has enzymes, proteins, and other things that actually help you digest the vitamins. You really think your body takes all the vitamin d content you get from pills?

>everyone who lives in the western hemisphere always has high enough Vitamin D levels, which is why suicide rates are highest during winter
Maybe because more than half the population eats a plant based diet. Don't forget that the food pyramid has been 80% vegan for a while now.

Look at this other vegan shill wanting to believe what he wants to believe.

You ignorant fucks need to pick a up a nutrition book before you come here talking about shit like this.

not an argument

I stick to the 4000iu safe upper limit until there's more evidence to the contrary. 4000iu a day + whatever little amount is added to food and naturally in food is enough for a person who never goes outside.

Redpill me on ashwaganda

Anyone else sort of have a natural mindset? Torn about taking vitamin d as I generally want my body to learn to adapt to conditions and all of that shit. Doesn't it make more sense to just do what you can to let your body normalize itself instead of relying on supplements/vitamins?

15 minutes of sun is all you need to get vitamin d. And it doesn't even matter if it's cloudy/cold... You're still getting rays from the sun

relaxes some people, does not relax others.

causes lame side effects in some people like rashes and no sleep.

not studied enough in a professional setting to truly determine the variables, but it's worth at least trying

Also, sauce? God damn she's sexy. I wanna see what dat face l00k lyk3

>omg why isn't he quoting enough studies funded by Coca-Cola and Cheerios; basic biological facts are simply not enough!!

Lol yeah that'll do it bro. I do 2.5k a day. Shit is nuts.

>15 minutes of sun is all you need to get vitamin d. And it doesn't even matter if it's cloudy/cold... You're still getting rays from the sun

LOL. You retarded boy?

Maybe you should science a little. Even a little tiny bit.

>Where are you getting this?
I was comparing it to 5000IUs I get from the pills which I usually take with balanced healthy meals with plenty of fat content (including butter) which answers your question of
>You really think your body takes all the vitamin d content you get from pills?
Also
>moving the goalposts
I thought this was about supporting big pharma not about how your body absorbs nutrients
>eating raw milk, fresh raw eggs, raw cheese, and fresh raw salon is more than enough vitamin d for anybody.
I actually drink around a liter of milk pretty much every day and eat eggs, cheese and tuna rather frequently. Salmon is pretty expensive so I eat it pretty rarely. This winter I never felt as alert and just in an all around good condition as when I started taking my vitamin D supplements again.
>Maybe because more than half the population eats a plant based diet.
Again, moving the goalposts. Based on your first post you would suggest that a white person would be able to get enough Vitamin D from sun exposure alone, even during winter.
>Okay, something tells me that you want to believe what you want to believe, but I'll still try.
Have you ever heard of projection?

It's not that I believe in this stuff, I was rather suspicious about supplements and as I already mentioned I stopped taking any supplements altogether because I thought it wouldn't make a difference. Just out of curiosity I tried out vitamin D because I still had it lying around and it had tremendously positive effects. I'm not believing, I simply reporting what happened to me.

>take vitamin D
>I'm tired anyway
what do?

Sleep

Suicide

thanks my dudes

>my feelings, and my emotions
>my own experiences
>wait, you aren't arguing about what I want to argue so all your facts must be irrelevant
>still thinking he's getting 5000IU from some pill
>probably buying eggs and milk from the store and eating canned tuna
>doesn't understand that a white person with no sun but a natural diet can produce more viramin d than a nonwhite with sun

Okay, stay ignorant soyboy.

You do realize clouds block all frequencies of sun rays equally. So when there's not a lot of sun, there's also not a lot of UVa and UVb you can absorb, so it'll take more than 15 minutes to get your fix. You also have to calculate that the overall number of photons is lower because the angle of the northern hemisphere is more parallel to the direction of the sun, but enough about that.

Wanting your body to adapt is cool and all, but putting yourself under uselessly harder conditions just because you want to keep it natural is a matter of personal choice. I prefer the easier way, that will let me be in a better condition.

>doesn't understand that a white person with no sun but a natural diet can produce more viramin d than a nonwhite with sun

Fucktard. Humans don't produce vitamin D.

A human must either get it from:
- Sunlight, south of san francisco to boston latitude (or above that line between april to october).
- Supplements. Vit D3 supplements, not Vit D2 which raise levels yet confer little to no benefit
- Food...but you're not going to get enough Vit D just from food unless you're eating a diet primarily of fresh sea food, which you are not.

>Wanting your body to adapt is cool and all, but putting yourself under uselessly harder conditions just because you want to keep it natural is a matter of personal choice.

The 'adaptation' to low/no vitamin D is sickness and death.

>>my own experiences
Alright, you want scientific articles, here you go:
academic.oup.com/jcem/article/96/7/1911/2833671
>vitamin D deficiency is very common in all age groups
>It is unknown whether 600 IU/d is enough to provide all the potential nonskeletal health benefits associated with vitamin D. However, to raise the blood level of 25(OH)D consistently above 30 ng/ml may require at least 1500–2000 IU/d of vitamin D
>still thinking he's getting 5000IU from some pill
Already addressed in the aforementioned study
>probably buying eggs and milk from the store
So you drink raw milk and always waste your money at farmer's markets, good on you.
Show proofs. White skin developed to accommodate lower sun exposure while still maintaining healthy vitamin D levels. Your body cannot produce more vitamin D from food you eat than the amount it contained, you can only do that through UV light exposure.
>Okay, stay ignorant soyboy.
>can't come up with an argument
>resorts to name calling
I eat butter on a daily and eat beef almost every day. Come at me pussy.

>I'm poor/cheap and don't eat any natural foods but it's okay because I take this pill so sure I'm just as good as you who eats nothing but raw natural foods

Okay idiot, keep believing this.

i went to doctor and im such a shut in that i had like 1/8th the normal vitamin d levels

they prescribed me 50,000 unit caps i dont know what that is in mg, its gel capsules

>Okay idiot, keep believing this.

Believe it because that's exactly how it works. Take Vit D3 supplements, levels go up and benefits of adequate levels show up.

It's not rocket science.

>literal scientific proof shoved in his face
>lol, keep believing what you want

Coming back to
>Okay, something tells me that you want to believe what you want to believe
Projecting hard.

>i went to doctor and im such a shut in that i had like 1/8th the normal vitamin d levels
>they prescribed me 50,000 unit caps i dont know what that is in mg, its gel capsules

If you're taking prescription Vit D it's almost certainly Vit D2. If so, throw it away and get D3 (what you'll mostly find on the shelves). Take 50k i.u.'s 2x/week for 6 weeks, then get your levels tested and adjust intake appropriately.

careful with it. use it sparingly. affected me like antidepressents after long term use

>affected me like antidepressents
That's nothing to joke with. My buddy ruined himself financially and almost crashed into a wall with his car when he was on antidepressants because he felt like he was untouchable.

Literally all recent unbiased studies on vitamin d supplements come to the conclusion that it almost does nothing at all

brah

Idiotas

Bullshit, you fucking liar jew.

In fact most resent peer reviewed research came to the conclusion that the average values are to LOW.

OMG KILL YOURSELF, OFF YOURSELF OFF YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BREATH THE SAME AIR I DO

>Wait until you discover B12 injections

It's dumb do do b12 injections. Sublingual B12 methylcobalamin is research proven to be as effective as injections (without all the downsides like costs, trips to the doctor, old nurse stabbing your ass, etc).

First, let's establish what counts as an unbiased and recent. I have a peer reviewed study with a sample size of almost 58'000 participants right here from 2007 that proved with a 95% certainty that all cause mortality is reduced in individuals who on average take 528IU on a daily basis (ranged from 300-2000IU) and that was literally just the first result when searching for "Vitamin D supplementation peer reviewed" on google scholar. I gave you one, now you give a study.

Do D3 pills degrade over time?

I have these soft gels but they are about 3 years old. Packet says they expire in 2019.

Well it's not like they'll be harmful, but they probably won't have their full effect though after the expiration date. I'm pretty sure dry pills can't expire.

ya its vit d2
im not concerned with vitamin d though, just whatever the doctor found on blood work

>im not concerned with vitamin d though, just whatever the doctor found on blood work

That's what the doctor found on the blood work, so why aren't you concerned about vit D???

1/8th of normal (which is low) is dangerously low.

>I have these soft gels but they are about 3 years old. Packet says they expire in 2019.

If they've been in the cool/cold/a refridgerator they're fine.

They're in an oil base, so you don't need to worry about the vit d but do need to worry about the oil going rancid.

Dry pills are fine for many many years.

Did my masters on whether or not we should supplement Vit D to summer levels year round.
Summer levels require 15 min FULL BODY exposure to midday sunlight which is approximately a 20,000 IU dose.
Injections of 350,000 IU are regularly given to the elderly if found deficient.
Need doses above around 500,000IU daily to see negative effects.
One of the most significant effects found was 25% increase in strength on a quadriceps extension test when deficient individuals are supplemented to non-deficient levels.
Personally take 10,000 IU/day from a month after I go to the beach until T-shirt time (Nov-April in NYC).

2000 IU isn't really enough, 20,000 IU is the maximum effective dose where calcium absorption into the intestinal lumen is maximized.
Deficient individuals should take 10,000 IU, which is generally those living outside the tropics in winter.

>1/8th of normal (which is low) is dangerously low.

Apparently not according to my doctor.

>went to doctor to get vit D checked
(Scandinavian, so expected my Vit D to be low)
>Reference range is something like 20-160 of x units
>Get results back
>10, even says extremely low
>never heard anything from the doctor about it

A Bvitimin complex plus zinc and magnesium are supposed to work together with D3 to help produce more test and give energy

Actually, just checked my journal

>Reference range is 50-160 nmol/L
>Result was 22 nmol/L

My doctor did my bloodwork recently and I've been a perma-NEET shutin for 14 years. My vitamin D levels were normal.

The only time I go outside is to clean my dogs shit up in the backyard.

>Apparently not according to my doctor.

You've got a shit doctor. Get another doctor.

Vit D is EASY to get your levels up and CHEAP and there's no downsides and deficiency levels where you're at are...what's the word....deadly. Not tomorrow deadly, but disease-developing (that your doctor won't have a cure for and they don't attribute Vit D deficienc with disease....but that's because mainstream doctors are shit.

A car can't run very long without oil. That's not the best analogy, but get Vit D3 into asap, and enough of it.

I am absolutely vitamin D pilled. Take two every morning at breakfast otherwise I fall asleep like 5 times throughout the day

I too am a fan of vitamin D, I was recently diagnosed with a rare disorder where my blood stops being produced and I need regular infusions.
As a side effect of this disease I am now allergic to sunlight, breaking in blisters within seconds, and need to take D supplement to keep healthy.
Also you should stop smoking as it’s untasty, alcohol is ok in small amounts, if you’re in the downtown LA would you try some whisky for me?
Don’t trust ugly gilla monsters

I'm ginger I produce my own vitamin D

>>Result was 22 nmol/L

That's 8.8 ng/ml (europe uses nmol/L). That's LOW.

A good doctor would get your levels up over 40ngml asap.

Get another doctor (if you're the same guy).

>My vitamin D levels were normal.

What was the actual number? 'Normal' depends on the quality of your doctor.

Obviously "self-medicated", but I just find it funny, especially considering it was during the summer and the fact I am from Scandinavia.

Eventually got a new doctor since I moved to another city.

See above.

Thanks for your concerns though.

>I'm ginger I produce my own vitamin D

The void where a soul should be pulls in Vit D like a black hole.

it's easily one of the best (if not THE best) supp you can take

this is me exactly I don't supp more than 4000 iu

>start wageslaving a couple years ago
>retarded amounts of stress and depression
>take shit ton of vitamin D
>never felt better in my life
>run out and don't get some for a while
>start taking it again
>it makes me depressed

what the fuck. I even started taking it with magnesium and vitB and I still feel like shit. Same thing with St John's Wart. There was a time when it made me feel like I could do anything but now I just get depressed when I take it. Thank god for Kava and Kratom tho.

i would give her the vitamin D i dont know if you catch what im throwing Veeky Forums

How do I into vitamin D? What are IUs and how many should I take daily? I'm living in the Netherlands, so gray and cloudy as fuck most days.

What the fuck is up with her hip(s)? Looks like the dude with mega obliques

>i would give her the vitamin D i dont know if you catch what im throwing Veeky Forums

Yeah but I hear your Vit D level is pretty tiny.

I'm brown and get really down and a bit sad in the winter. Does being darker but not black make it easier to be vitamin d deficient?

Low test

My multivitamin has "Vitamin D" in it, is that the same as D3?

can anyone give me a solid list of supplements that I should take for growth.. don't like taking advice from mens fitness or any other blogspot page

>My multivitamin has "Vitamin D" in it, is that the same as D3?

It should be, yes.

The only place you'll find D2 is:
- prescription from doctors
- 'vegan/vegetarnain' vit d.

>I'm brown and get really down and a bit sad in the winter. Does being darker but not black make it easier to be vitamin d deficient?

The darker you are the less Vit D you get from sun exposure.

But most whitey's are low D even when they're in sunshine, for a variety of reasons.

Supplement. Get your levels checked 1-2x per year until you know how mucn you need to take to stay in an optimal range of 60-80ng/ml.

I work indoors from before sun rise to after sunset in the winter. We're getting less than 7 hours of direct sunlight right now, and I work 10 hour shifts. I try to get some sun during my lunch break, but the daytime high yesterday was -25c, and there was a brisk wind, so spending half an hour outside without a shirt is a recipe for frostbitten nipples.

>I work indoors from before sun rise to after sunset in the winter. We're getting less than 7 hours of direct sunlight right now, and I work 10 hour shifts. I try to get some sun during my lunch break, but the daytime high yesterday was -25c, and there was a brisk wind, so spending half an hour outside without a shirt is a recipe for frostbitten nipples.

And due to the angle of the sun there's no vit D going to be gained from that sun exposure.

Stars do not produce hormone D. Light triggers the skin to produce it.

So you say every small business in vitamins is the same as the Rockefeller foundation creating psychiatric pharmaceutical drugs, so both should be called "big pharma"?

What’s the best way to take ashwagandha? I’ve been taking pic related for a couple weeks now, but I’ve also been sick for most of that time so I can’t really tell if it makes me feel better yet.

Forgot pic

>Stars do not produce hormone D. Light triggers the skin to produce it.

I didn't say that stars produce hormone/vit D, but that's for clarifying in case somebody happened bo think they did.

All you need is the salmon - pill my man.

>All you need is the salmon - pill my man.

Yeah? How much Vit D is in there?

>Light triggers the skin to produce it.

That's not true, as not just any light allows the production to process.