Are barbells by definition cheat reps?

Are barbells by definition cheat reps?

>easier to lift heavier weights
>distributed weight makes it easier to control the reps
>easier to hold

One is for strength, the other is for size.
Apples and oranges in my opinion

Have you ever tried to hold a barbell with 1 hand? That's how actual strong men do it....

Completely retarded question I know but, which does which. My tiny school gym doesn't have a bar in the entire place and this statement worries me. not OP btw. And Thanks

the real question is
barbell flies or dumbbell flies?

DB benching with barbells is the way to go

>One is for strength, the other is for size.
>you will never get big benching a bar

sure is NYR in here Veeky Forums

God damn you are fucking retarded aren't you?

lmao 3 people already took it

This whole thread

barbell flies or if you're feeling kinky, line up two smith machines and do smith machine flies

/asp/ what r you doing here?

Anyways you do fucking both. You rotate. one week do the bar flat and dumbells incline.
The next reverse it.
The next to only bar
then dumbbell...

This how you do the gym

can i DB bench with neutral grip or am i losing something?
having my elbows wide out from my body fucks my shoulder

>smith machine flies
holy shit

Basically what it comes down to is, how hard do you want to work your stabilizers? A smith machine doesn't at all, because the weight is held in place. A barbel engages them, but because both arms are on the same weight, balancing is made easier through compensation. With DBs, you get maximal stabilizer activation, but consequently will not hit your pecs or tris quite as hard if those stabilizers are not up to the task. If you're just going for strength and size, barbell bench is sufficient. If you want to be good at pushing things independently with each arm, use DBs.

Post lifts or pic

this is me, im on a bulk right now. So I'm not as cut up, but there ya go.
Natty

I know this is a bait thread, but you use barbells over DBs because past a certain point it's really hard to progress with DBs because of how unpractical they are at higher weights.

>Natty
ayy lmao

>underdeveloped chest
What a surprise

Dumbell for size

Post routine NOW

mirin

>twink

Not surprised.

femanon here, want a bj?

mirin.
he's right too. Why limit. Also superset with flys

female(boy) or female(girl) real.girls.dont post here

>one is for strength
>the other is for size

>tfw when strength and size aren't mutually exclusive

>There are people that literally believe that because a weight is divided into two smaller ones, they will have a completely different effect despite doing the same exercise

he thinks bar and bells do the same.

its like u dont even.lift

BB bench and DB bench are almost literally the same movement overall, just varied distributions of weight

sure smells a lot like NYR Veeky Forums in here

holy cringeolA

imagine going on to a fitness forum and arguing that the bar and dumbbells are the same thing.

im beggin ya

0/10

the state of ur fitness knowledge

Nah, I think it's more practical. You almost never lift something actually heavy with only one hand, you use both of your hands.

>bench
>practical

lol

it's for getting fucking joocy not for any gay practical/functional strength shit

Holy shit, you do both.

Are there people here who really do not do both?

>sure smells a lot like NYR Veeky Forums in here
You're trying so fucking hard to fit in.
If you lifted a weight in your life you'd know they're nothing alike.

>There are people on this board who don't do both on chestday

For once, someone actually posts proof.

>posts Jeff Cavalier
Put tension on muh muscle to make it grow bigger. SCIENCE(tm)!!!!!

I mean wouldn't the dumbells train your coordination because im unco as fuck and Im just saying it would have to help.

Post routine bitch tits (mirin')

I fucking hate you all

im omw 2 the gym, ill type something up with doing cardio.
But, its basically a bro split with a super set for everything.

REPS.

If you are going to do this fitness thing natty, its a war of attrition. You need to put the time in.
Ive been in the gym for over 8 years..

Keto / Paleo diet, gallon of water a day and fucking shit load of supplements. I fall for the viral marketing on Veeky Forums all the time

You can get strong lifting dumbells most people on here have a shit understanding of how gaining muscle and strength actually works.

I don't believe that's you

The more energy you use for stability, the less is left for strength

WHY CANT FRUIT BE COMPARED?

They're the same movement and develop the same muscle.

Don't listen to bullshitters.

I have a huge chest and a lmao3plaetz bench and I never hit chest press except when I was small.

If you want a big chest, barbell bench; if you want a strong bench, bench.

I fucking hate all these kids pretending that there are these magic loop holes because there's more than way to lift free weights.

Total volume/workout dictates size and total % of max lifted dictates strength.

If you really want to piss around with dumbells, do that exclusively; don't pretend it's a movement independent of the barbell bench press.

This 100000000%

They'll be forever small and weak because they can't see it

You guys are so retarded.

Have fun spinning your wheels at the gym until your body ages out @40 because you never achieved any progress whatsoever.

The funnest, least boring way to increase chest volume since most of these kids wanna be pretty and weak.

>smith machine flies

So did you come here from /r9k/, or from /pol/?

I don't. I think the barbell is harsher on your joints and definitely does not develop all the muscles involved in the movement if applied in a real life situation, meaning there's more isolation and less compound movement.

it probably pumps you up more, just like curs do, but it's not worth it.

mirin

>lifting
>natty
Pick one

reddit like the rest of us r/Veeky Forums to be specific

why is that?
I've been posting on this board for like 7 years

that physique is too good for this place, breh

i know ur giving me a compliment, but thats some gay ass shit.
You should lurk more, there are plenty of guys who look as good as me who post here.
And have posted here in the past.

Where did you come from?
reddit?

>be me
>doing barbells for years
>accidentally press 2 plate
>now that I'm strong I'll never be able to get big.

Kek, the problem is the people on here literally forget all the way on the road to 225; that it's okay to drop the weight to like 70-75% and actually rep out with that. Sure I can bench 255lbs for a few, but I found I grew way more when I back off to like 185lb and do sets of like 10. Then I will increase my max, and in suit my rep weight.

>real life situation
>in which you lay on your back and press something away from your torso

theres always a chance you can have something heavy fall onto you

>laying on back
>two heavy objects on either side of me fall on my chest
>good thing I did dumb bell bench
>I press them away

i can squat 365 for 5, but yesterday got a good workout doing 40 rep sets with 115, and never releasing tension between reps

db just use different stabilizer muscles so are probably a better lift, still id rather just bench

do both