Losing weight (fat) by lifting weights

So I have about 60 pounds to lose. But having been lifting and eating whatever i want i have gained some muscle i would like to keep as much as possible.

What is the best workouts for losing fat? high rep low weight? heavy weight low rep?

How do people usually lose weight while lifting?

Last time i dropped around 60 pounds i just did cardio but i had nothing to show for it at the end. I would like to lose weight lifting this time

But keeping energy up seems like it would be hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/education/2013/jul/29/german-soldiers-develop-enlarged-breasts
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah cool thread but all I see is a face screaming in agony.

i dont see it

You're asking the wrong questions. How you work out isn't that important it's more about how and what you're eating. If you want to keep as much muscle mass as possible you want to be eating a lot of brotein and fats while keeping your calories below maintenance. Also you should note that you may overestimate how much muscle mass you have built and just think you're losing a lot.

>overestimate.

I was like.... 240 and dropped to 150. Nothing was there. Not making that mistake again. I lost all my muscle in a massive 1400 calorie deficit.

I know diet is important but what im worried about is energy. I really enjoy doing 5x5 but im fucking wasted by the end of it and im worried if im on a deficit i wont be able to complete the workout.

what creme is it, to make the skin so shiny?

jesus christ user i'm on nofap

probly just baby oil

If you want to keep some fat in the right areas fir a bubble butt, you should spank your ass twice a day. The body will keep the fat to protect the slapped areas.
Link to surce: theguardian.com/education/2013/jul/29/german-soldiers-develop-enlarged-breasts

how long will it make the skin shiny?

Im not trying to be a dick or anything but i know a lot of people who were fat who overestimated how much muscle mass they had and were disappointed when they cut. I don't know maybe you have more, but the fact that you got down to 150lbs, and now again have 60lbs to lose leads me to believe you overeat and may not have built up that much muscle.

The fact that you're wasted after completing 5x5 is probably just due to the extra weight you're carrying. When you cut you are definitely going to have to lower your numbers and that's just an inevitable part of cutting

lower or keep the same? i know progress will come to a screaming halt but i was under the impression if you keep lifting the same numbers you can keep it. I dont mind going down in weight at all i just want to keep as much muscle as possible.

I want her body...

I want her body on my face

Depends on you. Its possible you can keep them the same, but after a month or two you will more than likely need to lower the weight. It's important you keep your protein intake high and if you aren't taking it I'd recommend getting on creatine. Yes you will put on water weight but that's not what you're concerned with.

Check these out
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

is it normal to get headaches on creatine? i have some but i usually get headaches.

did keto twice. I got put in the hospital twice

Its effective for weight loss, the most effective diet i have ever done for fat loss. But its just not for me.

Drink more water. Twice as much as what feels neccessary.

shit that is probly what it was. Would get splitting headaches

turn on your monitor

heavy weight, low volume. calorie restriction and 40-50% of those calories from protein. you'll lose 60lb by the end of summer if you're really serious, and by autumn if you relax and eat out occasionally

Ya im trying to reach a weight loss goal by may.

30 pounds would be fine. 60 would be spectacular

For losing weight you need to be in a caloric deficit. For losing fat you should stop eating sugar or even carbs altogether. Why are you lifting?

because lifting feels good

the main thing with lifting while cutting is that once the caloric deficit starts to bite, you just wont have the endurance to do lots of volume, and you can forget about making gains (except in pullups, obviously)

you're doing just enough to keep your body aware that muscles are important and should be preserved over fat stores. going heavy means more muscle cells are recruited, so more are preserved.

the hard part is you'll occasionally go for weeks when you feel exhausted and your weight doesnt change, and the only thing you can do is have faith in the science.

ya I was worried about the exhaustion but whatever.

In a similar boat to OP and I'm not sure what to do. Currently around 80kg and over 20% bf. I want to improve how I look. I'm not sure if I should finish my linear progression first and then cut (at the risk of getting even higher bf) or just cut straight away.

Been running a shit version of SS because work and life keeps getting in the way but these are my current lifts. About 6mo ago I was lifting about 20% more on squat and dl

Squat 3x5@115kg
Bench 3x5@75
DL 1x5@140
OHP 3x5@55

Suggestions?

bump