Caffeine chronically increases stress hormones

>Caffeine chronically increases stress hormones
>Sress hormones fuck up testosterone levels
Is this true? Are you still sipping that coffee and taking caffeine pills?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kqeZc9v3P24
jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/jn.109.113027v1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15635355
dx.doi.org/10.1139/apnm-2016-0053
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26890974
doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000001277
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16176615
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25571987
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23578950
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10956354
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24164961
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10584049
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21605608
online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jcr.2011.0022
dx.doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181d9901f
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11922111
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21297558
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21207054
jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/105/1/7
nature.com/ejcn/journal/v63/n1/abs/1602901a.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18458357
examine.com/supplements/caffeine/
examine.com/supplements/coffee/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150520082621.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22430531
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21422521
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp201383y
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19581722
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19581723
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18387175
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0123547
bulkpowders.co.uk/caffeine-tablets.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's bullshit. Caffeine gives you energy and helps you lose weight.

>op states true researched fax
>reply by saying it gives energy, therefore false

How many cups do you drink a day? And btw caffeine does not give you energy, it gives you a false sense of energy.

I cycle it. 3-4 cups every day black coffee for 2 weeks and then 1 week with none at all.

>mfw get some wicked migraines if I don't drink my daily cup of joe every morning

fuck

>relying on stimulants
never going to make it :')

Also, the fuck is a false sense of energy? You either have energy or you don't, and you obviously do with coffee and it helps majorly in lifting and cardio.

espresso early morning and early afternoon

honestly just doing it for taste at this point. might switch to decaf for good

>it gives you a false sense of energy
it's called stimulants you dumb fuck, there's nothing bad with them. Now if you drunk way too much be ready for constants headaches and shit like that.

you have to cycle it bro, or else you get dependent and the coffee loses it's stimulant properties.

>dont drink coffee
>have increased chance of dementia and other brain abnormalities

Bruh, ill take the 2% decrease in T levels for the antioxidants, nootropic effects and decrease in degenerative effects any day

energy is in food you fucking moron, caffeine has 0 calories. Caffeine blocks Adenosine which helps promote sleep and blood flow to your organs. Blocking adenosine will then, give you a false sense of restlessness. So if you want to delude yourselves into thinking caffeine is "fine" then go right ahead.

t. retard

ingest less than 400mg of caffeine a day an it will give you zero problems

>shit op actually knows his shit
>better call him a retard

Never fail to dissapoint, Veeky Forums. Do you have any actual arguments or not?

Stay btfo

it's an expression you dipshit, and I don't drink coffee after 4 pm for exactly that reason.

why would i take pills if i already drink coffee?

you're right about caffeine being a psychoactive substance not an actual source of energy

that doesn't mean it's not "fine" to drink though

OP doesn't know shit. Refute this video if you can.

>reducing bloodflow to organs is fine

there is nothing to refute. Caffeine will absolutely help you loose weight and enhance your performance. But the side effects are not worth that at all. eat food.

not a significant health risk or performance impediment

Let me put this point blank. Your point is fucking stupid.

>A false sense of energy
Energy is the ability to do work. In this context, it's your ability to do work with already existing resources.

You can argue that it's not "natural" energy, besides the fact that it's being produced with natural hormones in the response to a trigger, but whatever. It is still energy for you to do work.

>Should I give up caffeine?
Honestly? No, probably not. I've given up caffeine for a year or so because I was like "Hurr durr, it's probably bad for me"

Anyway, caffeine is pretty much a trade of energy for when you need it from the ability to sleep easy. Without caffeine, you will sleep like a fucking rock.

But good luck waking up in a hurry, or inconveniently, or getting up after a bad night. If you are going to give up caffeine, I would seriously recommend you give up alcohol, or staying up later than 11pm.

>That sounds pretty natural
It is... until you need to get up at 4am for a flight or something and you have to work with 5 hours of poor sleep.

What side effects? If you CYCLE, there are no side effects and only positives.

Caffeine =/= Coffee
While coffee does contain caffeine it also contains about 47 other active agents in it that help mitigate the negative effects of caffeine.
Coffee has actually been found to boost T

energy has an actual scientific definition. it's not a colloquialism. your body expends it just like an electrical motor does. the process is obviously infinitely more complicated but you get the point.

it's just not energy, point. it's a psychoactive drug that fights drowsiness (among other things). it doesn't magically break the laws of thermodynamics.

it will not affect sleep unless consumed in excess or late during the day. and that means both falling asleep and waking up.

if you experienced such drastic changes by going on a hiatus, it's more likely you were drinking far too much.

oldfag here, i'll give you the straight scoop
from ages 17-28 i abused the everloving fuck out of preworkouts and energy drinks, often consuming 500-1000mg of caffeine a day

years of this has given me serious anxiety, sleep and stomach problems
cutting down to 1-2 cups of joe a day and it all pretty much went away though

YMMV but just be mindful of it, if you want to be healthy then you need to learn moderation

This thread is fucking awful

as a non-american I'm confused by what "cup of joe" means

is it any cup of coffee, or specifically caffè americano?

No one is talking about energy in the scientific definition of the word you Rick and Mortimer fans, Caffeine just makes you feel more awake, like you have more energy.... get it?

Like woke?

>energy has an actual scientific definition.
Yes, energy is the ability to do fucking work, you nigger.

>it's just not energy, point. it's a psychoactive drug that fights drowsiness (among other things). it doesn't magically break the laws of thermodynamics.
Yes, it doesn't. It does allow you to use resources that you previously were unable to use.

>it will not affect sleep unless consumed in excess or late during the day. and that means both falling asleep and waking up.
Honestly? It's going to depend on what you consider late in the day or excessive. For the vast majority of drinkers, you'll probably see a noticeable effect.
>if you experienced such drastic changes by going on a hiatus, it's more likely you were drinking far too much.
Probably, but the recommendations for how much caffeine to drink are cuck bullshit. Consume 100mg per kg of body weight. Anything less is pussy shit.

yes, exactly. Drink coffee and get woke, kids.

>appeal to imbecility
the word you're looking for is "alertness" or "wakefulness"

speaking english properly and expecting others to do so does not make one a "rick and morty" fan or vaper or member whatever fandom we're making fun of this week

>Being this huge of a faggot

You'll Veeky Forums right in, newfriend.

i hate you

The significant performance benefits outweigh the negligible hormonal effects )which have an even more negligible effect on gainz)

speak whatever inbred dialect you want, just stop spreading broscience

no u

No accurate study has shown that because they don't control for sugar which is what really causes it.
Just don't add sugar to coffee and you win

Blocks... Adenosine...
What are you even saying you enormous gay

any cup of coffee

How long does it take on average to reset tolerance?

Is cycling coffee a real thing?

Bullshit i have caffine in my pre workout and nope still fucking bitches and getting gains

Sucking at work because I tried to work on six hours of sleep with no adenosine receptor antagonist is much more stressful then the actual anxiety caused by caffeine.
Kind of a high stakes job. I plan on quitting entirely once I get a more humane work schedule.

not sure about you, but coffee is a great pre-workout for me

Cycling is a real thing. Coffee is a drug and if you use it too much you get a tolerance.

Excess caffeine gives me the shakes and makes my legs week. Its like an orgasm with none of the fun bits.

Correct. It must be stealing that energy from somewhere else.

Goddamn, I hate what I've done to my brain. Probably about a pot of coffee daily since I was 18, now 28. Dozens of failed quit attempts but it was this way with cigarettes too. I will keep trying until I get rid of this demon forever.

how can it be done?

but you could be fucking 2% more bitches and getting 1.5% more gains if you didn't drink coffee

Well are you dependent right now? You have to quit for a few weeks or longer if you have been addicted for years. Then start back up taking small amounts 2 cups before 4pm, then next week 3 cups, and then 4. You have to take a few days or a week off of coffee every once in a while to reset yourself. You will know you are too addicted when coffee does nothing for you and you just get migranes in the morning when you haven't had your coffee.

It will be ok user. I drank 4 redbulls a day, now i drink none. I was literally measuring how much redbull i was drinking and reducing it by about 10ml a day, it can be done.

Thanks for the kind words. Just ran out of coffee. My plan is to switch tomorrow to tea (as much as I feel like). Might as well get started on lower acidity and see what happens. My teeth are rekt and I hardly eat sweets, it's all from black coffee.

I used have 3 small cups (probably 250ml) of black coffee, no sugar, everyday, from 8am to 12am.
Weekends I will probably have 150ml of black coffee, no sugar too, same time.

I don't it's a lot, but if I go by a morning without it I get a sharp headache.

so, I should probably go cold turkey for a week? may sound stupid but can it be replaced by a non prejudicial habit?

>needing to lose weight ever

Definitely stop drinking the coffee until the headaches go away, and I would probably go a week longer. I just stopped cold turkey, so I don't really know about another habit. When you start drinking it again, you start slow and should feel the stimulant effects, not like you are warding off a withdrawal. I personally go 2 weeks with 4 cups in the morning and then I drink none on the 3rd week.

Know that feel. I quit for a while last summer by weaning myself off using caffeine pills. It was harder to quit than cigarettes. Now back up to 4 cups a day.

Everyone needs to lose weight sometime, are you telling me everyone here is walking around at 10%bf all year?

you know you could maintain 12-13 % BF all years round and don't bother with meme like cutting to unealthy % for 3 month ?

Maybe so, but what about those times that you slip up and go to 15%? Maybe a gains goblin got ahold of you, either way it's good to know how to lose weight the fastest.

IKTFB
I'd rather not cold-turkey this shit

>Yes, energy is the ability to do fucking work, you nigger.

>niggers
>doing work
lmao

i've been doing this more mildly. i don't know that it's beneficial. i like how it feels, but i think i might be better with 0 caff all the time

It depends on your goal. Are you cutting? Caffeine is a miracle drug. Are you bulking? Don't bother, just take a pre-workout.

>Caffeine is a miracle drug for cutting
Weeoo , those 75 extra Kcals from fucking up your heart are a MIRACLE

My BP is 160/138 and I drink 8 cups a day. I'm 23, is this bad?

>fucking up your heart
bullshit
>75 Kcals
Also bullshit if you factor in the fact that you will be able to do cardio for longer and your lifts will be more intense.

I drink 34oz of coffee a day. Pretty low stress, but killer headaches. Most of my stress comes from trying to get my life in order as I transition into being a teacher.

Its science you big dumdumb.

>Implying niggers aren't low energy

baka

I'm thinking of taking a break from coffee and watch if it helps lower my anxiety

Coffee helps me get through grueling days of work sometimes.

>chronically increases stress hormones

need some elaboration on this.

Does this mean the stress increase is irreversible?

I should too desu

I'm not sure because I've had the same coffee for years but my anxiety only recently got worst. But maybe just cycling could be good as well

>true researched fax
And yet no source was posted.

Honestly, I've felt way more focused and productive ever since I quit a long while ago.
Maybe it's because I was drinking too much. Either way I don't want to be dependent upon an addictive stimulant only to just barely function anyway

Hey, user, order now.

Sounds like something someone without basic biochem knowledge would say

>there are no side effects and only positives.
>caffeine withdrawal

you sound like a massive cunt, sort yourself out

Caffeine disrupts a natural system designed over millions of years of evolution. I bet we're paying a price by having it all the time, it probably leads to things like alzheimers. It's basically overclocking for your brain, it can't be good

Goddamn you faggots, drink coffee if you like it, don't if you dislike it. Arguing about preference is so fucking stupid.

redbull is sugar and caffeine you dumbfuck, not just caffeine.

>t. I lift all the time, why can't I grow :(

Water weight

>needing caffeine to help you lift
What kind of a sissy are you? You don't even have the energy of your own to help you lift? And yeah caffeine isn't exactly good for you, especially when you regularly drink 3-4 cups a day like that one guy in this thread

Black coffee is healthier than with milk/creamer and sugar
>jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/jn.109.113027v1

Caffeine can help prevent depression (depression lowers test)
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15635355

Moderate dose of caffeine is ergogenic and better for sports performance
>dx.doi.org/10.1139/apnm-2016-0053

Coffee is a better stimulant than caffeine for strength athletes
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26890974

Coffee with EGCG (green tea extract) speeds up fat loss (lower fat = higher test), increases energy burn 158kcal
>doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000001277
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16176615

Lactic acid with caffeine increases athlete muscle growth
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25571987

Caffeine makes triathletes faster
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23578950

Caffeine increases glucose uptake during workout
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10956354

Caffeine can enhance resistance training and decrease DOMS
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24164961

Caffeine and tea phenols can burn fat well together
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10584049

Caffeine makes exercise more enjoyable
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21605608

Caffeine can improve endurance and performance regardless of fitness level
>online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jcr.2011.0022

Caffeine improves grip strength
>dx.doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181d9901f

Caffeine + carnitine can boost endurance
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11922111

Caffeine improves fat burning after strength training
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21297558

Creatine + caffeine works well for all explosive sports
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21207054

Carbs + caffeine speeds up post-training muscle recovery
>jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/105/1/7

Caffeine is better for slimming than green tea or tyrosine
>nature.com/ejcn/journal/v63/n1/abs/1602901a.html

>it gives you a false sense of energy.

Caffeine before training raises test level
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18458357

plus other unique references here
>examine.com/supplements/caffeine/
>examine.com/supplements/coffee/

it also reduces erectile dysfunction
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150520082621.htm

caffeine protects against alzheimers/dementia, and even reverses it in the elderly

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22430531
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21422521
>pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp201383y
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19581722
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19581723
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18387175
>journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0123547

No , I don't lift at all because I don't fucking care about muh physique , I swim , run bike and do calisthenics because the fun I get from those is directly from the act itself and not from the outward validation I get from my peer & the mirror .

what's the best way to get caffeine? generally I dont really like coffee and on pretty much every instant coffee mix they dont state the amount of caffeine in it

how much caffeine is there in a tea spoon of coffee?

are caffeine pills worth taking before the gym?

KEK

Might I believe I've read about caffeine increasing cortisol and it's really a fairly mild increase, and it can be primarily negated by not using excessive doses and scheduling your dose of caffeine instead of just downing a dose of caffeine whenever you feel like it

Caffeine pills are cheap and easy, just don't OD on them. I don't have the screencap, but some user OD'd on DIY caffeine pills that he capped from powder he ordered from Alibaba and managed to survive (barely). Just get the Walmart brand.

I will pick these up later

bulkpowders.co.uk/caffeine-tablets.html

how's 200mg for a dose if i just use before a workout and dont use on my off days?

is there a waiting period before the caffeine hits my system?

also do you know if there is a period of how quick your body absorbs the caffeine how long it can stay in your system?

>how's 200mg for a dose if i just use before a workout and dont use on my off days?
About 2 cups of coffee worth, it's fine.
>is there a waiting period before the caffeine hits my system?
15 minutes or so.
>also do you know if there is a period of how quick your body absorbs the caffeine how long it can stay in your system?
No clue

cheers bro

this video says caffeine isnt so great for weightlifting but surely if it gives you an energy boost it would improve your performance?