Is/was your father a man?

Alright /fit: we have a “was your grandfather a man” thread, but the focus here is on the most important male figure most of us will ever have, a figure whose absence is statistically proven to set you up for failure from the beginning. Veeky Forums, is, or was, your father a man?

My father
>fitter and machinist his whole life, working in power station maintenance
>amazing mechanic
>slew heaps of pussy in his youth and since relationship with Mum failed
>fit and lean, always trained hard, one of the few Australian men who legitimately were exceptional footballers before being ruined by injury
>was so good that his small country town still remembers his name, he still holds records in track and field at his old school to this day, everyone I’ve ever met from his town will say either “he was the best footballer I’ve ever seen” or “he’s always he the best integrity of anyone I’ve ever known” as the first words they speak of him
>stayed with my mentally ill mother despite constant abuse for many years, showing the patience of a saint as he tried to fix her, blaming himself for her problems
>doesn’t even train now and is still leaner and stronger than most of Veeky Forums due to a life of physical labour

My father is a fat balding gigamanlet (1.60 m) CEO of a multimuilion dollar company. So, no he isn't a man.

I inherited all his shit genes (I'm 1,70m and balding at 20) and he divorced my mom so I don't even have the money benefits and had to grow up with a poor single mom.

I think about suicide every day. If you're a Manlet please don't reproduce.

>former prison guard and current small businessman
>fucked around in his youth
>side hoe wins a green card
>Hastalavistamifamilia.png
>fucks off for 10 years to make money
>drives a truck destroying his lowerback in the process
>comes back and wastes literal millions on a house for his wife's family
>plus a pizza joint that never really kicks off

Overall waste of a life. Didn't accomplish anything worthwhile and got cucked into being a manservant for some random people.

>dad was hs linebacker
>only 5'9 or so but stout and strong as shit
>master mechanic, could fix literally anything
>taught me all about manual labor
>taught me how to play football
>taught me how to fight and not put up with peoples shit
>sat me down and told me he didnt want to waste my time talking about sex, just that i had better always always always strap my shit or else

on to the bad...

>he was always a very heavy drinker
>turned crazy but never violent when he was drunk
>got into drugs
>would disappear for weeks at a time
>stole money from my piggy bank and pawned off our electronics
>sold off classic car we were supposed to work on together for drugs
>never took care of himself
>got stomach cancer and rotted away until he was a bag of bones and finally died

I guess even considering the good, he was a pretty bad dad

>was a sailor, laborer, taxi driver and after returning to college late in life, got into IT
>Trained from child, built as fuck - 6ft 230lbs, think Mike Tyson build
>Super aggressive - as a child saw him have multiple fights, including one with his brother where he was stabbed in the neck and still fucked his brother up... they made up a week later.
>Started acting strangly
>mfw schizophrenic
>family abandoned him because an aggressive schizophrenic is not really fun to be around
>got cancer
>beat cancer
>suicide aged 56

Yeah, I'd say he was a man for a large part of his life. It's strange though, he made out like he was an invincible badass that nobody could fuck with, and yet he committed suicide.

Even the toughest among us are lost.

>father died within a year when i was born, country was also being bombed
>stepfather witnessed his father die from cancer while he was slowly turned into a skeleton
>he attributes weight loss to disease now and is overweight

Appreciate your father more fit.

Serbian?

I think so
>Mom's a pill-addicted narcissist
>Dad didn't give a fuck
>Poor as shit
>Walked himself to and from baseball practice. No one ever came to his games
>His 3 siblings are pieces of shit as well. An alcoholic, a gambling addict, and a pill addict
>Despite everything, becomes one of those dudes that's literally good at whatever he tries
>Puts himself through school, becomes the best thermostat salesman at Honeywell, goes back to law school because who tf wants to be a thermostat salesman
>Graduates Summa Cum Laude, has become one of the most respected lawyers in state
>5'10", probably 200 lbs w/ wide as fuck shoulders and arms are big as my thighs
>His entire side of the family is still completely fucking worthless, and just leeches off of him.
>He puts up with them with dedication I'll never understand.

Dad's pretty alpha. It's too bad that him and I are both aloof as fuck. It's like we can't bridge this gap between us even though we're basically the same person.

>dad physically manly as fuck
>6'3, at least 240lbs, musclefat
>beard and full head of hair at 55
>apparently handsome, when i was younger playing soccer one of the moms came up and said to me "is that handsome man your father?" then went and talked to him
>mentally though he's not anymore; hardly ever talks to anybody, has maybe 2 friends, divorced from my mom. goes to work, comes home, watches tv, repeat
i think his brain is fried from smoking too much weed in his youth

Serbia was never really bombed methinks

My grandfather on my mom's side was a pilot who's pretty wealthy but ditched my family to start another one, he's also a Latino manlet
My grandfather on my dad's side is an even smaller latino manlet who died of cancer, also I never knew him cause his wife and son for some reason decided to border hop the u.s. and left him behind when my dad was really young
I sure hope that cancer isnt genetically related
My dad is a druggie deadbeat manlet who decided to convert to Islam to prevent his drug habit or something
Also Ive only ever seen him once in my life
At 5'9 I'm like the tallest person in my family lmao
Also my family is pretty small in frame
Fuck me

He is a good man, he took care of my sister and I.

But my Dad didnt stand up for me when i called my mom on her bullshit and she hit me. I lost a lot of respect for him

>my father is from Mexico from a family of 8 siblings
>worked his ass off from age 10, mowing grass, collecting bottles, working for restaurants
>his defining childhood memory was being in a street fight against two kids at the same time from his neigborhood
>he kicked their ass, verified by all of his old friends and neighbors who still live in Mexico
>worked as a bartender and newspaper delivery driver using a company van as an adult
>would walk up to 10 miles to work everyday
>emigrated to the US in his mid twenties, not knowing a word of English
>worked multiple jobs in the restaurant industry and construction, usually having 2 at a time
>I've seen him get into many fights as a child and every time he whooped everyone's ass
>strong as fuck, works harder than anyone I've ever met
>now successful, fluent English speaker, US citizen

So proud of my pops

I will never be half the man my dad is/was
>Born in the middle of civil war
>Grew up on one of the most dangerous streets in the country, literally the street separating the 2 battle fronts
> They had to put a cover everytime they needed to cross the street because of sniper (he's been shot)
>Had to work since he was 5, had to quit school at grade 3 (big family & poor af)
> Worked everything, literally all manual labor jobs you can think of
> Saved enough money to open his own store (woodwork), his store gets bombed destroying all the equipment that took him years to buy
> Doesn't give up, married the girl he loves (mom), leaves country
> Absolute madman, barely spoke the language and was broke af
> Has 3 kids
> Work the shittiest job an immigrant could work (dish washer, sell shit on the street), would wake up 5 am and come back home at 7 pm
> He then starts working at small grocery store, saves enough money to buy it from owner (took 10 fuckin years)
> Would always tell me that he had always wanted to be a doctor or an engineer had the circumstances allowed it
>tells me that I should focus on my education, that our society needs well educated people
> "user, you don't know how lucky you are to be born at this time. You have a golden opportunity, you can become something in life, you don't have to go through what I had to, please son focus on your education"
> He would say this in the saddest tone, it struck me deep in my heart
> Fast forward 22 years, I graduated engineering
>when I got my first job he had the biggest smile. Catch him bragging about me at his store all the time
God bless my dad.

>from being in a broken and poor family, he had great success and works as an engineer
>built a stable family in his early 20s, now 3 kids
>peaceful always, never does decisions out of anger
>drives me to success no matter the path I choose
>built af upper body despite not lifting in years
Thats a real man and real success in my eyes.

My father was a U.S. Marine Corps infantry company commander in the second gulf war. I attended Marine OCS in order to follow his legacy but my lung collapsed in training.

>you will never know this feel of letting your father down and carrying it into eternity

>didn't know, heard he was a drug dealer
>was banging a Stacy who dropped out of school at my age
>is banging a girl younger than me and hotter than my ex-wife
>has 4-5 kids to three different women

Was riding motorbikes across Siberia at age 16 with his gf. I was a pathetic retard at that age (still am).

Do you guys ever look at someone else's accomplishments at/before your age and feel sick at how badly you compare?

My father died when i was 2 but I wouldnt label myself a failure.

>one shot at life
>"boohoo, i'm short. i don't wanna live."

Life is a mix of suffering and good things, friend. Own it.

My father had a really fucked up childhood and I only learned so in my 20s

I don't know how he went from this to loving family man

>tfw have a great and lovning father
>he is not my biological father

My father is an old lazy and disorganised sack of shit who is greedy as fuck, works 24/7 a job that hardly earns him any money (he got a shit ton of money from selling family land and going to court with a shit ton of people) in spite of having literally no reason to work that much. He leaves at lik 8 am and comes back at 10pm, no wonder he couldn't keep the family together and my mom is leaving him (don't get the impression that my mother is any better however, she is just as bad but kind of the opposite of him).

Loving *

>Lived in ussr
>served in caucasus mountains(ussr army)... >Told a lot of stories about subhumans for example that for tadjiks first pick would be white goat instead of women and shit like that
>Now is kind of fat but works in construction

was in the military

>Works hard
>Loving but strict and can occasionally be an asshole
>DYEL geek in his youth
>Lived in the countryside so /out/
>Changed when he got first kid
>Gym first thing in the morning every weekday
>Runs 2 (metric) miles like nothing
>Bicycles to work every day even in winter

As the oldest child it's gonna be hard to carry on that legacy

>Was executive
>Hated all his coworkers because they were degenerates
>Becomes a devout Christian
>marries my mum
>has 7 kids
>rides a motorbike
>had his most recent kid aged 55.
>still has all his hair, not grey yet
>he's basically my hero
So yeah

show you skin palette. also height?

My father
>sold cocaine by the kilo
>made friends with Russian immigrants to get his hands on russian guns
>once beat a man to death over 250 USD
>fucked a different woman every week
>got blackout drunk and cried twice a month
>had schizophrenia at worst and manic depressive episodes at best
>once won a chili burger eating contest
>only drove classic cars
>before selling drugs/guns/illicit goods he was a roofer
>could out bench my mothers brother (his best friend)
>loved tetris, hated Pac-Man
>killed himself cause he couldn't take it anymore or
>may have been murdered by a cop

This is all I know of him. These are the truths I learned from my uncle, my father's brothers, my father's parents, my mother, and various police reports

>dad was a all star quarterback in highschool
>bought a house in a suburbs of Chicago
>married my mom, a leggy redhead
>constantly complains about his job at the mall
>spends all his free time at the nudie bar
>hates our neighbors
>bitches that my mother never cooks
>bitches that my mother wants sex all the time
>constantly has his hand down his pants
>favorite room in the house is that bathroom

I love him, but if I gotta hear how he scored three touchdowns in a single game one more time I'm moving out

my dad
>married and had a kid with a mulatto who was 5'3"
>got divorced when i was 2, don't really know the details, so i could barely be raised by the mother who worked all the time
>fat
>desk jockey
>atheist
>is apparently more autistic than i am, talking to him irl or over the phone is a painful litany of questions mixed with a lecture, which he summarizes back at me before he hangs up

I'd be pic related if I didn't have God

My dad is a junkie and I'm already ahead of him at age 20

Not sure.
>applied to army as an officer in his youth
>dropped out after like five months lmao
>but still a huge collection of military stuff
>"christian", authoritative, traditional mindset
>workes an office job, long hours
>doesn't like to spend money, very frugal, paid for the education of his kids, I honor that
>wages psychological warfare on my mum if he's in a bad mood, gaslighting etc, he might have undiagnosed psychological problems, I feel quite sorry for her
>DYEL, only ever goes on walks
All my siblings (including me) are either bad with women, repressed/latent homosexuals, won't have kids out of choice, or a combination of those.
I'm not sure if he'll ever have grandkids.

You will never move out, bud.

My dad is a Boomer, so no.

>Farm boy, worked super hard baling hay etc.
>Hunted, fished, did trapping
>Holds wrestling records, also never pinned
>Air Force 4 years
>Broke his leg then went to work the next day on it because a man shouldn't complain
Real man's man
Also
>Had me out of wedlock, stuck around and married
Then he got me, a risk averse, anxious bitch who hated hunting, sports, fishing etc as a kid
I'd kys myself if I didn't think it would make him feel even worse

I'm conflicted.

>swam in pussy when a teenager from what I heard
>for conscript period, qualified for special forces training, but decided to be a chef instead
>made boats for his uncle before making me
>started selling stuff and never stopped
>has sold books, TVs, coffee machines, vacation homes
>took a huge loan to buy prime land in Greece before the economy crashed and the Greeks nationalised the plot
>have almost no savings after having spent it all on vacations with his wife and her children and me
>currently shilling an MLM and preaching the gospel of Rich Dad Poor Dad
>used to be proud of me for getting a Master's degree and then a consultant, but now does not respect me because I work for someone else
>seems single-mindedly focused on making money and only occasionally plays golf

I'm inclined to think not, which makes me feel funny since it doesn't seem he respects me.

My grandfathers and father were all heavily involved in the Troubles in Northern Ireland, fighting against the IRA. People getting bombed and shot at was a daily occurence.

So they're pretty hard.

My dad was a drunk who left when I was 12.

>heavy drinker and alcoholic
>in chronic pain and quick-tempered
>beat up my mum multiple times to the point where she had to be hospitalised
>90s, cops don't give a shit about domestic violence
>beat me up as well, but I got a better deal than mum
>couldn't do much since I was really young, always had to call my grandparents whenever he went into a drunken frenzy
>parents divorce when I'm 8, he has the audacity to sue for alimony
>judge denies it, thankfuckingchrist
>terrorises me and my mum for a couple of years by slashing the tyres of our car, stalking us, calling my school, trying to break into our house with an actual axe
>cops still don't give much of a fuck
>stole 30.000 € in life insurance that my parents made for me, again got away scot-free
>get christmas card one day reading "The alcohol made me do it, that wasn't me"

fast forward a couple of years

>he's on his own, has no friends or family left except for my grandfather
>his health is declining due to years of alcohol abuse and smoking
>loses his benefits because he refuses treatment for his chronic pain and because doesn't apply for jobs
>he's on social security now, bare mininum
>me and mum are doing great, currently finishing law school

Hope that cunt rots in hell. He was lucky I was still a child when he pulled off all of that shit or otherwise he would've been dead.

Dad has, like, 2 gold crosses from when he was a lieutenant (country has an insurgency problem. If you're newly commissioned, you usually get sent to the field. So lots of young officers die there). He was poor, so he finished school through scholarships. Was a topnotcher on the board exams at 19.

Great-grandpa was an officer in the USAFFE. He was also a boxer when he was a teenager, and he finished an civil engg degree on an athletic scholarship.

Great, great-grandpa was a runner. He ran barefoot and ran after a horse for training.

>bosnian serb war veteran
>has a big company
>caught a burglar that broke into out flat
>smashed his face in and a couple of ribs
>thrown him down a pair of stairs and jumped on his stomach
>knocked out a couple of people
>been on probation since god knows when
he has been fat since he was shot in war and was in bed for a couple of months,but he is really tall and strong

dad was in prison since i was 6 and before that, he left me and my mom.
he got out when i was 17 but that's the last i heard of him and i hope to never hear more.

great grandfather: (189? - 1920/1930)
>he was a captain of a whaling ship, always out on the sea,
>one day disappeared in the high seas and never came back, most likely dead in a storm
>leaving my grandfather to take care of his wife and other kids
Gramps (1920 - 1990)
>grow up poor in the countryside, but was very good in school
>speaks 4 languages and did judo in tokyo univeristy, imperial jap military training etc
>gets sent to manchuria to work for imperial Japan during WW2
>realizes they lost the war half way through placement
>comes back to countryside and open printing store.
>drink a lot of booze due to stress lel
>raise my dad and his 5 other siblings
Pa: (1955 -present)
>regular lad played baseball and swimming in highschool
>get PhD in physics, always working
>he didn't really like me playing sports at first, saying i need t ostudy lel

me: (1993-present)
>played a lot of rugby and footy in highschool
>get fat in university +20 pounds lol
>lose it all over 4 months of running 10k every morning
>training for boxing match in summer (lightweight/welterweight)
>tfw i should be a whaling ship captain

He was a thief and a drug courier that did it to fund his addictions. He was a very selfish man until he lost it all, now he's trying to get back into my life.

dont let him in, junkies dont quit, they only rest until the opportune moment.

>One of those smart but lazy suburbanites as a kid.
>smokes and sells weed during high school
>marries my mother
>has me and my sister
>becomes an architect
>fucks and eventually marry his secretary
>absolute cunt
>I spend 5 years living there, she verbally abuses me every single day
>dad turns a blind eye because New England Catholic suburbanite, problems are to be bottled up and suppressed
>weak upper-middle class holier-than-thou piece of shit who has always run from his problems
>catsinthecradle.jpg

If anything, he has motivated me to always strive for integrity and honor, because I refuse to let myself be as weak as he is. Greatest day of my life was when my mother once said to me "You've become the man your father pretends to be."

I've already started giving him another chance. He's still an addict but getting his drugs prescribed from the state. He lived a hard life, no doubt but the selfishness is still there. I'm just not at all phased by the sob stories now.

Please user, I'm trying real hard to become clean

He cucked my mom so i guess yes.

My father always worked manual labor jobs, never rich. He worked out everyday and was the biggest dad at school. My friends would call him "arnie" because he had a huge chest and arms and a short haircut. He had guns and taught us kids how to shoot. He drove a shitty old car but did all the mechanical work himself including a couple of engine swaps. He always encouraged me to stand up for myself. He enrolled me in tae kwon do and boxing, but i was too beta a child to stick with it. Im older now and can appreciate him for the man he is.

Good for you man, keep it up. You've got this.

god damn if that wasn't the best sitcom of all time, with all the sjws and feminists around today, there's not a chance in hell that show would air today

Thanks brah, tobacco free, booze free and acid free, just need to ditch weed and caffeine now. It sucks when you get addicted to anything that makes you feel good

My dad left when i was born so i was raised by my mother and her then husband.
New guy was a real straight up dude i called him dad and he was a navy seal. Hardcore guy, pretty big (probably not natty) trained bjj and raised me not to be a pussy. If i would try to do something and give up as a kid he would force me through it even if i cried. He knew how to raise a man not to be a girl. He was a nice guy too used to smile and joke around a lot.

Im glad he raised me and not real dad. Real dad is a cool guy but hes not as strong or manly

Fuck yeah man, you're doing great. I made it just over 6 months booze-free, but then Christmas happened and I was all alone yet again, and I fell off the wagon pretty hard.

Here's to beating my high score in 2018. We're all going to make it.

I've had one drink in 2017. What really helped me was hanging out with drunks and realizing how fucking retarded they are. It gets to the point where they make me aggressive now

>>when I got my first job he had the biggest smile

Damn I want to know this feel.

>>bitches that my mother wants sex all the time
is your dad gay?

You have GOT to read "My Struggle" by Karl Ove Knausgård. His dad was not as bad as yours, but damn it's still an uncanny resemblance.

This my father exactly only minus the weed and is 6'4 so not a manlet like yours

>oldest of 4 siblings, always getting his brothers out of trouble
>moved out as soon as he could, paying his way through school even though he didn't finish
>highly skilled painter and carpenter, still one of the best craftsman I can think of
>had a stint when he was young driving around the country for the hell of it doing odd jobs to make some cash before moving on
>always was pretty solitary, would just sit at home and read but can still converse like a social butterfly
>always been entrepenurial
His biggest flaw has always been alcohol, especially when i was young and money was tight. He's never been very good with money but at the end of the day he always seems to pull through and do the best he can

>dad overcomes being gigamanlet, earns millions and has a wife and son
>son is taller but uses height as an excuse

also you didn't get baldness from him, male baldness comes from the maternal DNA.

> multi-millionaire private equity
> massive player, cheated on my mum loads
> divorced my mum when I was 12
> I was so pissed off I didn’t see him for five years
> find out I now have a half brother via his new wife
> kind of want to see half brother
> decide to start chatting to him again
> I was such a loser, overweight, shit at school etc.
> he takes me running and gets me to study
> become aesthetic, start lifting and start to slay pussy
> get really good grades
> get into top five uni for my country
> he teaches me loads about finance
> get a job offer from a major financial institution
> he tells me that if I do four years there then go to business school somewhere good (any of Stanford, Harvard, Oxford or LSE) he’ll give me enough money to set up my own firm

He literally changed my life around and set me up for good I owe this man everything.

No, he's a soyboy and never really taught me anything tbqhwy

Fuck you, dad

My father is a pretty fit looking, hard working man and honestly the smartest guy I know. I really look up to him.

I dont know exactly what my father did, but he was kind of a farmer, very strong and with tons of energy, so yes he was a real old-style man, quite the opposite of modern "men" (i.e hipsters)
he killed himself when I was 2 years old though

Lmao useless beaner.

My dad

>mentally and emotionally abusive
>Drug addict
>threatened to castrate and kill me as a kid if I ever cheated on whatever girl I met
>needy emotional wreck
>never taught me anything of value
>literally stole my bikes and video games to pay for his drug addiction
>took me out of baseball because he hated the way the coach tried to discipline me
>gave me a super twisted view on romantic relationships by saying they were terrible and to never pursue one
>had me legitimately terrified of ever pursuing a relationship

My Older Brother

>Not actual blood related but I wouldn't call him anything else
>basically adopted me as one of his own
>taught me how to present myself and have confidence
>basically did everything that old pops did wrong, right for me
>taught me all of the basics of manhood
>protective of me, probably hates my dad
>dad has gotten a lot better, but he's unironically jealous of this guy

I've forgiven my dad for the most part but I'll never look up to him like he wants me to.

My dad:

>Air Force right after high school
>did his 4 years
>then put himself through college and grad school, basically surviving on bologna sandwiches
>got decent paying jobs, eventually ended up being a history professor at the college he went to
>never fat, but never lifted. Lots of consistent cardio
I definitely see him as a man. He spent his entire life working, and is now retired from the university. He made it far and made a great deal of money. Has a gf he never wants to marry lol. He’s always been there for my brother and I.

I fucking love my dad.