Post essays (etc) related to lifting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RBlXN35oS9E
nattyornot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/A-Haters-Synthesis-Last-Edit.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Henry Rollins - Iron and The Soul

Yukio Mishima - Sun and Steel

lifting heavy things isnt worth studying

inb4 stupid white nationalist / ancient roman / viking / blood and soil meme shit

youtube.com/watch?v=RBlXN35oS9E

nattyornot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/A-Haters-Synthesis-Last-Edit.pdf

hey look i actually posted something

shut up faggot

>Reading anything by Henry "Turbomanlet" Rollins

ftw you realize the guy lecturing you about masculinity and white genocide is a morbidly obese obese neckbeard javascript developer with a jewish wife

Englishlet here.(2nd language)
I can talk and understand English good but once i start reading an English book i don't understand most of it because of long words therefore i as an intellectual lack and suffer in both capabilities of reading and writing.
Any good ways to expand vocabulary?

Start small, read kids books like Redwall or Road Dahl

Look into young adult fiction. Generally passable plots but they seem to use smaller words. Cuz kids is dumb.

Nietzsche is required /fitlit/ reading. I'd recommend starting with Beyond Good and Evil, it is probably his most polemic and therefore entertaining work.

would you recommend it to someone who isnt that intelligent

serious question

Try some core high school classics like Catcher in the Rye or Vonnegut and work your way up from there.

It is the cure for a modern life gone soft. It is totally worth studying.

If it makes you feel better, that post tells me you know English better than most English-speakers.

this shit was actually interesting to read. thanks user.

>hates guys who work out for vain reasons
>be the tryhardiest tryhard to ever tryhard

Das it mane

Currently reading Ralph Waldo Emerson and Voltaire, yes I am an Ameriboo

lol so fucking random seeing this book here. of course i never meet any real spiritual ppl irl but i see one on Veeky Forums. good luck on your journey, were all gonna make it brah.

Checked, universe is with you, we're all gonna make it space cowboy

>yes I am an Ameriboo

It's okay user, you're not alone

Nietzsche is ONLY recommended for people who aren't that intelligent desu

I'm just gonna dump some good reads. If there's interest, I'll provide more with better organization.

Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami (I CANNOT PHYSICALLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK ENOUGH)
Fight club - Chuck palahnuik
The road - Cormac McCarthy
Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance - Robert m pirsig
Meditations - Marcus Aurelius
This spoke zarathustra - Nietzsche
The republic - Plato
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist - Sunil yapa
Alas, Babylon - idk
Fatherland - ??? Harris
Starship troopers - ??? Henlein
The dispossessed - ursela Le guin
Anything by Hemingway
Rime of the ancient Mariner - Coleridge
A brave New world - Aldous Huxley
1984 or Animal Farm - George Orwell
Enders game - Orson Scott card
World War Z - max Brooks
Anything by Jack London
The watchmen (yes, it's a graphic novel)
The Kingkiller Chronicles - Patrick rothfuss (I think?)
The black prism - Brent weeks
Night angle trilogy - Brent weeks
Neverland - Neil Gaiman
The illiad - Homer
Siddhartha - fuck I should know this

Just a few off the top of my head. Sorry if I got names wrong. Not all are directly related to Veeky Forums but I think you guys will like them. Lemme know if you want more

Fuck I forgot Ayn Rand. Read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Also infinite jest but only if you're a depressed faggot

Literally nothing you listed is worth reading.

i read kafka on the shore once but I didn't really understand it especially with its dreamish and surreal settings. Am I just a brainlet or what? What are the themes and message of the book?

I wish i had the Clark Kent asthetic :^(

You sound like a pretentious twat who's just checking off a list of books you think you 'should' read. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance AND Plato? And then Ayn Rand? Sheesh it's almost as if you didn't read the books or you're a brainlet who didn't understand the point otherwise why tf would you recommend these together.

Murakami is the Japanese Vonnegut. Probably the most overrated author in his culture. If you want to read something by him that’s possibly coherent, try Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End fo the World.

Enoch is pretty big brained though. At least Sven is handsome.

>/fitlit/ thread
>shills Veeky Forums memes on Veeky Forums
>mfw

Or maybe I think people should get to look at both sides before I cram my opinion down their throats.

lol no just another Rand fanboy trying to disguise myself, congrats you blew my cover

accurate

> thread called /fitlit/
> both Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are meme circlejerks
> expects non-meme answers

I read Lolita for the first time earlier this year, and I’ve reread it twice now. I’d recommend it to y’all

Nihilism BTFO

>give the retard benefit of the doubt
aaaaand no

u r retarded

The Road was decent, Siddartha was nice and Meditations is GOAT

Guaranteed that this guy is an overcompensating brainlet reading all these meme books

Siddartha is by Herman Hesse

>I can talk and understand English good
I can talk and understand English *well*, my dear.

I was expecting it to at least be Veeky Forums-related. Can u no a reading comprehension

Ok so user is confirmed brainlet but lets at least acknowledge how retarded he is. Half these books are scifi/fantasy that make the post seem longer than it is. We know your jew tricks user

Fuck you're trying really hard aren't you?

I just read Blood Meridian and All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy. I wouldn't necessarily say they're related to lifting but they do examine some of that good philosophical shit and the style is pretty great. I dunno. They're good books. Fuckin' read 'em