Should I lift before bedtime or upon waking up?

Hey Veeky Forums , 100% noob here. I just bought my first pair of dumbbells and about to start lifting. Should I lift before I got to bed (tired after work) or upon waking up?

Appreciate any newbie tips.

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/302085-how-does-testosterone-vary-during-the-day/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You recover in sleep, would you rather spend your day having used up a huge amount of energy or use up what little you have left at the end of the day?

I favour work out before sleep by about an hour, when the adrenaline drop kicks in I pass out.

Do it while you're sleeping

Neither is a very good option, but I would do it in the morning just because your test is the highest it will be in the entire day.

T H I S
H
I
S

Just me personally, I hate lifting in the morning before work. I'm still groggy and my whole body just feels "tight".

This will crash your t for the rest of the day and inhibit recovery

Read the sticky, you have much more to worry about than the time of day you lift, it really doesnt matter just make sure you have energy, coffee helps.
Also dumbells wont do shit, get a gym membership or at least get a pullup bar.
Learn the basics about nutrition avoid memes like IF and keto on you first year.
Dont expect to look like you lift and for people to notice your body is changing in the first 8 months, just keep going.
Have fun

It depends. If you wake up energized and get more tired throughout the day, workout in the morning. If you wake up tired and get energized throughout the day, workout at night.

what? I thought lifting increases your t. Also, if you do it before bed, you have now wasted all that time you should have spent wolfing down protein to make those gains.

>Also dumbells wont do shit
Wot? Are you a fucking rtard or just one of those studpid memers who talk about squats but don't actually lift?

Test is actually highest closer to the end of the day.

Dumbbells are better for hypertrophy than barbells.

As a newbie it matters more that you're actually exercising rather than when you do it.

I do it first thing in the morning so I have it out of the way.

hah, now I know that's not true.
livestrong.com/article/302085-how-does-testosterone-vary-during-the-day/

there was some study about marathoners where they compared evening exercise vs. morning exercise and it generally agreed that exercising in the evening felt easier and they had faster times as opposed to morning

too drunk to source but food for thought at the very least

Appreciate the inputs, Veeky Forumsbros

Thanks, man.
Actually reading the sticky and Harsh's Worksheet right now.

Don't worry about it. You won't be making any gains either way.

>a skinny fat begginer will get jacked by doing 5lbs lateral raises and 35lbs dumbell presses I see bradley martyn do these all the time I know.

If you dont understand the basics of building a strength base and how accessories work dont fuck over someone new asking for advice.

I'm neet and have a home gym, so I usually just workout for about 15 minutes out of every hour. I space it out over the day and just keep a pump all day long.

>strength
Yep you're a squat meme fag.

>squat meme fag
hows your first week on this board?

Hows your gain... oh wait lmao

>you recover in your sleep

What the fuck do you think happens when you sleep then? I can literally go to sleep feeling like death and I’ll wake up With the health of a newborn baby.