Recently diagnosed with Marfans Syndrome

So Veeky Forums if I continue lifting there's a chance my heart could explode in my chest. Lifting is one of the only reasons why I wake up anymore. Should I just keep lifting knowing that I could die suddenly at any moment or should I just quit and I find another source of fulfilment?

talk to a medical professional

/thread

I did talk to a medical professional
he told me after telling me the diagnosis that lifting "heavy" could potentially burst my ascending aorta along with high intensity sports

>should i continue doing the one thing that keeps me ging
Fucking yes
If it was me personally, i'd continue
I'd rather die doing what i love, than not doing it at all

invest time and money into biohacking and fix yourself my mate. Nowadays if you've got enough money you can fix pretty much anything.

>hurt durr I love eating so I'm going to eat myself to death
What a dangerous short sighted unnecessary dichotomy. Just because its his only reason now doesn't mean that's the only way it can ever be...
OP, keep lifting, not "heavy" doesn't mean it can't be challenging.
And also find some other thing to sink your passion into

At least you are not a manlet

Could you at least do bodyweight?

kek so are you from mars or someth op?

Talk to a good cardiologist with experience in sports medicine. Get an echocardiogram to measure the dilatation, if any, of the aortic wall. Just because you have Marfans doesn't mean your aorta is fucked up. Go from there.

How did they diagnose you?
t. Paranoid lanklet

I have that. Got diagnosed 6 years ago when I was about 6 months into lifting. I had my ascending aorta repaired in 2012.

My advice to you...it’s going to be hard, but don’t continue lifting. Get into jogging or something. I can still run and do aerobic stuff. It will never make me as aesthetic, but it’s healthy and there’s nothing like a runners high.

If lifting causes you to die then it is no longer a healthy activity.

There are no plates, gym bros or mires two feet under, user.

Not worth it. Ask your doctor about the intensity of physical activity you can safely pursue.

Lanklets btfo

Lift, but roid. Make every lift count x4

How tall are you? What body type do you have? Hand pic?

This basically.

Friend has Marfan's and lifts heavy in the gym and as part of work.

He did have a collapsed lung (quite common with Marfan's) but is fine now.

The aorta thing can happen at any time, but is still pretty rare even with Marfan's.

Get it checked, and enjoy your life. Stop worrying all the time, as that's more likely to put stress on your cardio system and kill you than any lifting ever will.

>dying doing what you love
user most people will never get to experience something so spectacular. Take advantage, besides I doubt itll happen they just say that to scare you

Just roid for muscle, its hardly going to make your health worse but you'll still be big without lifting.

kek
Ignore this imbecile.

I’m always so impressed by how grounded and wise the advice on this board is.

Wondering this as well. Do tell, OP.

Genetic testing, family history, and I show several of the symptoms apparently