Other urls found in this thread:

nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/risk-red-meat
webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-lower-cholesterol-risk
bayesianbodybuilding.com/cholesterol-anabolic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>actually believing that retarded """doctor""" on JRE

neck yourself

Keep eating that soy though.

The science points to soy in moderate amounts not having any effects on sex hormones in men. Also, soy is not the only other food than meat you fucking brainlet.

Relax. Eat your soy if you want. I will never touch it.

Read up Stefasson experiment which was conducted for a year on mayo clinic and which follow up was written out by head of physiology in Columbia university.
> The Fat of the Land

Bump

I've been eating a lot more meat recently and have gotten a lot stronger in the gym and feel better overall. My morning wood is diamonds and I'm more horny than before. Maybe I'll actually go full carnivore and see what happens.

no thanx.

>eating my morning onion salad
>1/2 cup kale
>2 cups red leaf lettuce
>4 cups iceburg lettuce
>2 stalks of celery, diced
>3 oz baked chicken
>1 whole avocado
>1/3 cup small red beans
>3 medium onions, diced
>2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
>150g of refrigerated boiled potato

Geez! Is pooping your favorite?

t.7gr of protein per meal
>vegan gainz, r-right guys?

Iceberg lettuce???????????

3oz of baked chicken has like 25g
5+g from beans as well
a few g from avocado
5 more from the onions and 5ish more from the potato and around 5-8g from the leaves
So like 40 in this meal. enough carbs and plenty of vitamins/minerals
yeah because its cheap af and still fairly nutritious per calories

I do chicken and fish, but fuck no to red meat. That shit is legit bad for you.

I don't know if I can do full carnivore, still been eating a little bit of plants. But, I dropped all sugar, pasta, bread, and nearly all fruits and veggies. A week in now, and I feel pretty good.

What can I do for cold lunches to bring to the office?

>it's what made humans evolve into the most intelligent species
>but "that shit is legit bad for you"

I’m not dietary advice from some anime addicted 19 yo know-it-all dyel on a Taiwanese image board.

Red meat is linked to cancer and other health issues. Keep gulping it down. I’m sure you’ll look like Rich no time. Until then Jeff I’ll stick to shit that flies and swims.

>Red meat is linked to cancer and other health issues
it's really not

>it's what made humans evolve into the
This nigga really thinks evolution works like Pokemon

The best I've ever felt was for about two weeks I would fast all day then at 4:00pm eat a 20oz rare steak for an early dinner.

I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Hmmm who should I believe... hmmmm the decision is hard. A teenager, or the National Institute for Health?

Damn I can’t decide :(

A teenager or Harvard scientists.

nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/risk-red-meat

You know, I think I’ll stick with actual science and not bro science. Sorry, kid you lose. Now run along back to CoD and team kill some more Christmas noobs.

Well done, user. Well done.
HOWEVER

>But most of these studies were done over limited periods of time, had design flaws, or were done in populations with diets other than that of the typical American.

>Since this was an observational study in which people reported their own food intake, it's possible that the associations seen may be due to other factors. When the researchers accounted for known risk factors in red meat—like saturated fat, dietary cholesterol and iron—they still couldn't account for all of the risk associated with eating red meat. Other mechanisms may be involved, or other unknown factors may affect the results. Further study will be needed to fully understand the connection between red meat consumption and health.

There’s more than one study on the effects of red meat on human health. You can google till your hearts content and read study after study.

After college wrestling I put on weight. I decided to get checked. My cholesterol was through the roof. My doc said I was on the road to heart attack.

I cut out red meat completely. Within 6 months my cholesterol dropped and I was back down to my original weight. Now, I stick with chicken, turkey, fish.

No ones telling you, you CAN’T eat red meat. But, to deny the truth that it’s not healthy for you is to be disingenuous. Maybe eating a steak or a burge once in a while isn’t going to give to cancer. But, a long and consistent diet of that shit is going to affect your health in the long run.

Now the question becomes "is total cholesterol a good predictor of heart disease?".

>You know, I think I’ll stick with actual science and not bro science.
Not the user you're responding to, but that's not how you do science.

The study you're linking is epidemiological, it can only access statistical risk. The study I mentioned here is a case control done for a year under the guidance of MDs of Mayo Clinical and Cornell University. Look at the outline of each one, and how well it has been conducted according to its initial goal. You'll see that the one done by Stefansson is pretty much flawless; whereas the study you cited has much of compliance and self-reported dubious data. Finally, Stefansson study has impressioned so much the medical community at the time that the Chair of Physiology of Cornell volunteered himself to write the "Introduction: The Physiological Side" of the book "The Fat of The Land".

This is not to negate the findings of the Harvard analysis, but rather weight in the difference of proposed risk of epidemiological studies compared to causality in studies done in laboratory settings for reasonable period (>1 year), btw, by the best team available in the US, if not the world.

The LDL is the bad cholesterol. I’m not sure how the “total cholesterol” is fingered into the equation.

Even WebMD warns against over consumption of red meat and other manmal based products.

webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-lower-cholesterol-risk

> Now the question becomes "is total cholesterol a good predictor of heart disease?".
> bayesianbodybuilding.com/cholesterol-anabolic/

> The LDL is the bad cholesterol
This is a misnomer popularized by dieticians in health magazines and other bs media. If it's to be simplified, I propose the following terms: LDL is pre-metabolised cholesterol, while HDL is post-metabolised cholesterol. That way we don't lose sight that this should only be analyzed in conjuction to other hormonal and liver function index. However, even this chewed out simplification is not usually enough comprehensible for healthcare professionals, not to mention general public...

bump

Waiting for Smarch

Soy march?

bump for interest

xpost from another bread
anons need to understand the root cause of most cardiovascular diseases is chronic inflamation.

>(((WebMD)))
Lets not pretend these doctors and experts with their bought and paid for studies aren't just fucking corporate shills please?

>most
all**

>still fairly nutritious

I've got terrible news for you.

I don't see why that is relevant to a human being in 2018.

>I don't see why that is relevant to a human being in 2018.
Suddenly it's not important to be intelligent anymore.

SO you're only eating the meat aka dick?

>That shit is legit bad for you.

It's not, in any way. Kill yourself.

>Suddenly it's not important to be intelligent anymore.

It's not important to be strong either. It's 2018. No meme.

carnivores GTFIH

discord
.gg/hajhnz

Is anyone actually doing it?

Yep

>*dies from heart disease at age 65-70 like every other red meat-eating retard

It isn't genetics.

> Stefansson died at age 83, being born 1879 in a settlement in Greenland.
> Owsley "The Bear" Stanley died at age 76 in a car accident in Australia.

heh

quality post