ITT how to spot a dyel

>says "core"
>squats once a week
>ab "day"
>anything "day"
>hasn't reached 1/2/3/4 within 8 months
>"1g of protein per pound of bw"
>wastes money on preworkout and other supplements instead of just eating and drinking coffee
>ooga booga blasting through ear phones (bonus if white)

>other supplements
even whey?

yes just eat food

>makes posts about spotting dyels

>makes posts about posts about spotting dyels

Look at the mirror

>rap more like crap xD
you must be fun at parties

>>squats once a week
>>anything "day"

Most people that actually look good do this. Autists doing their low bar squats 3 times a week rarely look like they lift.

1234 took me 4 years, although I started out benching the bar

Only thing that I "do" of those is that I haven't reached 1/2/3/4 in 8 months. The most important one.

most people that do this are twinks. i have never seen anyone that looks like they lift do this.

t. Fatty mcFat

>t. powerliftfag

nice projection. im not even a powerlifter.

So you’re just fat lmao

If I'm just looking to gain proportional size across my entire body, is 4x8 full body 3 times a week with mostly/exclusively compounds a good idea?

stfu you weak fag virgin

>Not taking supplements
>Limiting yourself for no reason but "muh health"
>Not squatting once a week because you dont want to end up as T-Rex
>Not hearing aggressive music during workouts to pump up your adrenaline and thus increasing your lifts
Why is OP such a dyel fag?

>greentexting on Veeky Forums
easiest way tbqh

I am immune from the irony.

There's no way you can recover enough to do 4x8 full body 3 times a week unless you're on gear.

>hasn't reached 1/2/3/4 within 8 months
I.. I'm almost there. Just give me a few more months. One year and a half are still okay, right?

>thinks his legs will get too big if he squats more than once a week
giveaway right here that you are a dyel.
rep range doesnt matter, as long as you have some method of progressiom

t. T-Rex
Squatting once a week is enough. It takes a shit ton of energy and I'm rather spending it on the rest of my body so I dont end up like (You).

I was a D1 XC runner in college, and I've always recovered pretty fast from hard workouts. I've been doing:

A) squat, incline bench, flat bench, deadlift, reverse hyperextensions, bicep curls, weighted decline situps, OHP
B) squat, flat bench, decline bench, weighted lunges, reverse hyperextensions, bicep curls, weighted decline situps, barbell curls
C) squat, decline bench, incline bench, Bulgarian split squatsreverse hyperextensions, bicep curls, weighted decline situps, db fly

I've been going up in weight on everything, just wish my increase in bodyweight would go faster...

>it takes a shit ton of energy

if you cant just squat for legs, then get everything done for your upper body, you are not only a dyel, but also a fatty.

>if you cant just squat for legs
Are you implying that squatting is the only thing normal people do for their legs? lmao.
>then get everything done for your upper body
I could get it done but not at full potential. Besides that it's straight up unnecessary to squat 3 times a week if I already spend one day with 6 leg excerzises. That's enough.
>a fatty
I'm 5'7" 160lbs you cunt.

squatting is basically all you need to do for legs. although doing something that works the posterior chain alongside would be ideal (ie. deadlift/variant, sled drags, or reverse hypers, etc).
>5'7 160lbs
huh so not only are you a twink, but you have the work capacity of a fatty lmao

Nice defense mechanism

You seem to know a lot about fitness, animeposter. Mind posting a pic of your gains for us

>"it takes a shit tone of energy"
maybe with those weak legs

>ooga booga blasting through ear phones

post a pic of yourself fatass

>squatting is basically all you need to do for legs
Wrong. Can't imagine how funny your calves look compared to your quadriceps.
>a twink
A twink doesn't weight 160lbs at 5'7" you fucking brainlet. I'm almost overweight by BMI.
>work capacity of a fatty
What? How is lifting 5 times the work capacity of a fatty you dense piece of shit? Seriously neck yourself. One double digit IQ monkey less in the genepool.

>It takes a shit ton of energy

>One day a week with 6 leg exercises
Jesus christ people are dumb. PPL and any split that has legs as a separate group is retarded. You want big exercise selection for upper body since there are many muscles which you want to work. In legs you basically hip and knee extension and knee flexion since you don't really need to address calves or hip abduction and addution separately.

>Squatting doesnt take a lot of energy
You're doing something wrong.

It sure does when you're squatting anything respectable. That and total body fatigue, especially low back fatigue isn't worth it the gains vs other movements that give the same results with less recovery time needed.

I don't even squat and I know my legs are bigger than yours just from pulls lmao.

>all anime posters are small

SHOO DYEL NORMIE

>1234 in 8 months
if you're an adult, yes. But you have to understand that a good part of this board is underage. Age is often a limiting factor in strength. I've seen some really jacked highschoolers that look way better than anyone on Veeky Forums, yet they are sub 1/2/3/4

if you dont have the work capacity to do your other lifts or you are too retarded to take a 5 minute break then there is something wrong with you
your 8-12 calf raises wont do shit for your calves. if you arent doing 500 calf raises, beach sprints, or hiking you arent doing shit for calves. unless your calves are sore everyday you arent doing shit.
>looks fat at 160lbs 5'7
you must have like no lean muscle then.
as my point stands, you are a dyel.
>lifts 5x a week and gets drained by doing squats
you need to revaluate what you are doing in the gym

160 5'7 is fucking massive, i am 190 6'1 here he must be fat, we had a trip here that trained for years and never got past 150 5'8

I never get this "insult". I might not be fun at your parties, because I probably won't be attending parties with your kind of people. Are you fun at parties that just suck?

>starts threads with anime pictures

you need to leave

>>I've been going up in weight on everything, just wish my increase in bodyweight would go faster...

Anyone wanna help me out here? Am I going full retard or is this halfway decent?

>MUH Veeky Forums IS FOR LE ANIMUUUS

LMAO@ur life

eat more, looking for 4 lbs a month gained

just eat more, the awnser is always one of two things

>eat more

>train harder

nothing wrong with using core, the rest is correcttho

help with what?
that routine?
it's pretty bad for the most part. you dont need all that incline flat decline stuff, just pick one horizontal press (incline, decline, flat, dips etc) and focuson one of them. Twice a week should be enough. You are also only doing vertical pressing once a week, start doing it twice.
your upper back work is lacking as well. do 100 reps each session, 50 reps vertical pulls (pull up or shrugs) and 50 reps horizontal (row variant).
for legs you dont need to do bulgarian split squat and squat on the same day.
you also need more tricep work. do 100 tricep extensions preferably with bands each session (5x20, 3x33 etc).

Also to gain weight just eat more, it's that easy. Eat calorie dense foods like milk, pb, olive oil.

>It takes a shit ton of energy

You're recommending that he gets fat. The maximum amount of muscle mass that an untrained natural can gain when first starting is 2 lbs a month.

>Core
The right terminology yes.
>Squats once a week
I prefer that yeah. Lots of time to recover and I don't prioritize it anyways. It should take you days to recover from a good leg work out
>Anything "day"
So what about push and pull routines which work multiple muscle groups by have loose groupings?
>Hasn't reached 1/2/3/4 within 8 months
Who gives a shit if they do it eventually? Once you're past it you're no longer DYEL so this is another pointless qualification
>1g per lean body mass
Standard in the fucking sticky irrc
>Coffee
True.
>MUH racism
Music pleb detected. Stay in /pol/. Rap has good music and bad music like any other genre.

well yes, this site was literally found on discussing anime, it is part of this sites culture. if you can't deal with it and want to act like a huge fucking faggot then leave.

You have to gain about as much fat (by mass) as muscle if you're going to build muscle as fast as possible.

Heh I only squat when I feel like it.

Nigger bongos have been constantly playing in my gym for weeks now. Its fucking terrible. Blacks were a mistake. Normally its okay because its at a reasonable noise level and pop-shit, but they've chimped it up for the NYR people, and the stuff they're playing is beyond pop-shit, its literal monkey sounds grunting and simple beats. Anyone could make it with a vanilla FL studio.

>from pulls
>from pulls
>from pulls
post stats, don't worry, i'll wait for you to post b4 i laugh

t. spaghetti legs
did people call you angel hair legged twink in high school you dumb faggot? if you're not squatting 4x a week at 75%+ relative intensity you're a weak little bitch who can't commit to working in the gym. afterwards i have energy to press and do sn/cnj, if i don't have energy i plan main lifts prior to squat, it's that fucking easy you dumb faggot.

Fuck off Rippletoe. No one on earth squats 4 times a week. Thats the most useless shit you can do.

I disagree, 0-4 can be gained depending on how hard he trains, how long he trains, and if he trains until he can't stand or he goes through the motions

And his carbs.

Pizza and bear or oats and yams?

>no one on earth squats 4x a week
well there are people, most of them being athletes, that do that. squatting everyday is a thing, although most people dont need to do that. 2x-3x a week is plenty

lmao you're weak and probably guzzle soy from your moms teat

A guy at the gym with a huge chest said to get a big chest you have to do all three types of bench, so I've just been rotating. You're saying I should pick one? Or maybe do one as a central lift and the others as accessory maybe? It seems like that is all vertical pressing to me, and I'm doing it three times, not once.

Upper back is lacking, I agree. I tried doing OHP twice a week and it was a bit much. Maybe some seated db OHPs instead to mix it up? Or pullups/dips?

I like to squat a lot, so maybe just cut the Bulgarians altogether? I thought volume was the key to size (other than calories) so I've been trying to do squat and one other leg exercise every session.

I'll add some tricep stuff, thanks.

Also very aware of the need to just eat more. I'm getting better at that. Thanks for the advice.

I train roughly one hour, three times a week, and I keep my rest between sets and exercises very short. I'm usually drenched in sweat by the end of the workout, and my HR is up, which given my aerobic fitness (personal bests of 15:40 5k, 32:17 10k) is not easy to do. Also having trained at a high level in another sport, I know what it means to go hard in the gym, so that's definitely not a problem.

>one hour three times a week and I keep my rest between sets and exercises very short

I really hope you're trolling.

>A guy at the gym with a huge chest said to get a big chest you have to do all three types of bench, so I've just been rotating. You're saying I should pick one? Or maybe do one as a central lift and the others as accessory maybe? It seems like that is all vertical pressing to me, and I'm doing it three times, not once.
no that's bro science, for the most part. pick one horizontal press and focus on getting stronger on that movement. i highly recommend dips as a horizontal press though if you want size on your chest, if you are able to do them they can add retarded size to your chest.

> I tried doing OHP twice a week and it was a bit much.
probably because you are benching too much imo. although if you want to switch it up with ohp that's fine there's lots of variations you can do db is fine. push press, pin press, and z prsses are great too.
>Or pullups/dips?
pull ups are a vertical pull and dips are a horizontal push
>so maybe just cut the Bulgarians altogether?
sure, squatting and a posterior chain movement is all you need for legs anyway.
> I thought volume was the key to size (other than calories) so I've been trying to do squat and one other leg exercise every session.
well it is although you wont need another movement.

That's fine honestly, your rest periods should not be more than 3 mins unless you are a 500lb+ squatter. you should be doing 5 compound movements MAX each workout with limited accessories.
If you are going in 5 days a week and your work outs are more than 2 hours you are doing something wrong.

>MUUUUUH ANIMUUUU FOUNDING
>WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH OLDFAGS LOOVE ANIME

Nice cope fag, but there is an anime containment board for a reason so piss off

you are the minority here sweety.
if you cant deal with the culture you can go back.

>goes to an anime site
>complains about anime

you are retarded arent you

>how to spot a DYEL who read SS and thinks he knows everything
>he makes dumbass threads like this shit
Pic of person you described

Why would that be trolling? It's no more demanding than some of the Vo2MAX sessions and lactic threshold training sessions I did when running competitively. In fact it's far less fatiguing.

>>dips

I love them, actually. I'm still pretty light so I can do 4x5 pretty comfortably. Been slowly upping it from 3x3. If I do dips, should I still keep a vertical press, like the bench?

>>push press, pin press, and z prsses

I'll check these out, thanks.

>>is all you need for legs

Got it.

>>you wont need another movement

So should I squat all three days and cut the other leg stuff? Maybe squat two days, deadlift one so I can get the benefit of both exercises? I'd like to shoot for 1-2-3-4 once I put on some proper mass so I don't want my lifts to get too unbalanced.

Try harder lil bitch

>I love them, actually. I'm still pretty light so I can do 4x5 pretty comfortably. Been slowly upping it from 3x3. If I do dips, should I still keep a vertical press, like the bench?
dips and bench are horizontal
if you can only do that many dips though, i would say to keep focusing on getting stronger flat bench or whatever and do dips on the side. once you can do 20 bw dips i would say that would be a good point to add weights and focus on them more.

>So should I squat all three days and cut the other leg stuff? Maybe squat two days, deadlift one so I can get the benefit of both exercises? I'd like to shoot for 1-2-3-4 once I put on some proper mass so I don't want my lifts to get too unbalanced.
what is your squat at now?
if you havent hit 3pl8 yet i would just say to milk out lp gains on ss and go 3x a week

I've most recently been squatting 195 for 4x8 (which is shit, but is much better than the 135 I started at).

For 4x8 I'm at:

OHP: 75
Bench: 145
Squat: 195
Deadlift: 225

So still a long ways away from 1-2-3-4. Granted, I'm also only 145lbs at 6'0, so gaining mass will obviously help a lot.

youre right but that guys on enough steriods to kill a horse

Yeah just eat more you still have a long way to go and a lot of lp gains to milk out. Just drink your milkies and you will be good.

>says "core"

Alright fagboi, which term do you use?

>bonus if white

abs

He's so muscular he doesnt even acknowledge the existence of core musculature

>says "abs" instead of "core"

I'm 5'7 and i squat twice a week on a cut
You're just low energy my dude

>Most people that actually look good do this
Best joke in the world. I've seen weak fucks during bro-split have not improved aesthetic wise for months.

>watches and posts anime other than dbz

No, hes doing meme exercises at low weight without giving his muscles time to recover.
> It's no more demanding than some of the Vo2MAX sessions and lactic threshold training sessions I did when running competitively. In fact it's far less fatiguing.
Re-read to me what you just wrote, the reason its far less fatiguing is because you're doing shitty cardio with a little bit of weight. Do you want to look like a crossfit mom or are you trying to build muscle?
>I did running competitively
>when I ran
>I ran
>heres my time
>guys
Stfu nobody fucking cares, read the sticky.

jay cutler said he doesn't have a routine

he just goes in the gym and does whatever he feels like. Ive been following his advice for months and the gym is WAY more fun & my gains are the same

I go in, look at what body part I wanna build, and do my workouts

>t.jelq machine addict

>"1g of protein per pound of bw"
this is in the sticky though. It's dumb, but are you saying the people that drafted the sticky are DYELs? And the people that tell people to look at the sticky are also DYELs?

>makes posts about spotting dyel spotters

Yes

>1g of protein per pound of bw

Is fucking retarded and anyone who promotes that nonsense needs to fuck off.

ThisLooksLikeBait.tif

>are you saying the people that drafted the sticky are DYELs?
Harsh was a DYEL

Yes. .6-.8 is a good range

>post stats
585lbs trap bar DL
26.5in thighs, not huge, but I don't squat.

STEROIDS

What is optimal?

>Tone isn't a real thing!! You're just stoopid
>mentions the term "strength base"
>"Squat or ur a pussy"
>"Squats build bigger biceps"
>"U mad bro?"

>160 5'7 is fucking massive
Wtf I'm 5'7(and 3/4ths) and I'm almost 180 yet I'm small as fuk

Were changing the culture anime boi

R*ddit is a website of peace