2018 in 3 days

>2018 in 3 days

Have you accomplished much this year? I want to hear some motivating stories to help myself make new years goals.

No

Did starting strength from january to june, adding only 2kg per week intead of per workouts and other mistakes in a gym with poor free weight equipment, wasting the novice effect (i dont have the book cause they dont sell it here)

i was sunk in a horrible depression due to use of psych meds (developed addiction and withdrawal)

during all the time I spent locked inside my house because of depression i read the starting strength. com articles and cleared all my doubts and corrected my mistakes

miraculously got better and re-started gym on september, have been doing good progress since

hit 1plate OHP and 2plate bench press recently

Improved my diet

Im taking driving classes to get my license soon

I had a good birthday and christmas

I've gotten several matches on tinder and have a date with one of them on next week
(I don't even know where I'm taking her, have never did this before, but I got the fucking date)

2017 was pretty fucking good except for the last month. 2018 is going to fuck shit, literally getting evicted on 1 jan. Starting the year homeless in a hostel.

>tfw think I looked better a year ago

Bulking is a meme, think it is time to get lean.

>slowly gained weight this year, up to 227 lbs
>say enough is enough
>go to boxing classes with my roommate
>$90 a month but it's the only thing that really truly gets any work out of me
>down 10 lbs with no diet change in 1 month
>stabilized there, but getting faster and stronger every time
>feel confident, feel flexible, feel powerful
my goal this year is to learn to skate and play hockey so i can do that for fun/exercise. My dream would be getting paid to play in any capacity but I know that's pretty much impossible because i'm 26 and can't skate.

I started in late January last year, this is about 11 months progress. 140lbs in both pictures. Diet went from mostly fastfood and tortilla chips to mostly lean meat, protein shakes, yogurt and nuts. I went from never stepping foot in a weight room to going 5 times per week almost religiously, only missing the odd session due to severe illness.

Lifts the first time I tried them:
>Bench: Barely able to lift 65lbs in a straight line for a couple reps
>OHP: 55lbs for 5 reps
>Deadlift: 85lbs for 5 reps

Lifts last time I did each:
>Bench: 140lbs x 9 reps
>OHP: 100lbs x 10 reps (125lbs 1rm)
>Deadlift: 200lbs x 10 reps

>inb4 people making fun of my ugly chest and for not hitting 1/2/3/4 in a year

No excuses.

I hope you understand that the point of a bulk isn't to look the best doing it, it's to gain muscle mass so that you look better after the next cut

I actually started going to the gym.

heard I'm gonna be, roughly, 9k in debt because of a government fuckup

USA or Europe? You are entrepreneur? Tell us.

well for starters at the beginning of this year i made a girl my gf
we broke up
and i've met a new girl a week ago
job's looking fine
i'm comfy in my own place now

all in all pretty good

>My dream would be getting paid to play in any capacity but I know that's pretty much impossible because i'm 26 and can't skate.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer user but it's pretty hard to turn pro at 26 in a sport you don't really know how to play yet.

europe, I don't know what happened; I can't get straight answers. Basically, from what I can gather is, there was a fuck up and I need to pay. I don't know more.

how did you achieve the going to the gym religiously part?
i'm having a hard time starting again

My goal was 385 bench but i only got to 365 from 335.

Its just the way i am, i gain 30 pounds per year on my lifts recomping.

I guess next year ill be 395 bench.

>still can't convince myself to study
>I cannot pass driver licence
>spent a lot of money because of it
>on debt already
>job start to sucks, won't switch before I get the licence
>lost 33lbs since June
>don't know what to do with my life anymore
2018 look like I will get another job before I start business in October. My college makes me sad. I never really study at all. I have no results but for some reason I still push this masquerade. I can't accept failure.

Well I finished school and only work part time so I had nothing better to do. I signed up for the gym and realized I liked lifting so I kept going. If I hated it, I probably would have quit.

I basically stopped playing vidya because it felt like a waste of time, so I poured all of that energy into lifting.

You only really have to force yourself to go for like a month before it becomes so routine that it doesn't require much willpower anymore. It also helps to set little goals for yourself along the way.

hmm i see
i just can't get my lazy ass to the gym either at 6am before work or 9pm after work

Oh fugg. The way she Rodger hands her way towards the support beam.

>started SS+GOMAD in May
>now a comfy 185 12% bodyfat at 6'2 compared to 185 20% bodyfat when I started
I did 2 days @ +500 TDEE and 1 day -1000 alternating so I recomped
>actually tightly fill out a (((small))) shirt and look good in it now, mires regularly
Looks like I'm a medium guy now.

>I did 2 days @ +500 TDEE and 1 day -1000 alternating so I recomped
is this safe

I feel and look fantastic compared to when I started so yes
Also you lift on your +500 days and take the -1000 as rest

so on rest days when your muscles are supposed to grow you don't give em the calories they need
nice

bitch all you want, my improvement legitimizes it to me 100%

3 promotions at work, doubling my wage. It made my job easier and I could provide more cool stuff for my family and myself. I actually bought another house because of it.

Everyone won.

>fuckes up chance to have 10/10 gf
>still kissless virgin
>got that 4pl8 diddly doo for 5 reps,
>working towards 5pl8 diddly and 4pl8squat
>fuck benching

you don't know how muscle recovery works, so why pretend you do on Veeky Forums?

>still autistic basement dweller
>still NEET
>still a virgin
>still poor because i lost my life savings in shitcoins
>still lonely because no friends
>stopped going to the gym
>still an ugly manlet
>still dumb

go after agirl who just recently broke up and is getting her stuff from her ex aka is in contact with him?

we kissed, we made out, no sex though, a lot of cuddling and talking

christ, go back to r9k

I lost some weight, then I put it back on plus a bit more. Fml. At least I moved to a new country and I've learned their language pretty well, so that's good.

I started going to gym and am slowly getting out of depression. Getting more motivation to do things, even if it's a bit hard sometimes. Giving more of a fuck about self-improvement in general. Still feels like I haven't done enough this year, but there's always the next one.

I believe in you, OP. Don't stress it and just do it step by step. You'll get there.

yea, cum slowly drips when I massage my prostate now, hands free ejaculation next year, hopefully

>Bought a flat
>Son was born
>Changed jobs, the present one pays more and I enjoy it a whole lot more
>Changed cars
>About to get my MA
In retrospect 2017 was pretty damn good

lost 30 pounds
lost wizardhood (embarrassingly late)
completed C25K
started SL 5x5

a good year for this nerd

I achieved 1pl8 OHP.
1,5pl8 or 2pl8 next year or two and then it's maintenance and aesthetics for life.