How bad is alcohol for gains? anyone else's joints feel weak after drinking?

how bad is alcohol for gains? anyone else's joints feel weak after drinking?

how does one approach a girl at a bar? if a girl is in a conversation at a table or standing at the bar with a group of friends, what do you even say?

what if you're by yourself at a bar or club, how do you pass the "where are your friends" question? (tfw zero friends)

It's pretty bad.

Also, just say hi, girls love that. (And get friends, you won't become a socially passable in a day with a magic trick)

>It's pretty bad.
how do other people drink and still get gains?

>get friends
how do i do this?

bump

alcohol kills your gains is a meme unless you're actually a full fledged alcoholic. Getting blackout drunk just a couple times a month wont do anything other than reducing your results by 5-10% for as long as the alcohol is in your body.

That means that if you get blackout drunk and workout fifteen times, one of those will be undone. Whoop de fucking do.

>how does one approach a girl at a bar?
Seconding this.
Was at bar the other night and at smiled at me. Don't know what I was supposed to do so I just bowed my head and walked away.

Also the other night a girl was dancing while pointing at me. Again didn't know what to do so I just pretended not to notice.

ok, I'm the guy from before
And I gotta say c'mon, just lurk more

Alcohol literally kills gains. If you drink in moderation, the effect will be moderate as well. If you want to reach your absolute peak, don't drink at all. If you're ok with a bit less, you can drink a little. If you're young you can also get away with a lot more than later.

As to friends: find people who share an interest with you and meet in real life. It's a practice game. Also, there are plenty of threads about this here. Get a hobby. Get a life. Watching alt-right videos on youtube all day is not a hobby. Being an atheist isn't either.

>Getting blackout drunk just a couple times a month wont do anything other than reducing your results by 5-10% for as long as the alcohol is in your body.
>That means that if you get blackout drunk and workout fifteen times, one of those will be undone.
[Citation needed]

You're a professional at this. I almost thought this was real.

haha who cares about that, I would rather just get fucked up. it's more fun than worrying about gains anyways

>Walk up
>Say hello
>Offer small compliment (nice hair, top, makeup, etc.)
>Make small talk (How was day, weekend plans, etc.)
>Hide power level

Literally that easy.

you had me until >hide power level

Just drink vodka if you're going to drink, it isn't great for gains but it's the least worst. Just for the love of god avoid beer, that shit is gains poison

It is pretty bad. You're going to drink a ton of empty calories and mess up your metabolism for hours.

Some university age chads can get away with heavy drinking and having a great body, but only because they are genetically gifted to hell and back. Eventually they get to their mid 20's and either quit heavy drinking or end up beer bellied.

You really shouldn't be consuming alcohol more than once a week if you're trying to make progress in the gym.

>tfw alcohol is the only thing that helps with your allergies
>antihistamines don’t work
This is the worst.

>chick dancing in club is dancing and looking at you
>ask her how was her day
Look im no pickup expert but i dont think this is how shit works.

alchohol is terrible for gains. it messes with REM sleep and other things that will effect gains

go up to a girl and say hi. simple as that. if she thinks your hot she will respond well, and say hi back. if not, she will say boyfriend, ew, etc

group of friends, then talk to the ugliest or fattest one first. the hottest one will get jelly

if by yourself, say your friends walked away because their intimitated by cute women, or their girlfriends called

alcohol is literally poison
it makes you dumber and damages your organs

sobriety > weed >>>>>> alcohol

I've been smoking weed daily for nearly 5 years (not something I'm proud of mind you, recently stopped) and I look great. If I had been doing that with alcohol, my body/mind would be fucked at best and I'd be dead at worst.

What happens after hi? This was always a mistery to me, like what do you even talk about in a nightclub with chick you dont even know..

Turn the situation around - imagine a girl that you find attractive approached you. What would she have to say to charm you?

The answer: it doesn't really matter if you're attracted to her, and if you're not attracted to her, it doesn't really matter what she says either.

tldr; small talk, it's just a means to an end

proof that weed can make you really dumb

The only chemicals acting on your brain should be neurohormones produced by the satisfaction of improving yourself.

Enjoy your tits, low T, and old age skin

JFL at alcohols

I dont know senpai, i really have trouble talking to people maybe i focus too much and i get legit blockage in my head. Good thing i got the looks but i would love if i could get some conversation gains.

Listening to a Barbell Brigade podcast on this right now

Yeah because when a girl is at a bar, she definitely is looking forward to sharing her day with strangers.
No, you fucking mong. You walk up to her and ask her if she wants to dance. Then after flailing around a bit, you buy her some cheap ass drink and take her out for a cigarette, she doesn't have to smoke.
There you go, now you have a drunk, sweaty, and probably horny chick alone with you. If you can't close out from here, no amount of writing is going to solve your autism.

I was thinking more along the lines of a standard bar. If there's a dance floor and you can't get with a girl who's staring and pointing at you there is no hope and you should just neck yourself.

Top zozz

Same way you get to Carnegie Hall: Practice, practice, practice.

Also if they ask for your friends just say something like lost them out there, or got too drunk or whatever. Doesn't matter.

Also, nightclubs are pretty bad for game. Day game may be for you. Lookup Krauser. He's the real deal.
Also, if you are gonna dance, make sure you know what you are doing. If you don't that s ok, just GIVE IT YOUR ALL LIKE YOU ARE SETTING A PR. doesn't fucking matter. Just amuse yourself. Chicks dig that. ZERO FUCKS GIVEN.

When they ask about your friends you just say "I don't have any friends". But you have to say it like you own it and don't give a fuck. It's the confidence. She'll probably think youre joking which makes you seem funny.

>Eventually they get to their mid 20's and either quit heavy drinking or end up beer bellied.

It’s not that bad as people will say on here. In fact athletes on average drink more than their non-athlete peers (These studies were done on college aged people).
Interesting fact is that drinking heavily shortly after exercising can impair muscle recovery, so you are actually better off waiting to exercise until after you had your night of drinking, i.e. if you have a rest day coming up this weekend and are also planning on drinking heavily, you’re better of resting and getting drunk on friday, then hitting the gym saturday. Being hungover also does not effect overall maximum strength capacity.

> you’re better of resting and getting drunk on friday, then hitting the gym saturday

> implying this degeneracy is acceptable

>Watching alt-right videos on youtube all day is not a hobby. Being an atheist isn't either.
D-delet

Also it’s important to note that many studies done involving alcohol and athletic performance consist of participants drinking very heavily, like 7-8 drinks in under an hour would be considered “moderate”. I don’t know about you guys but I need a hell of a lot less than that to get to a nice socially-lubricated state

It is better than exercising friday, then drinking that night, then resting saturday. I’m not making this shit up there have been studies on it.
Of course it would be ideal to not drink at all, but cmon what are you, a pussy?

bruh. They compensate for it by the fact that their actual jobs are to be Veeky Forums rather than a side-hobby like the rest of us...

You are an idiot

>if you tell her you're autistic she'll give you a hug too.

from a physiological standpoint, the body will break down alcohol and the aldehyde byproducts in about half a day or so.
during that time, the liver can't metabolise any ingested carbs very well though. which is why all the excess calories in beer will go into fat.
personally i just feel shit after i drink and dont fully recover my full strength until a day afterwards. that's just me though. most people recover faster usually.

as for approaching girls, just notice something about her that you genuinely find intriguing. otherwise it comes off as insincere and it shows.

as for if she asks where's your friends, i just say they're around. if she believes it then fine. if not she wont press the issue. hopefully you've built up enough rapport by then such that she wont care. otherwise you should either bail or continue building if you still think you have a shot.

imo these are all practical symptoms that stem from a bigger issue. its mostly about the mindset.
dunno is PUA is still a thing these days. but about 6 years ago i bought into it only to realize it was all shit. the only thing that matters is how you think about things. that goes for life in general

Do I literally just say 'want to dance?' and lead her to the floor?
How do you even dance at a bar?

I said I was talking about college athletes. If you think that college athletes’ time and effort spent training is equivalent to a full time job you obviously have no idea what you’re talking about.

This. My bff drinks daily (at least two drinks per day), but works out six days a week and eats clean as fuck and still looks like shit.

Literal man tits, no core definition, and his skin looks like hell

my dude, you just gotta spit some game

the key is to be exactly as drunk as she is and just vibe with her

if there's other people dancing i'd say just kinda do what theyre doing. if theres no one else dancing then definitely dont start dancing

Iktf. Had no intention of not drinking anyway though

a lot of posts are recommending going up to one girl and talking to her

but if she's with her friends, wouldn't it be weird to single her out in front of her friends?
like, if she was listening or talking to her friends in a group, i can't just interrupt and talk to her only.. right?

>You walk up to her and ask her if she wants to dance.
what if you're at a bar without a dancefloor and no one else is dancing? like, the bar just has a bar and a bunch of tables, and most girls are sitting at the tables with their friends?

I have no idea how to deal with this as well

sauce

>used to throw up all the time when I get shitfaced but for some reason my body stopped doing this, instead I:
>black out
>piss bed
>pass out at my apartment door
>fuck a fat chick
>get blown by a different fat chick
>almost been arrested so many times I lost count
>get 2 day hangovers with the first half being like a bullet went through my brain and the second half being a brain fog that doesn't go away
>everything aches
>throws off sleeping schedule
>bowel movements become horrible
>eat way too much
>become a different person when I black out that's a fucking asshole to all of my friends

I don't drink every day anymore. I went about 2 months not drinking and it went fine until social obligations become too overwhelming.

>the "where are your friends" question
This will never come up unless you are already failing hard

>Hide power level
I always struggle with this.

>Be me.
>At pub talking to nice girl.
>See friends.
>Wave.
>Accidentally did Hitler salute.

This is your problem. Everything you do at a club with a girl is because you want sex. I'm not saying stop wanting that, but you should also place value in the build up to that. You should enjoy the dance, the drinks, the time you spend fucking around.
Trust me every girl will find you more attractive if you genuinely enjoy yourself at a club instead of being a tryhard who wants pussy. Unfortunately, I don't know how to help you change your mindset.
tldr just be confident bro lmao

My answer is, "their wives don't allow them to hang out with me anymore." Its an honest answer.

Ha ha. Don't laugh often but you did it.

Ye Vodka + Diet Coke has been the ticket lately.

Just moved here could work

Any other long term weed smokers feel like they've become a bit slower? I've been going onto 6 years of what some would consider heavy consumption. Started when I was 13 and I'm noticing it's slowly becoming a bigger issue. How do I stop? I don't know why I want to be high all the time but I do

>what brings you here
>what are your plans

if you're a citysoyboy
>cute shoes
>nice watch/cute socks etc

then if all goes well
>wanna head out?
>let's get away from your friends ;)

>tfw alcohol is awful for you but you need it to get any semblance of confidence and personality

I want to go to there

Also for me the problem with alcohol has always been, that it messes up two days of nutrition and lifting.
When I'm drunk I eat shitty fatty foods, then pass out for 6 hours, feel tired the entire next day, crave fatty foods and if I do make it to the gym, the training sucks.

I drink a couple times a week and I'm still fucking ripped. It definitely sets me back but I work hard the day after to undo damage (ie I sweat it out, run first thing in the morning, then try to hit the gym and eat healthy all day).

I've been at 6% before and had to give up alcohol. I'm at around 11% again and will get there eventually but alcohol definitely slows me down.

You do what you can to mitigate damage:
- Don't drink beer
- drink tequila because it's more likely to raise my heart rate than other liquors
- mix whatever alcohol (usually tequila) it happens to be with soda water and a lime
- dance as much as possible
- convince drunk friends to walk instead of cab it to the bar that's 1km away
- wake up and sweat that shit out. I drink so much that I'm usually drunk during morning yoga and it's a fucking blast lol
- drink water before going to sleep

Also I don't get hangovers and never have so I'm fucking blessed. But I still put in fucking work at the gym.

bump

I've watched pickup videos online, and it has come up

There's no easy solution for this. Most of the time I just wait till she goes to the bathroom and come closer.

it's not that bad, joints ache as well

literally don't engage at the bar, wtf, can't hear shit and she's there to get a drink and fuck off. It's like chatting someone up who's in the line at a supermarket, INFRONT of you, she'll have her attention split between you: the random fuck behind her or infront of her, the cashier and bagging her shit to sort between

Nobody asks "where are your friends?" if you've got their attention, they don't care. If they do they are weird af
source: literally fucked my way through 53 chicks by half-assing and not caring 90% of the time. Think I've got the "where are your friends?" question once, in the form of "where did your friends disappear to?" when the chick literally saw them go away and leave us intentionally

>literally don't engage at the bar,
where do you engage then (when at a bar/pub)?

you can't really engage when a girl is sitting at a table with her friends

>approach girl
>casually insult her
>repeat until one bites
>"where are your friends?"
>"Do I strike you as the kind of person that has friends?"
POUNDTOWN

Imagine being this jewish

>what if you're by yourself at a bar or club, how do you pass the "where are your friends" question?

just own it.

So you don't engage at the bar, where the hell did you find 53 chicks to fuck?

In order:
>bad, among drugs you can take, it is one of the worst for muscle development
>not anymore, but when I used to drink, I had weird leg stiffness and dull pain in lower body
>no idea, never done this, I have always thought it is impossible unless she is signalling you to approach
>you don't interrupt people amidst conversation, those are bad manners, period.
>do people really ask "where are your friends?", I mean, I never went out alone, but I have never ever, not a single motherfucking time, approached women with wingman (or just with friends), I will fuck alone, I don't need someone to hold my hand, so I don't piss my pants.

Faggot

I unironically say that when people ask me about having friends, even if at work or whatever. They always seem to think I'm joking.

First step: be good looking.
Second step: say hi to a girl.
Third step: make out lol.
Fourth step: "lets get outta here".
Final step: p in v.

Once you realize its all about looks life becomes so easy desu.

where do you do step 4 if you live with your parents

Motel.

Don't be a cheap fuck.

theres no motels where i live

I can atest to that. When I have been drinking, I have developed disgusting beer belly and in general I looked as if Flabber started turning human. Stopped drinking, nowadays I am only smoking doobies and I am in the best shape of my life. I can run 5k in under 20 minutes, have done 1/2/3/4, no more beer belly. The problem is that...weed is not a fucking answer, this is just reducing harm you would inflict on yourself either way. So if you have to choose between shooting H and booze, then sure, booze will be victorious in this match up. However, if you want to become an olympic level athlete, you should do EVERYTHING to boost your performance, not to nerf it.

This

I'm sure as fuck not sacrificing party time for a bit of extra gains, I'm not competing in bodybuilding events and I look better than 90% of guys even though I drink heavy once or twice a week

Unless you're an 8+/10 it's not that easy

you gonna sauce me boy?

Fuck FUCKS sake Veeky Forums is literally clueless. I was fucking more girls than the you guys when I was a skinny acnelet.

The solution is to find a girl with her own place, or if she's really drunk you can just fuck her in an alleyway or a park. I've been doing that since I was 18.

Just read my own post here. I can't spell sorry , it's really late and I'm tired.

teach me how to live user. I cba to go out, inside is too comfy

that watch on her is hot

No lol. All you need to be is above average. Everything above a 5 is attractive. Stop coping with your inflated looks scale numbers. If you cant pull girls like that you are average or unattractive, sry bro.

its mostly the shakers that fuck you up

>her husband
>tfw ywn be a rich and popular athlete

the aboslute state of sandniggers in france

I was at the club the other day and saw a really hot girl at the bar with her friend so l walked up to them introduced myself and asked her if she wanted to grab a drink this week and she said sure. Im leaving in an hour to meet her.
The point is just be natural and talk as you would to a friend

This. The only time I can enjoy anything other than lifting is when I've had 6+ drinks in my system, other than that everything feels like a boring chore

don't male models get blackout drunk the night before a shoot so they're dehydrated and thereby extra aesthetic the next day?

No lol. I don't care what lookism tells you, if you were attractive you'd know that it's not that simple.

>gains poison

any source on this? That's interesing.