Did you have a strong male role model growing up, Veeky Forums?

Did you have a strong male role model growing up, Veeky Forums?

is this entire fucking board now just fatherless sons trying to find a concrete definition of masculinity? the memes were always around, but this is getting fucking ridiculous
the soy memes, the relentless fucking evaluation of masculinity from every conceivable angle, the steady decline in actual fucking weightlifting threads, even the fucking thiccposting fits into shit

what the fuck man? did we really meme ourselves this hard? did the parody become the reality like we used to joke about?

>is this entire fucking board now just fatherless sons trying to find a concrete definition of masculinity?
yes. i have a dad and we love each other and my friends that dont are always mad dyel faggots that want to fight

>be in school
>have to go around room and say your role model
>never had one or could think of one

the internet is the parent i never had, but i'd say most of the credit goes to Veeky Forums
i found this place when i was was like 11 or 12 during it's first year
over time i stopped shitposting about anime all the time and started going to different boards to explore different things
by the time i was in college, Veeky Forums had taught me about fitness, sports, cooking, fashion, literature, science, etc.
my parents were pieces of shit who didn't care for me. i was an asocial autistic dweeb who didn't even talk to girls. after going on the different boards i learned about the world and i tried new things and developed confidence to put myself out there. fucking Veeky Forums turned me into a normal person. and now i'm 25 and i've been here for over half my life.

this are the tales to my niggas doing time in the cells,i went from hell,to living well

I'm not even joking when I say DBZ is the only masculinity I was exposed to as a kid. My dad left, my grandpa's left, my uncles left, all my cousins were female. My mom was always working and never paid me any mind. I'm not from a black family either.

>Not from a black family
But still a nigger.

Holy shit people.
I have nothing but utmost respect and admiration for my dad. He worked really hard to provide us with a much better life than he had. He showed me the way in pretty much all aspects of life. He was proper strong, and thanks to him my brothers and I grew up healthy and loving sports. He hurt his back real bad a few years ago but he is still very fit.
I feel bad for you fatherless anons.
Father-son bond is truly critical to become a functional man in society and an asset for civilization.
Choose to be better than that if you have a kid.

Bonus: my mom is also awesome, they have been married for 42 years now. Nuclear family ftw.

Like many others here, I didn't have a father figure. I'm almost 40. My dad was never much around, and I was raised by women. So I had to sort out my own father figures from books, historical figures, movies. I think it worked out fine, I'm a decent man, no convictions, decent and maybe righteous here and there. The only thing I wish I had learned from someone is how people will disappoint you at some point, and that is a big part of life. Also how much of a bitch can some man can be, regardless of size and fitness. Being a bitch is inside.

And maybe we have come full circle, and became what we mocked. The interwebs and life are a cruel teacher sometimes.

You know we used to joke about everyone here being gay but I think all the newfags took it seriously and are actually gay because of it

One if the only things my father ever told me is "You can't be a pussy your whole life" I frequently thunk of those words when I feel like bitching out of something.

My role model was myself. I am Chad, so in highschool I just kinda did whatever the fuck I wanted and turned out perfect.

no

no

No strong father figure either, and grew up in a broken and neglectful household. I pretty much idolized rockstars and action movie stars, especially Arnold. They were always cool, kicked ass, and got the girl. My brother got me into bodybuilding but other than that I had to learn to be a man on my own.

This. Single mothers destroy society.

Nope. Father cares more about the tv than he does his three children. Currently he's on his thousandth rerun of (((sitcoms))), you know, the one where the man is always fat, weak and pathetic and the woman is quick-witted and naggy and the men are always trying to suck up to her.

Fuck TV

Veeky Forums has weirdly become more normal than any other forum on the internet. Veeky Forums told me to work out, study for a good degree, treat women with enjoyment but also caution, and also helped me find actual useful literature to read. Meanwhile Facebook, Reddit etc are telling men that acting like women will benefit them, that communism is awesome, that women are literally better beings than us...the worlds gone crazy and Veeky Forums is normal in comparison now

Veeky Forums is my male role model

No wonder you're a faggot

This. The pendulum swings both ways. The deviants have won, and now what? Do we race to the bottom?

You are a lucky man user. I've always wondered what it would be like to have someone watching your back and sharing the world. Ah well, I got you 4 chan

I didn't have anyone when I was young, but when I was like 16 and got my first real job, my boss became my father figure. He taught me a lot. We clashed a lot too, but he was a good dude. Former homicide detective who got out after getting stabbed on a case. His wife was Russian and would make me a bunch of cool ethnic dishes. He even took me to tour the college I would attend, and was there when I shipped off for the army. Cancer got him a couple years ago.

No, my dad was a liberal pussy.

Announcing reports is against the rules my negroid friend

Oh yea, guess I’ll get banned along with all the /r9k/ and /pol/sters

i have never met my real dad :( it's been hard to find that kind of security in another man... i wish i knew what it feels like to trust in men and not fear them

>needed Veeky Forums to tell him to exercise
>needed Veeky Forums to tell him to study engineering (because we all know literally everyone on earth should study to be an engineer)
>needed Veeky Forums to tell him to treat women like slampigs

whoa you leaned so much

my father
>constantly short fuse, always blowing up about stuff (no his name isnt muahmmad)
>spent entire childhood threatening my mother and me with separation/moving out/divorce, ended up living in the guest bedroom for a few years before going back in with her
>funny because i have always remembered my mom and me dreading him being home and celebrating when he went on business trips
>clearly hates people, thinks everyone is an idiot, narcissistic, selfish, hypocritical asshole
>in my 25 years of life, never once seen him do a single social activity with anyone besides my mother and/or me or ever have a friend
>never taught me any life skills whatsoever

worst part is
>passed all his terrible traits down to me and it played a hand in ruining my life as well

I know I'm not alone in my choice of role models.

i mean... that’s the basics right there

Honestly, a most western "men" will NEVER learn these truths or their benefits.

Nah my dad was a closed up bikie that just beat me till i fucked him up with a chair. I ended up being in a gang and all the fun then turned law abiding fitizen.

I plan to be a superhero in my childrens eyes and get them into sports.

what a little baby, you want to blame your dad for your shit life? grow up and take some responsibility for your actions.

Mmmm.... delicious new pasta!

No. My mom and dad are still together and all, but my dad has never grown past a certain point. He has always been cold and distant and he is totally incapable of having intelligent conversations about anything. He is a hard worker, but he does that with the expense of his health and I can't respect that. It's almost like he is in a hurry to his grave.

I grew up alone and was basically raised by my grandma. I admired lone heroes as a child and turned out to be lonely as fuck. I'm a sexually confused unsalvageable volcel whiteknight who dislikes women and hates men, but I have not a single regret about this.

I respect true masculinity, but I recognize that most of the shit that people view as masculinity is in fact toxic masculinity. You know the kind, you don't go to the hospital even when you need to and you put others down to cover up your own shortcomings ect.

I strive to be a good man, someone once said I will make a great father at some point, but I've become worried that it might never happen. I get along with people very rarely and even when I do, I nessecarily don't want to. Not everyone get's to be happy, such is life.

Oh, what do you guys think about working out if you still have stitches? I just thought that I should maybe take it easy as long as I have them so that I don't tear anything.

My Dad for sure.

My Uncles.

My older brothers and older cousins.

My male teachers.

Upperclassmen.

No.

You can't really talk about anything fitness related thanks tl the sticky

>treat women with enjoyment but also caution
Wut?

Not one fucking thanks doc, shame on you

With such EDGE upon your posting if you should encounter God, God will be cut.

Don't workout with stitches, have done it and they have ripped.

yes, most of nu-Veeky Forums unironically doesnt even lift
just check the survey

>I have not a single regret about this
you sound pretty bitter senpai, ranting about your weak ass dad on the sports-subsection of a polish basket weaving forum

Dont expect them to be loyal or love you the same way you love them, but don’t hate them for it because it’s not in their nature

>dad is former drill sergeant, veteran, decorations out the ass, killed plenty of people
>was a decent boxer in his youth
>got first job unloading trains at age 13
>half my friends moms banged him when they were young

>never, ever let me be right about anything
the sky is light blue - no, you idiot, it's a hazy shade of light blue
>always criticized everything i did
at age 18 he still berated me for the way I slice bread (spoiler: like any other person.)
>90% of communication was eye-rolls, shrugs and exasperated sighs
>came to the hospital when I was almost dead due to pneumonia/myocarditis to scream at me for being sick, almost killed me one time by spiking my blood-pressure
i got it by swimming in an ice-cold and polluted lake after he called me a pussy for not doing it
>absolutely everything bad that ever happened is my fault, even if I wasn't born yet
>calls me a paranoid schizophrenic liar when I say he used to call me pussy all the time as a kid
he says it on every home-video

Not a day goes by that I don't feel like killing myself, utter emotional cripple unable to connect with anyone. Probably not his fault, but it certainly didn't help.

>needed Veeky Forums to tell him to exercise
90% of normies don't do it
>needed Veeky Forums to tell him to study engineering (because we all know literally everyone on earth should study to be an engineer)
>90% of normies aren't engineers
>needed Veeky Forums to tell him to treat women like slampigs
>9... just go on reddit or facebook or whatever and watch the unadulterated rivers of soy flowing

Hey man, you're not alone on this one. I too had a domineering father.

>at age 18 he still berated me for the way I slice bread (spoiler: like any other person.)

Exactly the same as mine, except my specific issue was mowing the lawn.

Bro, you have to know that it IS his fault. It is not your responsibility to forgive him for being an utter cunt to his child, and despite all of your fathers decorations, you DO NOT have to respect him.

It took me a long time to realise that last bit.

One of the big reasons I felt so shit all the time was because I respected my father. Oh, he was a tough working class man who got his first job age 12, dropped out of school but still "made it", and here's me who is too anxious to go out to the store by myself age 18 can't even mow the lawn properly.

After a good while, including cognitive behavioral therapy and antidepressants, I became a functional adult aged 24.
When I finally had some self-esteem from being able to go outside without panicking and even getting a job for the first time.
It was then that I realised literally none of what happened was my fault, my father was an unnaturally abusive cunt, and that I don't have to respect his hard-knock life, his drill-sergeant behavior, or his former chad exploits.

It is likely entirely your father's fault that you ended up the way you are. You were raised by him and you turned out a pussy and a loser, but you were raised by him to be that way. It's 100% the responsibility of parents to raise their kids and he 100% fucked up and fucked you up.

I would say look for outside help bro. For me the road to recovery started when I booked a doctor appointment and I just told him I can't cope anymore, I feel suicidal, and every fuck up in my life comes from just FEELING AWFUL. He put me on some antidepressants and booked me a cognitive behavioral therapist who helped me with my anxiety and from there I gained confidence to stand up to my dad's bullshit.

No he DOOOOODGED his responsibility.

Appreciate the sentiment and I'm sorry to hear it, but I'm over it. I'll probably never start a family of my own, since I feel like utter shit and get violently angry every time anyone ever shows me affection - but I've made peace with that. In a way I made peace with being depressed all the time too. At least now I can make a sandwich, change a light-bulb or shovel snow without someone constantly shouting about how I'm the biggest retard to ever live.

Funny thing is that everyone that knows my dad says what a laid back and great guy he is. He gave pep talks and encouragement to all my friends, often told them in front of me how he wished he had sons like them. Even now he tells my alcoholic hick minimum-wage cousins what great guys they turned out to be and lends them money. Meanwhile he still makes fun of my judo black belt (lol, chink,) my CS degree (lol, nerd,) my piano playing (lol, fag) or anything else. Nowadays I'm really just more curious what drives him to behave like that than angry or bitter. I doesn't even make sense anymore.

Nope. My father was kind of passive and never really told me how to be a man, or played sports with me or anything like that.

I had to figure all of that stuff out on my own. Not that I am complaining, this is such a first world problem. He was there, he wasn't violent and he paid the bills. That's better than what most guys have these days.

Sounds like a more extreme version of me
>t. stepdad

AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Perhaps you are not really his son, and he knows that.

Nah, we got tests when my uncle needed a kidney - 99.9999% his son.

I had to learn all the man stuff the hard way. My father wasn't very supportive or alpha, just a sheisty business man. I am stronger now than ever due to self education. You can only trust yourself.

dad?

>parents divorced when I was about 5
>dad makes more money and has better lawyer so I end up living with him
>after about a year mom has new husband he's a normal guy I see them twice a month
>then my dad gets a new wife shes a landwhale with three kids I go from only child to youngest of 4
>mother and new husband have a new baby I get a baby sister but the new family seems like I'm not a part of it
>at dad's house I'm the low man on the totem pole everyone is begged than me they obviously resent me and my dad for breaking into their family
>over the years my father becomes more and more pathetic bending over backwards for his verbally and often physically abusive new wife
>he starts working longer and longer hours to be out of the house and so new step mom can have more spending money
>all the while my mom and her new family are looking more and more like a perfect home it makes me incredibly uncomfortable to see them but at about 10yo they move several states away
>by now my dad is a pathetic husk of a man who works 75 hrs a week and comes home to get yelled at and sleep.
>the entire family bullies me constantly and any time I stand up for myself at all. My step mom immediately punishes me and calls my dad while he's at work to tell him a fake version of events to make me look terrible
>by the time my dad gets home he's been hearing lies for hours through text and wont even give me a chance to speak.
>become super depressed and introverted stop talking to people assuming I'll just get bullied more

(Cont.)
>as each kid reaches 18 step mom kicks us out
>being youngest and emotionally unstable I believed my parents when they say it won't happen to me dad says he'll protect me.
>they tell me since I do so well in school and have held a job since 14 (which they take my money ) that they will cosign a loan so I can go to uni
>when the time comes for them to sign the loan they kick me out of the house with one bag worth of clothes
>I go to find a hotel to stay in while I figure things out my card doesn't work
>find out that since they had access to my account they emptied it and took everything down to my last penny
I'm 26 now and haven't spoken to my father since

Nope.
Spent a good deal of my life following the whims of my mother and cycling worthless "dad"s. Realized life was shit. Turned my back on everything because I wanted to be better than all of them and not be a worthless 50 year old with no hope, use, and a fuckton of baggage from stupid choices like they're turning out to be.

Some habits still persist, but I've learned to use them to my benefit. I try to take in as much information from any older male who's managed some kind of success in something. Soak it all in like a sponge, discard what either doesn't work, doesn't fit, or is just outright stupid. (Even the best people think some stupid shit.)

wow what a pair of fucking cunts.

My role model was my dad, but now that I grew up I have other values.

My dad is a weakfag intellectual, he knows a shit ton about literature and art and I've grown to love them and value them as well. But my father are not into anything fitness related, he doesn't do sports, he doesn't even play games like chess, cards or vidya. In fact, he is quite lonely.

When I visit him, I'm the chad in the house lel.

Other male role, now more Veeky Forums related, that I had are martial artists from kung fu movies, obviously Bruce Lee.

This

Veeky Forums is not owned by zionist reptiloids yet, so it has some semblance of human sanity still.

Your dad is a dick user, but you dont have to be one.
I am lucky to have an awesome dad, and the core thing he taught me is this: being better than those before you is the whole point of civilization and the true meaning of progress. Being a good father/friend/husband is doing your grain of sand to make humanity an interstellar supercivilization one day. That and lifting heavy things to put them back down shortly thereafter.

You're not wrong, but it's kinda sad when the contrarian culture is to be a decent person.

>Upperclassmen.
so you go to an anime highschool.

Sorry, friend.

He is a dick. Thats all there is to it.
I know its hard to see from your position, but to an outside observer it really pretty obvious.
Dont let some asshole ruin your life, even if said asshole happens to be your dad user.

>Hiroshimoot
>not reptilian

>Even the best people think some stupid shit
That is trully a nugget of wisdom user.

Why do you treat the user's of these social media websites as one hive mind? There are boards on here that advocate jacking it to horses, or to forget about real women and fall in love with anime characters. On the other hand there are pretty sane subreddits and facebook groups, you just gotta look for them.

nice dubs

But seriously tho, I think its cultural. Think about the way the world has been going? Discipline is a sin, mobility in pursuit of muh passion, muh feels is considered enlightenment now.

To follow the iron requires discipline. I'm fed up with my lot in life as DYEL, I'm going to change it and lift the world like Atlas.

I skipped the first sentence, thought you were describing your dad. Your boss was truly a good dude, rip

Can you blame the patient if you prescribe medication they don't recognize?

READ THE FUCKING STICKY!!!!

I think he’s just vaguely incompetent

If that rule was actually enforced, 90% of all Veeky Forums posts would vanish.

Z fighters were my male role models. Best models a kid can get srs, I'd be nothing today if it weren't for DBZ

Had a dad, he was never really a "dad" tho, he was kinda just there, paying the bills and watching tv on his off time. Still love his ass tho

I've always wondered how drill sergeants act IRL, sounds like he wasn't able to leave it at work.

We'll bring it back. Contribute to the good threads, post your physique in the CBT, keep lifting, share your accomplishments, and be patient. Be the change you want to see in Veeky Forums.

He was in the army only until I was 2, and all his cadets (non-US military school, not boot camp) loved him. Everyone loves him. He donated toys to orphanages: my toys, when I was 6, supposedly I didn't need them anymore. As I said, his dickish behaviour is confined only to immediate family - and mostly to me. If he was a dick in general I would have moved on long ago, but the fact that he gets along great with everyone except me is what really fucked me up.