Time

The following post is tldr :how long will it take to look okay and any advice?
I have read the sticky
Hey Veeky Forumsiszens I have an Incredibly low self esteem and have been attempting to better myself for many months but depression due to circumstances have made me feel and look worse than ever. My waist is over 40 inches and it makes finding clothes impossible, strangely I see really fat guys with smaller waists is this a build thing? Anyway I'm 18 5"8 manlet and apparently 44 inch waist. I wondered how long it will take to be slim or whatever, any success stories or advice is appreciated.

>18
Christ m8 you look 40

Also posture is bad

that's a nice round belly. good shape, volume. a++

what the fuck

I was gonna rag on you but I'll help out how I can. You have a larger waist than other people just due to fat distribution. Look like you hold almost all if it in your gut, and not upper chest (at least you don't have huge moobs user).

Weight loss is actually super easy. I've tried just about every method (keto, intermittent fasting, calories in/calories out with garbage food, etc.). The best method I have found is IF with clean eating. I only eat two meals, lunch and dinner. No matter what you choose, eat clean. You will see such better results eating chicken/brocoli/rice than you will eating pizza but under your daily calorie intake.

Don't drink your calories unless it is a protein shake (protein and water/almond milk only). I actually do half water/half almond milk and it is low calorie but has a better taste than just water. Black coffee/tea are my biggest aids that help keep me sane. I drink a lot of black green tea from a travel mug so it keeps hot longer and keeps my hands busy.

I actually lost most my weight without exercise at all but still hated the way I look (skinnyfat) so I started lifting. I'd recommend a lifting routine from day 1, find something that works for your schedule and stick to it. Routine doesn't matter as much as consistency and the effort you put in. Don't half ass your lifts.

Good luck user, stick to it.

Have just a little bit of shame and black out your face at least. You have gyno and you are a fat fucking slob. Pull up your fucking pants. Only guys with visible adonis belts are allowed to pose like that.

just eat less bruh

>how long will it take to look okay
it doesn't fucking matter

stop thinking about the reward and start thinking about the process otherwise you'll never get out of this slump

lifting will improve your health and posture and make you more confident, and you need those more urgently than you need aesthetics, so go fucking lift

Basically don't eat anything that isn't on here. Find food you like and just stick to that. I honestly eat the same food almost every day but I know most can't do that.

I'm sorry about your genetics. Stop eating

It's to highlight the size clearly it's not like I walk about like that, I'm trying to get better but in the pics I'm showing my body without shame because accepting it's bad is part of the journey, I'm not gonna look my very best and then ask advice.

Thanks a bunch user

Number one: Asking “how long will it take?” already shows that you are not dedicated to improving yourself. You are indirectly asking if it is even worth starting. How long it takes is entirely dependent on the amount of effort you put into it.
If you continue to be the weak faggot that you already are, you’ll see small improvements within a month and then you’ll stop. If you work your ass off you could look like an Olympian within a year. It is up to you.

If you understand that it is your choice as to whether you succeed or fail, you will be able to change your circumstances and ultimately cure your depression. I had a traumatic brain injury and spent 2 months in a coma when I was 14, you have no idea what clinical depression is. I’ve been put on every antidepressant under the sun and had every fucking addiction possible and the only thing that worked was taking responsibility for my life and knowing that both my urgent and future happiness is dependent upon whatever I choose to do today.

This isn't reddit. Nobody is going to clap for you. You need to start eating right that is the first step. Then you need to get active and start building some muscle. The more muscle you have the more calories you are going to burn daily just for upkeep. If you build muscle its going to become easier and easier for you to lose weight by just eating healthy. Get some dumbbells 10lb 20lb 30lb 40lb and start a basic routine. Whenever you are home every hour you need to take 15 minutes and do some curls/flies/rows/whatever in addition to hitting the gym daily. If you eat a ton of protein you will have some serious gains in just a few weeks time. Start taking a multivitamin(I take centrum), vitamin D3(10,000IU), Zinc(50mg), and Magnesium(100mg) daily. This is going to help you boost your testosterone. Ignore starting strength its a stupid fucking meme.

>You have no idea what clinical depression is
Well you don't know anything about me, I appreciate your advice but you weren't the only who spent time in hospital or saw friends pass and has been hooked up on pills.

>“how long will it take?” already shows that you are not dedicated to improving yourself.

Good point. Drop that mentality OP. Doesn't matter how long it'll take, healthy living/eating is for life.

Judging by how pale you are, you probably have a Vitamin D3 deficiency. Start taking that and you are going to feel a lot better.

Okay I get the point, I shouldn't prioritize the time, I need to get motivated to reach the goal regardless I've just found it so difficult. Yes no excuseses I know

That guy is just being a fucking autist. Do what this guy said and realise that being Veeky Forums is a lifestyle choice. Hes just grumpy because there are so many NYR faggots right now.

did you mix those guys up?

short term goals are actually easy to come up with. especially as a beginner.

>I want to run 5KM
>I want to bench press my body weight
>I want sub 25% BF

etc etc

That's understandable actually it's mostly coincidence I posted at this time, I used to be fairly fit actually. I played on a football team when I was young. The school and scouts team. I had a few accidents that put me in hospital and then unable to do sports, at say 15 I lost motivation for it.

How much weight can be loss by healthy eating? My goal right now is 30 pounds I know y'all said no timeframe but I just don't want to start uni next year fat. I'm student union chairman and a gorverner so I have little spare time for gym

dude, you're 18. You literally have your entire life ahead of you and it will be short and miserable as fuck if you keep on like you are currently.

You won't get anything else out of this thread, you already know what needs to get done and now it's up to you to see it happen. Eat less, move more, lift heavy things, hell do some cardio so you don't have a heart attack in 10 years. The only thing stopping you is you, make it happen.

Benching bodyweight is a beginner goal? idk about that one, it’s probs a year+ out for complete new lifters

>so I have little spare time for gym

Welp, you aren't going to make it, don't know why I bothered trying to even help you. That is classic beta cuck mentality. I know people who work 50 hours a week with kids and still fit in the gym.

Thanks for the advice guys I'll let the thread die and read through late replies later

if youre 5 8 there is no way your waist is 44 inches

Tape measure is lying than kek

Because you were nice enough to help someone below you, I Appreciate you doing so but you are right this fat fuck isn't a Chad capable of all that stuff. I never said no time I said little but it is little I'll spare you the details .

don't come to Veeky Forums for fitness advice

You could lose enough wieght to look decent by the summer if you're really committed. I lost around 80 lbs in 6ish months and I could've lost more if I kept pushing myself. Kill any bad habits that lead to eating and get yourself on an eating schedule. I personally had success eating the same thing everyday. I did strength training 4 times per week (full upper full lower 2 times per week) and did 1 hr of cardio everyday (usually walking on an incline) good luck

I'm the same height and look almost as fat and my waist is 34 inches

Okay sorry, you win the depression war. You have earned the right to be a sad fat ass and die in your 40’s. Please leave Veeky Forums and any other areas focused on self improvement.

cut out shitty food and don't drink your sugar

start lifting and some cardio

not hard dude

PplXpplX

idk. took me ~3 months. i started serious lifting from day 1 tho. went from 4RM at 80 lbs to 160 lbs, and my 1RM is about my bodyweight (180 lbs)

Sick Gains and you're exactly right on your weight loss approach. All fatties should read your post.

>centrum
absolute garbage

Too notch post brah. We're all gonna make it.

If you just want to loose weight simply stop drinking anything that isn't water and go on a diet of nothing but fruit in the morning and tuna for lunch and dinner for a month while doing cardio every day.

Then make some god damn time. If chemistry PhD students are capable of making time to workout then so is anyone else.

>consistency and effort
Spot on. I went from being a 45kg stick man to a healthy 80kg "I will fucking destroy you" looking type. I work in a semi dangerous area so it's best to look intimidating and good to be in shape, like user said find something that works for you, it could take some experimenting but personally I found supersetting nearly everything for muscle group coverage in my workout helped heaps. Idk what I'm saying I'm tired as fuck but good luck op

>do you have good day 1 gym/lifting routines?

I just signed up for a gym for 4 months (what i could afford). I want to make the most of it.

PPL is great for beginners.

Only if you go to the gym six times per week which most begginers don't

OP should go!

>tuna twice a day for a month

This is a great example of why advice on Veeky Forums is trash these days

Wow

hao much time between those pics?
currently at 22, aiming for 10%BF

run and do cardio. weight lifting is cool and all but not as important as cardio exercise. lazy fucks like to think picking things up and putting them down is a, " work out ".

Max Par about that. jus run/cycle/hiit. being ripped is for gay guys.

Probably 3 years. 1 year of weight loss with no exercise. 1 year of on/off dicking around in the gym and 1 year of very strict weight lifting/diet

I'm and do PPLPPLx for what ever that is worth just because I am a gym addict at this point. I did PPLxPPLx for a while and it was fine too, I just wanted to go to the gym more.

Thanks for all the kind words anons.

Frick off, Bobandy

what a cutie

> being ripped is for gay guys.

yea ofc why would a stright man wnt a physiqye that women desire right

LOL JACK FROST IS THIS YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT LOL

Go on YouTube and search "kaizen" op. Its the art of talking small steps everyday to make changes. Tomorrow for example could be packing your gym bag.
Nothing more. Just think what you will need, and if you will shower at the gym. After that youre done. The Day after you could packing your gym bag again and drive to the gym. You dont need to workout, just go there. Third Day you will start with a 30 min workout. Next time 60 minutes.
Until motivation is gone, and now you have a habit. Motivation is short term, life style is forever.

>I'm 18

Get that cheeseburger locker outta here!

mirin my dude

you're in denial, gayboy