Forearms and calves

Literally one of the (if not the) most aesthetically important muscles that no compound exercise hits and no one talks about it.
What are some good Veeky Forums approved exercises to have forearms like pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DUxd5EoiY4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=DUxd5EoiY4s

Rolling a bar like this is a great forearm pump, people also enjoy wrist rollers. For calves doing calf raises with your heel hanging so you can fully stretch them not with your feet flat on the floor.

calves are genetic for the most part and it sucks to train them so just ignore them. fuck calves unless you actually enjoy doing 500 calf raises each day on your stairs or doing beach sprints if you have a beach around. just get nice thighs and big gloots.

forearms are also genetic but you will actually see some results when you train them unlike calves and they are fun to train, at least the grip training is. do deadhangs, farmers walks, finger pull ups, plate pinch, fat gripz, and just do some.wrist curls at the end.

>Fuck calves
>Handling the endless amount of twinks telling you to never skip leg day

Smith machine calf raises always feel great to me

Tfw born with naturally gigantic calves

This. Used to load up smith machine with 180kg and just go to town on them. They were massive.
>gym removed smith machine
>feel they're slowly shrinking since.
Hold me brothers. I don't want to be a calflet

A thread died for your stupidity you mouthbreather.

Try jumping rope intensely.

Any experience on calf implants?

t. Johnny

Will do bro. Need to work on my cardio so will probably take up sprinting again too

>calves are genetics
Lolno. I started off with calves similar to but they grew over 2-3 years of consistent calf raises. Same with forearms, do deadlifts or heavy farmer carries and they'll get bigger with time. In other words, you're a massive fucking pussy who blames his own problems on irrelevant factors. Neck yourself you waste of fucking space.

Reverse wrist curls. Seated calve raises. 3 sets 3-6 reps until failure

This thread makes me realize I should be doing lots of shrugs and farmers walks. Currently on a full body routine which hits basically EVERYTHING except traps and forearms significantly so maybe I'll work in cardio and aforementioned exercise on between days for short gym visits.

Is it still worth it to do short bursts of resistance training instead of the usal 60-90 minutes? Does not getting the pump make it any different or is that just pure cardio?

I have seen the most growth in my forearms doing weighted chin ups/pull ups or heavy ass kroc rows( my max dumbbell in gym is 50 kg)

Rock climbing. Alternatively, work in a kitchen for years

For forearms I've seen big results since doing this at the end of my pull day.
Barbell twist for 1 minute each way.
Heavy farmers walk for the lengthbof the gym and back.
Dead hang from pullup bar till failure.
I do this 3 times with 2 minutes rest between sets. No rest between exercises.
For calves I do 6 of the heaviest weight I can possibly do. Using the leg press and then straight into 20 bodyweight calf raises.make sure to fully stretch and contract each time.I repeat this 4 times and I'm pretty hapoy with my calves.

I do rack pulls with MINIMUM rom with double overhand after deadlift days, 8-10 to failure with weekly progressive overload, than towel hangs to failure and cable reverse curls to failure, supersetted, times 4 I've seen some progress over last two months, I'll see how it works later.

Calves, not so much, they are somewhat decent from all the squatting and dls, but I plan on working them every day, just doing standing raises every day before bed, 3 series till failure with proper form, very slow and so on and so on. I'd be glad to report progress some months from now.

Barbell twist? What's it like?

>Barbell twist? What's it like?
Not a barbell, but you get the idea.

>barbell twist
already explained in previous threads

>claims calf progress
>no pictures
What a surprise

Or any highly physical job

hammer curls, chin-ups, underhand pulldowns and cable rows have made me fucking love my forearms.

Said this the other day...
Forearms are endurance muscles
Heavy or long sets of rows, deadlifts, or pullups. Squeeze the bar anytime it's in your hand like you're choking someone.
For the more advanced, look at oldtime strongman stuff. Loadable hammers can be made with a length of iron pipe and small DB plates. Wrist rollers. Holds. Pinch grip work.

Also, train biceps differently. They're no longer a fluff pump muscle. Train moderately heavy like you would for squat, 4-5 times a week rotating 2-3 variants. Always leave reps in the tank, and use something slow like a double progression. The key here is to make the joint strong & stable so you can go heavier. Let the volume do the work. Do pump work very sparingly. Trust me, if you hit the forearms heavy enough and do this you'll looked pumped 24/7

show

>use something slow like a double progression
what did he mean by this?

>people who have never lifted a weight in their life have big calves
>calflet has to do 3 years of calf raises every day to get to an acceptable size
It's genetic, whether you like it or not.

Are chin ups/pull ups good for forearm gains? A few sets of weighted chin ups make my forearms burn like hell

Fatties get a free calf workout every day, if that's what you mean. Ever seen a skinny dude with large calves?

yes
sure but you should be doing direct forearm work as well

if you have small calves, you have to wear pants or shorts that accentuate your upper legs

big forearms are the best thing

women love them

if i see a man with small forearms i think he doesnt take his training srs

Any and all straight arm work + pull ups and rows

>Ever seen a skinny dude with large calves?
i always assumed they were hikers or athletes

Here you go OP, happy new year and God bless you and yours

>it sucks to train them so just ignore them
Never gonna make it with this attitude

>mfw huge forearms thanks to heavy deadlifts and barbell rows