32 year old fatfuck here, been working out / researching weightloss etc for about a month now...

32 year old fatfuck here, been working out / researching weightloss etc for about a month now, more fucking confused than when i started.

Goal is to loose the gut and build lean muscle, have until April next year before the "reveal"

6ft 4 - 120kg (now 116kg), started out dieting and doing 10-20 mins of HIIT 4-5x per week, then started lifting weights.

Have noticed some weight loss and maby muscle growth but scales havent budged in a week.(could be muscle gain not sure)

Have been doing dumbell routines at home, got a 20kg set, started out with 8kg each and now using 10, workout / split is fairly comprehensive and smash out 2 sets and the 3rd until failure.

Bought some protein this week for post workout, got Micellar Casein (as i workout just before bed) but today found out this is probably the wrong stuff so got some WPI as well.

Wondering if i should be guzzling this shit every day to get to a 200g daily average or do i have enough gas in the tank with my fat gut to use as "fuel"

Diet wise cant really up my protein any other way due to cost / family, thinking i might have a shake for "desert" each night and then hit the WPI for after exercise...

READ THE FUCKING STICKY NYR LEDDIT FAGGOT
DELETE THIS SHITTY BLOG POST

I have read the sticky, says nothing about starting out as a fatty, am i on a cut diet, havent got any fucking muscles / bulk yet to cut

Stop.
Read sticky.
Get barbell routine to develop overall baseline strength first.
Get muscle to maintain proper form under load THEN cut unless obese.

You have made it tough by saying until April. You need to think longer term for this mate. Think about what you can achieve by next December, or the next!
You realize there is never a "Big Reveal" just occasions of people saying that you look better and better over time.

But for you mate,
Go online and find TDEE calculator.
Find out calories you need to eat to lose weight.
Eat that amount of calories of good food (meat, veges, salad, no sugary crap).
Do same cardio and weights you're doing if that's all you have. Join a gym imho, you'll get way more out of it.
Add in long cardio sessions if you can.
Do ab workouts.
Don't drink protein powder for desert (it's just extra calories. you're cutting)
I wouldn't even drink it after a workout mate.
Easypeasyjapanesey.
You can make a very noticeable weight change by April but don't expect to look ripped like Brad Pitt. It takes time to build good muscle and you generally wont build proper muscle while on a diet.

Also don't wanna sound like a cunt, but if the scales haven't budged for a week it means youre eating too much food. You are not gaining muscle at the same rate as fat loss. You're weight training isn't enough for rapid muscle gain and at your size you should definitely be decreasing in weight. Good work on losing the first 4kg though mate!

>mfw

thanks for the constructive reply.

The big reveal isnt really that so to speak, going overseas and want to be able to buy clothes, plus meeting with relatives who have last seen me at a chubby state, any real improvement is a bonus.

Think i might have been slacking off on the diet due to previous weight loss, will focus on sticking to it more.

have read about the average protein consumption per day and was wondering if i should introude more into the diet or suppliment with the powder stuff, have mainly been eating a carb diet (wife is Japanese so rice rice riceee)

Think i will focus on diet / introducing more whole food protein and work on muscle growth

mate used to be fucking worse, had proper tits before

>20 mins of HIIT
Kiss your "gains" goodbye

>Bought some protein this week for post workout, got Micellar Casein

You fell for the supplement meme. You are a fat DYEL who looks like you never practiced any sport in your life. The only thing you need at this point is daily meat meal, maybe Zinc,
vitamin K+D and hyper-dosage of vitamin C in the morning. But I get the idea, SHAKES ARE DRANK BY ATHELETES SO I SHOULD TOO xD

I am not saying this to be mean to you, but if you thinking that with your level of fitness, diet and excersie knowledge you will get anywhere alone you might as well stop now.

My advice:

Non-negotiable:

GET A GYM MEMBERSHIP

Now, choose one:

1. find if someone from your friend circle who lifts and knows what to do. CONVINCE him to teach and tutor you, suck his dick if you have to.
2. get a good PT (not some meme soyboy or weight excesice faggot dyel. find the biggers motherfucker in the gym. Pay hard buck for 12-16 sessions and learn. That will give you some solid basics.

Now start going to the gym 3-4 times/ week and eat clean. I wont cover diet, it is a whole diffrent subject.

If you cant do any of those 2 above, find I unironicly suggest crossfit. Not because it is better, but because.the will be someone who will drag ur sorry ass and will show you some meme excersises. You will lose some of that gut and tits and maybe you will meet there someone who will teach you how to lift properly. BTW, crossfit alone wond shape you. You will styll look like a DYEL.

Good luck and fuck off.

Thanks, there is actually a gym right across the road but got the dumbells to try shit out before i made the plunge.

As a matter of fact i actually used to be fit, used to work as a rafting guide / skiing instructor, got a desk job and shit crept up on me.

RE: whole foods I have read up on the recommended diet shit, my problem is i need to cook for wife / kids who wont eat beans and fish and shit (also the $$ cost) hence mainly pasta and rice as staples.

Are you saying that home workouts with dumbells and abit of protein / caloric deficit will get me nowhere or are you talking about mad chad gains / swole levels? As i said im just hoping to loose the gut and gain abit of muscle

>whole foods beans and fish

This is not how it works.

You have 2 options:

1. Keto, which is basicly no cars at all. I do not recomend it for beginner, since it wont reinforce good eating habits and is impossible to maintaing for longer periods of time. Not to mention you will lose fat too fast and with your lifting knowledge, there wont be any muscle to fill this up. Say hello to loose skin.

2. Low carb (samurai diet)
Bascily you eat heavy carb meals before and after intense workouts. There is more than to it, look it up, but this is the best way to go for you. Especially since it can be maintained all the time.

>have until April next year before the "reveal"

user, I....

Memes aside. You want "reveal"? try Fall.

The only thing you can do up to April is safely losing like 25-35 pounds of fat, while making some considerable noob gains.
And this is only if you have a good form, good diet, you work your ass 4-5 times a week. have a solid supplementation and 7-8 hours of sleep minimum. You will still look like a DYEL in the gym. But you might get some ocasional mires from normies.

Thanks,

i read abit about keto diet, most likely cant pull it off (even at the shopping stage) I might be able to gradually influence the family diet but not a whole lot (why i bought the brotein in the first place)

Diet at the moment is:

vegemite / cheese sando for breakfast
huge fuckoff salad with tofu for lunch |
Dinner is whatever is going(most likely something cheap, pasta etc)

I would be very pleased with a 20-35 pound loss, dont need bulging muscles just need loose the bewbs / gut / drop a shirt size or 2

Main reason for the thread was wondering if i shoudl be forcing down 200grams worth of protein every day if i cant make it up with the main diet (which i probably cant)

Lifting wise i think the dumbell workout is a good start, fuckin better than nothing isnt it.
Lately have also have been cutting down on the hiit maby 1x per week on non lifting days if that.

At the moment i do upper body / legs / fullbody dumbell workouts with a day rest inbetween or 1 after the other if im rotating muscle groups.

Btw i chose dumbells as i dont have the space to stash a barbell at the moment.

>dont need bulging muscles
pic related.

>I would be very pleased with a 20-35 pound loss
you can count for about 1/4th max of that number if you still consider your """home gym"""" only.

Probably no weight loss at all.

>Diet at the moment is:

dont eat carbs in the morning. ever.

where is your fucking supper you nigger?

Why am I even responding to this NYR newfag like an autist?

Oh yes, I have to burn thrrugh the last 45 minutes in lazy office friday. Fuck I am bored.

Mate I am going to catch some shit for this advice, but I think you should start making these lifestyle changes slowly.

I know you want to be Veeky Forums before your brutally cold winter of 32C hits Australia, but as others have said you need to think long term. If you go balls to the wall in almost any endeavor, then you're likely to burn out.

Gradually change your diet (sugar and processed crap is pretty much a drug) and slowly ease into working out. Cardio will be your friend here, ab exercises every day, lift weights at a beginner level focusing on form first and more weight later, and if you have one available do some swimming too. Also, cut back on the beer if you want your bitch tits to go away.

Yeah, you won't be able to kick that roos ass that stole your girl, but make your goal a healthier future.

Good luck

Thanks mate, I appreciate the advice either way. it is awfully kind of you helping out such a looser like me (hope no one finds out ayeeee, imagine the shame)

supper was going to be a "MISCELLAR CASEIN PROTEIN NIGHT TIME RECOVER AND REBUILD!"

I was actually thinking of drinking some of this 30 gram protein stuff at night, skip the sanger for breakfast (as the caseein stuff is slowly release right) lunch continue with the salad (to be fair this has helped the most with weightloss)
dinner as i said wife cooks 4 days a week so its going to be pasta or rice or something carb related i might look into the low carb stuff and influence this as much as i can (either way fuck me japanese ppl love them some rice)

Home gym is whatever 2x 10kg dumbells can do, i do get a fair sweat up and work the muscles to failure, cant really push / pull though.

Time wise can only fit something in at night, cant really do a workout at lunch and be fucked for the rest of the day.

Also with 2x kids under 5 fucking sleeeeep is out of the question

>Diet at the moment is:
>vegemite / cheese sando for breakfast
>huge fuckoff salad with tofu for lunch |
>Dinner is whatever is going(most likely something cheap, pasta etc)
never gonna make it. Read the sticky and do what it says. Honestly though, you seem too stupid and/or stubborn to make it

>I have read the sticky
>not doing anything specific by the sticky
Fuck off then. Nobody can help you if you can't help yourself.

lol thanks, mate im in Canberra where the winter temps can drop to a BRUTAL 5c (does get to -5 overnight sometimes) was 35 degrees today, aus summer is fucked

And yes have cut out snacks and booze as much as i can (xmas hasnt helped), also learned that drinking + workouts means 0 so have cut back to 1 or 2 nights a week

Realistically my longterm plan was to cut out the exess calories, keep smashing the salads for lunch (I actually enjoy these)

Continue the barbell routine and increase the weight gradually (maby 1kg per 1-2 months i really dont know)

Protein has just come into the plan for post workout, originally was only going to drink the shit right after the routines so every 2nd day ((allthough 1/2 of you fuckers claim this is a myth))

To be fair i have noticed some gainz if not major, wife / work collegues have noticed the weight loss and i feel stronger, also core strenght is way better, used to get sore backs randomly.

just the scales have stagnated, was down to 106 at the lowest and now around 1.7 (weight 1st thing in the morning after a pissss)
Probably due to extra food over the holiday period and not sticking to the salad routine

boys....

to be fair the sticky VS what other information i have is fine for your average 15-25 year old neet / virgin who has the capacity to do a 180 on their whole life.

the info is great and i do get what i need to do problem is at my stage in the game need to work around alot criteria.

Food cost/ gym membership cost / what the kids will eat, fucking space in the freezer you name it (excuses excuses i know)

Diet wise breakfast and lunch im going to look into changing, dinner im not going to eat a different meal than the wife / kids fuck that

Do not drink that protein crap. It sounds like you're not getting any real protein in your diet by the way of meat right now. Also, your wife cooks 4/7 nights... What happens the other 3? Do you cook or eat takeaway? Cut out the takeaway, it's too expensive anyway.
Ditch the tofu from your salad and chuck in some meat. Tuna is easiest and cheap. Don't listen to the blokes spouting about tuna mercury poisoning.
Join that gym across the road! If it's right there you have no excuse not to.
Cut out the cheese on your vegemite on toast.
Also PORTION CONTROL. eat less of the things you eat.

Does your wife love you long time?

DO A STEROIDS IN YOUR BUM

OP please ignore this retard

stop validating by saying "thank you"

please. for all of us.

okay faggot I get that you're 32 and that's pretty bad news if you're nurturing any dreams of becoming an olympic athlete but as far as "doing a 180 on your whole life" goes, that's something you can do in your 60s.

so just absorb the information and fucking use it. you're already failing by making excuses.

go to gym you fat piece of shit and do ss. after linear gains are gone do whatever the fuck you want be it 531 brosplit texas method or some powerlifting/oly routine

for the fat issue - water fasting until youre at acceptable bf. progress might be shitty at the gym during fast so spend that time mastering technique and getting the movment patters into your brain. central nervous system will still allow slow linear progress

other 2 days i cook, ill do steak / meat on the bbq (will do more now because proteeeeeeeeeeeeeeein)

I usually make that or pasta that the kids like which is a cheeze / bacon white sauce that they demolish - gnocchi or fettuchini

1x day per week is takeaway, I have been trying to get something healthy on this day but its all fucking greasy shit so i just do a "cheat day"

Portion control im good at, just the huge salads for lunch (but its salad / raw veg, dont know if i can have too much of this ??)

Wife is a solid 8/10, root on the reg m8

protein i have 4kg of this shit (was 1/2 price!) tried my first go of it the other night, smells fucking powerfull but didnt taste so bad, i was going to mix the 2 together get some fast acting wheyy and slow burnin caseinn (plus all those aminos woo!)

One thing at a time.

You're in a terrible state, but it CAN be fixed. But it's going to take a long time and a lot of patience, sweat and hard work, and you will be your own worst enemy if you're not careful.

First of all, stop fretting about building muscle. Bro, that is not your priority right now. You have to eat at a sensible, controlled deficit (not starving yourself) of real food. Your diet is absolutely the most important thing to fix.

Get any beginner's program and stick with it for 3-6 months until you know how to use a barbell. Do a beginner's program and eat right and worry about looks when you have a good template to work on.

>have until April next year before the "reveal"
>dont need bulging muscles
>keep smashing the salads for lunch (I actually enjoy these)
> i have noticed some gainz
>i do get a fair sweat up and work the muscles to failure

Jesus either you are a walking NYR meme or one of the most talented baiters on Veeky Forums

Fuck off.

op im a former fat fucking dyel retard just like you and i can confirm that you will never ever make it until you actually put together to go to a real gym with an actual program and change your lifestyle.

so i guess congrats on your NYR meme thread you triggered everyone.

>put together the willpower

Really need to lay off the tofu mate. It's like I can read the tofu in the way you type.
That pasta is loaded with nothing but carbs and fats. You are not doing you or your kids a favor. Make the bbq.

Cut out the fucking protein powder! You're fucking around with weak 10kg dumbells. You do not need the protein unless you're going to a proper gym and doing real exercises on a real program. Right now those protein shakes are just extra calories keeping you fat which is your main problem. Don't worry about muscle if youre not going to go to a gym.

what if he posts in push up threads, how much protein should he drink then

As much as he can find on Grindr, no homo.

You need less than 200g of protein. 160g should be more than enough

Just do roid lul

>last 45minutes
Where are you? Europe? I'm on the East Coast and I'm stuck here or 3.5 more hours. Fuck these three day weeks before another 3 day weekend drag more than six day weeks.

I'm not going to even read the rest of that. If the other information you have contradicts the sticky, it's wrong. Do you want to lose weight or not?

You can up your protein easily man. Chicken quarters are practically free in most places. They've got more fat in them so you'll have to eat more veggies instead of carbs but you can just get whatever's seasonal to cut down on costs.

What's a typical training routine look like for you?

This has to be a roleplay at this point.

Nobody with previous experience living that close to a gym could fall for 50 different fitness world memes at the same time, right?

RIGHT?!?!?

Chest / upperbod day:
3 sets 15-20 reps:
Clean and press (clean and jerk?)
Rows
Shoulder shrugs / rolls
Crunchiees / hip thrusts
Pushups
Lay on the back and bench press / lay on the back and chest fly
21's / curls / hammer curls

by the 3rd round im pretty fucked and usually fail / struggle to get the last reps out

legs usually similar, goblin squats, lunges, roman deadlift all that goodstuff

also do traps in the chest one, skull crushers / behind the head thing

L I P O S U C T I O N