God fucking damn it, Veeky Forums I've been lifting for two years for nothing

God fucking damn it, Veeky Forums I've been lifting for two years for nothing.

After two years I can:

BARELY 1 pl8 OHP
BARELY 2 pl8 bench
Not even 3 pl8 squat (only 280lbs for reps)
BARELY 3 pl8 diddly

I'm mid-30s, 176 lbs. Is age this much of a factor or what?

I've done SL, PPL, 5/3/1, Nsun's 5/3/1 and now I'm on Candito's 6 week program.

Am I ever going to make it?

get a personal trainer

>

Just make your own program dude, and make it as hard and dynamic as possible. Anything that doesn't work gets changed, and anything that gets too easy gets swapped for something harder. If you're always straining and uncomfortable, your body will adapt and grow.

I live in a country where I don't speak the language, and knowledge of English is generally very low here.

Would consider roiding, but same problem - language barrier. No idea where to go or who to ask here. Even getting test isn't really a possibility.

Mate, after 3 years I can barely:

1 plate bench
1 plate ohp
2 plate squat
3 plate deadlift

I'm 28, 188cm and 80kg

>I've done 5 programs in 2 years with beginner lifts
Stop program hopping.
Eat more.
Sleep more.
Learn the basic biomechanics of the lifts.

You dont have to me strong.. I know a realy big guy who benches 70kg after years.. Just do yhe novements slowly and control the barbell

lurk for like a week and you will find a source for sources

Same boat, 2 years of lifting

1 plate ohp
2 plate bench
almost 2.5 plate squat
almost 4 plate deadlift

Im 26, 178cm, 80kg

Ask yourself why there are different weight classes in strength sports and martial arts, and then consider the 1/2/3/4 Veeky Forums standard. Not even talking about biomechanics. It's a meme. Like SS. Don't worry about it. It's nice if you can do it but that's it. In two years I've only seen 1 guy deadlifting 4pl8's. Maybe 2 guys squatting 3 plates and I've never seen a 1pl8 ohp for reps.
Don't worry about it.

/thread

GDEs will never make it

Sorry friend

Isn't 2pl8 just like 40kg of weights + bar? I've only been lifting again for like 2 months and I'm not even progressing that fast and I'm already at 30kg of weight for 5+ reps OHP. Gonna up it a few KG next week. My bar is lighter than average though, so gonna go a bit over 40kg to count it as 1pl8. Doesn't seem that unachievable.

Meant 1pl8

if your bar is lighter its going to be =

2pl8 is 40kg per side; 100 kg total.

I'm on similar level to people in here. 55 kg x5 OHP, can do one plate, 90 kg x5 bench, can do two plates, 100 kg x3 squat, 120 kg x3 deadlift, can do 130 kg x1. I'm 5'11, 80 kg, lifting and dieting casually for two years. Pretty happy with my lifts to be honest. I feel like that's what the average fitizen can do, not three plates for bench at fifteen reps.

>everyone is different so don't follow good advice do your own thing ur beautiful n strong )))))

No, 2 pl8 = two plates ON BOTH SIDES of the bar. 100kgs/225 lbs.

No it's not retard

def is

if it isn't wtf is 1 pl8, just a 20kg on one side

you can't get stronger without eating more

don't listen to . You, him, and 99% of Veeky Forums are too inexperienced and unqualified to program for themselves, and it is so much more nuanced and scientific than just making up a routine. Follow the "just do you own thing" advice if you want to make no progress. Do a strength program written by an expert. Pay for coaching and programming if it's within budget and something you really want

If by eating more you mean being in a caloric surplus that is absolutely not true. you can get strong in maintenance and in a deficit

>2 years
>5 programs
Found your problem

1/2/3/4 is a meme
you don't need to do any of that do have a good physique

Yes, 1pl8 = 60kg 20+20+20, 2pl8 = 100kg 40+20+40, and so on

>Yes, 1pl8 = 60kg 20+20+20
exactly?

not 20+20+0

With those numbers you already made it, man. Those are not too bad at all.

How should one stay on on program? I was on 5/3/1 and Nsuns 5/3/1 for the majority of the time. First six months was SL, then the 5/3/1s for over a year, then tried PPL for a 10 week cut last summer, then back to 5/3/1.. I've just started a second 6 week cycle of Canditio's 6 week so I don't feel like I've been chopping and changing too much desu.

Thanks man. Had a good squat session today but my DL afterwards was a fucking failure. Some days you win some, some days you lose, right?

>2 years of a hobby
>How should one stay on on program?
Didn't realise you were a brainlett too.
Carry on then, you'll never achieve anything, regardless of what yout try.