Social anxiety: the biggest gains killer

>Social anxiety: the biggest gains killer

Has anyone had experience getting over this shit? Does therapy/medication really help?

Other urls found in this thread:

statline.cbs.nl/StatWeb/publication/?VW=T&DM=SLNL&PA=37425ned&D1=3-9&D2=(l-11)-l&HD=100526-0713&STB=G1,T
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its exactly the opposite my dude. no friends = no gains giblins

Not quite that simple friendo

Therapy can help if you're willing to put in the work.
Medication can help if you're willing to try several medications over the course of months to find one that actually works for you, but it'll probably be an SSRI and you will get some degree of dick problems and have a 1/10 chance of excessive sweating.

However, therapy really boils down to identifying thought patterns that hurt you (e,g, "I won't go talk to that person because he already doesn't like me for some silly reason") and practicing socializing.

>However, therapy really boils down to identifying thought patterns that hurt you (e,g, "I won't go talk to that person because he already doesn't like me for some silly reason") and practicing socializing.

So basically therapy can kind of train you to overcome your anxiety issues but medication will just (possibly, if you get on the right one) cover them up.

So you can get over it?

Retail job helped me alot, used to be a virgin/sperg before.
Prepare yourself to feel humiliated before building your self-confidence tho.

I can't get hard and when I cum it only feels like peeing. I'm still depressed and anxious too. I feel hopeless sometimes

Don't do medicine. Doctors don't even know how these drugs work. Just realize that not every thought you have is real. That you've fallen into a neural pathway rut and this means you have to find a different way of thinking and way of stopping yourself when you see where your thoughts are leading.

Go to a cognitive behavioral therapy expert

I sometimes fail in social situations where I don't even need to talk to anyone, just that human contact on a train filled with people, or that walk down a street or store and you see someone and you make eye contact. It hurts my soul, and I put on my mean tough guy persona so they leave me alone, I don't know how to act outside

>I'm not a soyboy, just a guy who looks like a depression cloud is always above him

>Getting groceries are quite easy, go to a new fast food joint and try to order food, if I'm not right mentally I'll shut down and sit in my shell while trying to order food.

I've still got family that functions as gains goblins.

Meditation helps.

micro dosing phycobilin helped for me

just got prescribed 10mg of lexapro yesterday what am I in for lads

Social gains are like any other, you need to train them. Try doing at least one a day. It can be literally anything, so long as you stay relaxed and not anxious. You can make bro, I believe in you.

What have your experiences been with it. I made mushroom tea, and it was a great and helpful experience. How much do you dose?

I've become a huge introvert since leaving grade 12 here in Aus, went from having quite a large social circle of friends to absolutely nothing. That was 6 years ago...

Went straight into a chefs apprenticeship, and pretty much went full anti social mode because of how fucked up the hours and days I had to work, combining the fact I was a vidya addict (still am) so I bailed after 2 years, sat around home unemployed for nearly a year, got a casual job doing the same thing elsewhere for a few months, had enough of life and decided 'fuck it I'm going to europe' So i travelled around solo for 3 months. Was good therapy in the sense, come back home, started going to the gym again, got a new casual job, pretty much doing the same thing as before i left, except I'm dating a somewhat average chubby girl, but meh, should i take the uni pill?

Not complete ED but likely delayed ejaculation.
After a month you'll probably feel less anxious. Given how long it takes to work you won't notice the change as much as other people will notice.

You're low test. Being high test will eliminate all social anxiety whatsoever, and transform it into excitement and anticipation.

t. was severely shy as a kid to the point of not being able to talk to anyone at all besides my parents and now give no fucks whether its a qt grill or a big guy (for me)

I think having a low self esteem for me is probably the main facet of my anxiety; part of me feels I don’t deserve friends/recognition and I’m constantly comparing myself in a negative light to others. If someone told me they were better than me at something I would genuinely believe it, and this leads to a lot of sly abuse/bullying towards me as if I don’t show myself any respect, why should anyone else?

Anxiety sucks mayne, only time I feel truly normal is when I’m drunk

When I was a mental health patient I was assigned weekly tasks to deal with social anxiety and agoraphobia. Mind you, my anxiety was quite extreme and debilitating and you're probably less fucked up than me, but the principle of progressive overload works here the same way it works in lifting.

My first task was quite literally having a coffee and buying new shoes at a mall - a task once impossible. In the end (of a 4 month period) I was able to socialize with strangers (attractive females included) feeling only slight discomfort.

I've had a small relapse since then because I haven't PRACTICED enough.

I haven't had friends in 3 years, recently realized I had developed social anxiety and I'll stumble mid sentence more often from lack of speech practice(I'd go months with barely speaking). It used to cripple me from leaving the house sometimes, but generally it all comes down to your own confidence and how much you give a fuck about other people. I started getting fit to feel comfortable in my body and started working hard on everything. Eventually I took LSD and had a trip where I realized that everyone will always have their own opinions and thoughts, that it shouldn't stop you from doing what you want or think is best. Now I'll actively communicate with strangers just to pass time or develop my social skills. Theres less pressure because I know that they can't harm me emotionally.

I actually reached out to my old friends a week ago, had a good time hanging out with them and I feel a lot better about life. Hang in there anons, the process takes time but if you don't give up it'll happen one day. The drugs helped speed to process, but I think I would eventually come to the same conclusion eventually.

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking user

Read Dale Carnegie's "How to make friends and influence people".
With it, you learn how to please people without exposing yourself.

I’ve heard this is a bit of a meme from some anons

You'll only get over it if you make changes in what you're doing. Some good methods are purposely embarassing yourself in public(singing in a room full of people, tripping, bumping into someone, making eye contact for too long, etc.) Making small talk with a cashier/waiter. But I think the core problem is self esteem, so fix what you think is wrong with you or at least have solid goals and you'll feel more comfortable in any situation.

Just recently turned 20.

I wonder if doing weird exercises at the gym would be a good exposure therapy.

Easier said than done friendo but thanks for the advice

i just realized ive been ordering all my clothes for years since im too anxious to actually go in
if this was the first task what happened next?

God how is this so difficult

>go to shit stores and other places and just ask someone who works there if she can guess which sizes I have (because I forget)
>store has a retarded discount policy and just inform on how it works
>ask a lot of stuff about a coat and where its useful
>try out different clothing look in the mirror, look stare at what other people are trying and how they look (I bought a very cheap suit kind of thing, had no idea what to buy)
>encounter some dumb girl who asks for gibs for animal testing and just kinda berate her in a polite way
>go to blind dating thing and kinda get bored halfway and just talk over them for lulz

all done recently, some things completely new. Zero drugs, zero anything. Not sure why or how I even do it. Thinking/knowing that normies are dumb as shit and are useless is a double edged sword. You get a tons of confidence for almost zero reason. But at the same time you also get bored and also kinda anxious when its more personal.

Post more tasks please. I can do the first one but can't talk to females.

>find public service people outside which have to talk to you to buy a thing
>go to them
>try to subtly not buy a thing but fake interest

there, easy and cheap and with almost zero social repercussions

Why don’t you read it and decide for yourself

nofap. I had the same problem from deathgrip but nofap fixes it over time. worth a try

Fuck me, that sounds terrifying. That's a really good one, thanks. But is there are something a bit easier? Also post more tasks that you had done.

I dont know mang, I do have anxiety like you guys but I never had it with anyone that I didnt find attractive (im straight). So with guys I was always fine. With ugly/old women too. Had more problems with average looking women whois behavior turned CUTE. As I then suddenly dropped my spaghetti midway. Nearly always had problems with pretty women.

So perhaps its easier for you guys who have problems with things like pizza delivery guys. But one of the great things that I did to destroy a lot of lingering anxiety perhaps...was to hang around like street youths at some places. Find a busy intersection, a place where many people walk and just stand around. Look at them, maybe engage, maybe dont. I used to do this to make averages for people, to subtly count the people who are fat, other races, ages etc. To get to know the averages of a city or a place.

Most people are also in transit so they dont know how long you stood there and what you do since they dont care. It could be a busy shopping street, or something else. Most likely nobody will bother you there.

Decent advice

Well if you do that it would most likely ground you in some way to reality a bit more. I did just that inside of a city and soon I was engaging with the local hobo's. Telling them about the wonders of the natsoc. Again, no anxiety there because they were dudes. If you are a dude, and you are healthy enough of mind...then one can easily assume that another dude may think like you. Even if you are anxious, there are some dude thoughts inside of you that exist, which you can call out into. Beyond that? Well I dont know. There exist 7 billion people or more on this planet. If you want to practice, drive or use public transportation to a different city. 99.9% chance that if you make a fool of yourself inside of a club somewhere else, or at least act shy and are unmoving, nobody will care and there will be zero repercussions. This anxiety thing that you may have exists there to protect you from the "unknown" which you may perceive that a more experienced group may posses. You may be so sensitive to this crap that you barely perceive that most people dont even have the non sensitive, adjusted mental crap for you...since most of them are just retarded drunkards who only focus on their own small group of people.

So...well I dont know mang. I think that your "Anxiety" could well be just healthy even. Maybe you long for close relationships with a handful of people, and it wouldnt even be strange, it would be natural. Maybe the city folk are the ones which are insane and impersonal. But if you were to let go a little bit, if you were to call out to the sociopath inside of you...like a jew you could use the desensitized cities and huge urban landscapes of retards to "improve" yourself. Maybe the "improvement" is just "learning to adapt to mongoloids and retards and feeling ashamed because you never put a needle full of heroine inside of your veins"

>conquer anxiety by preaching Nazi ideology to homeless people
I think we have a winner boys

Yea I am not even joking about that part. Even remember some of their faces going round town asking for "can I borrow 5 bucks for...ugh...train tickets!" But in between their begging they do socialize with one another, and with other people as well. Was quite nice in some way.

Does it still need constant practice after all these exercises to not fall into the same anxiety thinking mental traps? Or does it get easier?

I started lifting a month ago. I isolated myself to the fullest from ages 14 till before hitting the gym. My social anxiety is at max. There is no other way to get over it than just going there, fuck it , fuck what others might think - do it for yourself and just go.

dont think that I do anymore. I was a neet like 6 years ago. After that I started doing sports at a gym, and also inside of a club for runners. Very easy to get over social anxiety if you actually need something like advice from other people. 3 years ago I started working again, first part time, now full time. So I never really had the chance to relapse. Also briefly was in the FFL for 3 weeks... so yea. I think that finding good people to socialize with, actual people who are neutral to you at first...but maybe warm up over longer periods of time are not that rare to find. Most people are probably like that.

But how do I stop that reaction?

How do I stop caring what other think?

>FFL

you went civil or just ran away?

3 weeks in got dismissed. Failed something, not sure what. Great anti anxiety place if you are of the old, non city folk mindset which desires order and patriarchy.

Thank you, user. Sounds like you did a great job. I wish you the best.

lol faggot

fake it till you make it because thats what normies do or did they just had the courage to start earlier so if you didnt shine in college you missed your entire youth from not risk taking lmao

zoloft has released my inner chad

Hope you find your ever escalating in social intensity path like I have.

Jesus that’s depressing

The core problem with any mental illness are the thoughts that run through your head. Start doing mindfulness meditation, incorporate the skills in everyday situations to objectively observe your thoughts, and instead of clinging to those thoughts that stop you from doing shit, let them go and do whatever you want.

>tfw completely content as long as I don't have to communicate with anyone or go anywhere or do anything
>able to fake appearances for social situations
>hate being lonely at the same time
>mfw

also

>invited by friends for NYE
>I want to be miserable and alone and not do substance abuse
>feeling so fucking lonely despite wanting to be alone

I have no issue at all with adressing crowds. In fact, I'm quite a gifted public speaker. But when it comes to girls I can act so stone cold and robot-like. Hardly any of the charisma I have when talking in front of a crowd remains and the girl usually gets bored out

What am I?

I have that condition too, posted above in this thread. I think one can describe it as ULTRA STRAIGHT.

Here are some of the things I did; going to a public gym, spending time with my nephew, spending time with another inpatient, having my hair cut, initiating conversation with stranger, going to the employment agency... I don't really recall all the details but if I can give you one tip: choose one exercise slightly more difficult EACH week.

>normies are dumb as shit
yet they’re living happily and you’re posting about your experiences on a svengali yak-milking forum.

you’re blocking them out because you think you’re better than them, but this is self defense. “I don’t want a normie life” is defense against your inability to achieve it. Everybody has wisdom of some kind, learn to see it in everyone.

Is meditation and mindfulness a meme?

are they really happy living their lives? Whats the divorce ratio among them? Whats their obesity levels? How many of them are depressed because of their social media usage? On how many drugs are they on? How much do they smoke per year? How much alcohol do they drink per year? What kind of drugs do they use per year? How many std's do they have?

Yes and no. Mindfulness can be as simple as focusing on the present and doing it as best as you can.

should somebody be interested I went to Dialectical behavior therapy

>Whats the divorce ratio among them
the first-time divorce rate is only like 20%, don't let jewish lies deceive you

Its 40% here in euro land.

No it isn’t

iktfb
>want to be lonely but hate being lonely

cope. if youre on Veeky Forums something is wrong with you. normal people dont discover and enjoy spending time on this site. there are no well adjusted people here. just accept this and work on your issues instead of comparing yourself to irrelevant statistics

Yeah it's not easy, but it's possible.

I think the point he was making is everyone has problems. Just because you're social or you're 'well adjusted' doesn't equal happiness.

no one denies that but the average person is in a miles away emotionally, mentally and socially than the average Veeky Forums browser

I don't think you could really get over it completely. Only get over certain symptoms and wear a mask in public at most if you know what I mean. Today I went to the gym and talked a lot with this guy who is a regular there. Here is the thing though, I didn't really want to talk to him. Nothing wrong with him and it is nothing personal, its just that I am a very anti-social anxiety ridden NEET.

The strange thing though is I can actually appear completely normal to others in public. I know this for a fact so I'm not even going to reply to someone telling me otherwise.

So going back to me going to the gym today, I had completely normal conversation with a couple people today and laughs but when I got done doing everything I needed to do I walked out without saying goodbye to anybody. I do this often when I go. A large reason I do this is because I don't want to be asked certain questions or for a conversation to go certain ways. I think this is where so many get their social anxiety from. If everyone was a turbo normie, perhaps even a chad, there wouldn't be any reason to feel this way. If you are lacking in any way that you feel you need socially it is going to cause you that anxiety.

The best thing you can do is learn to be competent enough around people so you seem normal and also work on improving anything you feel needs improving about yourself. As long as you've had a gf, friends, and a job you will pretty much be like everyone else and easily have common ground with them.

Ok

Yo /fit, I am a meh looking girl that really struggles to talk to guys. Pls help

Are there any "light" anxiety meds? I don't really want any heavy shit that alters my mental state, I don't even like drinking alcohol for this reason.
It's mostly manageable, but sometimes there are situations that set me off, and I get nauseous, fatigued, no appetite and sometimes diarrhea/gas. I take travel medication for the nausea, but it's still kinda there and I still feel awful.

Yes it is, netherlands specifically, official state census data as well.

statline.cbs.nl/StatWeb/publication/?VW=T&DM=SLNL&PA=37425ned&D1=3-9&D2=(l-11)-l&HD=100526-0713&STB=G1,T

This post describes my experience to a T. There is no real reason for me to act in such a way, I'm objectively a good looking guy with a lot of potential (in a tier 1 law school) yet self esteem kills me. If you're out there reading this, were all gonna make it user.

It’s seriously not a nice place to be in is it

>SSRIs
..are a meme.

Production is where it's at (amino acids).

try some Fluoxetine Hydrochloride is cheap and very good, helped me alot when i lost my father.

No, not at all. And you better believe women can sniff that shit out on you a mile away.

like with weightlifting, there's practice (learning technique and gaining experience) and training (getting strong enough to be able to perform the technique).
So you need to work on your social skills, which is means actually getting better at reading the situation and what actions put people at ease around you,
but at the same time you need to get stronger, which means things like going to a bar to hit and girls, get rejected horribly and realize it's not big deal.
The less stressed out you are about what people think of you, the more mindful you could be of what you actually do around people. You have to train as well as practice to be good at something.
t. used to be autistic but now slightly less autistic.

you don't sound confident, you sound like an asshole.

I consider myself hermit like but it’s threads like these that show me I’m very far from being socially anxious.

False.

My t-levels are garbage (~330) and I am extremely outgoing and can talk to anybody for hours.

I just think of normalfags as pigs and whores and that eliminated all of my social anxiety.

I feel like I have it under control after all these years
For me it was just confidence
When you are on this negative website and you have few people outside of here that are also negative it's hard to remember that you're not a piece of shit but I got a job and hobbies and do whatever I feel like doing and people see me doing that and if nothing else respect it

Only medication that ever helped my social anxiety was adderall. Alcohol also works but there are obvious downsides there.

>tfw home gym

Who INFP here?

I feel like this is common in our personality type but is so fucking hard to think change. Even if i think differently and have a confidenr day where I talk to everyone, I usually relapse the following morning and revert back to a hermit.

this . try the headspace app , find the torrent if your a poorfag.

that's solid advice.

>go inna bars and events alone
>have almost zero social anxiety
>but instead only have hatred
>realize that most are roasties looking for their 30th dick
>everyone regresses to smartphones once in a while
>"lol le booze instagram pic, look how cuul I am" over literally nothing
>all of these thots and people circulating "value" with their meaningless "accomplishments" (overhear them talking)
>when a lot of them are also fat
>some of them also on weed, musicians most likely on other hard drugs
>already grew accustomed to these degenerates on my workplace

got approached by a couple of groups but what do you get. "so this party mang, u liek alcohol". Christ. How can anyone stand these people. I look at the butts of women and want to fuck that, but then I would have to go through the crowds, through the groups and exchange emotions with a bunch of retarded, non conscious entities? THEY ARE SO SIMILAR. Christ what a nightmare.

and this was mostly at generic places, so not just low end but also middle class. The only place that I may have left is to try to weasel myself into upper class places in the hopes of finding some people who may have a soul. To that or more right wingy places perhaps.

>Went to the bar
>Surprised by the bar culture
What did you expect to see where? Literature club meeting?

A more equal representation of society perhaps? Why is it so one sided. And there even was an outdoor city event type of thing. Yet still the same alarm bells went off. The only place where they did not went off as much or not at all was at my previous sports club. The quality of people in the general society is extremely low. I expected it to be more mediocre.

To add to my post: Srsly tho, what is a person like me who may have a few mannerism, and habits of the upper class supposed to do? Very little advice given to us. Should I spend my entire paycheck to learn how to golf lol?

Well why don't you go places you actually like. You obviously don't like drinking party events and like sports clubs. So maybe do the latter more.

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get ignored a lot in this place, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect even though you aren't a trap. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

are you a miscer?

those places dont always have many grills. Not many women want to self improve. Also got an injury which prevented me from participating in them for a while. So I dont know man. Lately I have been trying to dress more the part. To dress more fancy to indicate my status in a non faggy way...well good luck for that in outdoor events. Thinking of getting a tophat and a monocle to fuck with these tards. Already smirk in a vile way at them. I dont exactly enjoy these "mediocre" events but heck, maybe I can squeeze out some joy. I just dont know how to make my disgust more apparent without triggering law enforcement.