/fat/ drink water instead of alcohol for New Year's edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkeatlift.com/losing-strength-while-cutting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am on keto (TKD, no cheat days). Started out worse, here's where I'm currently at. How long until I start seeing any abs?

Calculate your bodyfat. Then go to losertown and guesstimate the pounds you need to be to have abs. Plug that into the body fat calculator again and it should give you a more refined idea of a goal.

Because the first post is an unreasonable request for a time frame with zero info, I want to remind everyone:

Any estimate you see for weight loss won't be 100% accurate.
Your progress won't come as quickly or be as noticeable as you want, generally.

This is my progress from my second month of weight loss (June) until early December. It's roughly 100kg down to 74kg.

I'm still fat and gross. But I'm smaller, especially in my face and tiddies. And that's great. I wouldn't have known how far I've come if I hadn't taken this picture at the beginning.

Me again,

Weight is 220lb/100kg, bf% is roughly 25%, therefore I have roughly 75kg lean mass, so to get down to like 15% I would need to weigh about 85kg.

I have two buddies who are keto experts, one of them estimates it'll take about a month to see significant change, but if it's 1kg/week weight loss it should take 2-3 months to fully get there.

Don't forget you will lose some lean mass losing weight so it might be a bit lower than you think but that's not far off from the goal. Hit that and then readjust when you get there,

weight means little without knowing your height user. also take note that u really should lift while you are seriously willing to lose weight. i made the mistake of not lifting and only dieting and found i dont like looking like a skelly. so i started lifting and put on muscle and now i rather like how i look.
>t 5'6 manlet @ 70kg that can .75/1.5/3/3.25 with ~18% bf

I am 5'10" and my lifts are 2/3/4/5, not really worried about the lifting, only want to maintain or maybe get more reps at this point

how the fuck do i do a pullup jesus i'm like 250lbs

Do pullups when you manage to do 3x8 of Diamond Pushups, either that or start doing Negative Pullups, although I would lose some weight before.

Start with rows.

>le willpower meme
i want the israelite disinformation agents to fuck off

Like the other two said. Work up with rows and do negative pull ups until you're able to do one. You'll feel a real sense of accomplishment when you finally are able to get one in so keep losing weight and keep working your muscles.

Wait how tall are you?

below 200lbs lads

Probably next year. Abs won't show because skin will be loose. Still gj user, keep going.

3x8 of Horizontal Rows, not Diamond Pushups sorry.
3x8 of DPU are for Dips

Congratulations. Keep goin man.

Guys I'm at my ideal bodyweight and I'm skinnyfat . I can't go to the gym but I have got a pair of dumbbells , what do I do ?

Start lifting those dumbbells and doing body weight exercises. Invest in heavier dumbbells as necessary.

Lose more weight or perhaps have liposuction

Lose weight and be stronger

Fuck /fat/. Since when is Veeky Forumsabout fat acceptance?

no way you're 74kg. I'm 85 kg and i look way better than you.

we're not accepting it, we're combating it

a good portion of Veeky Forums is fat bro.

Fuck /fraud/. Since when is Veeky Forumsabout cheating acceptance?

you can do it, too

red heads fuck man

I love how much progress she makes with 8lbs
Started diet yesterday. Ate my dinner too early and woke up hungry then ate 2 cookies because there was nothing else already made but i still ran a big deficit.

She got fat again btw

I read her old blog, she was walking the eating disorder line to get to her lowest weight and she had body dysmorphia. She decided to try 'self accept' and 'love herself' and gained some weight back. She wasnt fat but god knows how big she is now with a body posi mindset.

how was your christmas week, /fat/

gained a pound here

Bought some dumbbells and just started strength training after (semi-successfully) dieting for about a year. Starting at 20 lb weights and will move up when I can, but is this routine alright? Am I hitting the major muscle groups at least? I'm going to move up with reps and sets when I can, but this is what I'm able to do so far.

Flat press- 15 reps, 2 sets
Bicep curls - 15 reps, 2 sets
Dumbbell squats- 15 reps, 2 sets
Dumbbell crunch- 15 reps, 2 sets

What should I add? Remove?

I drank too much. Ended up eating at maintenance but all that beer turned the calories to glucose so I gained four pounds. I decided not to drink for a while although New Year's is tempting.

Bad. I ate way too much. Not gonna step on the scale for another two weeks, just going to slide back into my pre-Christmas diet and routine.

Try to add something for your back. You're starting so you'll learn as you go but keep researching and be consistent. At least three days a week.

Just try scooby's home workouts. Been doing it for a few months has had some good effect.

Not necessarily. It's important to do a high-intensity and low-volume on routine while cutting, to conserve energy for hitting those higher weights, encouraging the body to spare lean mass. Besides, if you at a higher body fat, you should expect to make strength gains if anything

It's demotivating trying to lose weight if you go into it with a "I'm gonna lose muscle because I'm cutting" defeatist attitude

Points 5 and 6

thinkeatlift.com/losing-strength-while-cutting/

Sweet. Another question. I have the sets staggered as pic related. Should sets be right after one another, or is staggering them okay? Or doesn't it matter?

You can do that if you want a quicker workout with less rest time between sets but I prefer doing each exercise and resting between sets. Just my preference though.

Damn imagine if you got her ringed at 200 and then turned her into the cocksock at 124

Decided to lose weight this year and got some help from Veeky Forums. 5'11 and 220 something pounds to 175-180 pounds. Hope to reach 160 sometime in 2018.

Good shit my dude.
Now is the time to throw in some pushups. You're gonna make it.

Thanks. I have been told to avoid sit ups until the last of my belly fat is gone and will focus on push ups and dumbbell work until get the last of the fat gone and start some more serious workouts.

And that's why you are still a virgin.

>be formerly /fat/
>lose weight for over a year
>start my first bulk
>eating 2800 calories a day instead of 1300
>eating pizza and cookies and shit again, but in carefully measured servings
>feels like I'm "betraying" myself even though I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right

I'm 5'4, 225 and I can't do a single pull-up.

How do I fix this aside from just losing weight which I'm working on already

>bought a few pieces of cheap equipment
>so fucking stoked with fitness goals that i want to workout twice in one day
Am I gonna make it?

do negatives

start above the bar and slowly lower yourself.

>tfw I can barely do this
It's bad, user. Real bad...

If you're lifting make sure that you rest. Your muscle builds are made during rest so that's where your gains come from. When you do exercise bring the intensity but allow your body to rebuild itself after it's done.

I know but I'm so fucking pumped. Is this what chads feel when they talk about hitting the gym?

Nigga I had to work on the assisted pull up machine for over a year before I could do my first pull up. Now I can do 4 real ones. Does it sound fair that it took over a year to do four measly pull ups? Fuck no. Am I still stoked that I can do them at all? Fuck yes. Just keep going.

Keep that intensity every week you can man. It will become routine and habitual and then you'll really start making it.

Remember, fatasses, you'll never have a girl take your loneliness away while you're fat. Fatties are not lovable. Throw away those greasy leftovers and buy some fucking kale you losers.

I can always just pay this cuck to let me have sex with his wife

Then explain why studies reliably show "dad bod" is the most attractive to females?

It has to do with confidence more than anything.

You shouldn't be getting in shape just for a girl anyway. Girls could always fuck you in the end, and not in the good way, and will leave you feeling like it's pointless when they rip your guts out. Find something better.

Cheat year is almost over lads.

>caring about girls

18+ website

5'4

Gee, thanks asshole.

I'm 6' and 250 lbs, what should I do to prevent loose skin? I know some is inevitable in my sorry state but I'd like to save money on surgery.

Just plan to get it done for your boobs and stomach.

dont eat shit foods
eat like a pig but healthy shit, those empty processed carbs are useless as fuck

Lift.

Looking a lot better user.

Good job man! Keep it up

Piggybacking off of this, what exactly is the point of no return? I'm 6' and 200 lbs. When I get this weight off, will I become a deflated balloon man?

>5 months
>Lose ~25 pounds
>Suddenly way hungrier all the time
>Gained a little bit back over the last couple of months
What do I do? I used to just notice I had barely eaten 1200 and not even be hungry but now I feel like I'm starving all the time

Remember that a lot of loose skin is actually just stubborn fat clinging to skin. Many people think a healthy weight should be fine, but when you are fat you actually want to focus on a low body fat % (because you want the fat gone). Lifting to build /maintain muscle is important partially because
-it helps your body look better
-it gives your stretched skin material to work with
-the more muscle you have the easier it will be to get to a low body fat percent.

We can't prevent loose skin. It's also hard to predict how much you'll have, especially if you were not a hamplanet. Don't worry about it now, since there isn't really anything you can do. Just lift, that's the thing you actually can do.

>measuring day is tomorrow
>I ate probably more than I should have on Christmas and Boxing day
>mfw

are you hungry or do you just want to eat? that's a problem I faced with food addiction

When I'm eating at a deficit, I'm miserable because I don't know why I'm so concerned about my weight when I'm already at a healthy weight and I'm just denying myself food for no good reason.

When I'm eating without counting calories, I'm miserable because I feel like I'm going to get fat again and I hate myself for it.

help

>drink water instead of alcohol for New Year's edition

drinking water is mostly a meme. prefer beer. beer is healthy. most beer drinkers are thin as long as their diet is healthy. and heavy drinkers are all thin.

i doubt you're gonna have loose skin

Dinner was 90 grams of measured out mozeralla cheese and half a can of disgusting spinach.

Yum yum.

Fucking kill me, least I'm making great progress.

Try actually cooking, dude.

I feel hungry, but I'm going to try and reassess my goals and see if it's not in my head. Though right now I'm definitely hungry

>tfw 550 grams of chicken, 100g veggies, and 2 cups rice for supper
>seasoned just right
>only 1200 calories

so filling and so delicious

Who here 900 cals of food plus a bottle of champagne.

#DietDrunk

Anyone else find it hard to eat proper when they are on holiday? Normally on work days I have a protein shake for brekky at 8, and a medium sized lunch at 12, and then don't eat till 7-8ish, because I do chores when I get home from work.

Since I'm on holidays I have a lot more free time and so have to struggle to find stuff to occupy myself otherwise I eat because I'm bored. On work days, because I leave such a gap for that large dinner, I normally can't even finish it and reach my calorie limit, but lately I have been just barely sticking to it.

Time for pl8 r8 boys

>3700 calroies daily goal

1800 is goal. MFP adjusts based on Fitbit input.

wtf do you run marathons for a living

im down about 120 lbs since sept '16, currently at 300. i used to train powerlifting so i have a lot of muscle, ill probably slim out around 215 but i really dont know. im just changing how i live my life and im watching the effects take place. really going to crack down on eating habits and shit this year.

Military IT. Had command PT and a bunch of labor today but I just said "fuck it" and went about my normal Stronglifts + LISS routine after work.

drinking is fucking stupid bros, all it does is make you want to eat and then beat yourself up for going over your calories

>down to XL shirts
>size 38 pants

Let's make it bros and hoes. 2018 is the Year of the Twig. The fatso comeback tour.

Yes. That's why you get hobbies that keep you busy. I've been visiting museums, taking photographs, and hiking. Can't eat if I'm too busy.

look 4 scooby's tutorial

What is /fat/ doing for NYE?

me bro

Sleeping and hoping for my favorite dojin artist's work to get upped to sadpanda.

>drank 2litre of soda
>ate an entire prime rib
>ate a dozen ginger snaps
>drink half a carton of egg nog

am i ok?

There's nearly 800cal from the 2 liter alone, if it wasn't diet.

How do you think you did?

Wait, why avoid sit ups?

Gonna start bulking soon. 5'11 and 145lbs skinnyfat. Gonna exercise in some form every day and lift 5 days a week and gonna make sure I get at least 150g of protein a day. What should my caloric intake be? I'm estimating around 2,300 but I'm not sure if I should add more due to exercise or take some away. I don't want to eat too much and get fat but also don't want to risk losing out on gains because of burning more calories than I take in.

Ask in QTDDTOT. Don't expect a thread strongly focused on weight loss to provide great bulking advice. If someone gives it, great, I'm just saying I wouldn't plan on getting that advice here.

>still managed to lose 2lbs over Christmas
>get happy
>New Years is making me question what I'm even doing it for in the first place
Aww

He probably got broscienced by his uncle.