Does creatine have any scientifically documented and significant effects other than speeding up your male pattern...

Does creatine have any scientifically documented and significant effects other than speeding up your male pattern baldness? I've been experimenting with it, taking it daily for 1 month, then nothing for 1 month, then again daily for 1 month and I can't really tell any difference whatsoever when I'm on it vs. when I'm off it.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12701815
examine.com/supplements/creatine/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Marginal strength increase

Why are you people all so fucking stupid? You can't even fucking Google something as simple and well-documented as creatine? You need to be spoon-fed everything like some retarded child?

Well I'm not going to spoon-feed you or anyone else. The well-documented benefits and side effects of creatine are on literally hundreds of websites, it's no goddamned secret, GO LOOK FOR IT YOURSELF YOU STUPID FUCK.

Nobody help this idiot. Make him figure it out on his own.

I think you may be spending a bit too much time on Veeky Forums dude. I see your type around the gym all the time and what they all have in common is that they squat with their tiny wee toothpick legs, ogle me awkwardly in the mirror thinking I can't see them, perpetually on the phone typing with their friends about how they're totally at the gym dude, talking shit about the other gym goers as if the place was built in your honor even though you got a membership an entire three months ago. So yeah, stop coming to my gym just to mire me, shit's awk as fuck for both of us.

If I take 5g 30~ mins before training, I seem to have more endurance. My hair has been thinning for years, and I've been using creatine for a few months, so far it's not thinning any faster.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12701815

I'll try a shitty analogy.

Think of training without creatine as driving at 80mph.
Think of training with creatine as driving at 81mph.

Over a short distance it doesn't feel much different at all.
But over a long distance (time) it makes a difference.

You can't "feel" the difference. But if you use creatine for a year, you will make more progress than you would had you not used it.

It causes your muscles to hold more water, increasing their ability to do work harder. Literally high school tier knowledge you fucking brainlet.

Is that 1mph worth the hairloss though?

Creatine is more than a 1mph boost.

OP:
examine.com/supplements/creatine/

Studies show a 12-20% increase in power output. It also raises testosterone and DHT which is why it accelerates baldness in people that get baldness from DHT. So, if you're lifting 12-20% more and have more androgens, you're going to build more muscle.

Not to mention creatine is incredible for your brain, reduces myostatin, makes your bones stronger, etc. It's pretty clear nature intended for humans to be eating fuck tons of red meat every day, and since most of us don't do that anymore, creatine is essential.

I've used plenty of creatine over the years and my hair is as thick and non receding as ever.

That's not how creatine works at all. It allows for ADP -> ATP regeneration at a quicker rate by giving the body more creatine to use to add another phosphate.

The """""hairloss"""" meme is literally based one ONE (1) study done on a tiny sample (11) of SIMILAR males. Rugby players to be precise. Rugby is probably the biggest self-selecting sport in the world for men with high DHT sensitivity because it produces traits that are very beneficial to being a rugby player.

The study didn't properly control for anything and only noted that DHT increased slightly over the period of the study. Given that they were asked to work out consistently during the study, there is no conclusive proof that the creatine was responsible for the small DHT increases.

And that is all forgetting the fact that if you are not DHT sensistive and prone to MPB, then creatine is of literally no risk to your hair.

It really blows my mind that this one badly done study has somehow memed the fitness world into thinking creatine directly causes hairloss.

Also anecdotally, I've been using 5g daily creatine for 5 years and my hair is just as thick as it was before I ever took it.

It'll only cause hairloss if you're predisposed to male pattern baldness. It increases DHT significantly, and DHT is what causes balding if you're predisposed to it.

If you're worried about haiross on creatine, use it and keep an eye on your hair. If you start seeing hair on your hands in the shower or on your pillow, stop taking it.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

What would be the best creatine e to use?

Creatine monohydrate is what all the researchers have used

i have never understood this sentiment on online forums. we come here to ask questions and discuss fitness and exercise. that is what this board is about. he doesn’t want to ask a fucking robot even tho he could. he wants to talk to other people about it and see if they know something he doesn’t. its what a forum is fucking for. its like being on a camaro forum, asking how to rebuild an ls1 and then being told by angry dude who has a camaro and has rebuilt and ls1 to just google it. completely pointless and unhelpful to the discussion.

Your body makes all the creatine you need.

Vegans get a boost in cognitive performance from supplementing with it. Omnivores drop in cognitive performance when supplementing with it.

On top of that, half the samples tested in a study showed heavy metal contamination.

There's literally no money to throw your money away on this scheme.

I'm already bald.... so yes.

Ok, thatnks.

Shut the fuck up.
If you don't do any basic research you are going to waste everyone's time with tard-tier questions.
>err I was taking x dosage. Is that why it didn't have any effect?
>...what is the recommended dose to achieve x result user?
>I dunno
What could my recommendation be other than KYS if you couldn't be arsed to do the bare minimum? And you supporting his dumb ass is how we get monthly threads about how squats and deadlifts are dangerous. Fuckface never researched the form and hurt himself.

/imverysmart/ is on reddit.. where you belong.

>Dude one group of mudslimes said feeding rats onion juice gives them gains.You guys better start eating more onions. Raw ones only though.

>Don't worry about hair loss it's only one study, it's probably not true. Don't you want gains bro?

Veeky Forums - Confirmation Bias

How are you supposed to take creatine? Should I just follow the instructions on the container? Or does any of you have a preferred way to take it that shows results?

injected straight into the liver

I had my liver removed years ago.

try gall bladder

I only have 1 left, I don't want to damage the other one.

Stay away from that shit. Took it for 3 months at 17 and now I am 18 and have thinner hair than my father and my hairline got even worse

Ive been taking a tea spoon of creatine daily for the last 6 years and my hair is fine.

Its really helped me with fatigue. Initially i noticed that it let me complete my workouts without needing to ever drop weight. For example i could do 135 for 10 reps on bench press but then i can only do 25 dips. But if i did dips first i could do 30 reps but only 135 for 8 reps. On creatine i could do 135 x 10 and 30 dips

>creatine
>hairloss

lel what

How does your cycles consist of?

I dont do cycles i just take it year round. I get a break if i go away for vacation but i might use a pwo while im away with creatine in it too so i never really go completely off.

Do you take it before working out?

Yes and no. I take it before bed but i wake up and go to the gym.

I gained just under 10lbs of waterweight in about a week while loading and my lifts went up by about 5% across the board. Just my experience.

You're an idiot. Like previously stated, reading age old articles and click-baits is probably all well and done, but after that it's nice with some actual broscience to complement the ads.

Especially since various reports claim about 20% of the users not getting any effect at all, and it would be nice if todays Veeky Forums diet (onions included) has given people any new thoughts.

Only usefull fucker in this thread lol
Have some thicc ogre

I have male pattern baldness in my family and creatine has done nothing to speed it up. This is just bait.

First of all, only guys give a shit about hair. Most girls put a million other things above hair when it comes to attraction.

Second, you wanna be jacked but lose your hair or you wanna be a small beta with hair?