Are there any sleeping guides Veeky Forums recommends?

Are there any sleeping guides Veeky Forums recommends?

I'm having a really tough time sleeping more than 6 hours a night.

Go to bed earlier/sleep in later and dont get out of bed.

NO caffiene at all; if you cant help that, no caffiene after 12pm at least.
I like to use sleepyti.me to maximize my sleep gains by making sure i wake up between sleep cycles.

MADE

I'd say go a day without sleep at all to reset your clock, then sleep early and wake up early. Keep that pattern of sleeping early and waking up early. No caffeine.

Try to limit water intake before bed. Practice good sleep hygeine (Limit screens use, use f.lux, go to bed earlier).

Set a wake up time and stick to it no matter what.

Reading before bed instead of looking at your phone or computer helps. Go to bed and wake up at consistent times, even on the weekends if you can

get a proper rhythm for sleeping and read before bed

Are you so retarded you literally need a "guide" to tell you how to sleep?

Nigga what would you do if you had to get by in life without other peoples' #LifeHacks?

go to nature for about a week live in tent bring shittone of books etc, but nothing with clocks or light expect campfire, your inner clock should synchronize with sun again

We went over this like 2 years ago. Melatonin and ZMA

At what time do you go to sleep/wake up?
How's the room where you're sleeping?
Do you take your phone with you when you sleep?
You can try eating more bananas or pineapples at night because they got melatonin in them.

Have you been having issues with anxiety, OP? That's my problem. I'm really disciplined about sleep hygeine yet still have trouble sleeping. Have you tried meditation? Helps somewhat.

reading before bed is a positive. i feel like ive gotten a stronger imagination and my dreams have benefited positively.

-keep room temperature cool
-make your room pitch black

Kys

this is dumb ignore it

you know that's.. actually pretty smart advice

I wish I had your problem.
I am able to sleep all day long, i can eat x amount of caffeine pills, nootropics and I will fall asleep asap.

Hoping you're still checking this I rarely post on Veeky Forums but feel like I have some good info here.

Before learning about insomnia I would regularly have 3 day stretches of basically no sleep. I can say for sure that most of what's been posted here is wrong. Live by these guidelines:

Keep the same wake time EVERY DAY

Set your bed time so that you will only sleep 5 and a half hours (you'll extend this gradually)

Keep this schedule for a week - it will fucking suck the first few days but do not nap. If you can't sleep at night get out of bed and do something relaxing without a screen UNTIL YOU ARE SLEEPY again, then go lie down (provided there is time before your wake time).

Once you sleep for 5.5 hours every night (with no unwanted wakings) - and you fucking will end up sleeping like a log for this time if you have the balls to keep at it - then add 30 minutes to your sleep schedule and repeat (sleeping 6 hours). Repeat the cycle until you hit a number between 7.5 and 9 hours that allows you to sleep soundly for the entire time.

More info on this - google sleep restriction therapy. It has worked better than Ambien in studies.

Most people have a natural circadian rhythm slightly above 24 hours. Circadian rhythm gets synchronized to a 24 hour day with the help of several things, most important being light exposure.

After waking up and during the first ~12 hours of your day try to get exposed to a lot of light, preferably sunlight. After that try to avoid light, especially blue, as much as possible. Doing this actually makes it so your circadian rhythm gets phase advanced so it actually is shorter than 24 hours, allowing you to fall asleep much faster and even moving your sleeping rhythm earlier, so its very important if you need to change your sleeping rhythm.

I travel a lot so i use this phase advance to recover from jet lag as fast as possible. Note that most people can only change their circadian rhythm about 30mins per day. Melatonin also helps with this.

So if you wake up normally at 9am you should get light exposure from 9am to 9pm and avoid light from 9pm to 9am. If you need to suddenly wake up at 6am and get exposed to sunlight, your circadian rhythm actually gets phase advanced and it will be harder to fall asleep next night.

Also people who claim they don't need more than 6 hours of sleep are most often retards that have gotten so used to being sleep deprived that they don't realize how much it impairs them. Unless you are some sort of extremely rare genetic wonder you need at least 8 hours of sleep.

Avoid alcohol and caffeine near bedtime. If you need to drink coffee, try to do it during morning/early day.

>7.5 and 9 hours of sleep
when will you people learn

Rate my horrible sleep habits.

how do you make it through the day with 1-2hrs?

Those are afternoon naps

FOR

BBC (Big Bloat Cock)

what app is this?

Thank you. I'm op and I always come back to my threads after they archive.

>Limit exposure to blue light a few hours before bed. Start using f.lux
>Don't drink caffeine anytime past 3pm
>Turn off all technology an hour before bed.
>Try journaling / meditation to clear your mind so you're not worrying about life when you should be resting.

i read on phone

>unironically sleeping 1/3 of your life away
>not just taking a series of 20 minute naps
Fucking sleepcuck

>not wanting physical OR mental gains

In contrast with ADHD medication (often uppers) being used for stimulation; it's possibe that getting enough protein / supplements for neurochemical (serotonin, dopamine) production (et al.) is super helpful.

Fuuugg I'm on a 10 day christmas break from my job and this was my plan initially, decide to stay home instead, now I'm basically nocturnal.

I unironically did this sleep schedule while a student. It was pretty nice, but I was DYEL at the time. I feel like it wouldn't be good if you're training.

Yeah except the whole fucking world revolves around the typical monophasic sleep cycle, Oh nice I'm up at 3AM this is great there's so much I can do
fuck off

Give us your sleep schedule then, faggot
If it's so easy.

the best way i have found to sleep

>have big comfortable message chair in my room (pic related)
>when its late and feel my eyes getting dry/heavy
>sit in it and turn off lights and watch tv/netflix
>suddenly wake up and its like 1 am or something
>stumble over to bed
>lie head on pillow and asleep in 15 seconds

>being this dense
Go back to where you came from

Not that user but it literally is, alright here we go I’ll take it slow for you brainlet
>first, get ready for bed clotheswise or get your pjs or for me I go underwear only
>get in bed
>clothes my eyes

And boom! Asleep after a few moments. Hopefully you understood that but if you have any questions let me know!

Don’t forget your 8 hrs of sleep as well! I have work in the morning so I go to bed around 11, wake up at 7! It rhymes so it’s easy to remember! Good luck!!

Fuck you, I can't sleep if there's anything to look at like tv, or even stuff to think about. My sister falls asleep during every movie we watch together and has fallen asleep while driving three times. I have to get a bunch of sun, physically exhaust myself, wear blue light locking glasses, and cut all technology an hour before bed to get any sleep at all.

Stop jerking off and staring into a blue light monitor/phone screen right before you go to sleep ....

what are we supposed to learn, amigo?

>Tfw monphasic sleep
>Days are STILL not filled with enough shit to keep me from being bored
>Implying i want to uberman when i don't even want to be awake

Jerking off helps with sleep though retard
(Op buy some Playboy's if they're still in print)

That's pretty horrible. You should want to see 8 hours minimum everyday.

Any sleep help for a night shift guy

Define night shift bro. How long are shifts, how often eg 4 on 4 off or what. Do you only do nights or do you rotate with days?