399 lbs for $40. Did I do well?

399 lbs for $40. Did I do well?

He threw this in too

yes

show boi pussy

I'd get a new bar if I were you. Nobody likes having a bunch of rust get on their hands, not to mention its likely to fall in your eyes while benching.

nice

Yes and no.

For $40 that's a lot of weight, but ideally you want Olympic weights.

For $300 I found the following on OfferUp:
>7' Oly bar
>2 Oly curl bars
>2 Oly DB bars
>6 45's
>2 35's
>2 25's
>6 10's
>4 5's
>6 2.5's

Plus:
>5' regular bar
>2 regular DB bars
>2 10's
>4 7.5's
>4 5's
>4 2.5s
>4 1.25's

And:
2 20lb Hex DBs
2 15lb Hex DBs

Yes. Easily worth hundreds.

This. Weights are pretty good Id invest in a new bar though.

>$300
Dude, he paid 13% of that. The weights alone are worth more than $40. And witht he money he saved, he could easily upgrade over time.

This.

Good job op, more than worth it

He doesn't need olympic weights to start lifting. user made a great investment. You just want to show off your rich man's home gym. Fuck off, you are acting like a nigger.

I agree. Not getting Oly plates really lessens the value. That said it's a good price to just stay out with.

He can resell and buy Oly plates and a bar if he sticks with it.

its like a dollar a pound so yea you did well

Jealous as fuck
Where I live a 5kg plate goes for $25.
I don't know who's buying them.

Olympic weights only matter if you want to olympic lift or powerlift. For all other purposes weight is weight.

it give you $50 for that

>spending $40 on old equipment

You should have bought new weights so they'll last longer you stupid fuck.

You can oly lift without oly weights or just with two bumper plates.

>buying decades old lifting equipment

You gona need a tetnis shot every-time you use it.

>the virgin brainlet consumer

def cheaper then i paid for 200lbs

Omg, you got scammed. Everyone knows that these plates oxidize and lose weight over time. You're probably looking at ~250 lbs at most, these have lost most of their weight.

Stick to the gym, manlet.

It's good, you done well OP.

Think about finding ways to sell the other, smaller plates, you only need 2 of those; what you need it multiple plates.

unless you're a supersetting madman

>last longer
how the fuck does metal plates wear out to a point that you can't pick them up over and over again?

fuckin idiot

Uhh, the more you use it the faster it'll wear out. If you buy weights that are old you'll just have to buy new ones soon anyway

how stupid are you

Not nearly as stupid as the dude that spent $40 on worn out weights.

breh....

this must be bait (the rust be great)

"I only buy new" is the gayest thing anyone could ever say

While the "weight rusts away" user is retarded or bait, I always by new because when you buy used it comes with the energies of its previous owners who might've been drunkards, manlets, soyboys or just plain bad people.

"worn out"... it's fucking hard metal, where is your physics badge retard brigade

does it hurt when you are this stupid?

>he never heard of plate degradation
Keep lifting your "45s" lmao

RUST IS LIGHTER THAN METAL YOU TARDS

Oh no, a thin layer of rust on my weights! Now I'm only lifting 44.9lb plates!!!!!
Get out retard.

>Iron and oxygen is lighter than just iron

yeah the energy stored in iron gets released and it gets lighter, do you even STEM?

You also have to factor in plate hole expansion, so it's more like 39.5

It will literally take a hundred years to make a noticeable difference, you fucks.

>muh principles
>takes a fucklong time to get even weight a gram less
>OP to brainlet to repaint the plates and calibrate them

this thread

One word:
Tetanus.

Clean the rust out of ALL of those things, and coat them in a protective layer, and THEN it's healthy even to touch them.

Wouldn't the mass from the extra chemical energy be negligible compared to the extra mass from oxygen atoms?

People losing their minds over this obvious bait
Fuck

Querstion: Is everyone in America this retarded? Cancelling my vacation if yes.

Haha this board is so fucking retarded. I baited the fuck out of these idiots.

Just remove the rust though

Eat my ass please

Op i’ll buy it all from you for 50

Enjoy your injuries!

witness american appraising skills everyone

That's a great deal man.
I agree with the other anons get a new bar. Better to play it safe.

he can start with that and later only use the weight in dumbbells and buy Olympic weights for barbells

lmao there are people e-statting their gym equipment now

dude, i had to spend 10$ for a single 5kg dumbbell

Jesus fuck man I payed a lot more for a lot less.

Can confirm. Bought my weights and bench off Craigslist from Chad. His wife was a 9/10. In 1yr I hit 2/3/4/5, 8%bf, lost my virginity, and am now married to a 10/10 fit blonde with whom I sired three children ages 11, 5, an 3mos.

Not really the weight set I bought 2 years ago one of the plates is lighter then the rest and it's been in a heated garage the whole time sgot randomly gets fucked

You done good. You got what's needed to start.

toplel

>haha i was just pretending to be retarded

You can't do any sort of heavy deadlifts, squats, shrugs, etc. with a cheap standard bar without fucking it up. They're not made for it. If you want to get strong, should a get 7' Oly bar and Oly plates.

Good job

How will a standard bar fuck that up?

clean em and spray paint them black for the aesthetics

400lbs of standard plates and a weider bench with leg and cable attachment is worth $250

>euro appraisals

>tetnis

Yes, but the rust can flake off, so still a net decrease in weight. Still negligible tho.

That's a really good find, and a nice set to start off with, if you enjoy lifting you should invest more on Olympic equipment later so start saving up. Also if you haven't already get some rust remover and some paint to make the plates look nice and new.

Crazy good price user. I am jelly.

I've paid so much fucking money for weights over the years.

Maybe 1 or 2 lbs rusted off per plate. I would weigh them make sure