Poor fag here just want to ask you guys how much I can do with the home gym pull up bars what are your recomendation...

poor fag here just want to ask you guys how much I can do with the home gym pull up bars what are your recomendation etc,also is are pull up bar pushups any good or should I stick with the regular

pullup bar pushups hit your muscles in a slightly different way, but its so un-noticeable. With a pullup bar you will only be able to build a back as a beginner. You could train other things with advanced movements but i doubt you have the strenght to do them.

will say wearing a back packs with weight in them help if I want to get a better back

of course but can you even do pullups without weight?

yes I can user

They're a complete rip off and the only thing they're good for is fucking yourself in the ass with them. I'm dead fucking serious user. They serve no function towards helping you with situps or pullups, and most doors won't allow what simplistic device is required to keep the thing suspended and from breaking or falling when supporting your weight.

t. Fucking retard who couldn't figure out how to install a piece of metal tubing in a doorframe

>poor
>what do I buy first?
This is why you're poor. There are many effective body weight exercises that target the exact same area that the pull up bar does. Pike push up, for one. The handstand push up is more advanced.

I have the same model as in pic related, it's enough to do some pullups and whatnot for me (68kg) but when my bud uses it (~90kg) the door frame squeeks audibly so I guess it really depends on your weight whether or not you should use those.

that or he's fat as fatass, although I'm a manlet so I hang off shit with ease

get one of the ones that you screw into the wall, not the doorframe ones

I started with one of these a few months ago and to start with couldn't even do a single pullup or chinup. Started with negatives - the pain's odd, unlike weights you feel it in your sides and back - anyway. Yeah, I can do about 5 chinups in a row without stopping now and about 2 pullups. Shit but a noticable improvement on not being able to do any.

Oh, and that feel when you finally pull yourself up and keep yourself there - damn, feels awesome and makes you want to do more in the future.

>bodyweight
This is why Veeky Forums is DYEL

I was doing the bodyweight meme for a year, 60-90 pull-up and 50-100 push ups depending on the day and my frame obviously improved but not as noticeable as 3 months lifting heavy compounds.

I've done a bit of reading into it and it seems that the general thinking is that bodyweight exercises make you overall stronger because they hit various muscle groups whereas lifting is great for hitting specific muscle groups.

Seems like overall, the best route is to do both for maximum performance. But if you're after primarily after aesthetics (most of Veeky Forums) then weights are the way forward.

felt a lot stronger doing bodyweight exercises yeah, back muscles are underrated af.

>Pull-ups target the same muscles as push exercises
Am I reading your post right?

>bodyweight exercises without progressive overload

based retard

They're pretty handy things. Nothing mindblowing, but having one hanging in the doorframe makes it pretty enticing to just do a few pull ups every time you pass it. Went from 5 to 12 pull ups very quickly without following any schemas.

Chin-ups, pull-ups and dead hangs.

The obvious really.

You should try to do weighted chin-ups, but we aware that these bars usually only can handle around 100 kg in total.

t. Americuck
Usa is the only place I've ever seen with door frames that stick out