I always knew he was a chad

Why did he leave? I sometimes have nightmares that Garagebro will leave us

im so happy for him

You're a big friend

he went over to the dark side lad

hes done it before
it will happen again

knut would be proud

I remember when I first started browsing plg I would ctrl+f bodorio and skip every other post... :(

i miss knut

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DrS5IIQIxek [Open]

Eric bugenhage and jujimufu shit on RPE, the ineptitude is palpitable.

17:47

RPE is a gimmick.

Start light, progress slow, set prs, eat protein, have sex, love life.

>palpitable
lmao dumbass

Happy for him tBh

>have sex

Cool story, but it’s going to be the norm soon

thank you jim

palpable, I’m un retarded

0.2 Plazma™ has been deposited in your account.

>break OHP PR Christmas eve
>wake up the next morning sore but feel great
>head over to my parents house for Christmas day
>got my mom a giant 5 foot jewelry cabinet for Christmas
>not particularly heavy but large and awkward
>go to take it out of car by myself
>carry it to house
>lose balance and it begins fall sideways
>able to save cabinet
>sharp pain whenever I externally rotate shoulder

Why is it always something bros...

That's life. What was your OHP PR? And was mommy dearest happy with her present?

how much, if any, pre-workout stretching do you do? I bike to my gym and do some light dynamic movement before i workout. ive never had any problems until recently - ive started to feel some tightness in my adductors when i squat

i do limber 11 every day (after my workouts on exercise days). should I start doing agile 11/some other stretching routine before my workouts?

I don't do any the only thing I do is I dead hang when I first go into gym and just warm up with bar squats are the only exercise where I spend a good amount of time warming up with bar to get the bar in the right place.

I know man. Honestly it's just a tinge pain and will be good as new in 3 weeks or so. It just fucking sucks that I now have to put heavy pressing on hold while I rehab it.

PR was max reps with 135 x 14

She was really happy. It was the first Christmas I have had enough money to get everyone in my family really great presents as well as GF.

Pls be kg

Depends on if I'm doing upper body or lower body that day.

Upper Body:
>Shoulder movement in all 3 planes of motion
>(3x15) RBand Up and Arounds
>(3x15) RBand Face Pulls
>(3x15) Lying RBand Pull Aparts
>(20 reps) High TUT Push-ups
>(2x10) Dumbbell Cuban Press (with 20lb dumbbells)
>1 minute static hang

Lower Body:
>Limber 11

lbs :^)

3x3 187lbs

Fuck I replied to myself

do i need to buy that plazma stuff

No. But you better have a freezer full of ground beef, and a fridge full of eggs.

And if your balls don't work, get on test. Or find a more delicate hobby.

>freezer full of ground beef

One of the best bits of advice ive seen on plg

In my freezer currently:
5kg chicken breast
3kg ground beef
1kg pork shoulder
1kg brisket joint
600g beef roasting joint
1kg diced steak

Every month its the same thing. Someone becomes obsessed over a program or sub culture and spams it on plg until 2/3rds of all posts are either from the same guy or about this topic.

Its really autistic and it just doesn't stop.

shutup this wendler meme is good

Its not a meme. Its a forced meme and its actually autistic.

garagebro, can you give me a form check?

Sure

wow, thx man.

Specifically the two squat videos. I only have 3 videos up.

instagram.com/heroesofmightandmagic3/

The squats without a pause were perfect

The pause squats there was quite a bit of knee cave, you have weak hips

Do pause squats to a box, slightly wider than your normal stance and do 25% of your pulls sumo if youre a conventional puller

Ok. Do I need the box?
Also, I'm already a sumo puller.

So guys yesterday I was doing deadlifts trying to go for a new record. Since my normal gym was closed I used a new gym for a single entry for one day and the guy working the counter watched me doing the deadlifts.
After I finished he came over and said if I lift again like that I will fuck up my discs. Since I had form problems in the past I thanked him and asked for advice on how to improve my form, but the only thing he told me was that if I don't plan on going for championship stuff I should just do either half rom deadlifts or sumo-deadlifts since the deadlift itself is just an useless and unneccessarsy excercise.

Should I really swtich to sumo or can I work on my flexibility to fix my deadlift form?

>he actually managed to make you doubt that conventional deadlifts are useless

you should go back to that gym and piss on his face

This guy once approached me about my deadlifts and next day i see him with a cast on his foot and wrist. He fell on his side playing basketball. I took every occasion to remind him for about 4 months until he finally quit the gym.

>deadlift is a useless unnecessary exercise

The only people I've ever known with that opinion are loud and dumb.

geez

If you feel you need to limber up before a workout, Army "Preparation Drill" before workouts. 10 calisthenics exercise in

Look at your pause squat, youre only reinforcing poor motor patterns

Upload a video of your sumo pull please, could be going wrong, most are

>I'm in my 50s
what are you doing in /plg/

He was sort of correct but sounds like his delivery was wrong

If you have no plans to compete then considee dropping the competition deadlift in favour of a variation with lower risk of injury, i replaced deadlifts with block pulls for well over a year post disc herniation

Why does your mommy let you on the internet?

neglectful parenting, now why are you here? Don't you have a wife or kids to spend time with?

Your lack of self awareness doesn't make RPE a gimmick.

>Start light, progress slow, set prs, eat protein, have sex, love life.

None of that is mutually exclusive to using RPE.

If you are not going to compete then there are a bunch of other variations that are safer that you can do (rdl, block pulls, hack, etc).

So will you drop barbell bench if you stop competing since it fucks everyone's shoulders?

>have sex
>love life

I suspect it's the same guy that used to roleplay minor fitness youtubers in 2015 or so. First it was Mattdoesfitness, then Blevins.

Only cucks and literal gdes think deadlifts are unsafe.

Gimmicks won't make you stronger. They give you excuses. Keep lifting simple. It's supposed to feel hard.

>First it was Mattdoesfitness
lol i forgot about that

>Rather than aim to be the next Mike T and pull with a perfect flat back
>Disregard the exercises all together and do something else
I will never ever understand this mentality whether it's here or whether it's people that go from eating the average american diet to raw veganism rather than cleaning up their diet.

Dogma is easy. Making decisions is hard. People are lazy.

Everyone uses RPE whether they codify it in the way RTS has popularised or not. Obviously utilisation is on a spectrum (like you) but using RPE versus percentages or any other method of divining intensity isn't an automatic ticket to sandbagging your program.
The same person that uses RPE as an excuse to train lighter or not push is the same person who constantly deloads, adjusts percentages etc on a none RPE program.

I like to use RPE in my training journal to quickly note down how the last rep felt. It's very useful in that regard

this. tfw can never be strong in the eyes of Jim Wendler

hello lovely misters

I stopped plifting about 2-3 years ago. The important thing is that i have time now. But i face some weird issue i never had before in my life: lazyness/depression/low energy/etcetc you know the stack, its mostly neckbeards that have these.
I could have opened a thread on Veeky Forums to ask and follow advices, but 3 years ago the only reliable place that knew its shit and were lovefull was plg, im here with hope.

Im not sure what im looking for or what i need. I have all the knowledge, but its on a spiritual and emotional level that i need motivation.

I also have an issue with food, malnutrition, i will fix this as of next month. But i need advice on improving my appetite. I used to pump 1 liter of water after a big meal, this way i got hungry within a hour.

again, idk why im here but i know im gonna get something from you guys

RPE is a gimmic.

"Leaving a rep or two in the tank" is old as fuck. How you feel is a lie.

Maybe if you tried harder and thought less you wouldn't be a mess.

I am coughing out yellow mucus this is really gross :(

RPE is an excuse to not fucking live it

you got sleep apnea

Guys good news! That twinge in my butt that i was blogging about is leaving! Ill try doing a light squat session today to ease into it and ill start doing the texas method on Tuesday. It will be a full week since i really squatted though (and i was peaked) so should i start will a lower percentage for volume day or should i still have the strength to do it normally?

take it easy lad there is always a false hope period with these things where you think everything is back to normal and bam it sets you back.

Am I actually supposed to rotate my elbows forward/upward when I snatch grip a barbell? Why?

>>>/owg/

Doesn't exist.
Do I do that when I train my lats by grippig with a snatch grip or is that only relevant for oly lifts as it helps with whatever?

Fuck this

Whats gde stand for?

Genetically destroying everyone

Id do nothing but floor press if im honest

531 works well for me. Thanks Jim.

Wtf is deload. Fuck that. Unless your competing. Live it. Lift heavy always.

Used the old nautilus pullover machine earlier, same model dorian yates used to use, all lat zero arm, felt really good

Can someone look at my paused dl and squats from today, for some reason everything felt like shit today. I'm hoping it's just shit day, but still better safe than sorry.
youtube.com/watch?v=dvuxGqWaJNk
and
youtube.com/watch?v=SGL6cUfzlnI

Top bodies had one, I do miss it. In fact it's the best gym for training back I've been in I reckon.

I was down at HiRep in folkestone, been going there each week cause one of the team has a comp in jan that will be on that mono

Squat looks fine. Pauses... Hold a sec longer and don't rock back so hard. Did you squat after deads? Deads look like it might have taken a toll on your back, this making squats less optimal. BTW, great job adding pauses. I've added them over the last 6 mouths and seen some limit breaking.

Planned deloads are better than unplanned. Every 6 weeks.

0 tightness

If you need them. Most don't.

Yes, it helps with getting the proper second pull. Try doing the second pull isolated with a stick. You'll end with your elbows being pointed upwards. If you don't pull with the elbows pointed outward, it's easier to try to make the 2nd pull with straight arms resulting in the bar swinging forward and ultimately losing the snatch forward.
but if you aren't doing oly just do whatever feels comfortable

WHY ARE MY FUCKING ELBOWS SO SOREEEEEEEEE

squats were first then dls, I felt like shit on both tbf. Was supposed to do 150kg paused dls and ended up doing 120 because after first rep on 150 I couldn't even get 2nd up.
can you elaborate?

I'm hardly a supporter of the RPE meme, but Burgerhaugen is a colossal faggot.

If you dont need them, you aren't adding weight to the bar.

IM SO F U C K I N G FAT

Know that feel bro

So bloated from all the xmas eating my hands are swollen and deadlifts were hard to hold today, did some axle holds for time 3x60s to work on grip

Its just crept up on me when I was in the brightly lit changing room trying on clothes and every shirt clinged around my fat chest and nips and muffin top.

I dont know how any of you guys get fat. Im being dead serious when i say that when im doing more barbell movements, focusing on PL'ing and not doing hypertrophy bodybuilding work, i literally cant get fat. I have been eating so much, gaining so much weight and most of it seems to be quality mass. Where did this meme come from that you cant be big or aesthetic from powerlifting??? because ive found it to be the complete opposite. I used to have a really weak core and even when i was at low bodyfat i didnt have great abs but its been like 6 months that ive been focusing on powerlifting and ive probably gained 15 more lbs and at least 4% bf and my abs look BETTER now than they did when i was doing a bodybuilding routine this summer while cutting. Is powerlifting the ultimate redpill for natty lifters?

I train at home but I noticed my bench is shorter (14.5-15") than the benches at meets and gyms. Does this hinder my progress?