How the fuck do I stop losing money?

How the fuck do I stop losing money?
I started with 5000 dollars 4 months ago, now I'm down to 669 dollars. At first I thought I'd just buy BTC and hold, but then I found about altcoins and everything went to shit. It was also bad when I found about margin... What the fuck do I do now? How the fuck do I learn how to trade?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5988799/Parrot-beats-investors-in-South-Korean-stock-market-contest.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What have you learned out of your mistakes? What did you do to lose so much. Maybe think about that and then ... do the opposite in terms of attitude and your actions.

That was your lesson, education is expensive ,stop taking risks as large as in margin trading, prepare carefully before entering a trade and define when to exit a trade in case it turns against you

so here's the first step.

record every single trade you make, print out the graph, and write down the reason why you made it and what went wrong or right

read a book, follow some tutorials, or get someone to mentor you.

but tbf this stuff probably is not for you. just become and investor instead of a trader.

>At first I thought I'd just buy BTC and hold, but then I found about altcoins and everything went to shit
The story of Veeky Forums. Protip: Go into margin trading to turn your 669$ into 50$ in absolutely no time, guaranteed.

Op i am EXACTLY THE SAME 5k and i got tricked by omg

Currently working on a project that will get me money back

oh fuck i also bought omisego..
and i bought when it was so cheap, then i sold to buy fucking signatum

i'm such a fucking retard

You entered in late july? You would have bought 2 BTC with 5k. You would be at nearly $16,000 in value right now.

If you don't know how to trade and make stop losses, then don't do it.

invest the rest of your money in qtum, you'll earn all those money back in no time

buy low sell high is hard for many because they get greedy

you have to be convervative in the profit, the moment you see a profit take it, don't wait too long. buy dips, take your shitcoin losses and move them to a more stable coin, don't let them get even bigger

what i've noticed is that it takes me 4-5 trades to make like 100 dollars, but only 1 trade to lose it all... i think i set my stops really badly.

This is what happens when you take advice from a Japanese Origami Forum on day trading.
I researched a lot before investing and I put most of my money into ETH, ETC, and BQX so far so good.
I fell for a few threads and got some ARK and some BCPT at the advice of biz and they have done nothing, they lost a little Ark is doing okay, but BCPT is killing me lately.

>How the fuck do I stop losing money?
never put more then 10% in new altcoins
never use more then 10% for margin
if you can't follow this rules seek professional help for gambling addiction

This is exactly why trading is risky business. And in the end, trading is rarely more effective than investing. Did nobody here ever hear this story about the parrot?

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5988799/Parrot-beats-investors-in-South-Korean-stock-market-contest.html

Some tips I learned:
1. Do not day trade
2. Only hold solid top 10 - 20 coins (never shitcoins)
3. Never chase pumps
4. Be patient

Optional: always have a BTC hedge of 50%. Don't have enough money to do this sadly.

> 4. Be patient
The most important lesson that gets forgotten all the time on Veeky Forums. But what do you expect from a board where threads disappear whenever they're not instantly pumped?

>Optional: always have a BTC hedge of 50%. Don't have enough money to do this sadly.
Protip: Bitcoin is available in units smaller than 1. There is no excuse.

I think the third one is one of the best tips. A few times when I chased pumps I made money but those were also the times when I lost the most.

The only way to make money the past 2 months is with BTC. Wait for an alt bull run

But low sale high. Stop buying at the peak of pumps.

you know you answered your own question right?
>but then I found about altcoins and everything went to shit

i went all in on sia coin , back in like march, when it around 00000650, i think. so here i am, stuck with a shit load of siacoin. i dont want to sell it and take the huge loss. so i guess i just have to hold until maybe years from now, it gets back to 650

OP never listen to biz
I made out like a bandit on bitcoi
every shitcoin shilled here on biz has cost me money
again DONT LISTEN TO BIZ

because you get memed into buying pumped bags at inflated prices. the market is actually still bullish AF, you just have to pick the right bags at the right time

if you listen to biz, you will lose everything. i dumped everything into siacoin, bancor, golem, aragon, reddcoin, dgb. they were going to "explode" and take us to lamboland. well. you know the rest

>started 4 months ago
>margin

Think I've found your problem. Noobs should NEVER trade with margin, especially in crypto as its already volatile enough for amateurs

I first got into crypto by putting $1000 into Elix at 20 cents and now its worth $400 lmao fuck my shit up senpai put a dildo in my butt

you just have to 8x your current capital. regardless, you have to understand there must be losers for others to be winners. that's how a ponzi works. that's how social security works. that's how the economy works. that's how life works.