How many days a week should you exercise? Can you exercise every day?

How many days a week should you exercise? Can you exercise every day?

8hrs a day every day

oh god they're here

If you do a proper routine: 3-4 days a week.

If you do a meme routine: 5-7 days a week as you’ll be mostly doing worthless shitty exercises that require you to do tons work in order to see the same results you could have training smart 3-4 times

The gist of pmost physical activity guidelines is something to get the heart rate up every day, strength training at least 2-3 days per week.

this

When you lift you destroy the muscle.
Then it recovers and gets slightly bigger.
If you train every day it won't grow.

Absolutely, go as hard as you can push yourself.

Espeically when it comes to typically lifting routines. These sissy skinnyfats think that the 3 days a week meme is somehow significant.

3-5 days a week
Yes, you can lower volume in order to compensate.

What is a proper routine?
I'm pretty new and would like to start off right.

Starting strength

T-rex meme routine. Do Starting Aesthetics if you want to look good. Pic related.

This is the most retarded shit I've ever read

meme advice aside, go research starting strength by mark rippletoe. read the book, look at the routine, watch some videos. this will serve as a basis and will work for the next 3 months.

also, you're a faggot for deciding to start in january.

this is trash

also, to add on to that, read the fucking sticky. then read it again.

>ctrl+f sticky
>0/0
Disgust.

delete your post

For minimal gains and maintenance?
True full body workout(Legs Back Front, Arms Abs) once a week
Cardio/anaerobic exercise twice
That's it.

If you want basic fitness flexibility and health?
A simple 20 minute morning calisthenics, stretching routine with 20 minutes of jogging or long afternoon walks done 5 days out of the week is more then enough.

Do this OP. *F means to failure. And really push it.

Idiot. Do you not know what "rest" means? It means sleep, not skipping the gym and sitting on the couch all day 3x a week

Yeah dude, go do a full body routine every day. Fucking idiot.

so i should be good if i just follow this to a T, or should i research around more? i was thinking of starting a program to get Veeky Forums these last few months but i think im gonna hold off till january to start the year off right

Research more. The picture he linked is satire, and is intended to misguide the less knowledgeable.

If you read the sticky, it'll give you almost everything you need to know to start off on the right foot.

Why do we even bother having a fucking FAQ

Well if it's an FAQ why do you call it a sticky? do you think normies care about what a sticky is?

Uh what? I lift everyday except Sunday, i Target one group of muscles per day with the exception of biceps and tri. Explain how it’s wrong without me telling you my routine, go ahead you completely retarded memer

Lol

>Brosplit
>TELL ME WHATS WRONG

I lift 7 days per week.

I squat 7 of those days and alternate upper pushes and pulls.

that picture the guy sited is b8, you want to do ONLY COMPOUND LIFTS, only the big 4
OHP
Bench
Deadlift
Squat
Do SS or SL, if you're a total beginner I recommend SS because SL can be too much volume for a beginner, but just do SL for 4 months, EAT if you're skinny (dont count just make sure you got enough broteins) and if you're not skinny eat around 500 kcal below maintenance.

10/10

Full body- 3 times
PPL- 6 times

Doing brosplits is shit tier. Never workout 7 days a week, having a proper rest day is crucial.

Stretch every day after working out and cardio 3 times a week is optimal.