Vegan Thread

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

Animals ethics crash course -youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient as retards should have the same moral status

iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem -yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-homineme.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman -yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawmane.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature -yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-naturee.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque -yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoquee.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Honest Advertising for Omnivores

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE

Discord

discord
.gg/mdK999

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/1602522.pdf?origin=ppub
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey, im a meat eater, but one day i'd like to go vegan.

My problem is:

>The price of food while still maintaining a 3000 calorie diet and hitting all the macros i need.

Im a uni student. If i was in a full time job, i'd do it in a heartbeat, though. Thoughts?

Why is she so perfect guys?

Also, as a university student how do I maintain a vegan diet. I live in a traditional dorm leaving me to eating what the school is serving which at most aren't vegan. Anything cheap and easy I can prepare and snacks will be great.

Beans, rice, lentils, bread, pasta, and vegetables aren't expensive.

This is true, but hitting a 3000 calorie diet while eating vegan food would require many huge meals a day, yeah?

Banana's in morning. Scary how much calories those guys have. Also, peanut butter.
Not necessarily. A Banana, oatmeal, peanut butter shake in the morning is about 800 calories. Adding a little bit of protein powder can help greatly.

Hitting 3000 calories should require huge meals regardless of diet unless you're eating garbage like cake.

However, it is true that vegan foods aren't as protein dense as food like chicken breast, but you still shouldn't have problems hitting your macros as long as they're reasonable.

I've wanted to go on a plant based diet for a long while it's just that I've been brainwashed by the protein recommendations and while I know that you can eat some powders or shitload of tofu I'm not necessarily hyped about that. I'm gonna try to get more plant protein sources in and move away from meat step by step. I'm not a scientist but AFAIK there are no studies matching for food quality and vitamins/minerals while measuring protein recommendations and my common sense tells me we might be getting roused. Anyways wish me luck friends!

Rice, lentils, black beans, and quinoa are all godsent quinoa is p exspensive tho but everything else is relatively cheap

lentils pack huge amounts of protein and adding greens like kale and spinach will help as well

If you ever need to achieve more carbs, protein, micros, etc. Just look up "vegan solution for 'x' ". You'll find it. Be sure to get all your vitamins and minerals you need.

While you're on a meal plan diet it's pretty impossible to get the right nutrients with no meat. My schools food sucks ass and their veg options are trash.

Like others have said, finding the right nutrients without meat really isnt that hard. Start slow with eating less meat, maybe only 3x a week then 2x, etc. Soon you might realize you don't miss meat at all. Plants are packed with protien and vitamims as well.

Good luck!

Thanks, user!

>Vegan thread without any meatcucks whining
Wow, this is really nice, I’m glad.

If you actually think being a vegan is good for the earth you are retarded indeed.
There are seasons and you can't effectively grow enough shit to feed the entirety of Europe through the winter with only plants.
You need massive shipping from places like Peru, Chile and so on.
Eat meat. Grow your own food.

>A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health
How about you fuck off retard? This is Veeky Forums, not /lgbt/

But somehow you can grow enough plants to feed the billions of animals you're going to eat. Be real bud.

Id like to learn more about how meat consumption is damaging the environment. Can you link me to any information sources besides > Wikipedia
or > reddit posts
Much appreciated

Right, gonna go enjoy my vegan breakfast of antibiotica and grass now.

- Pollutes rivers
So do a lot of things
- Forests cleared for livestock
Don't give a shit
- Causes soil degradation
Like a lot of things at a much higher degree
- Massive inefficiency
Bait, the meat industry is extremely efficient compared to waiting 9 months for your faggot veggies to grow
- Major contributor to global warming.
>global warming
>real

triggered

>appeal to futility fallacy
Interesting analysis, meatcuck

fresh link

discord.gg/HMYSwbC

>pretending we're the ones whining

chill brah

So?

Pigs are food, dogs aren't
>implying the consumer kills the animal itself

cant see the double standard

sad

>Pigs are food, dogs aren't
interesting

Sorry to break it to you but humans kill dogs all the time. How cute you thought i'd fall into your "trap". But, in general, vegans go out of their way to make meat eaters lives inpleasant while meat eaters mostly mind their own buisiness. So yes you guys are whiny

>Breed one animal for meat/leather
>breed another for companionship
>WOAH DUDE DOUBLE STANDARD MUCH??

yes meatcucks really live and let live

>he waited this whole time until some meat eater would show up in this thread
>no one does, its a civil conversations that are taking place
>user gets mad, why doesnt he gets bullied all of the sudden?
>finally some dirty meatcuck appears
>he doesnt even criticize veganism or vegans in any way
>muahua hua now its my time to shine, that picture i saved will surely show him his place
you are the problem why vegans arent taken seriously

>be vegan
>lift for a decade
>snap your shit yo benching slightly more than lmao2pl8
VEGANS ARENT FRAGILE GUYS

>vegan creats thread for people who are interested in being vegan
>you "not a vegan and against vegans" decide to come on this thread and start arguing
>yeah you seem to really live and let live buddy

Fig. 1 is okay and accepted in societiy if person 2 is the owner.

Of course unnecessary cruelty is a different story, but that is the same for killing pigs.

>butchering your dog is okay

the absolute state of meatcucks

How the fuck do I reach 120g of protein per 1500 calories without eating a fuck ton of soy, resorting to protein powders and while still being able to hit all my nutrients?

It's not a double standard, there is nothing wrong with killing dogs either.

spotted the chink

People put down their dogs all the time. Pet shelters often kill them after only 72 hours.

yeah and that's a bad thing ...

dumb owners should think about the dog before they make an impulsive decision to buy one

Why do you switch subjects? What happened to

>the absolute state of meatcucks

I thought what I said before was odd and savage?

meatcucks are still in a state if they think it's morally neutral to butcher their dog

You mean it is morally neutral to kill a pig? But not morally neutral to kill a dog?

>Fig. 1 is okay
>Fig 1 is man butchering dog

what don't you follow

If you mean killing a dog with a knife, that is not the normal procedure. Just like killing pigs with a knife isn't the normal procedure.

Both dogs and pigs are supposed to be killed by humane methods in the US and Europe.

So both figures are factually incorrect unless taken figuratively, describing the act of killing itself rather than the act of killing with a knife in particular.

Morality doesn't exist and you don't have a single shred of tangible evidence to prove it.

morality is a concept, no one thinks it's a force of nature

fucking brainlets

>dogs are killed in society
>therefore dogs are not the victims of said killings

???

plz explain

kek was this supposed to be clever

>child slaves used to gather veggies and fruits all over the world
>literally starved to death when they're not capable of working more
>vegans are still pretending they're morally superior
lmoa, if you want to be vegan go ahead but don't bring morality into this.

> vegans aren't perfect
> therefore animal abuse is justified

tu quoque fallacy

nice

If it's not anything real then it's not an argument

>child abuse is fine
>animal abuse is wrong
explain this then

You are again switching subjects. How is killing a dog in humane ways different from killing a pig in humane ways? You are saying one is worse than the other, but you can't justify why. Both happen in society regularly, but you get outraged over one in particular, you can't explain why.

But okay lets switch subjects if you have no answer.

>dogs are not the victims of said killings
An animal can't be a victim, because a victim is per definition a person. And a person is by definition a human being.

Victim implies a crime against a person. So you are misusing words here.

This.

Morality is a dumb thing people believe in because they can't handle the idea of it not being there. It's not real, it's made up, and applying it to real things makes you mentally retarded.

i think the argument is that child abuse and animal abuse is worse than just child abuse, not that child abuse is the hip new thing

I said child abuse is fine?

There's always more we can do to promote good. Vegans who act like it's some magical moral baseline are stupid. We're better than meatcucks but there's still more we can do

Nigger you aren't real, doesn't mean you're not a faggot

but you don't have child slave workers in meat industry, so I could argue that vegans are abusing children while I'm only abusing animals.
>Vegans who act like it's some magical moral baseline are stupid
>acts like magical moral baseline
you're not much better

*tips fedora*

Nice argument moralcuck

>Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
Citation needed.
>- Pollutes rivers
Citation needed.
>- Forests cleared for livestock
Citation needed.
>- Causes soil degradation
Citation needed.
>- Massive inefficiency
Citation needed.
>- Major contributor to global warming.
Citation needed.

You can't go around making baseless statements and expecting people to take you seriously. If anything it harms your credibility.

nice rebuttal steinersoyim

*tipping intensifies*

do you have a meat-only diet? your shits must be atrocious

reminder eating meat is degeneracy

Meanwhile you waste a fuckton of water growing almonds and avocados. Then you waste a fuckton more turning almonds and peas into milk because you're too much of a pussy to accept what you preach and just actually eat plants.

Then you throw some slave labor sugar cane in the milk because you're still addicted to processed food.

Those veagan brownies, cornbread, cookies, "chicken tendies", bean burgers, and all the other items you use to trick yourself into thinking your shitty diet is normal cost more than you think.

You know it always amazes me how many atheists are in the vegan community yet the same arguments and insults the vegan community uses against moral relatavists and moral nihilists are the exact same that religious fundies use against atheists.

There are valid health and environmental reasons to limit animal product consumption. Why make your main argument (that I've seen) be the made up concept of morality?

of course it is since people value morality. In the eyes of the public the vegan argument is won once autists like you admit you're amoral

This research was copied directly from the journal of broscience.

Read: morality is a thing when it aligns with what I’m already doing morality is not a thing when I actually have to make a sacrifice.

If morality is not a thing, then presumably you don’t have any moral objections to child rapists either?

I can't be amoral if morality is an imaginary concept.

So you have no objection to people raping children either? That’s cool bro, wow so edgy.

You don't need 120g of protein for 1500 calories. I know www.youneedproteinbuyourproteinpowder.com told you protein is super duper important but it isn't.

I don't. Why would I? Obviously the practice shouldn't be allowed by society, not because of some imaginary concept - but because it's detrimental to society. As I don't subscribe to morality I don't have any moral issue with anything.

Yes, that includes you raping and killing me. I don't have any moral qualms about that. Clearly I would desire the opposite in act in accordance with that. It wouldn't be allowed under society as rape and murder are significantly detrimental to society, but there's no baseless moral rule against it.

are you retarded?

Amoral: having no moral standards, restraints, or principles; unaware of or indifferent to questions of right or wrong:

how is that contingent on whether morality is a concept or not?

literally like a 12yr old who thinks he's smart for discovering nihilism

English isn't my first language

i'm a sheep farmer, i just think 'morality is a social construct' is the last refuge of the faggot when you consider how much of our lives are made up of social constructs

assuming that something doesn't matter just because it doesn't have a physical basis is stupid and harmful to society (another thing that doesn't exist)

If your diet composed entirely of meat you could make that argument... you’d also be dead of scurvy because only carnivorous animals can get all nutrients they need to live from meat

Notice how no one in this thread so far has given a valid argument to believe in morality.

>b-but child rape tho
>b-but edgy tho!
>b-but tips fedora also I'm an atheist lol

I never called it a social construct. I said it wasn't real and was made up.

It is made up, you seem recognize that right? I see no reason to lower myself into deluding myself into believing something made up.

Upholding society's arbitrary moral values for the sake of society or yourself is fine. Believing moral values are necessary for society, whilst I'd disagree, is fine. Genuinely believing these things are intrinsic makes you retarded.

It's funny we're on the sides of the argument we are. I'm actually a vegan. Moralfags give the rest of us a bad name. I don't give a shit what faggy moral values you have, I want real evidence supporting arguments. But other vegans literally just shout their moral opinions and then act smug like they won

nature.com/articles/1602522.pdf?origin=ppub

Here is a direct link from the European journal of clinical nutrition on environmental impact by diet. Vegans have the lowest impact of any group.

>society doesnt exist

society: the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.

? pls explain

moral statements refer to natural properties of the world

e.g. x is bad may mean x causes suffering

you edgy retards are just too stupid to realise non scientific words can still refer to things that exist

whether you value morality or not is an entirely different question

fuck that video manee

>x is bad

You'd first have to prove that good and bad exist

>suffering is bad

After proving good and bad are real things, you'd have to prove that suffering is bad

Or you could take the easy route where you don't have to prove anything and admit it's a made up concept to umbrella existing properties such as suffering and misery that humans typically have a negative human reaction to. Which it is. And since it's not real and it's just something humans made up, there is no actual good or bad. Calling things good or bad is retarded since good and bad aren't real things. And since it's a made up umbrella concept, it has no place in an argument.

There's your two options. Prove good and bad are real things, or admit it's a made up concept based on what we find emotionally displeasing and that it has no place in an actual argument.

Veggiecrops do the same harm to the environment and body - Pesticides. Literally annihilating Bees worldwide. So the damage to the environment is way more serious.

>x is bad may mean x causes suffering

Suffering based ethics are the basis of some sets of morality. Moralities that are not shared by most people by the way. People do not agree on that criteria, so it is dishonest of you to claim that this is a thing everyone agrees with.
And by the way it is inherently defunct, since life relies on constant suffering to function.

You can choose any other criteria for what is good and what is bad.

>it has no place in an actual argument.

every argument is going to be

if you value morality, you should do x

if you value the environment, you should do x

if you value your health over taste/convenience, you should do x

there's no argument that avoids the 'if'

>told you protein is super duper important but it isn't.
Not everyone wants to be a fragile soyboy, some of us actually want to get big.

>Wants to get big
>Eats 1500kcal

fucking brainlet.

>be on a cut
>don't want to lose muscle
>eat more protein to reduce the amount of muscle lost, maybe even building some while still losing fat

You've got to be a 77IQ moron to not understand this.

>Reduce calorie deficit
>Don't be a shortsighted sperg
>Don't lose gains at all

I doubt anyone that lifts has a 2000kcal need, at a minimum 2500 so you are at a minimum 1000kcal deficit. That is fucking retarded, reduce it to a 500kcal deficit and 120g can easily be hit. With a protein powder it's easy to hit 120 at 1500 too so either way you are a retard.

Post more Earth chan

Hi I am interested in being vegan.
Basically the only non vegan thing I eat anymore is milk. What is something that I can substitute for it (high calorie/decent protein). I usally drink like half a gallon a day as well so it's almost half my calories.
Also will I have to start keeping track of amino acids?

Don't understand the retaliation of people not eating meat.

you don't have to track aminos but you can