Is there any good supplementary reading material for SS?

Is there any good supplementary reading material for SS?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/the_first_three_questions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

99 Creative ways to kys.

ernest hemingway - a farewell to arms

Speaking of SS.

I’m about to max out on most lifts on SS. I could do a bunch of deloading to keep progressing, but I kind of feel Ike just moving to another program.

I think I have about 2 or 3 weeks before i’m tapped out, so I have time to make a decision. What program would be good to move to?

Practical Programming is essential if you're thinking of staying with strength training past novice gains.

What are your numbers?

I believe the standard next step is The Texas Method.

Though, hey, if you’ve been following the program for the letter that means you’ve been eating at surplus. Now could be a good time to cut.

It is time to choose. You either do hypertrophy or keep on strenght training

PPST 3rd ed is the obvious answer. You should read it bc doing SS without a coach it's pretty pointless if don't get the guides on PPST. This is very important to balance out upper/lower body size.

kek

>what are your numbers

You had to do this to me.

Squat 235
Bench 175
Overhead 120
Dead Lift 265
Power Clean 110

That’s my current lifts. I’d say i’m going to be stalling pretty hard when I get to...

Squat 275
Bench 225
Overhead 135
Deadlift 310
Powerclean 160

Once I get on top of those number i’ll be ready to quit.

I’m doing keto while doing SS. Eating a keto surplus so I had pretty lean gains. I think it worked out immensely. My lifts are pretty weak, but you guys gotta understand i’m a 6 inch wrist lanklet. Never had an enormous amount of genetic lifting potential anyways.

Being a lanklet doesn't mean you're weaker m8. You could eat more, i'm sure

Post your body

If you insist. Give me a second

Taking a photo really puts shit in perspective. I’m still pretty skinny. I’ve only gained 8 pounds since i started doing SS

Not sure if you're trolling, but if you're doing keto, and you're stalling on those lifts, you're not doing the program.

Get your squat to 310lbs and your deadlift to 400lbs. Not sure why your bench and OHP in contrast is much higher. And no, your genetics don't determine your strength, not at this level of training.

Eat more, get your BF to 15-17%. You can cut later.

Not trolling. Maybe misinformed though. I’ve been eating a surplus on keto.

I’ve only used the SS app. So I never read the book to get into the nitty gritty details of shit

Here we go

fuck i came in here to post this but you beat me

Imo you can really afford to eat more

The app has all the lifting form advice and it automatically programs for you.

Not a lot of diet information besides “eat a lot”

I think you’re right

keto is not going to give you ""lean gains"", you are robbing yourself of the best and most readily available training energy by not eating carbs

Who likes training arms anyway. Doing curls is so boring it makes me want to die.

Read the book.

I have migraines. Cutting carbs and sugar was something I found helped fix that.

Keto was never about losing weight or anything else. Just getting rid of headaches. Doing keto on SS was never my intention with keto

it's so easy and quick to do 3-4 sets of curls and it has so much aesthetic impact and is great for injury prevention if you bench press often

You do realize that the Squat chapter is like 70-80 pages long. I do not think the app has all the information.

It is not just a meme. It really is the best book on beginner barbell training even though the program is a bit flawed because upper body volume is low.

Yeah the squat section on the app was probably only 5 or 6 pages of info.

I’ve been meaning to buy the book. Just thought I could get by with out it with the app. I’ll order it today.

Not the same user but what if I'm already 18% and stalling at about those numbers. I'm pretty lost on this.

I do not bench thanks to my bad shoulders. I only do the Press™ and some pushups/incline dumbbell presses.

Greg Nuckols have a bunch of pretty good articles on his website. I wouldn't really recommend PPST since from what I've heard the whole book can just be summarized as "do TM also here's a bunch of templates of TM".

startingstrength.com/article/the_first_three_questions

You're not cleaning correctly.

kek

Do read PPST but don't do TM.

And first you need to max out your LP without fucking around with keto.

Start browsing the boards at starting strength.com but don't post anything until you learn how to use the search function.

>you aren’t cleaning correctly

Based off what? How your asshole feels?

>Is there any good supplementary reading material for SS?

Purchase a copy of “The Strongest Shall Survive” by Bill Starr.

You don’t have to do Starr’s program, but the general structure is pretty useful.

Now that I’ve maxed out SS, I’ve designed a simple intermediate program based on Heavy, Light, Medium:

Sun/Tues/Thurs - 100%/80%/90%

Squats 3x5
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Push-up progression
Chin-up progression

Hopefully 2018 will be the year I unlock a 2pl8 Press.

So bulk past 20% is the only answer? That would suck hard...