/plg/ Powerhobbying General

we all want to die edition

Other urls found in this thread:

innerstrengthproducts.ca/
fitshop.ca/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's really poor form on squat no wonder he wants to die.

>tfw every board is /r9k/

>NY eve
>she is not here
>we talked today and it was awkward as shit
>reliving the two years I spent with her in my mind
>can't even go to the gym to make myself stop thinking about her because the gym is closed

get me off this ride lads

Sort yourself out.

I'm debating going to the club by myself but I'm not sure I could handle the humiliation and embarrassment.
Sigh, another new years spent alone, just like all of them...

Go to a gay club and fuck a trap.

Lads the other night I went on the best date of my life and there was so much chemistry and we had great conversation and talked about life and anime and training and she was really hot and I'm so excited

She lives 10 hours away and has a boyfriend and I'm spending NYE with an annoying chunky hoe I don't like at all :(((

>went on a date
>she has a boyfriend
Cmon lad would you really want that for your gf, she's gonna do the same to you.

Go to sleep early and bench away the feels tomorrow.

This.

You are retarded if you date chicks who have boyfriends. She's obviously a whore. Don't be a stupid degenerate.

if going solo you need to get a couple of drinks in you beforehand and then you need to keep it up there also go closer to when the new year is about to happen so that people are more drunk and they will be forced to interact when it hits 00:00.
gl i believe in you

>falling in love with a cheetah
topkek

Alright fuck it why not

I am going to read Jojo for nye, started part 2. I will also fap a bunch. Gym is closed today and tomorrow unfortunately so I will do some mini home workouts with bands.
What are you friends going to be doing?

It was just a friendly platonic dinner that went really well.

Studying for my thesis and reading Berserk.

Gl lad, I always go through periods of jojo reading and always lose motivation after finishing Part 6.

yeah and then shes gonna take friendly platonic dick while you're watching.

just go and drink a lot, alcohol turns you sociable doesn't it?

or do this

Hahah, what?

Anyone ordered anything from elitefts to canada? Were there any problems?

what did yuo want form there, their bands?

Yes and some other small stuff since they have a sale but when I Google people say they had to psy high duties on their purchases

mfw most people in the navy fail too lift correctly.

it's usually never worth it to order from any american site since you can get the equivalent from a Canadian site for cheaper

people say their bands dont snap as easily but Im skeptical about that

Raise your expectations

Roguecanada is more expensive. Elitefts has a good sale right now so it really seems like the best option unless I buy some chink shit from Amazon.

fuck off normie. you just have to ruin everything.

Is there any point to doing pause reps on incline?

I wasn't talking about roguecanada or Amazon

Then what is a better option?

>equipped

top zozzle

For those who have competed at a meet, how heavy did you lift your first time?

I'd like to compete but also don't want to feel like I'm wasting everyone's time by lifting 100 lbs less than everyone else on all the lifts.

I'm 6'4" (193cm), ~250 (113kg), trying to fatten up to at least 275 (125kg)

I'm doing 5/3/1 and haven't stalled progressing. These are my most recent 1RM lifts, which I should easily be able to continue increasing for at least a few more months.
Squat: 335 lbs
Bench: 225 lbs
Deadlift: 400 lbs

It depends what you want, for example a lifting belt Id probably go with

innerstrengthproducts.ca/

suppelement, bands a good source is fitshop.ca/ when they have a sale

Although sometimes it is better to order from an American site, I bought my belt from an American store but that was back in 2011 when the American dollar was on par with the Canadian dollar

Same store I bought wrist wraps from and a slingshot years later since it was still a better deal even after I calculated the duties and taxes (which I never had to pay)

funny enough all three times I placed an order from that website I did not have to pay duties or any taxes whatsoever, so I literally paid the price it displayed on the website with no tax, shipping was the only other fee I had to pay

it often depends on if customs decides to stop and look at the order and do their job and it also depends on what the shipping company is and what the people who ship it as labels it as

that website was liftinglarge.com if you wanted to take a gamble on not getting stopped by duties

there is also a website where you can clearly see what the % is on the duty that you would pay anyways and you could add that up plus the shipping to see which ends up being a better deal

Stop caring about what other people lift in the meet.

I know that wasn't your question but I guarantee that you'll have a good time, make some new friends and have everyone cheering you on even if you lift 100lbs less than everyone else.

Go sign up for a meet bro

Aren't you the guy that got crippled doing PH3, and you weren't even running it right?

maybe one day youll get injured when you hop off novice program 5/3/1 and lift big boy weights LOL

Yeah I've got an inzer belt from innerstrength before, really the only "lifting" thing I have besides adipowers. Got some money for Xmas so I wanted to buy some interesting/useful stuff.

EliteFTS seems good but $20 Usd shipping charge + $10 brokerage customs shit. Looking at Westside barbell and it seems like a better otion actually for bands.

Thanks senpai for suggestions.

Until you're at the national level or higher, the only one who gives even the remotest fuck about your meet lifts is you. I mean your wife might care IF she also competes but even then probably not.

>novice program 5/3/1
Not a program.

You're thinking of 5's Progression for beginners.

Call it what you want but it's been almost 24 hours and you can't name a single non roiding lifting who runs that shit

Name one natural lifter who didn't get hurt on PH3.

There are thousands of lifters who progressed through intermediate on 531 variants. It's not the best powerlifting program. It's a simple way to get strong.

So what you're telling me is that you cant name a single half decent lifter who runs 5/3/1 and not only that but you just said it isn't a good powerlifting program but you somehow still feel the need to spam your boyfriend's program in the general 24/7?

Think I'll chalk this up to another win

Empty logic from a broken lifter who chooses not to compete.

It's not empty logic

You have not named a single natural lifter who runs 5/3/1 FACT
You just said "it's not the best powerlifting program" FACT
The subject of this general is "POWERLIFTING GENERAL" Fact

You keep posting your gay crush in every general FACT

Empty logic? No, just a statement of facts

Get blown the fuck out

>cutting for a month, test diddle 1rm (no peaking at all)
>5 kg up
vry nais

:)

Thanks m8s

>It's not empty logic
531 helps lifters progress steadily and simply. There are 1000s of training logs.

>You have not named a single natural lifter who runs 5/3/1 FACT
Me.

>You just said "it's not the best powerlifting program" FACT
Nobody should be running powerlifting specific programs until they are well into intermediate and peaking for a meet.

>The subject of this general is "POWERLIFTING GENERAL" Fact
You use it for your gay depression support forum. I talk strength.

>You keep posting your gay crush in every general FACT
Projection. Keep your traps and manfaced Asians to yourself.

>Empty logic? No, just a statement of facts
Nah.

>Get blown the fuck out
Again, empty words. Want to threaten to beat me up?

Do I really need a deload/light week if I want to test my max on one of the nuckoks 3x int heavy bench programs??
Won't 2 rest days be enough to be back at full strength? It's just fucking bench and his program doesn't have much volume??

Missed the last train for an hour because they've changed it to needing exact change if you use notes.

I don't have a £4.90 note. It doesn't fucking exist. Why can't you give me 10p fucking change.

Risk it if you want. Lifting is a long game, though.

531 helps novice lifters progress

Fixed that for you, maybe you should start SS general aka homosexual gay crush on wendler general, because this is powerlifting general

Nice blog

Sure, I understand it for squat and deadlift - but we all have to be reasonable and honest here: fatigue from benching? Nah man, unless you are a roider on smovlov it's not a thing

I don't get fatigue but I do get overuse problems with muh rotator cuff if I BP heavy for long periods of time with no deloads.

If you have a weak press, then you probably don't need to deload.

But if you're benching less than 3 plates, you shouldn't be here asking questions. You should be working harder.

>uni gym closed over break
END
MY
LIFE

>tfw 24 hour open gym even on holidays
feels good

True, that might be an issue. How often do you deload then?
165 currently

Work on your conditioning. A hill is always open.

My rotator is rarely used assuming a proper retracted scapula. I can barely throw ten punches without rotator pain but Benching 275+ for reps with my long arms doesn't do Jack. I'd be more worried about my hamstrings locking due to a poor arch.

gonna do home gym after graduating hopefully
can't do heavy cardio

I initially used to do it once every 2-3 months (which I think was stupid because I never got niggles on memeburn meanwhile I got more niggles with so little deloads) but after doing Memeburn for 3 months now i'm doing deloads after every 4 weeks and it.

cute
who do you think she'll kiss at midnight

Sent too soon -- and it has been working out pretty well, still adding weight on bar with no overuse injuries.

nye plans fell through so Im gonna lift instead. I havent trained lower body since christmas holidays started. what meme shit should I do lads??

20 rep squats with your 10rm.

>what meme shit should I do lads??
You need consistency.

Do something you believe in.

what accessories should i add to this?

I'll do an amrap, cant promise I could do anything more that 5 right now tho lmao

I believe in memes

pls be in tonnes

no i'm dyel, my 1rm squat is probably 200 and dead 2pl8

This do 20 rep squats

Lots of hamstring curls, upper back rows and tricep work for a start.

then just address weakpoints.

okay. what else tho?

if you need more you've not done a true widowmaker set

So what exactly do you do for your deload?

I need more memes to combat the crippling depression of not pounding ballonknot on nye tho

reeee i fucking hate rows

So does everyone else but rows are real important for each of the big 3 lifts

work up to zercher dl 1rm
100 reps of cheat t bar rows
100 reps pull down
300 reps of tricep work

how fucking pathetic you are not getting girl on some random day makes you depressed. wah wah muh pussy WAH I NEVER GET ANY PUSSEH. If not getting some pussy makes you depressed either reevaluate your life or kys

explain how for each lift?

okay. I'll do it from blocks tho
no t bar row at home gym, will do seal rows instead
nah
okay

are you autistic mate?

Upper back: Thoracis extensors mean your upper back wont cave over in squat/deadlift. A lot of the time people collapse in their squat/deadlift and blame their lower back/abs when really their T-spine is just weak.

Lats: Keep the bar close to you during a deadlift. The function of the lat in the deadlift is literally just an incredibly heavy pullover. Also lats help to extend the spine ala spinal erectors.

The whole of the back just acts as a bigger base to push off in the bench press, as well as a stronger back = more stable shoulders and arch.

Upper back rows like facepulls are important for shoulder health too. All the benching youre doing will fuck your shoulders if you don't do something to stop it.

just do zercher shrugs actually desu. you will be deadzo after 20 rep squats

Extremely low volume and same intensity (i'm sure it's lower than even the recommended, so e.g memeburn is 8x2 for 2 lifts and then I do fluff work, in my deload I did 1x2 for lifts and did 1 set in the fluff work )

I'm at 5 months lifting

Projected 1rms are

105kg Bench
145kg Squat
182.5kg Deadlift

Squat could have progressed better but I took a couple of months off it due to a persistent knee injury from Rugby.

Would it be realistic by the end of 2018 to aim for a 5 plate deadlift and a 4 plate squat and a 2.5 plate bench? Or should I shoot higher/lower?

>Rotator cuff rarely used assuming retracted scapula
False, one of the rotator cuff muscles' explicit purpose is internal rotation of the humerus. No matter the position of your scapula, your body will use a rotator cuff muscle to internally rotate the humerus.

Youll easily hit those mate, go for that by midyear and reassess

Depending on how badly your knees flare up, these are quite realistic expectations especially if you're not planning to fatfuck yourself

does anyone have a link to a good x RM calculator to go off of for programming??

Why are commercial benches and power racks so fucking shitty?

I basically have to do a half rep to unrack it

do you have a 6'8" wingspan or something?

i use symmetric strength

Jam the bar into a corner

They are too narrow for me - I can't get my shoulder blades fully onto the bench and thus the entire thing becomes way less stable than it could be.
30 cm competition benches would be a charm, but maybe it doesn't make a difference at all - never been able to try it.

>zercher shrugs
pls use 400 kgs