Carbs

>selected for commission
>34 years old
>about a year till active duty
>been a trucker of 4 years

I run, do push ups, sit ups, lunges, jumping jacks, and squats. I don't use weights.

My wife says I need to cut out carbs. I'm definately not fat, but I do have a few pounds hanging on. I've been cutting carbs for almost a week now, on her advise, but now all I can think about is Takis, croussants, etc. I don't normally eat a lot of carbs/sugar, and all I drink is water.

Should I listen to her? Should I cut carbs?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol how tf did you get your waivers faggit

Waivers? I have no waivers. Actually, I did get one for having 1 to many kids. Other than being potent I'm good to go. Passed physical too.

Try keto, it will help you not get taped while you're in. Honestly no one respects 2nd lts and if you're fat you will never see major. If you do keto be prepared to give that shit up once all you've got is an mre.

Thanks. Im 6 years prior enlisted, so Im aware of how lts get it.

Keto huh? Ok, thanks.

>definately

FUCK YOU LT

JUST GO TO COLLEGE

There's fat, and then there's Army Fat

Must have a degree to be commissioned.

Which branch?
I just got the call a week ago that I was selected for commission in the USAF

Not OP but I'm thinking about joining the ANG as a pilot when I'm done with school. I'm 5 years prior enlisted Marines and I'll be 27-28 by that time and 28 is cutoff for pilot...hopefully they can waiver that

Usaf as well. 18OT01? Congrats! I heard it was less than 30% selection.

Yeah 18OT01 - Congrats? Which postion? Luckily rated slots were like 80% selection so I got picked up for pilot.

I think ANG bases are more likely to push a waiver but you'd have to ask them directly. I'm not really familiar at all with the ANG process.

Ignore the first ?. I meant to say Congrats!

I was nonrated, so selection rates were low. Very low. I was pretty surprised at being chosen over master degrees, security clearances, lors from 0-7 and above, etc.

Anyone else input on keto?

Did you get a job you wanted? If I wash out of flight school I'm hoping to get into Space Ops or Intel.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/

Keto allows your body to break down fat more easily thus allowing you to eat less without losing muscle. Unless you're taking advantage of that by counting calories and hitting a large (1250 kcal) deficit, it's not really that huge of a benefit. Your body stores about 3 pounds of carbs as glycogen and bonds it to 9 pounds of water, so you'll lose a ton quickly, but it's just water weight that comes back when you reintroduce carbs. Because glycogen is normally stored in your muscles, keto will make your muscles deflate a bit and look flat.

Anyone here going to OCS at Quantico this summer?

Not willing to get too specific on Veeky Forums, sorry.

Ok. Thanks. So u dont recommend,

>I don't use weights
start using weights. Keto is a decent idea for cutting. >prior e
then you should know what to do.

But really carb counting is the only way to lose weight. Do it.

Low carbs has decreased testosterone in various studies, don't fall for the meme. It's your body's prefered way of getting energy, it raises your metabolism so you'll get less fat and it is anabolic to muscles. Your wife is a gains goblin

What you want to cut off is sugar since it's not metabolized the same way, and also gluten which has inflammatory lectins, doesn't matter if you're tolerant they're still shit tier. Get most of your carbs from basmati white rice.

Diabetes and heart diseases is only prevalent in countries that mix high fat with high sugar/carbs, it might sound too logical for the average Veeky Forumsard but yeah decreasing your fat intake actually makes you less fat. There is no benefit to testosterone above 25g of fat daily. That's all you need.

No, this thread is for soon to be elite aviators not boat boys.

That sounds well and good, except to me that sounds like keto+rice. Am i understanding that correctly?

Pic related

Here's a pic of my meal. Bear in mind i still live in a semi truck, so i cook on a small bbq.

This is:
Ground chuck
Shrooms
Garlic
Cheese
Butter
Adobe seasoning (0 carb)

Keep in mind ill only eat about half today, half tomorrow.