/fat/ 'new year's resolutions incoming' edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crpXnuV4OCU&feature=youtu.be&t=23s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expenditures_in_the_United_States_federal_budget
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Happy new year /fat/ties. If you're just getting started then good luck and if you've been here for a while I pray you didn't gain too much over the holidays. And if you managed to continue losing weight the last few weeks then I congratulate you on being a GOD.

I normally cringe at "new years resolutions" but if any of you have some that you're actually serious about feel free to share them.

Happy New Year and thanks for all your help /fat/.

I'm down 65 pounds, 345 - 280, and it's all thanks to you faggots.

Probably gained 5lbs in the last month. Time to stop fucking around. Locking myself in tonight so I don't gain another 5 from booze

Great job m8. When did you start? That's a pretty significant change. Just imagine where you could be one year from new. Keep it up!

Started July

Damn, that's really impressive man.

Thanks. Alcohol is by far my biggest gains goblin but I've managed to make progress either way.

tfw forgot to eat dinner again so now i have to wait for it to finish cooking at 3am

i need to get my shit together

>tfw people are gonna think you're a resolutioner when you go to the gym
I've been working out for 5 months, I've lost 70lbs, reeeee

I woke up earlier than I expected, so I caught the first sunrise of the year. In the old days I would've just stayed in bed.

It was so crowded I didn't get a great spot, and I was kind of upset that my view was ruined. But it wasn't, really. Kind of like how I know I gonna have loose skin and diabetes, but it's still worth the effort to get healthier.

If you fucked up during the holidays, don't sweat it. Nothing is perfect. If you don't stop, you'll still make it.

They aren't NYR, but when I started losing weight I planned to both walk a marathon and climb Mt. Fuji this year. So now I'm getting ready to follow through. The marathon is in May, Fuji will be in July/August.

I'd encourage others to consider fitness goals beyond "be less fat", having things to work towards beyond that made me less frustrated when my weight wasn't decreasing quickly. I knew my exercise was still helping, just with different things.

I have found a semblance of purpose in my life.
Now, I will work to find the path in my life in order to serve the purpose I have found. I will live my life according to my principles, bear my burdens forthrightly, stop avoiding things that I know I simply must do, I will strive to gain what I believe is true humanity. I will become the truest vessel that reflects the divine self.

Starting my weight gain today with four bowls of icecream. Wish me luck guys!

>First day of my cheat year

What shall I gorge myself with today, /fat/?

Get better material.

[spoiler]DO IT FOR HER[/spoiler]

I know this isn't a healthy way to approach it, but absolutely nothing else will help me lose this weight. I don't care about myself, personally, and I could die by 30 for all I care. Drop out/flunk out, whatever.

300+lbs, by the way. I personally don't think my face looks as fat as I am and losing weight won't fix my busted face. [spoiler]Also I'm 19.[/spoiler]

omg there is so much food aroundn please help me

Fuck I always forget spoilers don't work on this board.

300+ at 19? You should be concerned about your health m8. I know it's hard to when you're still a teen, or even into your 20s, but one day you will when it catches up to you. Or at the very least you'll reach a point one day where your health will be so terrible you'd rather be dead due to how terrible you feel. I kept being a fat fuck all the way until I was 24 and just tried my best to pretend I didn't care. Fortunately, I had a breaking point where even I couldn't deny I was looking/feeling terrible. But I know when I was 19 I would scoff at the idea of working out or dieting... even when I was 23.

Anyway, at least there's SOMETHING that can motivate you. Utilize that inspiration to it's full potential user. I wish you luck. What are your methods going to be? Dieting? Calorie counting? Exercise? Lifting?

This. My parents were pretty good about my weight loss until December came around. I'm no longer a fat fuck so I think my mom just thought "fuck it" and started making and buying junk food left and right. Peanut butter cookies, gingerbread, puppy chow and chex mix, various chocolates and candy bars and fiber one bars which she seems to view as "health food". Oh man, it's been a rough few weeks.

yeah the same thing, I'll go through whatever food I have left and go on keto+if, I can't diet at all if there's food around me

Went from 200 to 180. Just measured myself. I feel better but I still look fat.

Last I checked I was 300+ lbs, but I might be just under. I really don't know.

Thanks, user. Considering I pretty much have to be semi-attractive by summer, I think it's going to be low calorie diets and exercise.

What's the difference between barbell and dumbbell lifting? I don't have anybody to go to the gym with, and I'm scared to do barbell.

You start with no weight on the bar, there's nothing to be scared of that way. You learn the form first, then slowly add weight each time.

Bet you cant make it to 260 by March you former fat fuck you.

>constantly breaking PRs, muscles are growing at a nice pace
>looking leaner, although weight is going up and down and plateauing
>hop on analytic scale, weight is down 0,5kg but body fat is +1,5%
>supposedly gained 1,370kg (3,02lb) of fat

What the fuck is going on here
These numbers are giving me fuckloads of anxiety

>thinking scales can actually measure your BF to muscle ratio just by standing on them

Who is this retarded?

So I shouldn't bother with dumbbells?

dumbbells are fine but barbell exercises tend to be better/more useful since they're compound lifts (i.e. they target multiple muscles at the same time)

Analytic scale works by measuring your body's impedance. Having more or less water weight fucks with that as well.

tl;dr analytic scales are shit desu

First Weight-in 145.8kg (321.4lbs)
Gonna be a long year but I'm gonna make it

Helloi i was in a cut for 5 months, lost 30 kg, finally made it to 10% bf but because of the fucking Christmas, i have been eating really bad 8 fucking days, i literally cant see me abs now and im more fat and undefinned, all the effort for nothing, i just really want to kill myself seriously because all the effort go away in only a few days, im really depressed because of this, how much time do you thinkcit will get to go again to 10%? Considering im around 20-25 % bf now, got too nany kgs and fat in only 8 days im so depressed dammit all effort for nothing, 160 days of 1000 kcal daily, run and lift for went away in 8 days, any help please? Thanks

I'm aware of that, using it for a reference number only and a scale that has handles for upper body too

It's just weird that I do the measurement in same conditions every time and it fucks me over like this

Feels fucking useless being able to gain muscle but only losing pathetic amounts of fat, maybe it's time to accept those bullshit theories about endomorphs and being a perma-fatfuck

Anyone have any idea on how to make frozen veggies not taste like shit?

you ate >160000 extra calories in 8 days?

How much can I realistically lose in 19 days? I have autistic reasons

Lose while doing cycling

Yes

What's your height? 180 was my original goal weight but when I reached it I realized I needed to lose a lot more to really look the way I wanted to. It sucks but if you lost 20 you can lose more.

20lbs if you go all out. But even then almost half of that will be water weight. You could potentially make enough of a difference that people would start to notice, but you'd have to start right away. I'm talking less than 2,000 calories every day with exercise.

>lost 3kg around Christmas

Diabeetus is not permanent, unless it's type 1. If you eliminate carbs your pancreas will return to normal function and you won't need insulin.

Try cooking them.

I don't know what ones you're getting but I get Green Giant brand broccoli, asparagus (more expensive sadly) and this "italian herb" blend they have. they all taste really good IMO. Even the broccoli one which is really plain with no sauce or anything. I sometimes put a bit of salt and spray butter on it but it doesn't add that much flavor overall IMO.

Godly!

I gained 4kg in two weeks, it's just water weight r-right?

I did do a ton of legwork preparing for the festivities, I'm talking hours and hours of walking around town carrying bags. That might have something to do with it.
Also I managed to not overeat once, somehow.

>went from 95kg in september to 85.3 this morning
>did not gain weight during christmas
>fasted today and most part of yesterday
>only water during nye

At this point I like not eating like shit and not drinking alcohol better than actually giving in to any temptations.
I dare to say, my relationship with food is actually healthy.

LOL we will see. The pace of loss has definitely slowed since I got below 300 but as long as I still go in the right direction.

Holidays are officially over. Time for vegetables and chicken until I see abs.

can anyone do a "do it for her" with the girl in this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=crpXnuV4OCU&feature=youtu.be&t=23s

how do i get rid of all this christmas candy?

Don't lapse user we're rooting for you.
Throw it out.

eat it user it's new year eve stop being so autistic about food!

>official Jan 1 weigh in
>somehow holding exactly at pre-Christmas weight

Praise Jaysus. Hallowed be thy name.

Although I didn't start losing weight until around October, I went from 275 to 260 last year. Easy as fuck.
Good luck lads, I'll see you on the other side.

Well, slow start to the new year..
Had a glass of soda. Loaf of bread with eggs & bacon, and some candy. Also masturbated.
So the day is a "waste", but I cleaned more or less everything from the dinner party yesterday, I'm currently making broth from the left-overs and I'm looking forward to tomorrow where I'll join the other fat fucks who promised that NOW they will work out.

Also been doing better on my stretching, especially the seat muscle, it's so stiff it's pathetic at this point. But it's a little better.
Gained like 3 kg as well. Damnit.

>Throw it out.
Donate to charity or some kids or something

Last year i decided to lose some weight, went from 148kg to 86kg, i found that setting goals for small amounts of weight really helped me build motivation to keep going. Its pretty easy to over indulge during the holidays, but keep in mind that a few days of bad eating won't reverse all of your efforts! good luck to anyone who wants to make a change!

If he's American they'll just think the candy has razor blades, poison, and/or roofies in it. Can't give kids candy without someone thinking of ill intentions.

user, it's ok to use anything you want for motivation to start out; I used hatred. But in the end I found that all I wanted was just being able to accept myself.

>t. 20 yr old who lost 120lbs total
>inb4 gay

So I said at about 6am on Saturday that I'd post an update on Monday if I stuck with the fast. It's almost 9am on Monday and I still haven't eaten a thing. Fasting is easy, guys. Easier than dieting, in fact. So much time saved from not cooking or eating, and you'd be surprised how simple it is to wait out hunger pangs.

Yeah its just 1 day user hahah imagine whats it tastes like haha wouldn't it be funny if you ate it all ahahaha.

I had 3 roast potatoes and a portion of steak pie

no more food today

Eaten slightly under 1000kcal today, do I need to eat the remaining 200 before sleep despite not hungry?

>puppy chow and chex mix

gingerbread and.. what?

if you're trying to gain weight, yes. Preferably more.

if you're trying to lose weight, why do you even need to ask that question?

You shouldn't eat too much, but not too little also; ruined my metabolism once before with starvation dieting.

>starvation dieting

what's this hot meme?
Look into /fast/ bro.

I trust my doc and nutritionist, /fast/ is the meme.

>implying they aren't Jews bought out by the globalists

But really, good for you.

hello /pol/
okay stay fat then.

Lose weight -> eat less
Gain weight -> eat more

it really is that simple.

>Even if I lost everythung, I will have fat guy posture and distended skin for life
seriously considering suicide at this point lads

Not him but puppy chow is like Chex pieces caked in chocolate and cinnamon

Should I ease into keto? I gave it a trial run a couple days ago, next day keto flu hit me hard. Basically slept until 4pm.
I don't want to feel like absolute garbage when I have to work 10 hour days, so I'm thinking do a week or so on 100g carbs, then 50g, and then down to 20-30g.

Or am I completely mistaken, and the keto flu is just gonna hit me full on regardless?

keto flu will be milder if you do that. Good luck!

Keto flu can be avoided by proper hydration, fiber intake, micronutrients, and sodium intake.
Keto flu is an electrolyte imbalance, not a guaranteed illness.

of fuck that actually looks really good, i thought for a second this dude ate dog food.

i have a 15 step flight of stairs, should i just go up them until im tired, or for a set number of reps

>government is taking 2 checks from my family

even when I go the checks we had almost no food. This is 1,400 less dollars.

Guess I will be permanently fasting. Is government looking out for me?
T-thanks?

The government wasn't giving you checks, the citizens were giving you checks, the citizens voted for new leadership, the citizens are tired of supporting you. It's not the governments job to put food in your belly, put gas in your car, pay your health insurance or car insurance, or even to provide you with free water and electricity.

>push-ups
>squats
>sit-ups
>planks
>wall-sits
>bicycle kick
>kegel exercises
>walking for an hour and twenty minutes

Am I missing and beneficial exercises that I can do without any equipment and with limited space? I'm 240 lbs so I'm avoiding running and jumping jacks etc until I drop below 200 because I don't want to fuck up my knees. I'd like to strengthen my neck and lower back as well. Is there any specific exercises that will assist in jackhammering pussy when I drop weight? I don't mean attracting women I mean the actual activity of sex.

Fuck off you right-wing fag

yet someone like you will still support billions going to a pointless military industrial complex, on some NFL fucks getting paid millions for doing 5 min of work.

I won't take these comments seriously until right wingers start protesting everything that is costing us billions.

U.S. military spending is still less than entitlement/welfare etc. Both could be cut but think of that. More spending goes to gibs than the largest/most equipped military ever.

I don't understand why you don't want a strong military. Also I don't even watch football, I wish more "right wingers" actually spent their money wisely so shit like football and holywood films wouldn't be valued at the amount that they are. The NFL thing isn't really relevant though because it's their own money they can spend it however the fuck they want. In regards to the military paying soldiers $35,000 dollars a year to not only have a well trained military but also provide low income citizens with a very real and functional opportunity to improve their lot in life while learning valuable skills is money well spent. Supporting people not doing anything is not money well spent, you're literally just taking someone else's money and giving it away. The military has changed the world of so many people trying to better themselves and their situations.

Sooo, I lost 65lb and have another 35 to go I stopped over Nov/Dec and ate like a pig, didn't track calories didnt work out and drank a shit load. Basically I put on only 0.5-1.0lb of fat. Which is good. But more importantly my mentally has gone how do I energise myself and get past any tips?

I know you said no equipment but if possible you should get a pullup bar and start working towards pullups.

A cheap doorway bar is fine

My family is renting and we have very limited space. I wouldn't feel comfortable damaging the doorway with my fat ass trying to do pull-ups and we can't install anything either as per contract.

Wat.

Welfar/handouts/muh benefits spending doesn’t even come close to DOD spending. You’re retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expenditures_in_the_United_States_federal_budget
Healthcare/Medicare/Medicaid alone is more than military spending.

Went to New year's with mates, ate and drank shit for two days, but also danced for 5 hours in a club while fucked on vodka and drugs. No where near balancing it all out, but should slow the decline. Back to counting today boys, I'm back at work tomorrow so a more standard routine can resume.

Probs gonna do rice, beans and chicken breast for dinner tonight. Say fuck it to eating anything else.

went to the gym today for a hour and half planning to keep it up every single day. a lot of hotties were in there today. w..w..wish me luck Veeky Forumsizens.

good luck, just focus on yourself and you'll be fine

>started keto
>meal keeps me full and satisfied for five and a half hours
>no crash or desire to snack in between meals

It's real. All of it.

It's only so high because of all the fatties jiggling around.

>keto

I just cannot do it. I need bread/rice.

What the fuck is going on? I'm working out every day and eating 1000~1500 below maitenance and yet In three weeks my weight didn't go down even one kg.

Pls help me

Oh, and btw, I do weigh my food.

Should I just give up on getting a six pack?

I was 241 lbs and finally managed to slim down to 177 lbs. Unfortunately I have a lot of loose skin on my lower abs and as a result I have puffy upper abs but a bad looking lower stomach. Is there any hope without surgery?