Hi Veeky Forums as many people make new years resolutions, i want to get a nice and round butt...

hi Veeky Forums as many people make new years resolutions, i want to get a nice and round butt, but i dont know what a good routine would be, preferably one that can be done at home. what would you suggest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmNPOjaGrVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

buy a barbell and weights and squat 3x5 every other day while adding 5 pounds every workout

If your ass looks like the one on the left, check for posterior pelvic tilt first.

You should try slapping

Be a nignog

unless you have genetics for it, not much will happen. You'll likely just get rid of excess fat and reduce cellulite and improve the overall shape, but if you have a square ass, it will still remain a square ass. Ultimately it's determined by hip width and fat distribution.

being my gf

Bulgarian split squats. You can start with body weight and go from there. They are my favorite exercise and I've had great results.

orc asses beat troll asses erry day of the week

New year friend poster go back to tumblr

Glute bridges, hip thrusts, squats, leg kickbacks, Romanian deadlifts, box jumps.
Use weights preferably.
Wrong.

You should slap your ass 1x12 twice a day, it's gonna build up an extra layer of fat to protect it from the repeated impacts

Can someone recommend some workouts for my gf to do? She's going to get Veeky Forums this year and needs some advice, all I know is bench, squat, diddly, rows and ohp but obviously she wont do most ov them

Forgot to add, bands are your friends.

IG models have implants, it's literally not gonna happen unless its meant to happen. I've seen enough women attempt this at gym for there to be no results, regardless of how often. Anterior pelvic tilt may help it seem like you 'grew' an ass, but it's all about posing anyway.

last year, i did a 30 day squad challenge, i think i ended it on 150 squads with no extra weight. it did add 2 inches, if i remember right, bu im not too sure if it was that alone doing it.

i have a slight tilt, but im working on it, nothing like the pic though.

im honestly not sure what shape my butt is, but i cant imagine it would hurt to work on it.

thank you anons. how many sets and how often would i do them? sorry for the stupid questions, i never had a proper workout plan other than just "what i felt like"

This. Lunges also work, but split squats will allow you to continue to make gainz without needing fuckhuge dumbells.

>how many sets and how often would i do them?
three sets of 8-12 reps twice a week if you're doing other leg exercises, three times if you're not.

That's fine, all I'm saying is to maintain perspective. It's equivalent to guys working out thinking they're gonna look like Arnold before they realise that they have weird ab and chest insertions. What you're wanting to do is good, but don't be misled by thinking you'll gain curves where there were few before.

RE: exercises - glute bridges, sumo deadlifts, pause atg squats, Romanian deadlifts are all you need. Add some accesories if you want, but variations of the above ought to fulfill your plans.

BSS. See what you're capable of. Go for a good burn. It's a somewhat awkward movement and balance may be an issue at first. Watch some youtube videos on proper form. Athleanx has a decent one.

Help a brother out, forgot to mention these workouts should require no barbells, preferably bodyweight, bands or dbs

>how many sets and how often
Don't go and try to do it all at once, that's just a list.
Read the sticky, start a doable and balanced routine and learn that 80% of it all is nutrition.

Burpees until you shit. If she's not interested in going to the gym they will at least help her lose weight and improve cardio.

thank you, would it like says be a good idea if i split them up and only do a few of the exercises in the beginning?
ive heard that the nutrition is important. i was planning on trying to eat a bit healthier as well. eating more fish and veggies and cutting some of the junk

mhm, i know, like there isnt a lot of muscles on the side of the butt to, i guess, fill in the hole when flexing. im just hoping for a little improvement at least.
thanks for the exercises, you guys seem to all agree on most of them!

ill definitely see if i can find some good examples

Sticky whore

You are not getting anywhere with one exercice, it seems you barely know whats healthy food

Cheers bro, any other ideas? Was thinking glute bridges and maybe some light lat work for a nice tight back

>Wants to get fit
>Doesnt want to lift stuff

I think she doesnt want to get fit

Slapping your ass regularly makes your body add extra fat to your fat cells to protect you from further harm. It's an interesting biological system.

She's cool with dieting and bodyweight, but I haven't asked her about weights, DBs seem alright but I don't want her fucking around with my BBs because it's a fucking piss take to set my shit back up when she's repping 5kgs on each side

well i cant really deny that, all i know is it a step up from my usual...
i know a lot of people are into measuring macros, but as much as i want to improve myself, i dont want to let it rule me. i have a friend who got obsessed with it and now hes happier not measuring

bodyweight won't do shit after the first couple of workouts

you need something on your back

Dont be a lazy ass and help your gf

Man, you really dont want to get fit, do you

how do i make my ass smaller??!! im sick of being a male with a thicc ass

Squats and deadlifts.

do you have like a desk job where you sit all day or even one where you have to stand for a long ass time

>last year, i did a 30 day squat challenge

Damn I forgot how stupid beginners can be.

>2018
>Not going to the gym

>last year, i did a 30 day squad challenge, i think i ended it on 150 squads with no extra weight. it did add 2 inches, if i remember right, bu im not too sure if it was that alone doing it.
Air squats won't do much for you, relative to the amount of time and effort they take. You want heavy weight and low reps.
Read Starting Strength for an in-depth guide on proper form. Doing all those air squats might have ingrained habits in you that'll be inefficient or even potentially damaging if you do them under a heavy weight.

Is it thicc from fat or from muscle?

>implying the only way to get fit is to let it rule your life
i dont aim to be a bikini model...

perhaps, im not very smart, ill be honest

i see, thanks. ill give it a read

>preferably one that can be done at home
Sleep and eat well.
Also go to gym.

Don't think you can grow significant muscle without joining a gym. You will need to add resistance at some point when you are moderately trained through the form of a barbell/dumbells with microplates to progressively overload.

You should look into the work of Brett Contreras if you want info and a good programme.

Also, ignore the advice of vapid insta thots and their meme routines. They got where they are either incredibly slowly doing what they do, or were already there by fat distribution, genetics or surgery.

>i have a friend who got obsessed with it and now hes happier not measuring
It's still good to have an idea. When I started getting Veeky Forums, I measured pretty much everything, and it was a bit exhausting but it also taught me a hell of a lot.
I don't measure anything these days, because I don't need to anymore. Thanks to the initial effort I put in, I've developed decent enough instincts to get what I need.

>Don't think you can grow significant muscle without joining a gym.
You can if you build a home gym. Which incidentally is much easier for women since they only need like half the weight that a man does, which not only means half the plates but also potentially cheaper equipment since you can get away with lower weight limits.

Yes, except if they do that. In the EU at least, things like racks, plates barbells etc are very expensive with little on second hand and you need several yearly memberships to male up the value. Not to mention, we have much smaller houses compared to Americans in general.

kek

i do have 2 pairs of dumbbells in the basement, iirc they are 5 and 10kg. i just want to start up at home without embarrassing myself too much

you got a point there. could i ask you for some simple recommendations on what to eat, or are ya'll just gonna say read the sticky?

Starting strenght is a book, just read the sticky

Read the sticky, go to the gym, change your diet, and stop making excuses about taking your life over, how is it gonna take over your life if you can barely bother to get out of your chair

my wife was a cardio bunny with that fucking square ass. The last 3 month she follow my advice but without my supervision.
She is doing a full body workout (AB routine) with dumbell sumo squats (in A) and dumbell romanian deadlift (in B)...
She is crazy improving and she started to believe in improving his body with weightlifting.

I told her when she think she is stalled We will plan a better routine.

The sticky is shit, read the fucking book (which the sticky more or less tells you to read anyway).

she still is not near a beautiful ass but I see crazy improvements there. I am sure if she continue in that way she will look amazing for the next summer.

i neer sai i cant get out of my chair, i did the (apprently stupid) squad challenge. i just want to start up in the comfort of my home

You wont get anywhere without proper equipment, no weight excercies will do nothing in a really short amount of time. Just read the damb sticky

>i do have 2 pairs of dumbbells in the basement, iirc they are 5 and 10kg

>10kg

Wowzer senpai. Do you at least have proper squat form when you did your meme challenge? Going deep?

yea im a pumped one

i would say i did, straight back and going down to a 90 degree bend in the knees over a few seconds

Then you are ready for the gym, also go lower

>to a 90 degree bend in the knees
o no

guess i will once i can remember the exersices

really? i was told that going lower wouldnt give better results and could be bad on the knees?

read starting strength if you want to look like a sack of fucking potatoes

>Bad on the knees

HAHAHAHAHAHA. The lower the squat the better for knees, go read the damn sticky already, seems the people that taught you were memeing you

>really? i was told that going lower wouldnt give better results and could be bad on the knees?
I'll just say that there's a reason it took 1/5th of an entire book to explain proper squat technique, you're not gonna get all that info here.

you guys are conflicting... what should i do then in your opinion?

>the guy who thought of becoming a trainer memed me
feels bad man

theres that much to it? wow

Pics of people who followed the sticky please?
Basically everyone in the cbt threads did some combination of calisthenics and a curlbro routine with some cardio. I've yet to see a non obviously bullshit picture of anyone who's did any of the routine that are shilled in the mostly defunct sticky.

>captcha: ultimate STOP

everyone that looks really good has no set routine

lets you hit the muscle at more angles, and doesnt let your body adapt to the stresses

ie, like, if you're going chest, you can do chest flys if you feel like it, you can bench, you can do machine press, db bench, or better yet, do it all

You fags want novices to do a routine composing of 10 excercices to different goals and reps. You do ss to introduce novice to the gym in a easy and simple way.

Just dont follow the guy nutrition advice

Lol op here desu I didn't think getting a nice ass would require so much reading lol nevermind unless you can do literally All of the work for me then how about no

this was my progress doing only SS > TM. First and 2nd pics are 6-7 months apart. i don't think it's that amazing but i certainly didn't turn into a "sack of potatoes".

Stay fatty tumblurina

>doing only SS > TM. First and 2nd pics are 6-7 months apart.
See?
Strong LARP

>muscle confusion actually works

I guess Chad was onto something.

> 7 months

Fuck off, I could do that in 10 minutes if you gave me a treadmill, a few lighbulbs, a room with little natural light, and some oil

what a shit program

7 months to lose 7lbs of bodyfat

>everyone that looks really good has no set routine
It's weird how people think that no one actually trains hard unless they follow a program that's considered mediocre or downright trash by real natural personal trainers and decent coaches.
As long as people follow the basics they can do anything

And making novices do a few exercises as heavy as possible for nearly 2 hours will make them MORE likely to stay in the gym?
The ego stroke of a new pr doesn't actually interest as many people as you think and the program is absolute outright shit for "aesthetics" optimal mass or basic athletic ability.
It's a toy program that will appeal to only a handful of people and outside of that people who fall for it will be less likely to ever workout once they realize that they were bamboozled or they snap their shit up and never lift again and even dislike the gym and fitness in general.

Am I the only one creasing about the fact that this alex motherfucker been popping up in loads of threads?

meh, the biggest thing is like, if your routine says 60 lbs and 10 reps, you do it, and that's that/

but if youre not on a routine, lets say you can do 11 reps, because you realize you had another one left in the tank

that last rep where it hurts really bad is what makes you big

I dont know the sciencer that well, but theres also a little effect with your body where it realizes that like 'man, i was strangeling that sabertooth tiger and i almsot coulnt fucking do it, shit, that was close' and you make more test because your brain is worried about next time (serious)

>I dont know the sciencer that well, but theres also a little effect with your body where it realizes that like 'man, i was strangeling that sabertooth tiger and i almsot coulnt fucking do it, shit, that was close' and you make more test because your brain is worried about next time (serious)
this is the type of fitness advice you get on Veeky Forums in 2018.

>theres that much to it? wow
When you've got heavy weight on your back, small differences matter.
The book itself is mostly going in depth into mechanics and background info though, so don't think you have to have hundreds of pages in your head at any given time. It's just to build a solid understanding, but it's definitely something any novice would benefit from reading cover to cover at least once.

It's not a replacement for the book, but link related is a tutorial by a Starting Strength certified coach, which might give you an idea of what you're getting into if you're not up for committing to anything yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=vmNPOjaGrVE

And for the record, lifting is pretty much all Veeky Forums knows. I genuinely think it'll benefit you, but maybe I'm biased by my own passion for it, and by the fact that a few years ago I was also a gymphobic NYEfag hot off the 30 day squat challenge before Veeky Forums.
So if you're wondering why people are so insistent on getting you to lift, we're basically jewish mothers trying to get you to eat, it's just our way.

>you guys are conflicting... what should i do then in your opinion?
Veeky Forums just has very strong opinions about pretty much any routine (or entire disciplines) that are prominent enough to be recognisable by name.
SS is a solid beginner routine that's a good enough all-rounder to be recommended to beginners indiscriminately. But because it's recommended so much, it starts to feel overrated, and then gets judged by a higher standard than necessary. In reality, beginners just don't need much specification, SS will serve well almost anyone who's brand new to fitness, and having a tie-in book makes it very accessible and easy to recommend with minimal explanation.

>people who've been lifting long enough to actually look good aren't doing babby's first program
no shit

You want your gf to improve right?

noice

lmk next time u see a big guy in the gym that isnt huffing and puffing and moaning and groaning and red in the face

>fit in 2018
>post 'work harder, get bigger'
>flamed

yeh ok

>"raining to failure increases motor unit activation and the secretion of muscle-building hormones, like HGH and testosterone, compared to conventional methods, according to a 2007 Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research study. AMRAP strengthens your mind, too: Without a definitive stopping point, you’ll work harder than you could ever imagine."

BLOW ME

Why I need studies? Go to the gtm, and train until you fail.

You WILL FEEL the test pumping in your blood, you will FEEL the test coursing thru your brain like a swarm of angry bees

HIP THRUST

>looking at names
Am I the only one that's literally never noticed if someone's a name/tripfag?

Routines are programmed to prevent over training. Some will absolutely have sets where you go for as many reps as you can (eg Greyskull and 531 go to failure/AMRAP respectively every single workout).
But sometimes, leaving nothing in the tank will just fuck up tomorrow's workout for very little gain.

Some people can probably get along fine just fucking around, but programs are designed for maximum efficiency. Being stronger than you were last workout doesn't mean you've gained as much strength as you could have, and that efficiency adds up in the long run.

Tren and HGH

watching the video now.
i see what you are saying about fit being mothers, ha.

yea there are definitely some strong opinions, i can see that.
you gotta learn to crawl before you can walk, and it sounds like SS is kind of like that too

over training is a lie, not possible unless you are low test beta male or training 8 hours a day

people say that steroid users have increased recovery capciety and cant overtrain, what they fail to mention is that living a healhty clean life and training and having high natty test pretty much means u cant overtrain either

obviosuly, the roider can work for 12 horus a day if he wants, and u cant. but overtraining is really overexagerated, and used as an excuse for being lazy

I hate to use anectedal evidence, but when I was training more, I looked better.

Everyone that I see in the gym that looks good (natty good) is there like, all day

Things you can do with little to no equipment, in order of how much strength is required (low -> high)
>bodyweight squats
>glute bridges
>lunges (can add DBs)
>single leg dumbbell deadlift
>deep step-ups
>assisted and/or negative pistol squat
>bulgarian split squat
>full pistol squat
That is a progression from squatting basically all of your weight on two legs, to almost all of it on one. As you move through it, use earlier exercises as warm-ups once they become easy, and do more working sets of the more strenuous exercises. If you're still not happy with your butt, either eat more protein or go do SS.

genetics is the key factor in a broads ass, so if you dont already have one, dont set your goals too crazy. squats are good, but deadlifts are what really engages glutes and strengthens the lower back for the pelvic tilt that will lift the ass. low weight high reps. also try slapping that shit lol. hopefully your ass doesn’t look like on the left lel

thank you user! theres no way i an do a pistol squad, yet, but hopefully after a few weeks or months!

they are for sure, so im not gonna expect anything, but hope for the best. ill add deadlifts in as well.
its not that bad, its like in between id say.

maybe a ill slap it a bit after a session lol

Ive been lurking the thread. It pains me to have to spend the energy to write this. You are a dumbfuck my friend. And you do not know what you are talking about.

Roiders can overtrain quite happily. When I was training 6 days a week on steroids, I hit a brutal wall that sapped me for weeks, because for some reason I was hitting massive volumes at >90% every single day. Don't listen to this guy.

reminder: sage and report all f*male or homo threads, do a good deed today anons

if you start off like the before pic, you will never reach the after pic without implants. FACT.

especially the fridge-ness of the waist. you will never change your frame from gaining muscle or changing fat distribution. it's purely luck of your genes to get that feminine frame of wide hips and narrow waist into the ribcage.

don't delude yourself, just be healthy and make the most of what you have.