I lift in a barn that has been converted into a home gym but it gets freezing ass cold in the winter...

I lift in a barn that has been converted into a home gym but it gets freezing ass cold in the winter. How do some of you deal with lifting when it's super fucking cold?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gqwuYX3fZZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do longer warmups

Get a space heater

This and add warm clothing to reduce time.

Have you tried heating the barn?

Chop wood and make a fire right in the centre
Feel the call of the wild and remember your ancestors who spent their days fighting with rocks and clubs, killing and eating proud animals, and fucking in their caves
Achieve caveman strength brother

So my Equinox in Boston is very well heated. It overlooks the commons and provides simple glorious views.

Get an electric heater. Or a small potbelly wood stove, cost like 200 bucks on ebay, or if you live on or near farms then you might actually find some old ones that you can buy for cheap.

Takes too long

>get a table
>put a bunch of candles that are the same height over it
>have a perforated metal bowl that goes over the candles (like a strainer)
>the heat from the lit candles will heat the metal and keep your hands warm between sets

I lifted outside through two winters like this. Layer up. I did it barefoot too, but I can handle cold feet. That's a mental thing. Cold hands actually affect your workout.

I rember being in the weight pit in prison in the winter time
>warm up the best you can inside
>no matter what your joints are going to hurt like hell

Oh good, you get to look at all the homeless people and limp-wristed liberal protestors

I'd just pretend I was a viking and lift with the Gods.

Is there any way you can insulate the barn? Patch up any gaps in the wood and then apply premade insulation? Depending on the size of your barn in might actually be fairly affordable.

R8 prison food for gains
Did you have to make someone your bitch to get their food for caloric surplus?

I USE A PORTABLE HEATER ITS REALLY GOOD

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I mean yeah, I don't have to smell them

this
chop wood as a warmup too, then when the fire is lit you will feel your ancestors warmth coarse through your body and you will be able to skull fuck the weights

Can you shut the fuck up no one wants to buy a $300 a month membership to a gym without an Olympic lifting platform.

Why were you in prison? I didn't think thugs browsed Veeky Forums

Seal it up real good and park your car(s) inside with the windows down and the heaters running. The extra heat from the engine running really makes this work. You can even set it all up and hour or 2 before working out to preheat the garage.

That depends on how you plan to heat it. If it has good ventilation a electric blower propane/gas heater are often used to heat up open areas quickly, but one must be careful of the CO2.

>How do some of you deal with lifting when it's super fucking cold?
You DON'T. You increase your risk of soft tissue injury if you do. Put a fucking space heater out there or something.

Get a propane heater or make a burn barrel if you don't have a wood stove

Have you tried a fucking space heater you retarded mongoloid?

This is a good idea, cars actually put out a lot of good clean heat and gas prices aren't that bad right now op.

Make heat somehow. Heater or fire or whatever.

Work on insulating the barn. I have a feeling this is your parents barn as you'd otherwise own it yourself and done this already. In that case like get a job dude lol.

And finally just heat yourself up. Bottom layer is moisture wicking, usually tight. Middle/outer layer for insulation/wind breaking.

jog a mile before working out or do lunges up and down the barn that'll give you a nice sweat.

Timer

I lift at the part of my backyard that has a roof. I just wear a hoodie, long sweatpants and drink shitloads of hot coffee while I work out. Might also want to take the time to seriously warm up first, like skipping rope for ten minutes or something like that.

Breaking a deadlift PR out in the open while most people are at their homes with the heater on or in bed is the best feeling in the world.

this theyre dirt cheap

I'd rather this than it being 40C for 3 fucking months of the year

Space heater and wear more clothing at the start of the workout before your body starts to warm up

Layers, my dude. As you warm up, pull of a layer as necessary.

It's 0ºF outside now and maybe 10ºF in my garage, where I work out. By the end I'm still sweating, too hot for my wool hat, etc.

Is this you, OP?
youtube.com/watch?v=gqwuYX3fZZc

simple, BREATHE MOTHERFUCKER