youtube.com/watch?v=c-aXQDk3C5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

never seen a leg press like that

One is a meme the other is not.

What did Scooby said?

leg press targets quads more directly
squats incorporate core, glutes, hamstrings

>never seen a leg press like that
My current gym has that kind of leg press instead of the regular ones, it sucks really as they is hardly any ROM.

This man has to train more arms, pathetic

Scooby is a faggot

>hardly any rom
it has full rom
dont be like me and not put the latch down for half a year that lets u get the full rom

What latch?

what the hell is that? Does it like, pivot or slide back?

Kek, story on how you found out !

>the King of Lifts versus a machine
>debate

>get roadbike
>clipless pedals
>shift to 54/11
>sprint uphill out of saddle

If the resistance is still too low:
>raise cadence to 120
>mount 62 tooth chainring

If that is still not enough, your name must be Förstermann.

>be me
>first month of lifting
>doing leg press and no squats because im a bitch
>thought i had the strongest legs cause i could load up like 7 plates and rep them out
>miring my extreme strength in between sets
>after i finish my last set get off and qt3.14 takes over the machine
>see her load up 1pl8 and pull the latch and do full rom
never felt more embarrassed in my life

Leg press conserves energy so you can put it all into legs. BUTT... squat is great for real world strength because it strengthens core

why not do leg press and core exercises

trick question, bikes are best

Neither. Don't squat or leg press.

Deadlift is the superior lower body movement and the only functional full body lift.

because you can squat instead

>leg press hurts my knees even though i never lock out
>squats feel fine

Help? Am I pushing the weight wrong? My legs are shoulder width, slightly pointed out

Squats are a way better compound exercise. You exercise the same muscles just as much plus you exercise other muscles at the same time. All the time you spend leg pressing is wasted squatting time.

Also those leg press snapicity webms are way too spooky.

Squats, deadlifts, lunges, calf raises, and plenty of running and/or cycling is how to build your legs, along with the rest of your body at the same time.

>this

>You exercise the same muscles just as much plus you exercise other muscles at the same time.
that's simply not true, user.

Correct but I don't see how his sexuality comes into this.

How does one even learn to squat without using the back?

No matter what happens eventually my form breaks down from fatigue and my back takes over and I always hurt my back some how.

For now I dropped squats all together, but the issue is I lift from home so my only remaining lower body lift is a deadlift, which I can do fine without any back issues.

Could it be that my body just isn't built for squatting?

excuse me

with squats you also work your arms, double gains

Who the fuck cares?
All you need to know is the effort on an incline is not the same as an effort standing straight up.
Both work, if you have back problems stick with assisted.

>with squats you also work your arms, double gains

There are people on Veeky Forums who actually believe this.

Do front squats.

see
Retard

bc then your core keeps up with your legs. I went from leg pressing a ton to trying to squat the same weight. Despite doing abs, I didn't have a balanced core. I had back and knee issues until I started from nothing and started from scratch with my squat weight.

I actually stopped squatting completely for a while and still had lots of problems until recently. When I improved my core with body weight squats and a focus on core.

I do squats as a main lift and leg press for assistance
Why choose?

So you can argue with random people online about nothing

/thread

u know how u keep ur spine from being compressed?
by using ur muscles
its almost like its a full body movement and not just a 'leg' exercise

you actually need to compress your spine if you want to strenghten it

>your name must be Förstermann.

74 cm of leg circumference

I just enjoy the leg press more than squating

Yeah it's like asking why not just do 15 isolation exercises instead of a deadlift

Also people meme about squats destroying your knees while leg press is basically the knee blender

some people want to be able to stand up at 40

Leg press and freebar squats are not comparable in any way, really. You can't convert one to the other in any meaningful way.

That being said some people (like me) physically can't do squats because of physical abnormalities or lack of flexibility. In my case my thoracic spine sticks out in the back and the bar rests on it no matter what I do. Total non-starter.

Just whatever you do don't use a leg press machine like in pic related. Two reasons why:
1. Since it's a 30-degree incline you're pushing up against, you have weigh yourself first and add 50% of that to whatever the lift is.
2. Since they don't mark what the seat assembly weighs, you CANNOT add 50% of that to the lift, too, so you DO NOT KNOW what you're really leg pressing.

They have one of these at my gym and I've pointed it out to them, but even the manufacturer can't tell me what the damned seat assembly weighs. So it's a useless form of the machine. Use a 45-degree leg press sled instead; multiply the weight of the plates you add by 0.707, then add what the sled itself says it weighs.

Yeah bikes aren't the only thing he's cycling.

Also, no matter how big his dick is it looks tiny next to those

> In my case my thoracic spine sticks out in the back and the bar rests on it no matter what I do. Total non-starter.

so front squat instead. stop making excuses.

>implying front squats are any less dangerous than back squats
So I'm supposed to fuck up my arms as well as my back? Fuck you. For what I train for leg press is more than sufficient, I have no reason to bother.

Man this leg press is awesome, the ROM is more similar to a squat so u can just do this instead of squatting

>Be me when I was 18
>New to lifting but always bmxed so pretty strong legs
>Go to leg press
>2 plates
>Not enough
>3 plates
>Still not enough
>All the way to the max plates
>Rep it out
>I'm fucking strong
>Next time in gym
>I'll try squats this time
>Since I can do so much on the leg press let's start out with 3 plates
>Thinking to myself I'll probably need to add weight after this baby set
>Go to start my warmup of 3 plates
>Unload the bar and begin to squat
>I start my descent slowly
>Start picking up speed
>Oh shit oh no
>Come crashing down with the weight on top of me
>UGGGHHH
>Everyone in gym rushes over to help
>Get up unhurt luckily and walk on out of there
>Found a new gym

No way was I gonna be the guy who was crushed by the squat in that gym.

That's pretty much the wackest math I've ever seen

Totally different exercises man.

Squat is better in that more muscles are worked in a more realistic, functional way while still putting the emphasis on your legs. You are also better able to go through a full ROM and get them ass and hammie gains.

Leg press is just quad shit through partial ROM that takes the rest of your body out of the equation. I use leg press as a finisher on leg or squat days because it hits the quads good. But this is after dl's and lunges and squats are done.

walking effectively strengthens the spine

youtube.com/watch?v=c-aXQDk3C5k

Let this be a lesson to those who brag about how much they can leg press.

You might be leaning forward too far which may be due to poor flexibility. If you have shitty flexibility try a stretching routine for a few weeks and then try squatting again.

I know the math is bullshit but from a medical standpoint it's plausible. Hmm.

I could leg press 200 kg as a skinny teenager. Leg press is fucking useless.