Veeky Forums what is the ideal weight for a competing MMA fighter ? I'm 5"10 and currently weigh 180ish...

Veeky Forums what is the ideal weight for a competing MMA fighter ? I'm 5"10 and currently weigh 180ish. I wanted to compete at 170 but you cunts look shredded at 160 at 5"10 what do. I wanna beat ass while still getting ass.

completely depends on what weight you feel the best at. do you actually train mma? I think probably not or your coach would answer this question for you. It also doesnt make sense to cut to competition weight before the fight

I watch a lot of UFC so basically yeah.

oh ok cool me too. No trainer worth his salt is gonna let you even do heavy sparring until like 5 months (here heavy means punches at like 80% power, not muay thai play sparring with some wrestling), so it really doesnt make any sense to cut to your ideal weight now. you are also going to lose alot of your muscle if you want to be good at this, you dont have the hormones or the joint integrity to train mma and bodybuilding simultaeously. you are either genetically luckily or on steroids if you look awesome and are in fighting shape. thats why most ufc fighters are fat or cut to their bones

uh, have you been training for 10 years?
if not your body and skills are just not at the level for competition... lol.

Did your first boyfriend get mad that you didn't have 10 prior years of taking dick up the ass experience?

are you mad you're just a bitch who'll either quit after 1 fight or just never do your first fight?

Are you mad your parents couldn't give you better genes

lol ur just mad as fuck dumb ass
enjoy your loss and perhaps an injury

>Getting this defensive over nothing
He's trying to spare you a humiliating defeat and possibly some brain damage to go with it.

The 10 years of training he alludes to is honestly a pretty good number. You don't necessarily need 10 years of MMA training but that 10 years could include 8 years of wrestling experience in high school and college, 5 years of judo or BJJ experience, et cetera.

what you listed is like the average experience for a competitor in the ufc. you dont have to be a professional mma fighter to compete just like you dont have to be an olympic judoka to compete in judo

Assuming your end goal is to fight in the UFC:

At 5'10" you're looking at lightweight (155lbs) if you want to optimally leverage your size. Good luck, that weight class is a shark tank.

You MIGHT be able to swing welterweight (170 lbs) but you'd definitely be on the smaller end of the spectrum for the division.

You don't have to train for ten years to compete in entry level amateur MMA bruh

Op you need to understand that these guys weigh in at 160 but usually gorge themselves over the next 1-2 days and get in the ring at 180+

So yeah if you’re average walking around weight is 180 you should be shooting for a weight class of 155-160.

tbf, amateur MMA skill level is pretty abysmal

>2012
>top 50

Fuck outta here. OP doesn't want to risk getting CTE for free pizza and a $500 check, he wants to be among the best of the best.

amateur competitions usually weigh in right before the fight
also that weight gain is a huge exaggeration. they just replenish the water weight which is at most like 6 pounds

180 you should be fighting at 155, you should be pretty lean already but should walk into camp at 175 and come out 170~ and have a fairly easy cut

and if you do this you will look like shit. bodybuilding and mma dont mix

>they cut a shit ton of water weight
for muh extra strength and size advantage. And that shit probably needs to stop, it ruins there gas tank and all the weight classes keep fucking growing. There are 6 footers in the lightweight division now. It's probably going to take someone dying for them to actually regulate it. Cutting 15+ pounds a day before you fight someone can't be good for your body.

guy at my gym is about 5'10" walks at 184 post fights after pigging out- but fights at 155 usually. He's younger though, so he's able to cut like crazy quick.

there's a promotion in SE asian now- forgetting the name- but they prohibit weight cutting, they have a range that the two fighters have to get to within each other or something- and they check their weight long before the fight to make sure they're not cutting.

With MMA, the concern is for the increased risk of CTE from cutting, you lose brain water too.

totally agree they should do 3 weigh ins, 2 weeks out 1 week out and day before, and they need to be on weight for all 3

We can only hope other organizations follow the trend. I mean look at RDA, Frankie edgar, Robert whittaker, etc. They're doing great. It also takes away some of the merit when you realize most of the champs/great fighters are just oversized for their division. The only division that stays consistant is the flyweight manlet division. They also add a few divisions between light heavy to heavy weight 205-265 c'mon and one between light weight and welterweight.

Depends on build
If ur small frame 145
Otherwise 170

Google badlefthook manny paciuqo wrist size
They got a calculator for fightimg weight classes

lol the guy fighting for the heavyweight title only has 4 years of training