Is it ideal to do workouts in the morning? won't you be tired the entire day at the office?

is it ideal to do workouts in the morning? won't you be tired the entire day at the office?

i wanna start doing HIIT sprint workout. when should i do it?

the difference working out in the morning makes is so minute, don't worry about it just go at a time that you can consistently do

what? i don't get it. so should working out ideally be done before i go to work of AFTER i go to work? do you workout before work or after work?

I go late at night because I'm definitely not a morning person. just do whatever works best for you
if it makes 0 difference what time you go, there are very slight indicators that morning is better

you should wait at least half an hour before doing squats/deadlifts. something to do with the spine being compressed during sleep.

Point is it don't matter. Just go

you really need home gym or something close to commit to weekday morning routines. it wont go the way you want it at first, this is why homegym is beneficial. over time, you learn to tweak them little by little until they become functional. this not only revolves around exercise selection and intensity, but diet and sleep as well

well i'm more interested in sprint running. i like the idea of being fast and healthy. but if i workout in the morning, will i be tired at work? will workout make me feel awake and fresh or tired?

>won't you be tired the entire day at the office?
On the contrary.

Do it either on days when you don't lift or a couple hours after your lifting session

It has less to do with what's ideal, and more with being able to fit in training to your weekly schedule. Missing a session is far more detrimental to your progress than training in a less than optimal conditions. Oftentimes people train godawfully early or late at night because that's the only time of the day can do it. As for me, training early in the morning is horrible, but sometimes there's no avoiding it.

>tired the entire day at the office
Not really unless you're frying your CNS to begin with. Also sleeping schedule plays an important role.

>training early in the morning is horrible
why?

You have top hormone concentrations in the morning, morning wood proves it.

not him but it makes sense no? the fatigue will eventually hit you no matter how well conditioned you are. the earlier you train, the earlier it will kick in

Because I'm not a morning person and I have a sleep disorder. The earlier I have to wake up the slower I have to do things because otherwise I'll start fucking up, like forget packing my shoes, forget my keys, get lost in thought in traffic, have difficulties with studies/work etc. Training is usually subpar, and I will eventually crash during the day. If I only trained in the morning I'd likely get better at it, but it's so uncomfortable that I just prefer avoiding it whenever I can.

Don't do this. Do it fasted first thing in the morning

I'm not a morning person but I feel energised for the day when I work out first thing.

Wouldn't lift weights first thing tho bad for the spine apparently

I feel more energy at work after I work out in the morning.

The only problem is now my workouts take longer and I need to wake up before 4AM to get to work on time.

>frying your CNS
when will this meme die?

I typically train in the morning before work because I am too tired by the end of the day to go to the gym. That being said, when I didn’t work I noticed I was weaker in the morning and stronger in the evening. I don’t know if it’s because I wasn’t 100% awake in the morning and I had lower energy or what, but those are my personal experiences.

unrelated but whose pic is that? need to add him to my dream journal

Testosterone is highest in the morning and lowest in the evening

however prolactin is also the highest in the morning

If you are just getting into lifting/working out, it doesn't matter WHEN you do it, it matters THAT you do it. If it's easiest for you to fit in morning workouts, then great, do it then. Do whatever you enjoy, and keeps you consistent. Consistency here is key.

For me, I've been lifting for a 5+ years, and heavy lower body workouts are awful at 5am. I'm less mobile and weaker. Regularly squatting 4 plates and deadlifting 5 plates is really, really hard about an hour after I wake up.

JJ Watt. NFL linebacker. All 3 of the Watt brothers play in the NFL, what a beastly family.

>gains
>exponential

1.01*365 = 368.65
.99*365 = 361.35

Smh brainlets

cool i want all 3 of them to destroy my boipucci. thanks user

Smh.
What happened to the filter baka

Depends on how long you work and how long you workout. I usually slump out when I wake up at 5 and do gym at 6 at around 1600 or 1700 hours.

So the end of the work day might be a challenge but if I have a good lunch I usually make it 'till I'm home before eating and rolling into bed right quick.

I find that I'm more awake and focused at work when I work out in the morning.

I set my alarm for 330 and gym from 4-630. Office from 7-4, home making dinner by 5. Eat with the family at 6, help with homework/play vidya/whatever until 8, then go to bed.

I am not tired at all during the day. I gave a cup of coffee before and after the gym, and a Sips at 1.

it only ever filtered lower-case

Maybe it's the capitalization
Smh
baka

this sounds miserable as heck

That doesn't make sense. Go to sleep earlier if you're getting hit by fatigue.

>I have a sleep disorder.
And I have a dontgiveafuckaboutmadeupbullshit disorder, get over yourself millennial cunt.

MOBILE POSTERS OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Now that I have a familia, I find home gym at night works for me but years ago I used to work out in the mornings before work and I felt great all do, not tired.

I work a physical job and I still do my workout after work. I can't get shit done if I know I have to work a few hours later, so I rather sleep till work and do workout after.

How about you try it for a few months and report back instead of killing threads with your stupid bullshit questions?

It's actually not at all. I'm a combat veteran so A) am used to early military mornings B) have issues if my time is unstructured because of mild PTSD/Spergism. Habit, routine, and order make my life possible. I'm not suggesting it'll work for everyone, but it's serving me well. Decided to get back in shape about 3 months ago, and my weight is down 10% and my lifts are 125/190/245/275. My run time is down to a passing two mile time again, and I'm able to swim 800m without stopping for the first time in like a decade. Managing a 4.0 GPA in my MBA program and just got a 15k bonus at work.

Trips of freedom

If you reply "thank you for your service" to this post you will be blessed with early morning gains and a 15k bonus

thank you for your service
ah. i sorta figured you might be military based off how you were posting the time haha

how does one achieve this mode?

by being a Chad