Keto or OMAD diet? which one works better with running to lose weight?

Keto or OMAD diet? which one works better with running to lose weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

mensjournal.com/health-fitness/fats-vs-carbs-whats-the-best-fuel-for-athletes-w209509/
youtube.com/watch?v=96VZFklUM_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GOMAD because keto is going to kill your athletic performance

>keto
>kill running performance
Nah.

Vegan plant based whole food diet

Yeah pal. Less carbs will give you less energy.

Do you know what body fat is?

I'm currently doing OMAD but i read about Keto and it seemed good to, i asked if i should switch

lol sure thing ketoshills
mensjournal.com/health-fitness/fats-vs-carbs-whats-the-best-fuel-for-athletes-w209509/

>GOMAD to lose weight

Por qué no los dos?

ketones can provide energy for running dummy. but your liver can only produce a limited amount of ketones efficiently so it's not advisable if running ultramarathon nor is it advisable for hiit both of which tend to favor glycolysis, and if it doesn't find glycogen or glucose it'll just take free amino acids from gluconeogenesis.

OP's goal is fat loss, not performance.

If you're a casual runner it doesn't matter really.

If you're a competitive runner you shouldn't need to lose more than 2-8lbs at any time in your season.

But if you are in a base phase it'd be fine to be in ketosis really. But by the time you got depleted enough to be in ketosis (like 4 days of minimal food) you'd have already lost a lot of the 3-4lbs you need to lose. So no reason. Once you're out of base you really shouldn't be in ketosis.

But nah, you motherfuckers cannot do a legitimate, effective build phase while in ketosis. Shit ain't happening.

Yeah, i'm 5"10/180cm and 206lbs/94kg, i don't want to go to gym for a few months because there is a lot of new year fags there and i don't want to join them.

For me keto was the most efficient way and 120 min of cardio/day (HR 120-130), but it's very individual.
It depends on your metabolism and you may want to experiment with your own body.
If my carb intake isn't very low, it seems my body isn't that keen on using fat for energy but rather patiently waits until it gets more carbs.

sadly i don't have that much free time, i run for 30-45 minutes, around 7-8 kms/around 4 miles

Do both. OMAD while on a Keto diet is a fantastic way to lose lots of weight quickly.

Ocean of milk a day?

Have you done it personally? I'll look after it on google, but i think it's a bit more personal here

Yes I did it for three weeks in December. Lost almost 15 lbs. Was eating at night and lifting weights early morning. Had plenty of energy and felt good.

Fell of because of the holidays, but starting again today. The hunger pains are hitting me now, but in a few days I'll feel good again.

can u go into some detail regarding how it worked out for you? i started vegetarian keto 3 days ago (as i am a vegetarian) and it seemed like the only diet i could reasonably stick with.

so far so good. i went from 209 - 202 within 4 days. im counting calories and macros.

i need to lose around 40 lbs of fat, while becoming more athletic. my BMI is 34 right now with 30% bodyfat. I am determined to be a healthier person. I am also alternating working out, and doing the "Couch to 5k" walking/running routine for my daily cardio.

Am I on the right path?

That article was ketoshill level of science. Not a single reference to the research. Would have liked to read the details on "Trained runners were given a compound that prevented their bodies from burning fat "
Successful athletes on keto, usually train under ketosis and the compete with carbs. Don't think I've heard of anyone that goes keto all the way.

I did OMAD for a long time, but after a while it caused by body temperature to drop like a rock and I was always freezing (unless exercising). Now I prefer to mix it up a bit, let it change with the seasons, and keep track of macros while doing it.

He wants to lose fat not athletic performance.

This. I've run 6.5k on day two of a 48hour fast before, and it was fine. I also did some light lifting on the second day of my next 48 hour fast, which actually kinda sucked, as recovery suffered massively and my muscles were in more pain than usual, for three days. Basically just take it easy and don't go too crazy

I can second this. I went from Thanksgiving to Christmas and lost 15 pounds.

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

weak

If you're sedentary keto is great.
I agree though, if you plan to run, carbs and some sugar can be good for energy.

Not him but here's my results so far of doing keto OMAD since the 16th of last month. Just one cheat day on Dec. 24.

>vegetarian
>Am I on the right path?
No

Depends on the individual.
youtube.com/watch?v=96VZFklUM_Q

>two hour cardio

No way, I'm not a hamster. I'd rather just lift.