Here's where I'm currently at after 3 months of pullups and hand weights

Here's where I'm currently at after 3 months of pullups and hand weights.
>5'11"
>was 175+ now about 167 aiming for 165
>top two abs have started to show
>have actually grown so much that no longer fit into some of my new dress shirts I bought last spring 2017
>trying to lose some fat around my stomach so abs show up better

What my potential growth if I keep this up for all of 2018?
Any advice for losing the extra stomach fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N7187Yqpq6I&list=WL&index=13
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Piggybacking on this. OP have you checked out the fasting thread for losing the stomach fat?

>been back on 3 days/wk strength training for about a month, was on a steady backpacker diet of beer and pizza for a few months previously
>uneven cardio days because of fighting off a cold
>145 lbs/66 kg

Mostly wondering what y'all would approximate my bf% at, and whether the goddamn back lumps will ever go away or if I should focus on building up my chest more to make my torso look less curvy. This is basically the leanest my waist has been since pre-puberty so I don't know what to expect under my last mystery pockets of fat

damn look good bro! keep going! Try some tumeric and capesin to lose some fat but you dont seem to have much! good job!

Lol you have the exact same chest/stomach hair pattern I have! I haven't tried fasting yet, I've been on a calorie deficit for a while now already, don't know if that would help. If you want to learn what your bf% is, I'd recomend one of those HomeDiscs brand weight scales that can also measure your bf%, water weight, and other things. Mine was about $40 at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Thanks! All my extra body fat is in my stomach which I don't have much of. My scale as of yesterday says my bf% is at 15.7%. Trying to bring it down to at least 12%. I'm going to have to look into tumeric and capesin.

you have no fucking muscle OP the fuck are you talking about? not even trolling. you need to eat and lift.

plus EVERYONE has abs...if you tried to get a six pack at your height/weight currently you'd be stick thin borderline anorexic.

>Calisthenic beginner workout

Literally what the hell, OP? You should have made more progress. After 4 months of calisthenics I already looked quite ripped.

Show me your workout plan, your diet, and tell me your height. Do you have any goals?

17-22%

Remove your stomach hair

Well I got a set of those bowflex weights on black friday and I've been using those since then. And I've been doing pullups in my room for about 3-4 months like I said. I've been trying to stick to a low carb high protein diet but it's been a bit of a struggle. I also use a protein power before my workouts.
So I don't know what to tell you.

Here's my workout plan for my pullup bar. I've gone from being able to only do 3 pullups to about 12 in that time. My bowflex weights I haven't owned for that long and I'm sticking to 20lbs for the time being. I know I've gotten more well defined since I started because both my parents can tell.
I was never fat or really overweight. The most I weighted at one time was 178lbs.

you're stuck in the cycle everyone goes through when they first start. they believe they can actually put on muscle while loosing fat..guess what you're past that. you NEED to eat more. high protein and more carbs then you are now. you might be scared at first about putting on weight but everyone goes through that at first.

building muscle is 80% nutrition for a reason. just giving it to you raw because it'll benefit you in the long run. don't worry about abs either at this stage. that's a big mistake. i mean i'm at 6'2" and 230 lbs just starting a cut and you can still see the full outline of my abs because they're developed. yours haven't yet because well you're not eating enough.

like i said, best advice you'll get.

eat.

Why? It's a pain in the ass to shave it when I don't even have a gf to show it off to.

You guys need ab work, legs 6inches off ground to failure X3
Extended armed planks to failure X3
Do this at the end of your routine every time

>best advice it to eat more
That sounds easy enough, do you recommend I continue my high protein low carb diet or switch it up to something else? What do you suggest I eat on a regular basis? I've got a notepad I can write shit down on.

bump

About nutrition, listen to this guy however I disagree with him in one aspect. You can gain muscle and lose fat, it's just very tough but it's possible.

And about your workout.... dude to be completely honest with you it leaves a lot to be desired. If you're a beginner and you want to gain upper body strenght fast using pull ups you need to do negatives; they are a bitch but it works wonders. After a month of negatives you should be able to start doing strict pull ups (I was doing about 7 at that point, and I started with 0).

Also, you need MORE upper body exercises. Do push ups with different variations, example: Standard grip x10 + Close grip x10 + Wide grip x10 + Pike Push up x10 (with 3 sets of everything, you're looking at 120 reps that hit your chest and shoulders in every way if done properly).
After a while you should be able to spice up your pull up as well, same as before, standard, close, wide, and even muscle ups. With proper form you can even get a six pack without ever training your core (a friend of mine did it), however I would still recommend doing core training. Google Hanging L Raises, this is an exercise that will improve your grip and fore arm strenght at the same time you develop your core (it's tough as fuck, especially as a beginner, but it pays off).
If you have parallel bars do dips for both triceps and chest. Even if you don't have parallel bars your kitchen counter should do the trick.

Lastly for the diet, I eat 5 times a day. 3 normal meals and 2 "protein" snacks. I don't consume whey protein or anything like that so I have to eat a lot. However to lose fat at the same time that you gain muscle you need to do a lot of cardio. I used to do HIIT cardio for 30 minutes after my 1h:30 minutes of upper body exercise, and skipped cardio on leg days.

If you want me to, I can write down the program I followed when I started with calisthenics 2 years ago.

>writing down the program
Please do, I've been trying to do this on my own for 4 months now with little help from anyone else, I though I've been making progress, but I guess I haven't really.
Will this program you give me overwrite my old program in ?

And what kind of diet should I really be on? I thought I was supposed to be on high protein low carb, but now I'm told I need more carbs.

I don't want to get ripped, I just want a nice built/toned body I can be happy with and maintain.

And what about my bowflex weights? They're the selecttech ones where you can alter the amount of weight. I figured instead of buying a bunch of weights, why not just buy two that can change the weight amount?

C'mon, OP. Don't tell me I wrote all of this shit for nothing

Don't fret, I'm still here!

can you stop being gay and pick up a barbell

I have been prick, still working on it

Are you still writing down that program?

Okay. I'll do it quickly because I wanna go to sleep.

Remember to warm up your upper body. This is the best video I've ever found to warm up your arms and back youtube.com/watch?v=N7187Yqpq6I&list=WL&index=13

1. Back and biceps:

Pull ups, since your max is 12 aim for 14 (that's 2 sets of seven if you're too tired to do them in a row).
Pull ups wide grip x 7
Chin ups x 14

2. Chest and shoulders

Push Ups (standard variation) x15
Diamond Push Ups x15
Wide Push Ups x15
Pike Push ups x15

Dips (chest variation) x15
Dips (triceps variation) x10

3. Chore/Abs

Hangin L Raises x20
Parallel Bar Leg Raises x20

-----Repeat all of the above at least 3 times (3 sets of everything, in that order)-------

*When I started working out this routine used to take me over 2 hours to get done. After a few months I did it everything in an hour, so I stepped it up and did an extra set, that is 4 sets of everything.

After doing this workout, you should take 30 minutes to do HIIT cardio.

On Leg Days basically do a lot of free weight squats, and one leg squats. Focus on training explosive jumping strength. And don't do cardio or you might fuck up your knees.

Lastly, the stronger you get the more you have to broaden your horizons. Explore what your body can do, examples close/wide grip muscle ups, straddle holds, handstands. From there start adding/removing the exercises in your routine.

I'd like to show you what my routine looks nowadays, but I don't have any more time.

Also I forgot to menion. I trained 6 times a week 3 days upper body, and 3 days for the lower body. I take days off on Sundays.

Thank you so much!
Any suggestions for diet? High protein and carbs?

Believe it or not Lee Priest's bodybuilding diet helped me to lose fat and gain muscle (with cardio in my routine of course). I also cut all artificial sugars from my diet and salt too.
Call him whatever you want, but Lee Priest knows what he talks about.

Separate your meal plates into protein, carbs, and fats and you should be alright.

Your chest hair looks like an evangelion explosion

Honestly I've just been TRYING to stick with just things like chicken, eggs, oatmeal, turkey, red meat, protein powder, fish, brown rice, beans, some low-fat cheese, nuts, juices, potatoes. But it hasn't been perfect every day and sometimes it's hard to keep track of.
I really don't know how much I'm supposed to eat and eating 6 times a day sounds like a lot when most of the time I eat only once or twice a day.

You got some sick ILS going, brah.

I had to look that up. Inflated Lat Syndrome. Thanks I guess, I've been really working on my posture for a long time now.

Imaginary, not inflated.

close enough.
I'm starting to feel a little depressed that my 4 months of work really haven't shown much results from what others are telling me and that my routine is bad.

I don't even want to get totally ripped, I just want goddamn mass and extra meat on my bones, so I can look and feel good.

That's why you need a meal plan. If you fail to plan, you plain to fail.

Eating once or twice a day is not going to give you any results, and if you train with the intensity of my program you might even injure yourself or just rage quit due to lack of energy.

I eat 5 times a day (sometimes 6 if I feel more hungry, or think that I need more protein), I get everything I need in the morning, afternoon, and evening. But it's the snacks inbetween each meal that saved me from snacking, gave me extra energy and nutrients for muscle growth.
My snacks are things like tuna sandwiches with low-fat mayo, or even peanut butter and sliced banana sandwich. Do a bit of research, you'll see that you can engage in small healthy pleasures that don't fuck with your diet. I had some low fat greek yogurt with a spoon of cherry jam and a handful of walnuts mixed in, it was fucking great.

Take your meals seriously. It's very important.

Don't you fucking give up on me, motherfucker. I haven't spent an hour here with you so that you end up giving up due to depression.

I've never seen anyone training with the goal of "just staying fit enough to be happy" and you won't be an exception I guarantee you, because the stronger you get the more challenges you'll want to overcome. YOU'LL NEED TO OVERCOME.

Face your fears, face the pain. Per Aspera Ad Astra (Through Pain To The Stars).

I'm NOT giving up! Just realizing I need to change strategy and getting frustrated.

Screen cap this entire thread to remind yourself of everything going on here. To give yourself a vision of the future. And when you get there and look back, remember what fuckers like this said about you.

meh same height but lost like 50 lbs in 1.5 months
>potential growth?
you need a before and after
personally youre just overweight
meh similar as OP, youre just overweight, you barely have any muscles

you can't target areas for weight loss, don't fast, just diet better. youre goal is for the entire 2018? do not make some drastic demanding goal thatll be hard to keep up, you're fat because you're lazy and don't know how to properly maintain your food intake

gain muscles, it will overshadow your fat

both of you have such flat bodies, weak arms, no chest

liek what are you even doing?
you can definitely lose fat while building muscles
you just switch to protein and no fats, and burn up the calories

>protein and no fats

Basically, a recipe for disaster.

I just really need an easy to follow, solid diet plan that I can look at every day. There's so many different kinds I don't know what's a good fit or worth following.
Also I honestly couldn't tell if was a complementary joke, or just an insult.

you can try to argue bullshit with m e, i know what works, go on about your fasting, ill be over here making actual progress, because ive been working out for fucking ever and know how it works

3 fucking months and 10 pounds, like jesus fucking christ

Trial and error, man. That's where we all start. Just keep going.

Thanks for your advice and workout plan. I really appreciate it.

A diet with no fat? I can only see the top of Mr. Olympia contesters doing that, and for a month tops. There's no way anyone can restrict themselves of carbs or fat while living their day to day lives + doing exercise.

Diets are trending crap, a meal plan is something you can follow and live with comfortably healthy.

Ask me how i know you don't bench or do push ups

>there's no way anyone can diety while living out their lives and exercising
you're literally retarded