In your opinion what's the best program to hit 1/2/3/4?

In your opinion what's the best program to hit 1/2/3/4?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/get-started/programs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the way u shake it
i cant believe it
u make my peepee go
boing boing boing

ss then texas method

strongsets 16x16

>not doing largesets 20x20

>In your opinion what's the best program to hit 1/2/3/4?

I dunno, I'm doing SS with rows instead of cleans, and 3 sets of dips and leg raises one day, and chins and calve raises the other.

So far everything is going good.

when you do a calve raise you are doing a leg raise because your leg is being raised

smolov jr

Tren + doing the big 4 + some back accessory work.

SS->5/3/1->Candito

SS doesn't have cleans. Wanna know how I know you're a NYRfag?

This but without the SS, and Candito is what you do after you've done 5/3/1 and decided to get into PL
He meant power cleans, pedant.

u can prob do it faster with canditos right after ss
5/3/1 takes way to long with 4 week progressions

SS doesn' t have power cleans. Wanna know how I know you're a NYRfag?

Phase 2 Day B, dipshit.
startingstrength.com/get-started/programs

YNDTFP

BTFO by a couple of T Rexes. Shit.

you're joking, right?

You're a T Rex, right?

wow, great argument. Youre joking when you say power cleans aren't in starting strength. Stop playing dumb for (you)s

t. rex

prove me wrong, you (you) hungry shitposter. I guarantee you won't respond to this post with a rebuttal

newfag and third worlder here, what do you guys mean by 1/2/3/4

I guarantee you're a T Rex. Prove me wrong, cocksucker. I dare you.

aaaaannd i was right. just another shitposter fishing for (you)s by pretending to be retarded. Well, you got my dumb ass to reply, so I hope you're happy

t. rex

FUCKIN REKT HIM BRO

Nah, SS did

Don't look for the best program, look for the best cycle

THis

Lurk more
Read the sticky as well

45/90/135/180 lb OHP/Bench/Squat/Deadlift

steroids

>5/3/1

t. weak little bitch who got duped HARD

>In your opinion what's the best program to hit 1/2/3/4?
Just walk into the gym and lift that shit up.
If you need a program for 1/2/3/4 you're already too weak for this hobby, go find something else to do.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but it's 135/225/315/405

god, so many newfags here since jan 1st... it's like summer on /pol/

>literally counts his weights twice
>counts the bar too just to rub it in
You are confusing the newfags

where the fuck did you pull these numbers from?

1/2/3/4 refers to the number of plates.

1 plate = 45 lbs before they drill the hole, 40 lbs after

so it's 40/80/120/160

SPBP

> you're already too weak for this hobby, go find something else to do.
>discouraging your fellow bros

Never gonna make it

yeah sorry but i was lifting 1/2/3/4 on my second week at the gym. maybe if you didn't spend a quarter of your life drinking soy out of a plastic bottle, and instead sucked those sweet sweet gains straight out of your mothers tit, you'd be fit for this sport.

PHUL all day

>so it's 40/80/120/160
double that

SS, then PHUL.

No reason to go PHUL before you can even squat 2 plates and dead 3.

>he counts the plate on the left side

what are you, some sort of fucking communist?

t. fatty

>45 lbs before they drill the hole
is this the new meme?

Are you retarded? Do you think they cast the hole? No, they have to drill it after they mold the plate.

op ive been doing 5x5 starting strength with that exact goal

for 1pl8 do you lift 40 or 80? right thats what i thought

neither because weight is largely determined by altitude and pressure, you fucking newfag. stop ego boosting your numbers, you're only supposed to count one plate.

shut the fuck up

excellent bait

>5x5 starting strength
just do the program how its written so you dont hurt yourself

t. brainlet

literally anything lol if you eat and push yourself on those lifts you will reach those numbers within 1.5 yrs, 2 MAX.

i got there within 8 months when i was 17 and didn't know what SS or 5/3/1 was. i did play sports through HS though so that must have helped

>counting the bar
fuck off newfag

gonna step on the scales with a 45lb plate now, will report back with results

>SS doesn't have power cleans

What the fuck am I reading.

different user here, he's probably going off one of the modified SS that don't bother with power cleans and do rows instead, or maybe dips or something. Even in SS they are only done alternate to DL.

No such thing as modified SS. You’re either doing SS or you’re not.

SS yes

Texas Method is a terrible program.

read the fucking book

Doing power cleans as a beginner is a fantastic way to get injured. I get the rest of the program, but for beginners, this is asking for trouble

It’s fine if you’re doing nothing else at all physical and have no stress in your life whatsoever. So it’s useless for basically everyone.

Are you really trying to die on a hill for this?

>People without access to bumper plates may choose to use the barbell row instead of the
power clean. This is not a terrible substitution, but be aware of what you're giving up if you do.
Cleans are important to the deadlift in that they add an element of power to the pull off the floor, and in the long run this contributes to strength in that pull. The row is a different movement entirely, and contributes to deadlifting only in that it works the hip extensors and provides isometric work for the low back. If you are avoiding the clean because you don't want to have to learn how to do it, it is suggested that this might not be the best way to approach your training.

SS isn't even a set in stone only do this program. Rippetoe just gives good explanations of exercise, some of the science behind it, and his personal and professional experience. Throughout the book he gives you a "you could do x instead of y, but y is generally better for z reason."

K, but make sure you have a good quality plate, because most are off by +/- 5lbs.

which canrito

t. GDE

You arent doing SS
Read the book

It's pretty hard to get injured in power cleans because if you can't generate enough power, the bar will just fall to the ground.

the people telling her "you can totally do more" are the retards. Im pretty sure they just added 30kg to what she previously did and said "yeah, totes right?"

No, it's been around for months, it's still retarded. You'll see many retarded posts like this during January and February from idiots thinking they are trolling new year resolutioners

Thats like 60kg

Woman where a mistake

>counting the bar

>microload plates
>end up with -2.5 lbs per side
linear progression is a scam

1/2/3/4 is a dumb meme

>45 lbs before they drill the hole, 40 lbs after
That's my ab workout for the day, right there...

any program that will get you 1/2/3/4 within weeks of each other will be too high volume to maintain unless you're eating and sleeping insane amounts
or frauding

Will 1/2/3/4 give me a gf like pic related?

SS + Gomad for 6 months then a linear progression program
Aslong as you eat right and have good test you will hit 1/2/3/4

yes

What is 1/2/3/4?

ur gay

it says it up in the thread my dude

Why am i fucking laughing at this ?

>my nightly workout with the gf

fuck you all I just smacked my balls with the bar today doing power cleans

Is that a ripped quad