Do you fags only workout so that you look aesthetically pleasing or do you train to improve your physical...

Do you fags only workout so that you look aesthetically pleasing or do you train to improve your physical attributes(strength , endurance, speed, etc.)

We lift for memes

Lower chest and abs are too big

This man will beat the slavman

I do it for God

I lift so I feel good about myself short term, for aesthetics in several months to years and to be healthy and active when I'm 40years plus

It's fun to see how strong I can get. I don't care about the application of my strength or other physical attributes because I don't professionally play a sport.

yeah but do you get to use it?
seems kinda like a waste to just bulk up for the sake of it.
i at least want to get bigger so that i can hit harder in taekwando

I don't think it's a waste because it's something I enjoy and I believe the discipline of being a consistent lifter carries into other facets of life. I wish I was passionate about something that could utilize lifting, but I'm not.

I used to want to do powerlifting, but the thought of competing with other people doesn't excite me anymore.

best answer

I've been lifting for strength for 2 yrs and just recently realized that aesthetics should be the number 1 priority for someone that doesn't plan to compete and respects his health and well being.

I don't play sports or compete in power/weightlifting, so I lift for aesthetics. I'm always getting stronger though, it that doesn't matter as much to me as looking good.

I lift to keep the demons at bay.

There's your answer OP

Stipe will expose him.

He's only fought complete cans (Overeem included). there's nothing impressive about his resume, pure hype

In my opinion, form should follow function. Therefore, you should train your body with a certain function in mind (whatever you want) and the physique you manifest is simply a byproduct of that functionality. For example, "He has the physique of a fighter, swimmer, gymnast, etc."

If you work out for looks or instagram likes chances are you move like a meatheat and look like a fuckboy.

the only reason i workout is to get stronger and to be strong, what else actually matters if you cant lift a car off your dying wife?

>train at home
>nothing to distract me
>decide to try a martial art
>men hugging each other and touching each other's asses and crotches and mounting one another

Lifting teaches me alot. I lift for health, practising discipline, I've learned that I shouldn't be restricted by what my mind says I can and cannot do. The aesthetics that comes with it is what drives me, it's what I "measure".

Probably scar tissue from getting beat on

Are you implying the specimen is on juice?

that's mostly wrestling/jujitsu there are other martial arts disciplines that aren't on the ground.
boxing/kickboxing/karate...

Yeah you're right.
BJJ is the worst in this regard, unfortunately BJJ work is in pretty much any martial art gym.
Karate judos and boxing gyms are the exception ofc.

#1 comes from achieving #2 (with diet)

It makes me better at basketball

I do liftin + MMA
So i can look good, be strong and be dangerous

>implying i wouldn't let her die for that widowed father sympathy pussy

Lifting for basketball is absolute meme tier. Look at Durant he looks skinny fat and is absolutely bossing it.
Some sports are more skill oriented than others this one is certainly one of em so if you are shit at ball you won't get any good by being bigger.

Both
When I was younger I was fat and weak, I couldn't even climb a tree or a small wall, I couldn't do a push up, a pull up seemed like an impossible feat and 5 minutes was the maximum I could run before feeling dizzy and almost dying.
It was pathetic. I started doing calisthenics and now I'm more fit than the average guy in my city (not too much but I'm happy with what I've achieved), I have bigger arms than most, I can do 30 diamond push ups, 10 pull ups, I've lost a lot of weight, I can easily climb walls much taller than me, I never feel fatigue anymore, and most importantly, I feel more confident and I'm respected (and sometimes even feared) by other males. And I went from khhv to semi-chad.
I want to start going to the gym already because if I've done this just with basic shitty bodyweight things, the gains there will be crazy.

its a hobby, i do it because i enjoy it

you might get better gainz in the gym but you will also lose a lot of your build up calisthenic strength.

his abs are not too big he's got a bit of love handles and wtf do you mean his lower chest is too big, faggot.

Who said I'll stop doing calisthenics?

You're right, his delts, biceps, triceps, upper chest and lats are just too small and he should do vacuums. And he needs to strengthen his rhomboids